PDA

View Full Version : If you're my teammate and you try to gank in brawl, I will make sure we lose

ShugokeChoke
04-12-2017, 04:32 PM
This has happened far too many times than I can count. I will be paired up with an honorless teammate who does not respect the one versus one fight. If I see you try to attack my opponent in brawl, I will stop attacking until the match is over. Have some honor!

corazondedelfin
04-12-2017, 04:33 PM
This has happened far too many times than I can count. I will be paired up with an honorless teammate who does not respect the one versus one fight. If I see you try to attack my opponent in brawl, I will stop attacking until the match is over. Have some honor!

Then you should uninstall your game... Your teammate was just trying to help you, save you or get a kill while playing and having fun with you. Assh...e

xRocketfishx
04-12-2017, 04:35 PM
Guess you don't understand there is a 1vs 1 mode. Your the one with no honor. Maybe learn what the definition of a brawl means....kids nowadays

Fangzored
04-12-2017, 04:36 PM
If you want to play 1v1 go play 1v1... blaming your teammate for being smart and using common sense to increase your chances to win is the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

Get off your high horse or get out of team game modes.

cragar212
04-12-2017, 04:38 PM
Hi, incase you're unaware there is a game mode called duel! This is where you can fight 1v1.

You're a cancer to this game if you try grief people who don't play how you want them to.

Ps For once me and Corazondedelfin agree Assh..le

Prophit618
04-12-2017, 04:43 PM
Even better general advice: don't make assumptions.
Both ganking and double 1v1s are viable ways of playing Brawl. If you have a serious problem one way or the other, tell your teammate in that time before the match starts how you'd prefer to play. If you don't give your teammate any framework, he's gonna play the way he usually does, which might or might not be a problem for you. Certainly don't expect them not to gank, while I see way more 1v1s than ganking in Brawls personally, just one look at the boards tells you that there is no small sum of people who don't like it that way.

kweassa1917
04-12-2017, 04:49 PM
So not only do you dictate how the game should be played, and then whine about it when others don't play you want them to, now you will lose the game on purpose if things don't go your way.

Such 'honor'.

Gray360UK
04-12-2017, 04:49 PM

The part where it actually says 2 vs 2 on the mode as you select it doesn't mean a lot to you then?

Nor does the far more dishonourable behaviour you display when you deliberately sabotage a match because someone isn't playing according to a fantasy code that exists only in your mind. That is your version of honour?

Your team mate has broken no game rules, only ones you have invented, rules you no doubt didn't even have the courtesy to share with him?

But he has the problem? :rolleyes:

secrecy274
04-12-2017, 04:54 PM
Wow... never thought I would see people forum this unified over something... granted, it's only a few people, however it's still rare.

corazondedelfin
04-12-2017, 04:58 PM
The part where it actually says 2 vs 2 on the mode as you select it doesn't mean a lot to you then?

Nor does the far more dishonourable behaviour you display when you deliberately sabotage a match because someone isn't playing according to a fantasy code that exists only in your mind. That is your version of honour?

Your team mate has broken no game rules, only ones you have invented, rules you no doubt didn't even have the courtesy to share with him?

But he has the problem? :rolleyes:

Gray in his real nature. An internet twin brother for me hahaha Totally different but totally equal.

DrExtrem
04-12-2017, 04:59 PM
Yeah i did that at first ...

Lost most of my games. O somit however, if the enemy is fighting a bot. That's the only time I wait.

corazondedelfin
04-12-2017, 04:59 PM
Wow... never thought I would see people forum this unified over something... granted, it's only a few people, however it's still rare.

Enjoy it secrecy, it will only last some minutes more xD

RatedChaotic
04-12-2017, 05:13 PM
You entered a 2v2 battle. So be ready for a 2v1 if your teammate falls. Sometimes your opponents will let the 1v1 happen and some opponents wont. Be ready. Your on a team so play like one.

CandleInTheDark
04-12-2017, 05:15 PM
This is worse than the bowing thread >.>

it is For Honor not With Honor and letting your teammate's head get cut off when you could stop it is not honourable in either of those definitions.

corazondedelfin
04-12-2017, 05:22 PM
This is worse than the bowing thread >.>

it is For Honor not With Honor and letting your teammate's head get cut off when you could stop it is not honourable in either of those definitions.

For Honor should be about honor, this thread is not about what you are talking.

Playing with honor means fighting along your brothers and sisters around you, not letting them dieing or losing alone...

FOR HONOR = A GAME THAT SHOULD BE ABOUT HONOR, but this is not what we were talking.

CandleInTheDark
04-12-2017, 05:26 PM
For Honor should be about honor, this thread is not about what you are talking.

Playing with honor means fighting along your brothers and sisters around you, not letting them dieing or losing alone...

FOR HONOR = A GAME THAT SHOULD BE ABOUT HONOR, but this is not what we were talking.

So in other words *jedi hand wave* this thread is not the honour we are looking for ;) (and I agree for the record >.>)

RighteousHooo
04-12-2017, 06:34 PM
Duel is for 1v1, more times then not I play brawl with honor unless they go the other route first. But to expect only 1v1 is your failing.

RenfieldX
04-12-2017, 07:01 PM
Honestly, I'd prefer that my teammate not jump in when I'm fighting in Brawl. Not because of 'honor', but because 90% of the people in this game don't seem to know how to 2v1 in an intelligent manner and end up triggering revenge and getting us both killed, or interrupting my attacks.

SK-LorD4rk
04-12-2017, 07:16 PM
This subject generates so many forum threads (both ways)... this demands so little effort from Ubisoft to fix... Oh, well.

CandleInTheDark
04-12-2017, 07:42 PM
Ubisoft already fixed it, it is called Duel. It is also the fact that nothing in the brawl rules, not in someone's private 'this is how I want to play the game' but the actual rules of the game,ban or in any way discourages 2v1.

SK-LorD4rk
04-12-2017, 07:54 PM
Ubisoft already fixed it, it is called Duel. It is also the fact that nothing in the brawl rules, not in someone's private 'this is how I want to play the game' but the actual rules of the game,ban or in any way discourages 2v1.

You can't 2x (1x1) in Duels, so no they didn't fix it. Thus, the sole reason so many topics like this are created in a daily basis. In my Brawls experience the majority of people prefer to 2x (1x1) for w/e are their reason, this is a strong indicator a proper 'fix' to the situation could be created.

I fully agree the current Brawl system is designed to 2x2 and not 2x (1x1). However, that is not what I was talking about.

Xynrex
04-12-2017, 07:57 PM

Get out.

There is the door.

CandleInTheDark
04-12-2017, 08:04 PM
You can't 2x (1x1) in Duels, so no they didn't fix it. Thus, the sole reason so many topics like this are created in a daily basis. In my Brawls experience the majority of people prefer to 2x (1x1) for w/e are their reason, this is a strong indicator a proper 'fix' to the situation could be created.

I fully agree the current Brawl system is designed to 2x2 and not 2x (1x1). However, that is not what I was talking about.

I am not sure where people got the idea that it was supposed to be 2x (1v1), the description of brawl very clearly says 2v2 (and I know you acknowledged this, I am not arguing that you haven't), the description of duel very clearly says 1v1 which seems to be what people want, everything else says 4v4, the problem isn't the players who are treating it like a 2v2 and if someone wants 1v1 over and over again they can queue for another duel so they are already catered to.

The_B0G_
04-12-2017, 08:06 PM
My friends and I play the 1v1 style while in Brawl but only if it suits us, if one of the guys on the other side is a lot better than us both, we double team him; if they double team us, even just one GB to stop us from finishing off their teammate, game on, no holds barred.

DeathWatcher0
04-12-2017, 08:16 PM
"Stand in the ashes of a trillion disconnected souls and ask the ghosts if honor matters. The error screen is your answer"

Varakharne
04-12-2017, 08:18 PM

So because you are too selfish to understand the chaos and imperfect actions that happen on the battlefield you are essentially going to take your ball and go home ? There are a lot of you young kids who really need to learn how to deal with adversity. Pathetic In light of your temper tantrum I am now going to double gank everyone I see just in the hope I piss you off and you rage quit Its going to be GANK OF AMERICA for the next week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thief183
04-12-2017, 08:29 PM
Can't wait for this honourable ppl to leave the game.....

Felis_Menari
04-12-2017, 08:49 PM

Gotta take a vote at the start of a match if you wish to try to enforce your desired (but not necessarily intended) playstyle in 2v2. If even one person votes no, then you need to play 2v2 like what it's titled as; a brawl. And if you don't bother with communication and just assume others will (or should) play the game your way, well, that's on you.

SK-LorD4rk
04-12-2017, 08:54 PM
I am not sure where people got the idea that it was supposed to be 2x (1v1), the description of brawl very clearly says 2v2 (and I know you acknowledged this, I am not arguing that you haven't), the description of duel very clearly says 1v1 which seems to be what people want, everything else says 4v4, the problem isn't the players who are treating it like a 2v2 and if someone wants 1v1 over and over again they can queue for another duel so they are already catered to.

I'm pretty sure we are in mutual agreement in our points.

I agree with your PoV in the current Brawl formula and people that want to play 2x(1x1) in the current Brawl no matter what - even if your partners explicitly say they want to 2x2 - should go play Duel mode instead.

Let me put it in a different way. I know you don't fully agree with it, but: what if Ubisoft creates a new Brawl mode (2x2) designed to 2x (1x1) - since a big percentage of people like to play it that way (in my experience more than 50%) - so we, as a community, can forget this topic once and for all , never see these kind of posts again and move forward? Otherwise it will be gazillion topics like this in a daily basis. We can't force our views/preferences down on others. Having more options is always the best way.

I believe this is a relative "easy" fix, but I want to make it clear this should not be an immediate priority for devs, far away behind of the connectivity/mm issues and class balance.

sgt.smegma
04-12-2017, 09:29 PM
How I approach a fight (no matter wich gamemode I am in except vs AI):

I perform a gesture to show some respect
even as a close-to-only-warden player I try to avoid that boring vortex.
I donīt intentionally go for an environment kill.
I donīt team up against a minority, but ready to even up when my team needs reinforcement.
I take a victory and a defeat with a smile.

Exception rules are when,
cheesy players pi** me off.

but what I donīt do is to complain about a lack of honor because how can one stand out with some honorable (extraordinary) behaviour when everybody else is doing the same?

I feel best in for honor right in that moment when I leave the battlefield as the last man standing and 3 (or even 4) steamy corpse of the enemy team are on the ground close to my feet :D
.....then i feel pretty much like a knight ;)

PS: In 2v2 I donīt let the enemy chop off the head of my teammate....to prevent this I stay close to that duell and try to interrupt that execution so I could revive my mate. personally I think that faceing 2 enemys in a 2v2 on the same level is tough enough because after an even match you have to face another (also already hurt) enemy.

CandleInTheDark
04-12-2017, 09:37 PM
I'm pretty sure we are in mutual agreement in our points.

I agree with your PoV in the current Brawl formula and people that want to play 2x(1x1) in the current Brawl no matter what - even if your partners explicitly say they want to 2x2 - should go play Duel mode instead.

Let me put it in a different way. I know you don't fully agree with it, but: what if Ubisoft creates a new Brawl mode (2x2) designed to 2x (1x1) - since a big percentage of people like to play it that way (in my experience more than 50%) - so we, as a community, can forget this topic once and for all , never see these kind of posts again and move forward? Otherwise it will be gazillion topics like this in a daily basis. We can't force our views/preferences down on others. Having more options is always the best way.

I believe this is a relative "easy" fix, but I want to make it clear this should not be an immediate priority for devs, far away behind of the connectivity/mm issues and class balance.

Ah fair point,I may have misread your earlier post. It is an idea I wouldn't be adverse to the devs looking at, but right now, yeah like you say that has to come behind connection issues and the bulk of the balancing work. I probably wouldn't play it myself because thematically it doesn't make sense to me,you go in as two and try to come out as two, but if the devs can do it and it keeps others from spoiling someone else's game experience, whichever side of the line they fall on, all power to the devs.

Joseph_2017
04-12-2017, 09:52 PM
When has there ever been a PvP game with "Honor". You should probably just party up with a friend assuming you have any..

PiusLeviticus
04-12-2017, 10:22 PM

a BRAWL by definition is an unorganized fight. if you want to 1v1 the go play duels

AKDagriZ
04-12-2017, 11:12 PM
shame on you for doing that. I don,t need to add anything else people say it clearly .Brawl is a brawl . 1v1 mode exist . Oh i got it you want an audience to look at you figthing ! this is why you prefer brawl rather of duel .

If i meet 3 other guy who want to 1v1 in brawl i won't be an a*s . I will respect all of them and quit at the end of the battle. If someone say to me respect the 1v1 no honor i quit on spot. I will leave my place to mr BOT and see if he have more honor than me

MrForz
04-13-2017, 12:46 AM
There's something funny in this. You're teamed up with this guy in Brawl, and he goes the ganking route for the sake of it. You'll proceed to call him out and babble about your duel code of honor or whatever makes your epeen bigger. On top of it you want to purposely lose the match. Tell me who the hell is griefing here.

FledgeSRondo
04-13-2017, 12:58 AM
I prefer not to double up on opponents in Brawl, for one because I don't want to help the remaining opponent get Revenge (and a chance to destroy my team), and also because I want to give my teammate a chance to get a sense for how the opponent plays and beat his opponent on his own merits if he can (watching them fight gives a good idea as well). I also like the challenge of facing an opponent tough enough to defeat my teammate, and if he can defeat me as well I have an even greater respect and excitement. In that sense Brawl mode can be like a more layered Duel mode, except with an added challenge of having to beat not just one opponent, but for the best survivors of a battle to face off. The mode itself is paired up with Duel mode, and in the same vein lacks the feats and boosts of other modes as well in order to emphasize the combat aspect, and in that respect I think many players carry a kind of "warrior's spirit" of personal improvement and challenge from dueling into Brawl mode as well, and probably find the prospect of double-teaming on a single opponent one-sided and unappealing.

That said, I won't begrudge anyone to play the way they like. If you like to gank, team up, spam or use environmental hazards, that's allowed and a valid way to play the mode, and if it's understood this is the way folks want to play in a match then I'm more than happy to join their shenanigans until the match is over. Though I'll be honest, it feels boring and uninteresting to me to play that way, not particularly challenging or intense since you'll already have the advantage of numbers, but if winning at all costs is your idea of fun then I can put aside my own idea of a fun challenge until the next matchup with other players.

Now Elimination and Skirmish, there I put any "dueling challenge" mentality aside and try to win at all costs, as those modes seem to encourage a complete free-for-all, especially with boosts that give you a shortcut access to your feats.