PDA

View Full Version : Idea: make light attack unparryable! ... it will stop defend game style

HiTeHa
04-12-2017, 03:28 PM
Just an idea. I meet lots of players which "do nothing" but only parry your all attacks and profit. After that you just dance, face to face and noone attack first.

My opinion: make light attack unparryable. This will lead to more offensive gamestyle without worry. Of course, blocked light should took more stamina. BTW I somewhere read that if you are out of stamina, than you can not parry an attack. Why this not work? I think this will be good if implemented.

... hmm?

Jobsalot
04-12-2017, 03:40 PM
One word for why this is a bad idea

Peacekeeper.

Prophit618
04-12-2017, 03:44 PM

Peacekeeper.

Two words: Absolutely correct.

corazondedelfin
04-12-2017, 03:45 PM
If you can keep up with peacekeeper man, then sure, good idea for me. Im Orochi, that would make me pretty strong.

Pincopallino097
04-12-2017, 03:47 PM
It would make no sense to me

Aarpian
04-12-2017, 04:20 PM
Terrible idea. Game would turn into two people taking it in turns to block the opponent and then throw their own light attack.

corazondedelfin
04-12-2017, 04:27 PM
Terrible idea. Game would turn into two people taking it in turns to block the opponent and then throw their own light attack.

Is it better now full of parry-turtles? HAHAHAHA

That was a good one.

Aarpian
04-12-2017, 04:29 PM

That was a good one.

Yes, it actually is. This would turn it into a poor man's chivalry.

Prophit618
04-12-2017, 04:44 PM

That was a good one.

So much better than with the suggested implementation.

corazondedelfin
04-12-2017, 04:45 PM
So much better than with the suggested implementation.

We will never know xD

HiTeHa
04-12-2017, 04:57 PM

Peacekeeper.

What do you mean "Peacekeeper"? Just defend and parry. You can parry even light attacks so do it multiple times and belive me, he will stop spam it! ...

Rikuto01.tv
04-12-2017, 04:58 PM
Plot twist -- make the heavy unable to be parried instead.

Gray360UK
04-12-2017, 04:58 PM
What do you mean "Peacekeeper"? Just defend and parry. You can parry even light attacks so do it multiple times and belive me, he will stop spam it! ...

Have you even installed the game yet? :rolleyes:

kweassa1917
04-12-2017, 04:59 PM

That's all nice and diddly-fine, except the thread's opening post idea was...

...make lights unparriable?

Prophit618
04-12-2017, 04:59 PM

Reread the OP, or the thread title, which is suggesting that you make light attacks unparryable. Peacekeeper is one (of many) good reasons why that would be a terrible idea, as parrying those lights is one of the ways you can punish light spam.

corazondedelfin
04-12-2017, 05:00 PM
Have you even installed the game yet? :rolleyes:

Hhahahahahahhahah Oh man you made me cry hahahhah

HiTeHa
04-12-2017, 05:03 PM
Reread the OP, or the thread title, which is suggesting that you make light attacks unparryable. Peacekeeper is one (of many) good reasons why that would be a terrible idea, as parrying those lights is one of the ways you can punish light spam.

What? ... why you not parry PKs light attacks if he spam them? :) ... PKs are my favourite enemy because they actually not have anything which can go through block :)

Look on YouTube. Every good Vardens never attack first. Only shoulder charge / guardbreak. Why? Because of parry. Conquerors same. Raider have great unblockable area attack -> feint into GB.... etc..

Prophit618
04-12-2017, 05:07 PM
What? ... why you not parry PKs light attacks if he spam them? :) ... PKs are my favourite enemy because they actually not have anything which can go through block :)

Look on YouTube. Every good Vardens never attack first. Only shoulder charge / guardbreak. Why? Because of parry.

Are you...are you trolling?

The discussion is about making light attacks UNPARRYABLE.
The argument against this is that PKs light attack would be unfairly good if it was made UNPARRYABLE.

So why are you talking about parrying?

kweassa1917
04-12-2017, 05:10 PM

The argument against this is that PKs light attack would be unfairly good if it was made UNPARRYABLE.

Not only that, but he's the thread starter.

So he's contradicting his own words.

HiTeHa
04-12-2017, 05:13 PM

I am showing you why PKs are easiest enemy if you know how to parry. But you start talking about PK. What about other heroes? What they should do if all attacks end with parry?

BTW read my first post carefully. I type that unparryable light attacks can be blocked -> will cost more stamina.

If PKs will be OP, everyone will have them. Look on Orochi. Hardest players use top light and area attack. Nothing more because everything else is easy to parry. But you can catch even this both fast attacks. Than Orochi loose. This is how I win -> parry & profit.

And how all fights end? ... noone want to attack first. Because it is too risky.

Gray360UK
04-12-2017, 05:21 PM

Just a minor correction. PK light attacks are already unfairly good. I don't even know what you would call them if they coudln't be parried either. There is no word in the English language for how ridiculously OP the PK would become ...

https://i.imgsafe.org/e53bddd93e.jpg

corazondedelfin
04-12-2017, 05:25 PM
Just a minor correction. PK light attacks are already unfairly good. I don't even know what you would call them if they coudln't be parried either. There is no word in the English language for how ridiculously OP the PK would become ...

Darth Keeperius, you may rise now. Feel the Dark Side inside you. Let yourself be born.

CandleInTheDark
04-12-2017, 05:27 PM

I love that meme but shouldn't the peacekeeper be holding the red one given the reputation she has? :p

corazondedelfin
04-12-2017, 05:29 PM
I love that meme but shouldn't the peacekeeper be holding the red one given the reputation she has? :p

He stole blue saber from Master Oroshi, when she killed him (Oroshi was her assassin light side master) and joined the Dark Side of the Force. Keeper was OP after all the Oroshi deflect hard-training xDDDDDDDD

Delectable_Sin
04-12-2017, 05:29 PM
If they were smart enough to make everyone's light attacks as fast as the PK's, this game wouldn't even need any changes. But alas, it's Ubi we're talking about here...

Prophit618
04-12-2017, 05:30 PM

I feel like Red is more the vikings' color. Besides, look at the name; Peacekeeper. Totally a jedi. Just one of the ****ty prequel jedis.

corazondedelfin
04-12-2017, 05:31 PM
I feel like Red is more the vikings' color. Besides, look at the name; Peacekeeper. Totally a jedi. Just one of the ****ty prequel jedis.

No way, thats bullsh1t. Look to my post, that is the real answer. I know the story.

Prophit618
04-12-2017, 05:37 PM
No way, thats bullsh1t. Look to my post, that is the real answer. I know the story.

It feels nice to be disagreeing with you Corazon. Too many of your posts today are either agreeable or meant only to be funny.

I know this one was meant as comedy too, but I'll take what I can to feel normal :)

corazondedelfin
04-12-2017, 05:42 PM
It feels nice to be disagreeing with you Corazon. Too many of your posts today are either agreeable or meant only to be funny.

I know this one was meant as comedy too, but I'll take what I can to feel normal :)

xD Good one.

CandleInTheDark
04-12-2017, 08:08 PM

Ah so it should be the green blade then and a promotion to regular original Jedi (I wanted to say yellow but that doesn't match the lore so well, at least not old republic era, there was no real significance between the colours by the time of the original movies)