PDA

View Full Version : Feedback for the Development Team

DangerWW
04-12-2017, 06:30 AM
Dear Ubisoft,

I've spent plenty of time in the game, leveled up a few heroes, and have communicated with several friends who also play For Honor. Here are some of our notes for the development team:

You have created a skill-based game... that rewards people for playing without skill.

You have created a dueling game... that encourages people not to duel.

You have created a game that requires precision and timing... with clunky, imprecise game design and server management. (Really, some poor coding here.)

You have spent MILLIONS and at least three years building this game... yet a beautiful looking piece of trash is still trash.

Somewhere, in some room, there is someone at Ubisoft making rationalizations and excuses regarding the quality of this game. They will say the server issue isn't their fault; they will say that those who are complaining on the forums and elsewhere are whining, greedy, or need to "gitgud"; they will even deny that there are problems with the game.

This person should be fired on the spot.

What you have created should have been a free-to-play game, because that is the quality of your work. Unfortunately, in addition to attempting to nickle-and-dime us through in-game transactions, you charged us upwards of 60$ just for the chance to see this nonsense. You asked us to take your word for it, that all the issues brought up during the beta period would be resolved, and that this game was worth playing.

Having already been burned from The Division, perhaps it's my fault for trusting the company again. My mistake.

Thus, in order to save both your time and my cash, I will simply not purchase anything from your company. No Ubisoft project will ever again get any of my money. I spend enough on games each year that you want me as a customer, yet For Honor will be the last Ubisoft game I ever buy.

As mentioned before, and by others on these forums, I am not the only person who feels this way. I encourage anyone who read this to stop spending money on Ubisoft products; until they start to feel the impact financially, they will have no reason to change how they do business.

The_B0G_
04-12-2017, 07:48 AM
As far as the dueling game without dueling... theres a duel game mode. The rest is your opinion, the servers and matchmaking need some work, balancing needs work as well, there needs to be less vortex-type combos.

The core game is fun though, it can be frustrating when you keep getting beat by someones spam moves or from those "I never attack and only parry" guys, but in time it will get ironed out. This is the first game of it's type, have patience, it will improve.

Mia.Nora
04-12-2017, 10:02 AM
Thus, in order to save both your time and my cash, I will simply not purchase anything from your company. No Ubisoft project will ever again get any of my money. I spend enough on games each year that you want me as a customer, yet For Honor will be the last Ubisoft game I ever buy.

That is where I exactly stand. This was the first Ubisoft game I bought since AC series, from now on I doubt I will even buy anymore of those either.

DrinkinMehStella
04-12-2017, 10:23 AM
the only rage i have now is with the connection. i have no problems with the balancing as every hero has its perks and downfall you need to learn how to counter them. If you can parry good then tbh you can fight most hero with ease.

kweassa1917
04-12-2017, 10:52 AM
the only rage i have now is with the connection. i have no problems with the balancing as every hero has its perks and downfall you need to learn how to counter them. If you can parry good then tbh you can fight most hero with ease.

Ditto.

The only thing that consistently bothers me is how the entire match is pulled down when someone goes a-wall or drops due to connection problems. Then the entire matchmaking process again. Under normal circumstances people should be getting maybe 4~5 matches per hour. Instead, due to this bullsheez people are lucky to be able to maybe finish 2~3 matches, and have the rest of the matches just blow up in their face.

DrinkinMehStella
04-12-2017, 11:06 AM
Last night all i wanted to do was get my valk rep 4 i was level 18 and should have only taken and hour but it disconnected about 5 times and ended up taking me 3hrs.

DangerWW
04-13-2017, 03:07 PM
As far as the dueling game without dueling... theres a duel game mode. The rest is your opinion, the servers and matchmaking need some work, balancing needs work as well, there needs to be less vortex-type combos.

1) The core mechanic of this game is dueling. It's why you lock onto a character to perform most of your attacks.

2) What I have posted are also OBSERVATIONS, in the same way "the sun is in the sky during the day" is an observation. They also happen to be observations that many others have had, as seen on the forums. This game is broken on a fundamental level, and because Ubisoft seems incapable of NOT breaking a game, I won't buy any more of their stuff.

The core game is fun though, it can be frustrating when you keep getting beat by someones spam moves or from those "I never attack and only parry" guys, but in time it will get ironed out. This is the first game of it's type, have patience, it will improve.

The core IDEA of this game is a good one, and any other company would have made a killer game. But I can't have patience when all of these things were brought up in the Beta and not resolved, and when they have done this in every game since AC3. It seems like the people defending this game are like the dog in that picture of the house on fire, sitting inside and saying, "I'm fine with this."

I will not keep buying their stuff and waiting for it to get better; I will stop buying their stuff UNTIL it gets better, and I encourage everyone who is reading this to do the same.

Gray360UK
04-13-2017, 03:13 PM
You have created a dueling game ...

No.

DangerWW
04-13-2017, 03:51 PM
No.

Yes.

Gray360UK
04-13-2017, 05:23 PM
Yes.

One mode, 20% of the total game. Normally on Low Activity. Here is your 'duelling game'.

Four other modes, 80% of the total game. Normally High to Very High Activity. Not duels.

This is not including the single player campaign, of course, also not duels.

All of these modes, even the Duels, include environmental hazards that completey destroy the notion that you are in a game that is all about duels.

It is not a duelling game that encourages people not to duel. That makes no sense. The reason it makes no sense is because you made that up.

TL;DR: When you can't figure out why a game is all about a thing, but that thing isn't in 80% of the game, it's because the game isn't about that thing, obviously.

DangerWW
04-13-2017, 08:06 PM
TL;DR: Wrong on all counts.

One mode, 20% of the total game. Normally on Low Activity. Here is your 'duelling dueling game'.

Four other modes, 80% of the total game. Normally High to Very High Activity. Not duels.

This is not including the single player campaign, of course, also not duels.

TL;DR: When you can't figure out why a game is all about a thing, but that thing isn't in 80% of the game, it's because the game isn't about that thing, obviously.

1) Your math is broken. Three of the five game modes have you square off directly against an opponent. That's 60%. Only one of those has "duel" in the title, so your confusion is somewhat understandable. What's more, the core mechanic of the game is focusing on an opponent and testing your skills against theirs. This is called dueling.

It is not a duelling game that encourages people not to duel. That makes no sense. The reason it makes no sense is because you made that up.

2) I didn't make that up; Ubisoft did. From the official Ubisoft webpage:
"Using the new Art of Battle system, you will have full control over the placement of their weapons. You can attack and move around just like you normally would, and then you can also lock onto a single opponent and enter into a dueling mode." http://blog.ubi.com/for-honor-deep-dive/

All of these modes, even the Duels, include environmental hazards that completey completely destroy the notion that you are in a game that is all about duels.

3) You haven't provided a reason why it's not a dueling game; you've provided an example one of many flaws in what clearly IS a dueling game.

FroZZenT
04-13-2017, 11:11 PM

but is it right that we payed to be nothing but beta tester for them is it really right that we have to use our money for them to test the game so it maybe will be better over time .
is this the way the gaming buiness have come to, that we pay for a game that have not been quality tested enough.
for me it just feels like we are nothing but beta tester for them and that is it, and we pay for a broken **** game. if i did the same thing at work i will be looking for a new job because i will be fired for doing so low quality work.

Gray360UK
04-14-2017, 12:58 AM
TL;DR: Wrong on all counts.

Blah blah pedantic crap ....

You seem to believe that the existence of a mechanic that allows you to lock on to an opponent and the fact that this was once called a duelling mechanic in an article means that every time you use it, you are duelling, and therefore the game is a duelling game ... that is some next level special needs logic right there.

Next time I lock on to someone as I run up behind them and kick them over a ledge, I shall consider that a well fought duel. I used to think it was me being a dishonourable scumbag, but you have made me see it in a whole new light. Thank you! :rolleyes:

The_B0G_
04-14-2017, 01:11 AM
In the beginning tutorial it shows you how to switch lock from one opponent to another, so yes, there is a lock on mechanic, but that doesn't mean you'll only be fighting one person at a time; hense why they showed you how to switch back and forth quickly.

The_B0G_
04-14-2017, 01:17 AM
but is it right that we payed to be nothing but beta tester for them is it really right that we have to use our money for them to test the game so it maybe will be better over time .
is this the way the gaming buiness have come to, that we pay for a game that have not been quality tested enough.
for me it just feels like we are nothing but beta tester for them and that is it, and we pay for a broken **** game. if i did the same thing at work i will be looking for a new job because i will be fired for doing so low quality work.

There are definitely issues that should of been fixed before release, but connection issues and class balance is hard to have perfect without thousands of people to try it. Barely any games release with characters perfectly balanced.

DangerWW
04-14-2017, 06:18 PM
You seem to believe that the existence of a mechanic that allows you to lock on to an opponent and the fact that this was once called a duelling mechanic in an article means that every time you use it, you are duelling, and therefore the game is a duelling game ... that is some next level special needs logic right there.

Well, I was worried this was going to happen. You're reading comprehension isn't great, you're having trouble keeping up, and you're starting ot get your feelings hurt. So let me break this down Barney-style, for you.

For Honor is a dueling based game, because it works like a dueling based game, and the developers call it a dueling based game. According to your post, you seem to think these things make it NOT a dueling game, then (ironically) make a joke about "special needs logic". All the other arguments you have provided failed to prove it is NOT a dueling based game; the merely show it is a FLAWED one.

But look, you're not the problem here. Your just some guy on the internet, trying to make himself heard. Ubisoft and their under-engineered, over-priced game are the problem. Heck, the “dueling” thing was only one of several flaws I pointed out in my original post.

Anyway, we're done here. Good luck in you travels!