PDA

View Full Version : Why I think Knights lost the faction war

redxman01
04-12-2017, 04:59 AM
Yeah, yeah, I know that there might be any number of reasons as to why the knights lost. Also, I'm not pouting about it either. I think it was the Lawbringer that was the downfall of the Knights. Yes, it seems far fetched, but hear me out. The Lawbringer was one of the most hyped character from the beta trailer to actually playing the character, but once players, who recruited him first to try him out got disappointed. I know I was when I started playing him. And after that people switched of from Knights to another faction. Now this is just what I think is one of the reasons the Knights lost, and there might be another reason such as time-zones or amount of players in the faction, or something. To me it just seems weird how the Knights haven't won one round in the entire season yet. If anyone has some good ideas please share them.

kweassa1917
04-12-2017, 05:05 AM
uh... you do realize which class you play in game has nothing to do with what faction you are in, right?

Frappenstain
04-12-2017, 07:01 AM
You can be adopted as a Viking or Samurai on tho knights path. You just need to sacrifice some steel to the altar...

The_B0G_
04-12-2017, 07:12 AM
The Knights lost because they never stood a chance from the beginning. The player base is too small, we can barely even keep up with the other factions, let alone pull ahead.

Not sure how they balance the player numbers between the factions but just by looking at how often we pull ahead, which I hardly ever see, it doesn't seem to be working for the Knights. Even our peak hours we basically tie another faction before we go back to last place until our peak again.

Joseph_2017
04-12-2017, 07:43 AM
I was a knight at first, I played a lot and deployed a lot of assets for the first two rounds. After losing rounds I just thought more dedicated players were either Vikings or Samurai. Yeah I might be a traitor or whatever but I decided not to deploy assets as a Samurai to be somewhat fair, and patiently wait for next season. Also I was a LB at first, he seemed weak and went Shugoki main so it just felt right.

The_B0G_
04-12-2017, 07:54 AM
Yeah once I see what type of rewards for winning a season you get, I will make a decision to switch factions if it's worth the reward.

As is with the faction war, I really can't see the Knights winning a round, let alone winning a season.

Manlorey
04-12-2017, 08:27 AM
Yeah I might be a traitor or whatever but I decided not to deploy assets as a Samurai to be somewhat fair
I have an even better solution for you, why dont you choose to die every game you are in, sacrificing yourself as a samurai traitor to the knight cause and frag list. Everything for deus vult, even if you are another faction!

I cant believe this guy

Hillbill79
04-12-2017, 08:52 AM
If you switch faction before the end of the season you wont get any rewards at all. And by end of the season I mean after the winners have their rewards.

Yeah once I see what type of rewards for winning a season you get, I will make a decision to switch factions if it's worth the reward.

As is with the faction war, I really can't see the Knights winning a round, let alone winning a season.

Joseph_2017
04-12-2017, 08:55 AM
I have an even better solution for you, why dont you choose to die every game you are in, sacrificing yourself as a samurai traitor to the knight cause and frag list. Everything for deus vult, even if you are another faction!

I cant believe this guy

Seems like I triggered a Knight. Sorry for your loss. See you on the battlefield.

escacleo
04-12-2017, 08:58 AM
With Samurai at 2 and Vikings at 2 Who wins if Knights do get next round?

vgrimr_J
04-12-2017, 09:25 AM
there is too many HERETICS!

Dude_of_Valor
04-12-2017, 09:42 AM

No one but the developers know. Still we will find out in 14 days!

SteampunkJester
04-12-2017, 10:01 AM

I would assume that it would go to the faction with the most total war assets throughout the season.

DrinkinMehStella
04-12-2017, 10:20 AM
I'm with the samurai faction but main the Valkyrie. I wish i supported the vikings first but i wont be a traitor and switch win or lose.

DrExtrem
04-12-2017, 10:46 AM

I cant believe this guy

Typical winning team joiner.

Its not worth getting exaggerated because of it. He would have joined any faction that wins. The thing is, that samurai won, because they had the bonus assets from being bad and they had the tine zone advantage. That's all you need.

Ulrichvonbek111
04-12-2017, 11:36 AM

Its not worth getting exaggerated because of it. He would have joined any faction that wins. The thing is, that samurai won, because they had the bonus assets from being bad and they had the tine zone advantage. That's all you need.

...........and the knights achieved absolutely nothing,,not even one round all because of pig headed stubbornness and may I say jealousy. Unfortunately for the knights who did want to protect their lands there were many who sacrificed their border towns to the Vikings,
Enemies within their own ranks have taken their chivilary, courage and valour and rubbed it in the dirt.
They've betrayed their own kin,,showing everyone what they are...
SPINELESS.

Joseph_2017
04-12-2017, 11:41 AM

Hey guy if you must bark at me, my friends picked up the game in round 3 and joined the Samurai. Why would I stay? For honor right? Lmao you kids take this game way to serious. Btw wtf is a tine zone?

Gray360UK
04-12-2017, 12:03 PM
Yeah, yeah, I know that there might be any number of reasons as to why the knights lost. Also, I'm not pouting about it either. I think it was the Lawbringer that was the downfall of the Knights. Yes, it seems far fetched, but hear me out.

While this is certainly interesting logic, I'm going to say no. Because Peacekeeper.

Captain-Courage
04-12-2017, 01:45 PM
Why I think Knights lost the faction war

Because they realized that Faction wars was only implemented for pre release hype building and content releasing calendar purposes, but brings nothing substancial to the game actually (and hurts the UX more than anything else), so they stoped giving a **** about it and just played their games while coping with badly designed menus ?
Am i right ?

ViciousOphidian
04-12-2017, 01:50 PM
Look at it this way... Even if you can't win this season, you literally get to decide who does. I just logged in to see how Samurai have like 6 zones after the final battle. Knights just deployed everything against Samurai both reducing our territories AND giving their own zones to the Vikings for free.
May you find consolation in this.

Jobsalot
04-12-2017, 02:07 PM
Why I think Knights lost the faction war

Because they realized that Faction wars was only implemented for pre release hype building and content releasing calendar purposes, but brings nothing substacial to the game actually (and hurts the UX more than anything else), so they stoped giving a **** about it and just played their games while coping with badly designed menus ?
Am i right ?

At least that's for me. I don't even feel mad about the faction war's outcomes. It is simply a very boring and obsolete meta game with many many flaws and rewards that by no means match the efforts, regardless of placement by the end of a round. I mean, congratulations to whomever wins and has lots of fun with that, I guess. Enjoy your, uh, 3 crates? I just go about and play the game modes I wanna play with no regard on whether I optimize my war assets or where to tactically spend them. It just ain't worth it.

Maybe once the biggest issues with connectivity and hero balancing are finished they can and will focus on improving this metagame. Until then its just a placeholder.

Prophit618
04-12-2017, 02:18 PM
I'm pretty sure the answer is obvious why the Knights lost/have lower numbers than the other factions. Vikings were guaranteed to be the most populous out the gate, because Vikings are culturally more popular than anything of the other factions. Thanks to weebs and anime, Samurai fall in second. Knights just aren't nearly as interesting or cool to most people as Samurai or Vikings, so less people joined the faction. Just look at S1 results. Vikings had the most players by a significant margin. Then Samurai, then a good ways below them were the Knights. With the S2 crushing the Samurai delivered, a lot of fair-weather friends left Vikings for Samurai (and probably some Knights too), slimming down the gap, but those original numbers show that, before playing any characters outside of beta (where Lawbringer didn't exist yet), that Knights are simply unpopular.

I joined Knight when I first started playing, because I knew immediately upon seeing the model that Peacekeeper was going to be my jam. But literally every one of my friends can't comprehend why, when choice of toons to use make no difference, I would go with the "most boring" faction. Hence I ended up switching to Samurai, to be on the same faction as my friends.

You can blame Lawbringer, but as Gray said above, PK popularity should cancel that out. And honestly, I can't remember the last time I played a match that didn't have at least 3 lawbringers in it between both sides. In non-tournament play, Lawbringer sure isn't unpopular, even if it is the second worst class. And don't forget that most people picked a faction before they ever play a single match, and there are penalties for switching after Round 1, but no restrictions on who to play. I cannot imagine LB brought down the Knight Faction.

RatedChaotic
04-12-2017, 04:16 PM
If you switch faction before the end of the season you wont get any rewards at all. And by end of the season I mean after the winners have their rewards.

Had a friend switch at the end of round 2 or 3. He got the knight 1 crate reward and he got the the Samurai reward aswell after switching. Not sure if he was full of sh*t or it was a bug. I dont know. Something seemed fishy about it.

RighteousHooo
04-12-2017, 06:38 PM
The factions should never been chosen by players it should have been auto selected for each player and the factions should have been kept equal. The only way it could be balanced, it's a broken mess as it is.

redxman01
04-12-2017, 06:47 PM
I know I think it's just what is popular and some to most people don't want to fight for a faction with a disappointing character. Maybe that will change with the new patch, but I don't know.

secrecy274
04-12-2017, 06:49 PM
I doubt Lawbringer has anything to do with the Knights loss.

I main Lawbringer, yet are a Viking, and I'm actually thinking of switching to the Knight Faction at the end of this session, just because of him. I simple choose Viking because I'm scandinavian. Yes, it really is as simple as that.

The_B0G_
04-12-2017, 07:31 PM

Yes I'm aware, I meant switch after I see what people get for rewards after the first season, if its just some ornaments I don't think I'll bother switching.

FootlessRhino
04-12-2017, 08:13 PM
I think that Samurai faction dominates in US since they are prone to romanticize Japanese culture, I noticed that Samurai expansion is strongest during US peak hours. not sure which countries prioritize knights, would think Central Europe but not sure if that's the case. I believe it's true however that knights are the least popular because they don't seem as 'cool' as samurais and vikings. I picked vikings myself since their culture is the closest one to my countries pagan ancestors although we're not Scandinavian. All in all when the round ends, the faction who is in it's peak hours at that time wins most of the time and nothing really matters until the last day of the round.

AKDagriZ
04-12-2017, 11:35 PM
i am a knight also disapoint about our lost every round .Maybe we should focus more on defense once we have reach acceptable amount of territory

Reign
04-12-2017, 11:45 PM
I'm a Knight and just never deploy assets manually, I got the one character I was interested in to Rep 3 and geared so crates are all but useless. Not to mention you get them from events, the faction war is a pointless endeavor which is only good for epeen bragging rights. Oh and ornaments and gosh maybe I should start deploying assets because we all know since the game is in tip top shape they don't have time to patch in new ones. So new ornaments would be just what I need at the moment. /s

AKDagriZ
04-13-2017, 01:53 AM
I'm a Knight and just never deploy assets manually, I got the one character I was interested in to Rep 3 and geared so crates are all but useless. Not to mention you get them from events, the faction war is a pointless endeavor which is only good for epeen bragging rights. Oh and ornaments and gosh maybe I should start deploying assets because we all know since the game is in tip top shape they don't have time to patch in new ones. So new ornaments would be just what I need at the moment. /s

it funny i feel the samei have 115 000 in salvage for my main and 7 crate . i have no use for all this **** . yea maybe a new ornament would do it

Felis_Menari
04-13-2017, 07:05 AM

I doubt it it would go down like this, but it would be cool if what I assume would be a tie-breaker lightning round (2 day duration, perhaps?) would involve all factions, and not just the Viking and samurai. If the knights somehow took the lightning round too, then another would follow, with the winners coming out as the season victors.

UrWaifuAintReal
04-13-2017, 12:08 PM
I noticed Knights went full tilt and stopped giving a **** about the faction war after the 2nd round when the weebs won it all at the last minute after having being dominated for most of the round.

The faction war is heavily flawed and needed to be redesigned.

Gray360UK
04-13-2017, 12:18 PM
I stopped caring about the Faction War a long time ago. Yes I am a Knight, yes we have lost every round since the game launched, yes that is demoralizing. The simple cold hard truth is, I have probably played more than a large % of the playerbase, and therefore deployed a hell of a lot of War Assets, always to the territories that needed them the most. What difference has this contribution of mine made to the success of the Knights in the Faction War? Absolutely none.

SangLong524
04-13-2017, 03:53 PM
I stopped caring about the Faction War a long time ago. Yes I am a Knight, yes we have lost every round since the game launched, yes that is demoralizing. The simple cold hard truth is, I have probably played more than a large % of the playerbase, and therefore deployed a hell of a lot of War Assets, always to the territories that needed them the most. What difference has this contribution of mine made to the success of the Knights in the Faction War? Absolutely none.
If player base includes only you, i suppose all your asset deployment will make a huge change. But if others turn out to be slackers, then u must make up for their slacking aka, doing their share for them. Thus hurt the whole faction because even if there's only you doing all the work, the player base haven't changed at all. The more members your faction has, the less your efforts worth, the more coordination is needed. It's a very tough job given there is no real faction gathering around, lack of communication and we are all too involved in whining.
That is why i hope no turncoats from round 1 coming back to Samurai. It muddles our collective effort.

RatedChaotic
04-13-2017, 04:54 PM
Its pretty clear to me that the Faction War is flawed. 5 rounds 3 factions not a single win from one of the factions. I guess if the Knights win the 5th. I'll stfu. lol.

It dont really bother me a whole lot tho. I look at the faction war the same as the mini games in AC. Fun to mess around with from time to time.

Anubisrus12
04-13-2017, 05:06 PM
Please help me to understand something:

If I am playing Dominion and dominion is on Viking/Samurai territory and not connected to Knights territory at all, I cannot manually deploy assets.
So, those assets that I acquired are lost?
Should I play only game modes that are on Knights territory?

Please help a noob.

Gray360UK
04-13-2017, 05:14 PM

If I am playing Dominion and dominion is on Viking/Samurai territory and not connected to Knights territory at all, I cannot manually deploy assets.

Please help a noob.

You can zoom out on the deploy screen and then zoom back in on any game mode you choose, so even if fighting in Dominion, you can zoon out, pick Duel / Brawl, zoom in, and deploy your War Assets into a territory there. You do not have to fight in the area that you want to deploy in. Hope that helps :)

RatedChaotic
04-13-2017, 05:23 PM

Please help a noob.

If you do not place them manually they are not lost but are spread out. See Greys comment for more details.

Anubisrus12
04-13-2017, 05:45 PM
You can zoom out on the deploy screen and then zoom back in on any game mode you choose, so even if fighting in Dominion, you can zoon out, pick Duel / Brawl, zoom in, and deploy your War Assets into a territory there. You do not have to fight in the area that you want to deploy in. Hope that helps :)

Thank you - I will try this today.

SangLong524
04-13-2017, 05:48 PM

Please help a noob.

There's one more important detail, your asset will worth more by 20% if u place it in your fighting zone. Of course, u can place it in other zones like Duel/brawl while u are playing Dominion, but that deployment will not enjoy 20% bonus.

teksuo1
04-13-2017, 05:58 PM
i switched to vikings ; the memes were great but no good enough.

all my knights are 108 though ; so i don't feel bad about deserting ; did my duty. :cool:

AkenoKobayashi
04-15-2017, 01:01 AM
Not like the winner's rewards will be amazing. Probably an emblem border and an ornament that will look like it's worth less than the Pit Viper ones. Maybe letting us pick one set of 108 armor for one of our main characters would make up for it.

UbiJurassic
04-15-2017, 01:33 AM
I like to think my Knights are hard at work making memes and that's why we keep losing.

https://media2.giphy.com/media/eoxomXXVL2S0E/giphy.gif

CaptainPwnet
04-15-2017, 02:00 AM
Knights too busy helping the vikings by blindly drowning out the samurai while the vikings destroy them.

Gray360UK
04-15-2017, 02:11 AM
I like to think my Knights are hard at work making memes and that's why we keep losing.

https://media2.giphy.com/media/eoxomXXVL2S0E/giphy.gif

... and posting Gifs, don't forget the Gifs!

https://media.giphy.com/media/wPbrr9AsOSxt6/giphy.gif

UbiJurassic
04-15-2017, 02:56 AM
... and posting Gifs, don't forget the Gifs!

https://media.giphy.com/media/wPbrr9AsOSxt6/giphy.gif

I'm never one to forget the gifs. ;)