PDA

View Full Version : Faction war is ******ED and seriously questions the dev's sanity --'

Trenk2009
04-12-2017, 01:18 AM
Simply imagine a world where, in football, only the last goal count for the win ... Like, you're watching a match and the red team is leading 6 to 0. Then the blue team goals so the score is 6-1 and the match ends. Blue teams wins.

That's actually how obviously ******ed the faction war is. A faction can literally dominate for 13 days but still loose during the 14th one. And then, the score screen as absolutely no shame showing that the 3rd ranked faction has the actual most ressources deployed --' This is ridiculous ...

Fix this obvious ****.

P.S: Oh yeah, and before somebody told me: I'm fully aware that, in a realistic war scenario, a faction can win the war by deploying more resources than the opponent at the last moment. But we aren't in real life, we are in a video game, and all this does here is actually ****ting on players investing their time playing every day, and rewarding players that only comes for the last moment.

Tyler-Durdin
04-12-2017, 01:26 AM
Sweet tears of the samurai faction.

CaptainPwnet
04-12-2017, 01:26 AM
Its pretty plain to see at the end of every round how silly the faction war is. Samurai had most assets deployed and yet it matters not at all as Samurai take last place since Knights and Vikings obviously just focused on drowning the samurai out in the last couple turns.

Not to mention EVERYONE got samurai's first palce reward in addition to their own rewards if they happened to get them last round. So how bout we see the same thing this time around in the interest of fairness since the faction war is complete bs anyways?

Don't really care as the crate rewards are pretty meh if you've been playing this long already but still it really shows UBI doesn't have much care or even knowledge that their faction war is just silly and completely pointless and unbalanced at this point. Samurai didn't even get their own reward for their second win lol.

At this point tbh if the reward at the end of the season is anything significant they might as well just give it to every faction this time around. Then come back next season with something hopefully less pointless and unbalanced.

Helnekromancer
04-12-2017, 01:33 AM
Haha complained about this in a much lighter tone. But the Faction War is not really a war but a small skirmish since the last hours actually count. In UBI's mind "You have won the war but not the battle". Why come to work for 14 days straight when the 15th only counts in your paycheck so if you don't bring your A game on the 15th you are not getting paid?

Mia.Nora
04-12-2017, 02:06 AM
Game feels like there were no thinkers among developers, and all of them were feelers who would get excited over an idea and go to an extremism with it to spoil it. I see it at every part.

Faction Wars is prime example: Someone thought it would be cool to turn the tide even when losing. They put it to such an extreme now the first 13 days of faction war is totally pointless.

Environmental Hazards: Someone thought it would be nice to use environment like in MKX or Injustice. Now imagine if in MKX or Injustice environmental OHKO your opponent. Current way is as stupid right now. To top it off they made some maps in a way that, no matter what this fight will always end with an environmental kill after first GB or even sometimes CGB.

Old state of revenge was another example of same mentality.

They obviously have some nice ideas, but come extremely short at implementation.

Manlorey
04-12-2017, 11:34 AM
Its pretty plain to see at the end of every round how silly the faction war is. Samurai had most assets deployed and yet it matters not at all as Samurai take last place since Knights and Vikings obviously just focused on drowning the samurai out in the last couple turns.
You could have seen how all the viking players complained 2 round because they had more assets deployed than the samurai and the samurai won, now you dont see them complaining anymore, so I guess now the system works fine for their tastes.

Not to mention EVERYONE got samurai's first palce reward in addition to their own rewards if they happened to get them last round. So how bout we see the same thing this time around in the interest of fairness since the faction war is complete bs anyways?
Now that is a joke in itself, vikings getting their winning reward normally, while the samurai got cheated out of their share. The hasty made event which actually gave 3 crates to everybody is not a compensation for it, people were putting much effort into this and got nothing out of it, leaves a terrible impression for all the "faction war".

Draghmar
04-12-2017, 11:49 AM
Imagine how funny it would be if the last round was made the same way those sub rounds are - who wins last round wins whole season. :D Yeah, that's stupid but the whole FW is stupidly designed. Sorry UBI but it smells like rushed from a mile.

scrubbyjimbob
04-12-2017, 12:44 PM
The same thing happened to the Vikings at the end of round 2. Vikings had more war assets but the Sams had more territory. At least you guys didn't loose territories for winning like the Vikings apparently did this time around. Magically went from 30 territories down to 22 from the end of round 4 to the start of round 5. The knights/vikings had them boxed down to 10 spaces until the sams suddenly got 8 free spots from the vikings.

Manlorey
04-12-2017, 01:12 PM
At least you guys didn't loose territories for winning like the Vikings apparently did this time around. Magically went from 30 territories down to 22.
As if it matters in the slightest. Nothing matters apart from hoping your faction gets a boost in the end round and that the end round falls on the right time with the most player activity for your faction.

All that 14 days of deploying something somewhere is just time spend for nonsense. The amount of war assets doesnt matter in the least.

DrExtrem
04-12-2017, 02:06 PM
Imagine how funny it would be if the last round was made the same way those sub rounds are - who wins last round wins whole season. :D Yeah, that's stupid but the whole FW is stupidly designed. Sorry UBI but it smells like rushed from a mile.

Imagine the epic amounts of salt, if the knights would win the last round AND the season.

Jobsalot
04-12-2017, 02:26 PM
Imagine the epic amounts of salt, if the knights would win the last round AND the season.

If that happens I voluntarily switch from the knight faction to any other faction out of shame :D :D

Draghmar
04-12-2017, 02:29 PM
Lol....that would be awesome (or maybe better world - hilarious)...even though I'm Samurai. ;)

DrExtrem
04-12-2017, 02:34 PM
One thing is sure.

If it would happen, the forum would be flooded with tears of laughter and despair.

Dude_of_Valor
04-12-2017, 02:45 PM
Well lets see. I have been controlling an empire for 13 days and then on the last day the enemies army turns up and destroys all I have gained.

Yep this sounds like how a war might happen. The point is you can dominate territories and deploy the most war assets, but the game has a cut off period and that final day is when the real tug of war begins. Just treat everything until the last day as skirmishes.

As for deploying more assets, it also depends on where these assets have been deployed. If players from factions continue to pump assets into one territory, yes they win that territory but may still loose elsewhere.

What the faction war is lacking is co-ordination from each faction. Only now will we see something fun because the Knights will have a big say in who wins this war.

Draghmar
04-12-2017, 02:52 PM
But this is not war...is just a game. There are a lot more things in real world that could happen...like scouts for example. So bringing real world into discussion about game is...wrong. :P

There won't be coordination. Ever. There are too many people that contributes to the FW to make it organized in any way. UBI would have to rebuild whole FW to make it better.

I'm asking myself at the moment what do they do to prevent people from changing faction to the one that's gonna win. Because it will happen. And other two will left with only those who don't care or have some sense of honor (even if it is just virtual one).

Sov3R3ignN
04-12-2017, 02:52 PM
Wow, Samurai crying, not acceptable after they where given a free win the round before. Even Samurai said "You are a Raider, LEGENDARY!" They you all the time Vikings is not a force to recon with.

Sanguinius42
04-12-2017, 03:06 PM
I don't believe in war Assets prevailing since I saw my samouraļ mates spending them in attacks, winning isolated territories as no assets were spent in defence, or were outrunned by Knight or Vikings attacking assets. isolated means "territorie won in vain, thanks for playing try again". Could be nice to see faction attacking assets and defensive ones, to figure out if the Faction managed correctly or not. For the moment I know only my own actions and I defend with 2/3rd of my assets, to attack wisely.

Even if the management of the Faction War could change, it will not occur before the end of a session.

Dude_of_Valor
04-12-2017, 03:35 PM
But this is not war...is just a game. There are a lot more things in real world that could happen...like scouts for example. So bringing real world into discussion about game is...wrong. :P

There won't be coordination. Ever. There are too many people that contributes to the FW to make it organized in any way. UBI would have to rebuild whole FW to make it better.

I'm asking myself at the moment what do they do to prevent people from changing faction to the one that's gonna win. Because it will happen. And other two will left with only those who don't care or have some sense of honor (even if it is just virtual one).

At the moment if you change faction during the season, you will unlikely to receive any rewards . This was stated at the beginning of choosing your faction.

As for co-ordination yes it is difficult but there are ways around it. No I am not the person who has grand ideas, however I am sure there are those out there that do and are no doubt looking into how it can become better. However one way of boosting a faction is that you get more War Assets if you use a character aligned with your faction could help.

Maybe even have orders that give out more faction assets if you use a certain class, or kill a certain number of enemy on a specific game mode.

Pope138
04-12-2017, 03:35 PM
Simply imagine a world where, in football, only the last goal count for the win ... Like, you're watching a match and the red team is leading 6 to 0. Then the blue team goals so the score is 6-1 and the match ends. Blue teams wins.

That's actually how obviously ******ed the faction war is. A faction can literally dominate for 13 days but still loose during the 14th one. And then, the score screen as absolutely no shame showing that the 3rd ranked faction has the actual most ressources deployed --' This is ridiculous ...

Fix this obvious ****.

P.S: Oh yeah, and before somebody told me: I'm fully aware that, in a realistic war scenario, a faction can win the war by deploying more resources than the opponent at the last moment. But we aren't in real life, we are in a video game, and all this does here is actually ****ting on players investing their time playing every day, and rewarding players that only comes for the last moment.

So it's ok to compare FW to a football game, but not ok to compare it to an actual war?
...mokay...

Prophit618
04-12-2017, 03:52 PM
So it's ok to compare FW to a football game, but not ok to compare it to an actual war?
...mokay...

Faction War has more in common with a football game than it does a real war. Just like the combat in the game has more in common with Tekken than it does with actual combat.

The fact of the matter is that Faction War is designed as a game, not as a war. It is meant as a tool to keep people invested in it and therefor playing the game, not to be an accurate representation of real warfare. In that attempt, it utterly fails because of this "last day only matters" design.

If you want realism, Vikings should be unable to hold territories outside of their own, since they're about raiding, and not conquering. But it's not about realism, it's about balance and an immersive, fun, experience. Which Faction War is...one day out of every 2 weeks.

And yes, I am Samurai, but I've been complaining about the way Faction War is set up every round since the first, whether Samurai won or not. This isn't about winning or losing, it's about making the Faction War something worthwhile that actually enhances the game experience on a more permanent level.

corazondedelfin
04-12-2017, 03:54 PM
Of course it is fcked up, and we all know it. Did you really have doubts about that man???

The whole game is madness, disconnections, unbalance, cheese and stuff... Faction War wasnt going to be any different, was it.

ShadowFetus
04-12-2017, 04:16 PM
Now that is a joke in itself, vikings getting their winning reward normally, while the samurai got cheated out of their share. The hasty made event which actually gave 3 crates to everybody is not a compensation for it, people were putting much effort into this and got nothing out of it, leaves a terrible impression for all the "faction war".

This is the biggest hold-up for me. Basically everyone "won" last round, and the actual winners of the round got pretty screwed by that.

Seems to be just swept under the rug now that an entire round has gone and passed, which is frustrating.

But what is new lol ohhhhh Ubi

FightingFerrets
04-12-2017, 06:21 PM
This isn't in defence of Faction War because it is a great idea gone screwy, but in terms of round rewards...big deal. If you've been playing from the start you'll know that a scavenger crate is actually a pretty useless reward, even three of them. Most players main one or two characters and if you've been going from the start you probably already have them repped out in heroic gear. I have a WL to 108 and a PK to 98, a crate gives me salvage sure but so do game play sessions. I'm not crying over a crate or two.

What about a beginning player. Well if hindsight has shown anything save your crates that you did manage to get for when you hit rep 3. Wasting them on anything less gets you crap level gear that you're going to break down anyway. I geared up my PK with post game loot until rep 3 then I used the 8 crates I'd managed to hoard over the length of leveling her to get her set up with heroic gear for each defensive and weapon slot.

Where this will really get messy is if the end of season reward is substantial. Steel rewards would be worth bit@hing over. As long as it's just crates or cosmetic stuff I could care less. (My passive attitude may be because I'm a knight and we aren't getting squat regardless!! :) )