PDA

View Full Version : How does Faction War really work?

Helnekromancer
04-12-2017, 12:43 AM
So at the end of Round, we Samurai still had more War Assets distributed out of the 3 Factions but the Vikings had the most land putting us in 3rd behind the Knights. So is this Faction War based on who has the most property at the end? If so what's the point in having it last 15 days if only the last 5-10 hours count? I'm not butt hurt that we lost just need some clearing up so I know ahead of time of what actually matters so I wont get a false sense of security of "Oh we've been doing well all this week, this is looking very well in our favor"

Gray360UK
04-12-2017, 01:12 AM
Only the final few turns matter, and even then only what territories you hold, not total War Assets deployed. You can over-attack and over-defend, wasting assets in territories that don't need more deployed into them in order to secure that bit of land. Theoretically you could deploy double the War Assets of the other 2 factions, but if you poured all of the extra into just 1 territory it would do you no good at all.

Vordred
04-12-2017, 01:15 AM
yeah the whole thing is poorly designed, it's just a arbitrary way to have faction vs faction. as there is no game mode for it.

Helnekromancer
04-12-2017, 01:21 AM
Only the final few turns matter, and even then only what territories you hold, not total War Assets deployed. You can over-attack and over-defend, wasting assets in territories that don't need more deployed into them in order to secure that bit of land. Theoretically you could deploy double the War Assets of the other 2 factions, but if you poured all of the extra into just 1 territory it would do you no good at all.

Oh okay I think I understand more clearly but then that just sounds like players just get on to check the number of days and go back to doing something else maybe do a 1500 exp order or 2 for their main and hop back off and truly go ham on the last day.