PDA

View Full Version : Patch- we need more aircraft!!!!

darkhorizon11
05-20-2004, 06:17 PM
Haha just kidding I wanted to get your attention. Actually I was looking for more advice on some FB/AEP things...

This one has been posted before I got AEP but I couldn't find a thread on it...

1) How do you set up the Mistel in FMB? I know it can't takeoff land or attack but how do you set up the objects view to get it to work?

2) How come theres doubles of some maps in FMB? Specifically the Normandy maps? At first I though they were summer and winter maps but theres no difference?

3)What are some options for movie making programs besides FRAPS?

4) What do you guys think of the performance model of the Go229? I think its pretty accurate, given it only flew three or four times with little record. My only constructional critism that it seems to accelerate a little slow. Given German jet engines weren't capable of quick throttle movement, but its seems to have slower acceleration than the 262 despite the better aerodynamics of the Gotha? What do you guys think?

darkhorizon11
05-20-2004, 06:17 PM
Haha just kidding I wanted to get your attention. Actually I was looking for more advice on some FB/AEP things...

This one has been posted before I got AEP but I couldn't find a thread on it...

1) How do you set up the Mistel in FMB? I know it can't takeoff land or attack but how do you set up the objects view to get it to work?

2) How come theres doubles of some maps in FMB? Specifically the Normandy maps? At first I though they were summer and winter maps but theres no difference?

3)What are some options for movie making programs besides FRAPS?

4) What do you guys think of the performance model of the Go229? I think its pretty accurate, given it only flew three or four times with little record. My only constructional critism that it seems to accelerate a little slow. Given German jet engines weren't capable of quick throttle movement, but its seems to have slower acceleration than the 262 despite the better aerodynamics of the Gotha? What do you guys think?

Maj_Death
05-20-2004, 07:06 PM
1) To set up a mistel flight or SPB flight for that matter, set the fighter's target to the mistel or vice versa. Which waypoint you use as the place where it is set doesn't matter. Glider tugs work the same way also. One key thing to remember though is you can only have 1 fighter and 1 mistel in each flight. So if you want for mistel bombers, you must create 4 seperate flights of both Fw-190A8 (mistel) and Mistel bombs. You can download an example mission at my coop page listed in my sig.

2) The doubles not only change season, some change the number and location of airbases. In the case of the Normandy maps, one is pre invasion, 1 is pre invasion with ficticious british island base and 1 is post invasion.

3) I don't make movies

4) I know nothing about the Go-229 except that it never flew a single mission and both prototypes crashed early on in testing. The flight model is nothing more than a best guess.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maj_Death here, Stab.I/JG1Death at HL

I build COOPs and DF maps. If you would like some of them you can get them atmy COOP page (http://www14.brinkster.com/triggerhappy770/default.htm)

I/JG1 Oesau is recruiting axis pilots who prefer to fly maximum realism. We accept both veterans and rookies. We fly in VEF2, VOW and may join other online wars in the future. Go to our forums at http://www.jg1-oesau.org/ for more details and to apply.
http://www.bestanimations.com/Humans/Skulls/Skull-06.gif

IHI.OuTcAsT
05-20-2004, 07:07 PM
1)Look at the readme.rtf in your IL2 Directory.

darkhorizon11
05-20-2004, 09:17 PM
Thank you major! I know I had a lot of questions there!!! Anyone else have any insight they would like to share???