PDA

View Full Version : Let us see who we are up against.

IesooMI
04-11-2017, 03:53 PM
I think one major flaw in for honor (amongst the others) is that you can't see what fighter your opponent(s) are picking. Pretty much every major fighting game allows you to see your matchup. This would solve a lot of balancing issues imo. As a long time fighting game player it's always been routine to have a main and a pocket main or 2 because of bad matchups. Not every matchup is a 5-5, we all know there's 7-3 and 8-2. Also it would be nice for trying out new heros knowing what your up against. Thoughts?

Hillbill79
04-11-2017, 04:00 PM
Fight bots in 4v4's if using new guys, get them to at least rep 1 with blue gear before going pvp.

Matchmaking works by picking players, but not on what guys they choose, which sucks

Rikuto01.tv
04-11-2017, 07:07 PM
Other fighting games are actually extremely flawed BECAUSE they allow you to see who your opponent is picking. That simply results in a game of character select counter-matchup and in tournament environments can devolve into both players having to do a blind pick with a ref involved.

FH gets around this issue completely, so your suggestion would make the game worse.

RenfieldX
04-11-2017, 09:41 PM
I'm a bit torn on this issue. I'm okay with picking my character without knowing what the opposing team is picking, but I'd love to be able to choose my loadout after knowing what the opposing team looks like. If I'm going to be fighting 3 PK's and a Nobushi, I'd love to be able to swap out for a build with debuff resistance.