PDA

View Full Version : Kensei's superior block on front dashes

Kitsune..
04-11-2017, 12:20 PM
Since the 1.05 update Kensei's superior block timings have changed. I have to dash in later to get my opponent's attack blocked while i'm doing Grasping Pounce and new timer for Helm Splitter is even more strict. Thus I can consistently block heavy attacks, but blocking fast light attacks with superior block is just impossible now. I would have rather thought that it's just me being handless, but I see really good players having the same issue with this ability.
I would really like to know is this change an intended one and things are going to stay this way, or our superior block is bugged somehow and will be fixed.

Kitsune..
04-11-2017, 08:06 PM
Kinda hoping to get an aswer... :rolleyes:

Alchemist..
04-12-2017, 02:29 AM
Since the 1.05 update Kensei's superior block timings have changed. I have to dash in later to get my opponent's attack blocked while i'm doing Grasping Pounce and new timer for Helm Splitter is even more strict. Thus I can consistently block heavy attacks, but blocking fast light attacks with superior block is just impossible now. I would have rather thought that it's just me being handless, but I see really good players having the same issue with this ability.
I would really like to know is this change an intended one and things are going to stay this way, or our superior block is bugged somehow and will be fixed.
Kensei
-Superior Block timings on dodge forward, left, right now ends 500ms into the Dodge (from 1000ms)
-Regular defense on dodge forward, left and right added on last 500ms.
-Superior Block replaced by regular defense on back dodge.
Developer comments:
Kensei’s Superior Block on Dodge was too safe as it was available during the entire duration of the Dodge, and in all dodge directions. Reducing Superior Block timings on Dodge forward, left and right makes this more challenging in terms of timing and makes the move more coherent in terms of momentum as you can Superior Block only in the early portion of your Dodge. Getting rid of Superior Block on back dodge follows the same logic of risk management. Back dodge is already pretty safe so having Superior Block on top of it felt too safe. Note that Kensei still has regular defense on Dodges when Superior Block isn’t available.

Kitsune..
04-12-2017, 04:28 AM
Kensei
-Superior Block timings on dodge forward, left, right now ends 500ms into the Dodge (from 1000ms)
-Regular defense on dodge forward, left and right added on last 500ms.
-Superior Block replaced by regular defense on back dodge.
Developer comments:
Kensei’s Superior Block on Dodge was too safe as it was available during the entire duration of the Dodge, and in all dodge directions. Reducing Superior Block timings on Dodge forward, left and right makes this more challenging in terms of timing and makes the move more coherent in terms of momentum as you can Superior Block only in the early portion of your Dodge. Getting rid of Superior Block on back dodge follows the same logic of risk management. Back dodge is already pretty safe so having Superior Block on top of it felt too safe. Note that Kensei still has regular defense on Dodges when Superior Block isn’t available.
Oh wow, how did I even miss this one? Thanks a lot, it clarifies everything now.

Meeh, it was such a neat way to punish light spam :(

N_Vader
04-12-2017, 07:43 PM
The reason for this is the upcoming buff to to swift strike and helm splitter,

"Helm Splitter

Helm Splitter can now chains directly into the Chain Finisher (rather than the 2nd hit in the chain).

Swift Strike

Swift Strike can now chains directly into the Chain Finisher (rather than the 2nd hit in the chain). "

I think they were worried it would be too OP with the current timing.