PDA

View Full Version : Dead Pilot Animation?

XyZspineZyX
11-11-2003, 02:46 AM
A nice touch in FB and original IL2 was the slumped over bodies in the stuka and He111 of injured /unconscous/dead/ asleep /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif pilots.

I also noticed an attempt to add this to some FW and 109 planes.

I assumed ultimately the programmers and Oleg would eventually incorporate it to all pilots.

Well it`s not in 1.2b. It would be great to add to all pilot models and would add immensely to talented movie makers of FB who wanted to show a little more of the grimness of war in their movies...

I`m not complaining, just mentioning it cos it always seemed to me something that was halfway to being completed. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

"Tis better to work towards an Impossible Good, rather than a Possible Evil."

SeaFireLIV.
(Spitfire & Escape Whiner Member).

XyZspineZyX
11-11-2003, 02:46 AM
A nice touch in FB and original IL2 was the slumped over bodies in the stuka and He111 of injured /unconscous/dead/ asleep /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif pilots.

I also noticed an attempt to add this to some FW and 109 planes.

I assumed ultimately the programmers and Oleg would eventually incorporate it to all pilots.

Well it`s not in 1.2b. It would be great to add to all pilot models and would add immensely to talented movie makers of FB who wanted to show a little more of the grimness of war in their movies...

I`m not complaining, just mentioning it cos it always seemed to me something that was halfway to being completed. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

SeaFireLIV.

XyZspineZyX
11-11-2003, 05:11 AM
Hello SeaFire,

Yeah I noticed this today. I was just trying to figure out a good gun convergence setting for myself when I noticed it. I had the "Arcade" mode on so I could check my aim and what not. Well in one pass I managed to get a headshot on somebody in the cockpit of a Me-323. So I paused the game and checked out the plane,and both pilot's looked like they were both alive and well. No slumped over pilot's. I alway's it was a neat feature and I'd like to see it again for all pilot's and visable human's. =S=

Semper Fi!! Carry On!! /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Squirral aka Wolf_Fangs

<marquee>Wolf Pak Squadron</marquee>

<center>http://www.sanfords.net/DarK_Wolfs_free_demonic_graphics/wolf15.gif </center>

<center>The King Is Coming! Do You Feel The Fear?</center>

XyZspineZyX
11-11-2003, 06:50 AM
BUMP for the pilot SLUMP!

XyZspineZyX
11-11-2003, 12:31 PM
Yes a nice little detail but I wouldn't enjoy it much as I don't use externals a lot - just as long as it's not the twin-head-dead-pilot... /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

S!

M0NS (authorized P39 pyrotechnician)

"Blow up the outside world"

http://www.flugwerk.de/images/01k.jpg
My garage!

XyZspineZyX
11-11-2003, 02:26 PM
Charlie901 wrote:
- BUMP for the pilot SLUMP!

Yes, I agree. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Boosher-PBNA
----------------
<center>It's your fault... <center>
Boosher-ProudBirds-VFW
http://www.uploadit.org/files/220903-Boosher%20Sig.jpg

XyZspineZyX
11-11-2003, 02:43 PM
It would be great flying escourt to wounded B17s and fly real close to one to check the gunner state of the plane.

Seeing the top gunner slumped and maybe the copilot out as you fly by.

It would create that feeling of "Hope those brave lads aren`t dead. Hope they make it back".

Yep. Immersiveness. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

SeaFireLIV.

XyZspineZyX
11-11-2003, 03:04 PM
Bump...bump...bump...

XyZspineZyX
11-11-2003, 07:30 PM
I posted reply in a thread about this recently. Sorry, but must repeat myself:
1. In FB there are also pilots which, when they get killed they go slumped over.
2. Although from beta testers' screenshots (before release of FB) you could see it in P-47D-27 and Morane Saulnier some, it was not implemented in released game.
3. There is a bug: in some fighters, dead pilots have two heads! One on their shoulders of the slumped over body, and the other one levitating in the air at the place where the alive pilot's head was (may be wrong, but the levitating head is with pilot skin, ie with face that was on a skin you selected for that pilot).

Now we have many details in the game that make it violent (not to say war-realistic), so it would be a nice detail to enable thing like this for all pilots, AI and players.
If I recall correctly, this detail is no more functional for F4. Also, I think blood on the canopy was also removed. Back, when F4 was added this was considered extra. Now, unfortunately, it seems unwanted.

Slumped over bodies and blood on canopy is at least grim as completely black screen when you get killed.

For my personal taste, parachuters being shot to death by artillery in every single case is by far grimmer than this.

XyZspineZyX
11-11-2003, 07:40 PM
agree with the parachuties /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif
a option for more gorey goodness would be nice /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif
remmber the blood patch for carmagendon?/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

whineingu /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
11-12-2003, 01:26 PM
Point is the mechanics are already there, it just needs implementing into the other aircraft.

I wonder why they stopped at the He111 and the stukas? /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

SeaFireLIV.

XyZspineZyX
11-13-2003, 01:55 PM
last bump!

SeaFireLIV.