PDA

View Full Version : Shugoki Headbutt and Ledges

Gaso1ine
04-10-2017, 09:41 PM
Why doesn't Shugoki's Headbutt knock people off ledges or into spikes?

Ontari
04-10-2017, 09:42 PM
Are you sure it isn't? Maybe you miscalculated the distance?

Gaso1ine
04-10-2017, 09:49 PM
It usually just causes a stumble right up to the ledge. It doesn't behave the way Conq Shield Bash, Warden Shoulder, or Warlord Headbutt does.

In short, Shugoki headbutt will often bring people to the edge but they'll stay on, despite the distance. Same behavior with spikes - it won't kill unless they're touching the spikes and then it's usually the pre-headbutt attack which pushes them in, not the headbutt itself.

secrecy274
04-10-2017, 11:55 PM
And thank the Devs it doesn't. He's cheesy enough already.

UbiJurassic
04-11-2017, 12:22 AM
Has anyone else been unable to headbutt people off ledges with Shugo?

Dizzy4213
04-11-2017, 01:41 AM

Been awhile since I played Shugoki but this happens all the time. Even when you're right near the ledge, the opponent fails to fall off the ledge. The same goes for spikes, fire, and other environmental hazards. It's like your opponent hits some sort of invisible barrier. There was one time where I thought I had headbutt someone of the ledge but it turned out to be the knockback from my light attack.

Ontari
04-11-2017, 02:27 PM
Ok, so yesterday evening was a Fat Boi evening.

And.... yeah, his headbutt tend not to throw people off the ledges/on environemntals.

A bug?

Gaso1ine
04-13-2017, 07:06 PM

This has been around since one of the alphas. I initially wondered if it was intentional, but now I'm starting to think it might just be a bug.

RenfieldX
04-13-2017, 07:28 PM
I'm not sure about ledges, but I'm pretty sure that I headbutted someone onto spikes the other day.

Devils-_-legacy
04-13-2017, 09:52 PM
Tested it out didnt work on spikes or ledge they wobble lol

Rikuto01.tv
04-13-2017, 10:04 PM
You guys are asking for a borderline OP character to be given a long range ringout that would be guaranteed after any light attack.

Are you guys for real?

iiLjiltlILI.iIt
04-13-2017, 10:23 PM
You guys are asking for a borderline OP character to be given a long range ringout that would be guaranteed after any light attack.

Are you guys for real?

It still wouldn't compare to Valkyries ability to know you off.

Knight.Bishop
04-13-2017, 10:41 PM
Shugoki main here.

I actually thought this was intentional. Headbutt does not make use of environmentals in any situation. You can't headbutt off ledges or into spikes, as the OP suggests.

This happened to Petemoo in one of the most recent tournament matches, he headbutt LegionUnchained into spikes and he just bounced off of them.

I routinely headbutt people near ledges and they just hang around the ledge without stumbling off it.

Karma_Ghost
04-13-2017, 11:35 PM

Was this not intentional? Headbutt has never caused environmental deaths in my experience (rep 10).

Devils-_-legacy
04-14-2017, 12:09 AM

Are you guys for real?

No i tested it i thought it would of knocked them off