PDA

View Full Version : Brawl matches like two 1vs1 fights? Why?

Skrydern
04-10-2017, 07:07 PM
Hello everyone!

I'm one of those few guys who really like the combat modes 4vs4, 2vs2 and 1vs1. However, most of my experiences in 2vs2 are getting quite disappointing nowadays. When I play a brawl match i play it like it's designed - 2vs2 combat fighting till the death. That means whenever I win my fight, I rush to my teammate to help him. We are a team, and we are to win and survive at all cost.

However, most people seem to think that a brawl match is supposed to be fought like two separate 1vs1 fights. Usually that means that whenever I join in on my teammates fight I get called bad things and quite often someone has intercourse with my mom. Also I've experienced that my teammate just feeds me to the two enemies and refuse to fight before I'm dead. Because of these reaction I usually state, already in the loading screen, that I do not intend to play the match with that honor nonsense, but that I play it like a brawl game. It rarely has any effect whatsoever.

So my question here is. Why do people join a brawl fight if what they really want is to play duels? Ubisoft has been kind enough to design a game mode specifically for that, so I see no reason to "invade" the 2vs2 matches with a 1vs1 attitude. I want my chaotic and fierce 2vs2 combat back!

Regards
Skrydern

Gray360UK
04-10-2017, 07:09 PM
It makes no sense, even what they think of as honourable makes no sense in a Brawl setting.

If honour includes abandoning your friend in his hour of need and watching as he gets his head cut off, I'll stick to being dishonourable.

Skrydern
04-10-2017, 07:15 PM
It makes no sense, even what they think of as honourable makes no sense in a Brawl setting.

If honour includes abandoning your friend in his hour of need and watching as he gets his head cut off, I'll stick to being dishonourable.

Amen to that! I do imagine that had I lived during the middle ages as a glorious knight, I had most likely joined the fight as well to help my friend in need.

Alchemist-21-
04-10-2017, 07:27 PM
We like what we like man. I'll stay honorable until the other team starts double teaming or my teammate asks for help. Although 99% of my brawls are in a party with a friend so we already know ahead of time that's how our team is going to work.

As an aside, the brawl maps are better than the duel maps. They're more open and you can get away from the annoying ledge kills, so the Brawl maps let you have more enjoyable 1v1's.

Skrydern
04-10-2017, 07:51 PM
It's very fair that other people like to fight in other ways. I can respect that to some extend. But getting flamed over and over for playing the game like it's meant to be played ... I just don't get it. It takes some of the fun away for me. It's far more enjoyable to meet people that are non-toxic and less salty.

xLeapingLizardx
04-10-2017, 08:17 PM
We like what we like man. I'll stay honorable until the other team starts double teaming or my teammate asks for help. Although 99% of my brawls are in a party with a friend so we already know ahead of time that's how our team is going to work.

As an aside, the brawl maps are better than the duel maps. They're more open and you can get away from the annoying ledge kills, so the Brawl maps let you have more enjoyable 1v1's.
Good point^
For whatever reason I enjoy Brawl more than duel. But I play Brawl like 2 1v1s. Probably does have to do with the fact the Brawl maps are 10 times better than the small insta-kills everywhere duel maps. Another reason is it almost feels like a "survival" kind of game mode. I beat my opponent and if my ally dies I move onto the next opponent with the same health I had from my last fight. Also if I lose my fight my teammate can still carry me and swing a glorious 2 kill victory.
Lasty, if an enemy is using a cheap, cheesy, over-used, spam character, I don't have to face that person each round. I can have a slight variety to my opponents instead of 3 rounds of PK light attack spam.

So I dunno, play how you want, but there is plenty of reasons to like brawl as a 2 1v1 fights scenario.

CandleInTheDark
04-10-2017, 08:37 PM
Because people seem to confuse For Honor and With Honor. There is no honour in allowing an ally to get his head cut off.

Ontari
04-10-2017, 08:58 PM
Yeah, I just had a match with people calling me **** in 2v2 for helping my teammate.

I don't get that mentality, as it has no reflection in reality. I mean, I would never ildly watch how my friend gets his *** beaten when I've dealt with my opponent.

In war environment this is also a ridiculous iea. When you have the numbers advantage you just use it. And this is what revenge mechanics are for - to give you a chance to fight off multiple opponents, not as people previously thought, to give you darn superpowers.

As for me, I really enjoy being outnumbered as a Kensei, I almost feel as if having slight avdantage in such situations, due to the reach of nodachi and quick dashes. And it is just adrenaline pumping and more entertaining :D

escacleo
04-10-2017, 10:02 PM
Cause its not ranked. Once ranked is in play this HONOR model will disappear like a fart in the wind.

SK-LorD4rk
04-10-2017, 10:13 PM
I think this could be easily fixed by the devs, so I will post it again in hope a CM will take a look:

I like the idea of "honorable" kills in Brawl Mode, just for immersion purposes. :o
It seems, in my experience, that the majority of the "brawlers" in this game too.There is also the fact that the game engine recognizes the 1v1 kills as a 'honorable kill' - let's just forget for a moment that the same game engine allows you to throw the enemy off the cliff and still counts it as a 'honorable kill'. :rolleyes:

That being said - in the current state of Brawl Mode - I don't think you should simply assume not to help your partner when he needs help (aka: is about to die) because *insert w/e reason you might have*, unless both you and your partner agreed to it before the match starts. When you play any team-based game you have a primary commitment to your teammate(s) and to win the match, not yourself. If you are a selfish player incapable of realize this point... it's ok too, but I suggest you go play the Duel Mode instead.

As I said, I vastly prefer 2x(1x1 duels) in Brawl mode, but I'm wrong if I assume my partner also do. The mode was not designed for it.

Now, a suggestion to Ubisoft to fix this situation, segregate Brawl Mode in two different modes (similar to what we have for Deathmatch):

MODE1: our current Brawl mode (when 100% of the time you can assume it will be 2 against 2 at ALL times, and if you are not playing it this way you are doing it wrong)
MODE2: a new 2x2 mode, but this time the map is closed in a way that you only have access to your opponent, once you kill your opponent and the other duel also finishes the map opens and a third final battle (or not, if you both win) will take place

Meantime, a simple: "hey, lets do 2x2 or 2x(duels)?" to your partner before the match starts would avoid A LOT of hate.

iAlwaysL0se
04-10-2017, 10:25 PM
I used to HATE when someone came and started attacking me during a 2v2 brawl. But that was because I sucked at that time and was still learning a lot and had some demented notion that others would abide by "honor" rules and let me duel one on one.
I played a match a few nights ago against a Valk and a Shugoki team. We lobby'd up Twice and both times after a first round defeat, started double teaming me after my teammate was dead. Shugoki at first showed the honor and then tried to interrupt my fight but payed for it with his life...TWICE! I can honestly say that was one of the FUNNEST matches I have had because it was the clutchest win I have pulled off. Beat two people with 1 bar of health left! The exhilaration I felt from facing down two people desperately wanting me dead was insane! Heart was racing, mind was focused, every movement made was calculated... and when you pull off the Win, it's feels like your on top of the world lol. So yea, now when that happens there is less salty rage and I say Bring it on muh****ahs!!

Auztinito
04-10-2017, 10:27 PM

In other words,you believe your friend is incompetent or lacks the skill to fight his own fights.Your not their mother.

Back on topic,the reason is because people play differently.Hell,medieval themed movies & TV shows reflect this behavior.Also,there is literally historic cultures that reflect this behavior.When muskets were used,armies actually took turn shooting each other in battles.So if you can't wrap your head around it being a thing then you don't experience enough people with differing views.Most people,that don't understand are relfecting how morality works in modern day and not how it was in different time periods.

Ontari
04-10-2017, 10:30 PM
@ Auztinito

Man... have you ever been in a brawl? I mean real brawl, with use of fists, elbows, knees and legs. I guess not. It's not thinking your matey is incompetent - all that matters is beating the shizzit out of ya enemy.

And well.... those who don't respect other's views are guys calling you with female genitalia names, or claiming to sleep with your mother when you kill them. But that's just my opinion ;)

Solkoss
04-10-2017, 10:36 PM
Hello everyone!

I'm one of those few guys who really like the combat modes 4vs4, 2vs2 and 1vs1. However, most of my experiences in 2vs2 are getting quite disappointing nowadays. When I play a brawl match i play it like it's designed - 2vs2 combat fighting till the death. That means whenever I win my fight, I rush to my teammate to help him. We are a team, and we are to win and survive at all cost.

However, most people seem to think that a brawl match is supposed to be fought like two separate 1vs1 fights. Usually that means that whenever I join in on my teammates fight I get called bad things and quite often someone has intercourse with my mom. Also I've experienced that my teammate just feeds me to the two enemies and refuse to fight before I'm dead. Because of these reaction I usually state, already in the loading screen, that I do not intend to play the match with that honor nonsense, but that I play it like a brawl game. It rarely has any effect whatsoever.

So my question here is. Why do people join a brawl fight if what they really want is to play duels? Ubisoft has been kind enough to design a game mode specifically for that, so I see no reason to "invade" the 2vs2 matches with a 1vs1 attitude. I want my chaotic and fierce 2vs2 combat back!

Regards
Skrydern

You should get a partner with the same mindset. Clearly let the other team know the loading screen that you are doing a true 2v2 brawl and just go at them.

That's what I see the streamers doing when they want to brawl. Tournaments are true brawls which is fun to watch.

That being said, I like the 2x 1v1s in the brawls because it gives you a variety of characters people play. You don't end up fighting the same class for 3 or 4 matches in a row and the meta tends to be a little less defensive the true 1V1s. I like that eliminations are 4x 1v1s that eventually turn into ganks. Very much encourages aggressive play so you don't get ganked.

If someone states it's going to be an all out brawl before the match though, I would be all about it because, at least, everyone knows the perceived ruleset going into the match.

Solkoss
04-10-2017, 10:38 PM
I used to HATE when someone came and started attacking me during a 2v2 brawl. But that was because I sucked at that time and was still learning a lot and had some demented notion that others would abide by "honor" rules and let me duel one on one.
I played a match a few nights ago against a Valk and a Shugoki team. We lobby'd up Twice and both times after a first round defeat, started double teaming me after my teammate was dead. Shugoki at first showed the honor and then tried to interrupt my fight but payed for it with his life...TWICE! I can honestly say that was one of the FUNNEST matches I have had because it was the clutchest win I have pulled off. Beat two people with 1 bar of health left! The exhilaration I felt from facing down two people desperately wanting me dead was insane! Heart was racing, mind was focused, every movement made was calculated... and when you pull off the Win, it's feels like your on top of the world lol. So yea, now when that happens there is less salty rage and I say Bring it on muh****ahs!!

I used to love when people would come and try to gank me until they fixed revenge :P Instant revenge and ownage was what dreams are made of :P

Auztinito
04-10-2017, 10:44 PM
@ Auztinito

Man... have you ever been in a brawl? I mean real brawl, with use of fists, elbows, knees and legs. I guess not. It's not thinking your matey is incompetent - all that matters is beating the shizzit out of ya enemy.

And well.... those who don't respect other's views are guys calling you with female genitalia names, or claiming to sleep with your mother when you kill them. But that's just my opinion ;)

I've been in fights since I could read.Also,if they were to reflect a real brawl we wouldn't be using swords,shields,& ect.You wouldn't be spawned away from your team-mate/friend.Also,if your jumped it is by all formats looked down upon.Hell,next thing you'll say is that a sucker punch & running away reflects winning a fight.It doesn't.
You think people on your side of the argument,don't do that as well.That's video games for you.Get over it.

Gray360UK
04-10-2017, 11:00 PM
In other words,you believe your friend is incompetent or lacks the skill to fight his own fights.Your not their mother.

Not at all. I believe he is my friend, nothing more, nothing less, that is why we entered the fight together, as a team, on the same side, with the same goal, to emerge as the winning TEAM.

To not help him is betraying your ally. I did not enter the Brawl saying 'You're on your own pal, hope you are good' (selfish, ego-driven, solo mindset) I entered thinking 'we are in this together my friend' (not selfish, team orientated mindset).

Twist it all you like, if you went in with a friend and care more about bowing and scraping to your enemy than you do your friend, you're not what I call an honourable person.

Reign
04-10-2017, 11:07 PM

Back on topic,the reason is because people play differently.Hell,medieval themed movies & TV shows reflect this behavior.Also,there is literally historic cultures that reflect this behavior.When muskets were used,armies actually took turn shooting each other in battles.So if you can't wrap your head around it being a thing then you don't experience enough people with differing views.Most people,that don't understand are relfecting how morality works in modern day and not how it was in different time periods.

Speaking to the muskets comment. You can't discredit the fact a select few commanders realized that trading shots was the worst way to win against a superior force. Those people you speak of with differing views are just the kind of people who would break the common mold to secure a victory at any cost.

And while this is just a game and only simulated battle one thing remains true. Those who prepare for anything their opponent may throw at them will always fair better than those who don't. Morality is one thing like killing non-combatants but when you're tasked to win against an equally armed enemy he line starts to blur greatly.

AzureSky.
04-10-2017, 11:45 PM
you can just say at the loading screen "can we play dirty?"

There, problem solved, for some reason we are humans, you can talk to them.

RROARGATHORR
04-11-2017, 12:09 AM
I wait for the other team to decide how it's gonna be. If they 2v1 us, then it's on. Otherwise it's 2 1v1 fights. Don't like being called names for playing like a ******, don't read chat I guess.

Yokonato
04-11-2017, 12:18 AM
Honestly alot of people perfer 1 v 1 since you tend to get in eachother way when you gang. Alot of people mindless swing than you do nothing but give the enemy revenge than he spanks both of you, or some fights can be costly because interference ex; you go to parry a blow teammate swings hits you off balance you eat unblockable to the face may even end up falling off a ledge cause of it, now you feeling salty at him for costing you a easy parry

secrecy274
04-11-2017, 12:26 AM
There's nothing honorable about "ganking" your teammates 1v1, just as there's nothing honorable about standing on the sidelines, watching him lose. It's just two sides of the same coin. Do what you want, ignore the whiners.

UbiJurassic
04-11-2017, 12:37 AM
https://youtu.be/ryZJWLMe1ag

cyberakiba
04-11-2017, 12:44 AM
https://youtu.be/ryZJWLMe1ag

Daamn right! Lol, made me laugh!

kweassa1917
04-11-2017, 02:33 AM
There's nothing honorable about "ganking" your teammates 1v1, just as there's nothing honorable about standing on the sidelines, watching him lose. It's just two sides of the same coin. Do what you want, ignore the whiners.

^^^ This.

In the end, nobody has any right or business in how you play the game. So if someone wants to play with 'honor' then its their choice to play it that way and suffer whatever consequences from players who disagree and they still don't have any right to complain. They chose to do so, not us.

Do whatever you like, and don't mind no whiners.

(ps) Of course, idealistically speaking, it'd be better to communicate and settle things with your teammate before the match begins. Try for a compromise. If it doesn't work out, then it's no-holds-barred. You ain't obligated to do nuthin'.

Auztinito
04-11-2017, 09:23 AM
Speaking to the muskets comment. You can't discredit the fact a select few commanders realized that trading shots was the worst way to win against a superior force. Those people you speak of with differing views are just the kind of people who would break the common mold to secure a victory at any cost.

And while this is just a game and only simulated battle one thing remains true. Those who prepare for anything their opponent may throw at them will always fair better than those who don't. Morality is one thing like killing non-combatants but when you're tasked to win against an equally armed enemy he line starts to blur greatly.

I am not discrediting the select few that didn't follow this rule.I'm just using it as point.I think they were idiots for taking turns.

FightingFerrets
04-11-2017, 02:13 PM
Play the AI in a brawl...if they kill your buddy you're facing 2 v 1...its the way it was intended to be played. Everyone is entitled to their own interpretation but that cuts both ways....

Prophit618
04-11-2017, 02:46 PM
I personally prefer to do pairs of 1v1s in my Brawls, but it's not a matter of honor or dishonor. I don't ascribe some greater narrative to the way I chose to play my game, it's just the way I like to do it. To me, people who tie their choice to honor or dishonor are just trying to use that ideal as a shield to protect their feelings when they lose.

"Sure, I lost, but it was only because they didn't play the right way like I did. Had they played the way the game was supposed to be played, I obviously would've won."

I suppose in some cases they also just might like the perceived high horse they get to sit on when crowing about the "right" ways to play (protip, this is your horse: http://tinyurl.com/kcu658u).

In reality, the closest I come to "honor" is playing the way the other team and my teammate dictate. By default, in a Brawl I allow 1v1s and won't interfere except to save my friend from execution (and if I can do so without damaging the opponent, all the better, but I won't hesitate to slice you to save my teammate's life), in 4v4 Elim I will do the same, and in 4v4 Skirmish or Dominion it's anything goes the whole way through. If, however, my teammate or the opposing team initiates a gank, then that's how I will play the round from then on out.

I won't go crying about it on the forums, or in the match, I'll adapt and win anyway. Adapting is much more satisfying than losing and trying to use your honor to dry your tears.

corazondedelfin
04-11-2017, 03:07 PM
To every VIKING reading this, go in here > http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1629105-Vikings-time-has-come-to-fight-together-till-the-end!!!

We need you!

mathi4s
04-11-2017, 03:51 PM
When you select Brawl you play Brawl and that includes ganking. When you select duel you play duel. If someone does not like it then they can go **** themselfs. It's that easy. If you let stupid people dictate how the game should be played then you will never play it as it is intended. There is nothing more to add.

Prophit618
04-11-2017, 06:33 PM
When you select Brawl you play Brawl and that includes ganking. When you select duel you play duel. If someone does not like it then they can go **** themselfs. It's that easy. If you let stupid people dictate how the game should be played then you will never play it as it is intended. There is nothing more to add.

From personal experience, that opinion is in the minority. The vast majority of people playing brawl when I'm in Brawl mode are playing the 2x 1v1 way. So you're saying the majority of people are stupid and don't understand how to play a mode?

I think the way a mode is intended to be played is in whatever way the people within the mode most enjoy it. Sure, if you get ganked in Brawl it's a perfectly legitimate way for the opposing team to act, regardless of how you feel, but you're attempting to make it sound like doing it any other way is stupid. Playing based on the arbitrary rules established by some random on the forums would be stupid. Playing in a manner to garner the most enjoyment for your time spent is smart.

Edit: Before people start spouting about how the AI plays being the rule-setter, the AI also never changes their guard to accomodate multiple players, they never try and parry unblockables, and they just generally play stupid. So that means that the game is meant to be played with such silly mistakes? AI doesn't define how a game is to be played, it's playerbase does.

Skrydern
04-11-2017, 06:37 PM
Thank you everyone for all your inputs. There are clearly different ways to approach a brawl match, but I'm glad to see that the majority of the people here think it's okay to play the gank-style. Especially when I've stated it in the loading screen.

Hit me up on Uplay if you have the same brawl mindset as me, and let's do some fighting!

Cheers!

//Skrydern

Helnekromancer
04-11-2017, 06:37 PM
This would have never been an issue if the game start putting all 4 players in a arena as the Defending team faces their opponents back-to-back and the offensive team surrounds them so no one is separated by space and you feel more like a team instead of 2 strangers.

secrecy274
04-11-2017, 07:07 PM
This would have never been an issue if the game start putting all 4 players in a arena as the Defending team faces their opponents back-to-back and the offensive team surrounds them so no one is separated by space and you feel more like a team instead of 2 strangers.

That... actually sounds interesting, would love if there were a map like that.

Operch
04-11-2017, 07:13 PM
I think the beauty of this game is in most instances you can play it however you want to. If you want to ledge someone most maps have that. If you want to be 'honorable' do it, otherwise be as dirty as you want. The only restrictions that are put on you are the perceived ones like you shouldn't team up during brawls, or revenge during duels.

Play the game how you want to. People will moan because you did something that crossed some unwritten line in the sand but it's still valid...because you were able to do it.

Helnekromancer
04-11-2017, 07:25 PM
That... actually sounds interesting, would love if there were a map like that.

Same wish brawl where more like "brawls" it's so political and annoying only do it now for orders.

Gray360UK
04-11-2017, 07:41 PM
Same wish brawl where more like "brawls" it's so political and annoying only do it now for orders.

Same.

On the odd occassions all 4 players have been happy to fight gloves off, no rules, Brawl has been one of my favourite experiences.

Sadly that is rare.

Too many rules made up by the honour crowd have ruined the mode for me. Rules they don't even have the decency to share with their team mate, or check that the enemy team is following.

I had one partner (and I use the word loosely) refuse to use Revenge mode against our enemies when he gained it after fighting 2 enemies in a row (I had died to mine, just as he killed his, and then he was fighting mine). He backed off and stood idle for 10 seconds until it expired. Meanwhile, no doubt thinking this was his lucky day, our one remaining enemy ran off to revive his dead team mate (my killer) and then they double teamed my partner without a second thought. Would have died laughing if I wasn't already dead :rolleyes:

secrecy274
04-11-2017, 07:46 PM
Same.

On the odd occassions all 4 players have been happy to fight gloves off, no rules, Brawl has been one of my favourite experiences.

Sadly that is rare.

Too many rules made up by the honour crowd have ruined the mode for me. Rules they don't even have the decency to share with their team mate, or check that the enemy team is following.

I had one partner (and I use the word loosely) refuse to use Revenge mode against our enemies when he gained it after fighting 2 enemies in a row (I had died to mine, just as he killed his, and then he was fighting mine). He backed off and stood idle for 10 seconds until it expired. Meanwhile, no doubt thinking this was his lucky day, our one remaining enemy ran off to revive his dead team mate (my killer) and then they double teamed my partner without a second thought. Would have died laughing if I wasn't already dead :rolleyes:

Yeah, 2v2 Brawl is far more fun than 1v1x2 Brawl.

CandleInTheDark
04-11-2017, 07:50 PM
It happens in 4v4 as well sometimes. I was in a fight against a berserker he killed a lawbringer and there was a teammate standing right back doing nothing with me on a slither of health. It was only salvaged because I backed away blocking and he did the one thing it seemed wasn't against his little code and revived the lawbringer who had the decency to pancake toss the blighter while I kept the blocks coming.

Gray360UK
04-11-2017, 07:57 PM
It happens in 4v4 as well sometimes. I was in a fight against a berserker he killed a lawbringer and there was a teammate standing right back doing nothing with me on a slither of health. It was only salvaged because I backed away blocking and he did the one thing it seemed wasn't against his little code and revived the lawbringer who had the decency to pancake toss the blighter while I kept the blocks coming.

Yeah I've had that too, although it's usually a BOT, some of them have funny rules about engaging an enemy player if a friendly player is already fighting him. Not always though, I've seen people in 4 vs 4 shouting Sorry! to the enemy and disengaging when a team mate joins the fight :rolleyes:

P.S. Candle, check your Inbox :)

RenfieldX
04-11-2017, 09:45 PM
The most fun that I have in Brawl matches is on that forest map where they dump all of the players in a small area and it's more of a free for all. I'd love to see more brawl maps like that.

Helnekromancer
04-12-2017, 12:01 AM
The most fun that I have in Brawl matches is on that forest map where they dump all of the players in a small area and it's more of a free for all. I'd love to see more brawl maps like that.

Same I mostly get Citadel though but I love throw enemy players into each other to get a free heavy and to help my teammate from getting hit.

We_Wuz_Kongz
04-12-2017, 12:39 AM
Does anyone like this idea?

We have brawl spawn you next to your teammate 2 out of the 3 rounds and 1 round where we spawn the way it is currently.

NightBlade87
04-12-2017, 04:43 AM
I don't play by "Honor Rules" for the following reasons:

1.) It's an arbitrary list of rules that is actually MORE frustrating to follow, because no one follows it exactly the same way and it all goes out the window anyway as soon as the other side starts losing. Personally, I don't care if you double team me, or throw me off a ledge, that's the way the game was designed to be played. It hones your skills for Dominion. I'm not going to throw a tantrum over it. Hell, it's even funny sometimes. Some people take themselves way to seriously in this game.

2.) I played well and finished my opponent quickly, why should I be punished for it? Why does it make any sense for me to now negate everything I just did by finishing my opponent efficiently and then watching my buddy get his head cut off? It makes zero sense... Not only that, now my 2nd opponent has a potential health advantage because of a free execute.

3.) Speaking of execute, some people will let you "finish" your fight, only to cut you down IMMEDIATELY after downing the the first opponent. **** you, if I had known you were going to do that, I would have just attacked YOU too. And probably would have won by fighting BOTH of you at the same time and not leaving myself open to attacks in the name of "honor". If you were just going to stab me when I'm vulnerable, don't even bother waiting!

4.) Look of the definition of the word "Brawl".

5.) Combat is not "honorable" I hate the break it to those who think they're role playing, but you're idea of "Honor" "Bushido" "Chivalry" -- it never existed in the romanticized fashion you believe it did. Sorry, war is about winning. It was the same way back then, I assure you. If you don't like combat, don't engage in it. That would be the "honorable" thing to do. If you want to duel, play duel for crying out loud. Stop trying to make a list of nonsense rules to make up for your shortcomings and shame others for playing the game it was designed to be played. Spam "Wow!" all you want, don't stand next to ledges, dummy. Be aware of your surroundings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LF0wa0W13yw

CntyChops
04-12-2017, 05:50 AM
I am actually a big fan of "Honor" rules.

I quite like it when they come at me one at a time if my team mate goes down. On the flipside though if my guy goes down first (usually literally into a pit,ledge, fire etc) you can bet your bottom dollar you have a shield bash incoming towards your backside swiftly followed by several RAH's as appropriate!

Honor rules ftw.

matt89connor
04-12-2017, 09:43 AM
guys, there are players, who like the 1v1, but, 2v2 is more fun because you can fight 2 players (and play with a firend), not always the same.There are the 4v4 to play for ******** gank etc....leave 2v2 for those who simply want an honor fight, maybe not help your friend when he needs help is a no sense of honor,but, give at the friend an easy win by attack the enemy in the back, is most dishororable too XD

DrinkinMehStella
04-12-2017, 10:29 AM
Usually that means that whenever I join in on my teammates fight I get called bad things and quite often someone has intercourse with my mom

Regards
Skrydern

:D sorry i lost it at that

WheepingSong
04-12-2017, 10:39 AM
Quit the honour **** in 2v2....

I used to play brawl as two 1v1's. However once I started to play the game mode is intended I realized how much more fun it is to play brawl as a proper 2v2 and not as a gimped 1v1. 2v2 gives the game a whole new and interesting dynamic. Having to watch out for your buddy and beeing ready to dodge the non lock-on enemy is challenging and rewarding at the same time.

People playing brawl as two 1v1's are simply destroying a game mode.

And yes, I do get hatemail and insults 90% of the time because I'm playing a game mode as intended.