PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts please... (Turtle Meta Fix)

DuhSavagePickle
04-10-2017, 06:07 PM
A thought for the turtle meta.

Lots of players sit there without attacking and just parry and GB you everytime you attack. Which takes 100% of the fun away Correct?

WHAT IF, there was a number of times you can parry. Say 3 times until you can't parry anymore, which activates a cool down until you're able to parry again?

I'd say something along the lines of this.

You get 3 bars. (3 Chances to parry.)
Each time you parry, 1 bar would deplete.
After a set amount of time, said bars would eventually regenerate.
But if someone was to use all of their bars, on the 3rd parry they would lose all stamina.

Thus making you pick your parries, and increasing duration between times getting parried per fight and decreasing the turtle meta by giving you a reason to start attacking instead of relying on parrying into GB.

Thoughts and suggestions please, this was off the top of my head, so improvements and ideas are welcome.

Solkoss
04-10-2017, 06:11 PM
i posted this in another thread but I would rather see this:

1. Make it so someone Parrying has to fully commit to the parry. A feinted parry allows the attacker to strike through and hit them anyways(or maybe hit for half damage, could sound like a deflect). This would make parrying a little bit more risky because if the Turtle commits to someone's fake attack (feint) they open themselves up to be parried themselves suddenly cracking the turtle's shell.

2. Along with the committing to parry, make it so if someone gets their block hit 2 or 3 times in a row, they should lose the ability to counter GB until they get hit or throw an attack (a GB doesn't count as an attack in this situation IMO).

DuhSavagePickle
04-10-2017, 06:21 PM
i posted this in another thread but I would rather see this:

1. Make it so someone Parrying has to fully commit to the parry. A feinted parry allows the attacker to strike through and hit them anyways(or maybe hit for half damage, could sound like a deflect). This would make parrying a little bit more risky because if the Turtle commits to someone's fake attack (feint) they open themselves up to be parried themselves suddenly cracking the turtle's shell.

2. Along with the committing to parry, make it so if someone gets their block hit 2 or 3 times in a row, they should lose the ability to counter GB until they get hit or throw an attack (a GB doesn't count as an attack in this situation IMO).

Number 1 sounds good, with the half damage idea if they decide to cancel their parry and get hit by it.

I don't really like number 2. Sometimes people will be blocking someone who is aggressive and that said person would abuse the fact that if they attack the defender 3 times they get an automatic GB Heavy because the defender won't be able to counter GB.

I like my idea as well because the "Parry Bar" would only decrease on successful parries.

Solkoss
04-10-2017, 06:30 PM
Number 1 sounds good, with the half damage idea if they decide to cancel their parry and get hit by it.

I don't really like number 2. Sometimes people will be blocking someone who is aggressive and that said person would abuse the fact that if they attack the defender 3 times they get an automatic GB Heavy because the defender won't be able to counter GB.

I like my idea as well because the "Parry Bar" would only decrease on successful parries.

I hear ya. I only gave the number of 2-3 blocks because 3 seems like a LOT in this fast paced of a game. 2 is actually more realistic. Even with a PK hitting you, 3 blocks in a row without being hit once would be pretty impressive. Especially if you made the attacker's GB reset the counter.

Parry counter could work (similar to the special bars in fighter games) but I could see this sort of counter implementation adding some major bugs in the 4v4 modes. I guess you could make the counter reset if you kill someone or are out of combat for a certain amount of time.