PDA

View Full Version : For honor smurfs?? 62 hours played and I still lose every fight

ZoltusTheGamer
04-10-2017, 05:22 PM
I've Played this game for 62 hours and I have 2 heros 2 prestige and I still lose to people that are for example 3 level. I know how to parry, counter quardbreak and I know my moveset. I am thinking of uninstalling this piece of **** game because people that have played the game for less than one hour can beat me. even 3 level player knows how to parry every move and punish hundred times after it. I just played for way over one hour and I won one game. ONE GAME. everyone just uses one move that has no way to counter them.

Gray360UK
04-10-2017, 05:25 PM
Not to be rude, but do you not think this might be because you are bad?

How can you blame the game? These other people, even on level 3 characters, can beat you, so apparently they have no problems, right?

What class{es) are you playing?

ZoltusTheGamer
04-10-2017, 05:31 PM
Not to be rude, but do you not think this might be because you are bad?

How can you blame the game? These other people, even on level 3 characters, can beat you, so apparently they have no problems, right?

What class{es) are you playing?

I am using valkyrie and my deathmatch overall K/D/A is 1.71. objective mode overall K/D/A is 1.81 and duel mode overall K/D/A is 1.21. I used to win every fight but now I lose every fight whatever who is playing against me.

TheLastPandaa
04-10-2017, 05:33 PM
I've Played this game for 62 hours and I have 2 heros 2 prestige and I still lose to people that are for example 3 level. I know how to parry, counter quardbreak and I know my moveset. I am thinking of uninstalling this piece of **** game because people that have played the game for less than one hour can beat me. even 3 level player knows how to parry every move and punish hundred times after it. I just played for way over one hour and I won one game. ONE GAME. everyone just uses one move that has no way to counter them.

Dont worry, in FH with only 62h you barely started to warm up before the real learning.

corazondedelfin
04-10-2017, 05:36 PM
Zoltus, maybe its because some of these reasons:

- You play even more honorable than myself.
- You have not good reaction times coming from your brain and phisiology.
- You are not skilled for a fighting game of this type, which is very particular.
- You are facing mostly dishonorable assh0les, which is probably.
- You are just slow in this game, you dont do quick choices.
- You are using an underpowered character (i.e. raider) or almost underpowered (i.e. orochi)

The reasons you are looking to find are probably a mix from that ones.

Dont give up if the game works for you, because for me its disconnection to disconnection. And Im a good player though.

ZoltusTheGamer
04-10-2017, 05:41 PM
Zoltus, maybe its because some of these reasons:

- You play even more honorable than myself.
- You have not good reaction times coming from your brain and phisiology.
- You are not skilled for a fighting game of this type, which is very particular.
- You are facing mostly dishonorable assh0les, which is probably.
- You are just slow in this game, you dont do quick choices.
- You are using an underpowered character (i.e. raider) or almost underpowered (i.e. orochi)

The reasons you are looking to find are probably a mix from that ones.

Dont give up if the game works for you, because for me its disconnection to disconnection. And Im a good player though.

I dont know what happened. before I could parry every move. not kidding I was god at parrying but now something has changed. did I miss some important patch?

Gray360UK
04-10-2017, 05:42 PM
I am using valkyrie and my deathmatch overall K/D/A is 1.71. objective mode overall K/D/A is 1.81 and duel mode overall K/D/A is 1.21. I used to win every fight but now I lose every fight whatever who is playing against me.

Might be because of the shrinking playerbase, what we have left is mostly players who are dedicated, have played a lot and really know their stuff (except Corazondedeflin on his Orochi, he just sucks). This always happens in gaming to greater or lesser degrees, depending on the type of game. Your Player K/Ds would help more, as K/D/A includes Assists and don't really refelct how well you are doing as an individual.

LastPandaa is correct as well, 62 hours isn't a lot in For Honor.

Valkyrie is a very good character now, after her buffs, so you should be doing well on her, we can't blame the class.

Matchmaking is still badly screwed up though, so it's a total lottery as to who you face as an opponent and even low level characters can be played by a very experienced / good player, of course.

Don't forget, a bad game is just a bad game, a bad day is just a bad day. Stick with it, try to look at your playstyle and think about what you might be doing wrong, are you too aggressive or too passive, etc

Just friendly advice :)

ZoltusTheGamer
04-10-2017, 05:45 PM
I played well before the valkyrie patch and played even better after the patch. something has changed. I leave the game for like 2 weeks I think and now I am facing against so hard players. I think all the lower skilled people already left the game.

Gray360UK
04-10-2017, 05:47 PM
I played well before the valkyrie patch and played even better after the patch. something has changed. I leave the game for like 2 weeks I think and now I am facing against so hard players. I think all the lower skilled people already left the game.

Yes it could just be as simple as that :)

cragar212
04-10-2017, 05:49 PM
Well alot of low level players can be an experienced player playing a different character.

A good example was legion unchained playing a pk for the first time ever to show how op she is. He got to top 8 in the biggest tourny running (Think he was like lvl 4 when he finally got knocked out).

If you're on console could also be people with multiple accounts just remaking accounts to get perfect records.

Valk is also pretty complex to play well. I have a R10 and she has my highest duel W/L (about 80%). I'd suggest going to youtube and watching some guides they helped me alot as well as watching how the top players switched her mix ups.

Juuzaam
04-10-2017, 06:15 PM
^^ i realy think it is that simple + the failed matchmaker.

The recent event, call to duel, showed me how bad the matchmaking is. I played like 5 matches in a row vs the same nobushi that did things i have never seen before. Everytime the same thing:
i played vs him, lost and left the game, went back into matchmaker ... *tadaaa* the same guy again.
The other players i met this day been realy strong as well. like constantly parrying 15f, high damage combos. I think i managed to win like 3-4 matches, a few rounds now and then, but lost like 20. And the game still thought i would have been able to bet these guys...
I knew that the average person that plays duels has to be a stronger player, but this was realy not balanced at all.

@zoltus: I think in your case there might be more things happening to you. You might be overestimating your skill and definatly underestimating your opponents. A lvl3 guy doenst have to be a new player. He might just got bored or wanted to try something else. And your stats look slightly different than you wrote too.
Also, you are playing Valky, like me. Which is a fairly week hero in duels and brawls. I am playing warden as well and hell this is such a different as soon as your opponent is not a complete potatoe.
Believe it or not, Valky is more fun and stronger in 4v4 Dominion/Elemination. Ofcourse you might want to get some gear after reaching prestige 3. And i assume you might need a few advices for her as well. (Your pk stats are better, prooving my point that valky isnt that good at all)

cragar212
04-10-2017, 06:28 PM
Heres a comprehensive Valk guide from a well known FH community member. I always make sure I can do everything in the videos without thinking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3Bqi0iD8KE

WoodDaGawd
04-10-2017, 07:09 PM
The people you are playing are most likely quitters that give up before getting rewards. So it looks like they are good at the lower level they are at.

I've got like 3 or 4 days and have issues in Duel mode still. Dominion, 4v4, Elim.. not so much

KnifeInUrNeck
04-10-2017, 07:19 PM
I usually find the saying "get good" to be pretty ******y but I mean, come on. You are saying that people with far less experience can beat you. That means it's you lol.

Hillbill79
04-11-2017, 10:08 AM
I've got 371 hours of playtime under my belt, and I still lose in duels fairly often...

Those low level players might just be trying out an alt and have a rep10 tucked away somewhere... My total account rep is 16, but that is spread out amongst 6 prestige characters, the highest being a 7, so nothing special really. I keep handicapping myself by playing a few guys, as I'm not getting as proficient as I could in each.... they all have different movesets and styles.

My level 7 zerker lost a couple of duels to sub level 1 Lawbringers.... no worries, doesn't bother me at all. I'm not a pro player, I'm not even trying to be..... I play for the enjoyment.

A good way to tell if someone isn't as noob as they look is to look at their emblem..... If I'm facing a levl 10 warden, and he has a Viking or samurai emblem, I always assume he will be much better than his level for that character says he is. Because people normally start with the faction they first chose.

guffffff
04-11-2017, 11:08 AM
in every single multiplayer game connection quality plays a huge role. In For Hounour though, your opponent will have the same ping as you so at least its fair, BUT changes in ping/quality will affect timing so you are may be trying to parry by instinct and the timing is different. We all want to play Your Region games but ive not been in one for weeks now and laggy games are frustrating especially if you have been playing offline bots with fluid smooth animations then get into a slideshow laggy match: makes you wanna ragequit :D

RoosterIlluzion
04-11-2017, 11:36 AM
That's your problem. With Valkyrie, you just use some kind of quick open, then shield bash, heavy, shield bash, heavy.
Or, same quick open then shield bash, sweep. She's a quick spamming *****, so play her like that. Remember, there is no honor in this game.

corazondedelfin
04-11-2017, 03:10 PM
To every viking reading this, come in here, its super important! >> http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1629105-Vikings-time-has-come-to-fight-together-till-the-end!!! (only today)

teksuo1
04-11-2017, 05:11 PM
force yourself to an hour of practice against the lvl 3 valk in practice mode every day until you feel like she can't teach you anything else and you're good to go.

I still load her up from time to time to warmup my counter-guardbreaks

Knight.Bishop
04-11-2017, 06:23 PM
Simple truth, this is a very hard game.

I've got over 200 hours played and I lose a lot as well. You just need to roll with the punches and if you enjoy playing you'll get better over time.

ValdyKawaii
04-11-2017, 07:34 PM
Remember.. many times you fight high player alts. In which case they already hate all the knowledge about feints, parry, punish, and this maybe why you are getting rip'ed by level 3s.

ZoltusTheGamer
04-27-2017, 02:32 PM
Yes it could just be as simple as that :)

a little update. I have won 4 games from the time this post was created. I dont think my skill level is increasing. three of the wins were because of my teammate that carried me. should I change hero? It's not fun to play and die instantly every game again and again. today I have played for three hours and I won one fight. I didn't win the match but I won one 1 v 1 in brawl. The rest of the fights I lost as always.

Plutonium Bug
04-27-2017, 02:47 PM
a little update. I have won 4 games from the time this post was created. I dont think my skill level is increasing. three of the wins were because of my teammate that carried me. should I change hero? It's not fun to play and die instantly every game again and again. today I have played for three hours and I won one fight. I didn't win the match but I won one 1 v 1 in brawl. The rest of the fights I lost as always.

you aint as bad as you think
If this is you at least -> https://fhtracker.com/profile/pc/ZoltusTheGamer
This is pretty accurate PvP stats.

DrinkinMehStella
04-27-2017, 02:48 PM
im a valk main with Deathmatch KD 3.98 Objective 2.38 Duel just over 2.0 but since these recent patches my end results seem to be decreasing rapidly.

DrinkinMehStella
04-27-2017, 02:53 PM

how do you get the stats to update because my stats are really old on there.

ZoltusTheGamer
04-27-2017, 03:00 PM
yes that's me but often I go to for honor I am excited but it always ends up me quitting the game or googling how to play for honor. This happens for me after every match. Now when I got to brawl or dominion or whatever I have a feeling that I will lose the match. I have lost so many games that its normal for me to lose. Same happens for me in life, getting used to disappointment. UPDATE: yay I lost another game got 1 kill and died all the rest of the fights

Gray360UK
04-27-2017, 03:32 PM
how do you get the stats to update because my stats are really old on there.

Some of the stats are innacurate, some of them are spot on. For example, time played, games played, these are wrong. Kills and Deaths are spot on though, so your K/D is accurate (does not include Bots) and so is your K/A/D. In a game of Dominion last night my Warden got 7 kills (not assists) and died 3 times, and both of these stats changed accurately almost instantly on FHT.

Gray360UK
04-27-2017, 03:34 PM

He is dying more than he is killing though, and losing more than he is winning, neither of which are fun for the player. We all like to kill people more than we die and win more than we lose :)

Mia.Nora
04-27-2017, 03:45 PM
****ty matchmaking + too small player population

Look at LoL, and see how it is done.