PDA

View Full Version : Is PC or Console easier?

DuhSavagePickle
04-10-2017, 04:28 PM
Which is an easier platform to play on?

PC or Console?

For example which is easier to have faster reaction times on, which is easier for attack inputs etc...

What do you think is easier(if you played both), if you don't have both then what do you feel would be easier and why?

And what do you play on?

I'm just curious is all.

I'm on Xbox One only.

SK-LorD4rk
04-10-2017, 08:03 PM
PC is the better/easier platform no matter what. Not only can you re-assign buttons if you prefer K/M, but also use w/e joystick you prefer from consoles (DS4, X1 Elite etc) WITH the advantage of running the game @ 60fps instead of 30fps on consoles.

Hope that clarifies.

DrExtrem
04-10-2017, 10:03 PM
It is harder on console to defend against light attacks and spammable charge attacks.

Dizzy4213
04-11-2017, 01:52 AM
PC without a doubt!

It is harder on console to defend against light attacks and spammable charge attacks.

I'm sure I saw somewhere that the difference between the attack indicator showing up on console compared to PC was only a single frame. It's much harder yes, but not impossible. I think the biggest issues are input delay and the massive deadzone on the controllers, that in my opinion, is the biggest issue on console. I really do hope we get an option to adjust it as gets me killed so many times. A smaller deadzone would make the game feel much more responsive and you'll have an easier time blocking light spam.

RatedChaotic
04-11-2017, 03:33 AM
PC without a doubt!

I'm sure I saw somewhere that the difference between the attack indicator showing up on console compared to PC was only a single frame. It's much harder yes, but not impossible. I think the biggest issues are input delay and the massive deadzone on the controllers, that in my opinion, is the biggest issue on console. I really do hope we get an option to adjust it as gets me killed so many times. A smaller deadzone would make the game feel much more responsive and you'll have an easier time blocking light spam.

Controller deadzones can be adjusted on console.

SAVAGE_CABBAGE1
04-11-2017, 06:02 AM
Controller deadzones can be adjusted on console.

How do you adjust deadzones on console?
Asking for a friend.

kweassa1917
04-11-2017, 06:09 AM
The mouse control can be a source of problem in PCs, particularly combatting the ill effects of unwanted input fidgeting and disrupting both guard and attacks... I've practically tried every combination of the 20 levels of sensitivity + 5 levels of smoothing(deadzone) and yet, it still doesn't feel right.

escacleo
04-11-2017, 06:32 AM
How do you adjust deadzones on console?
Asking for a friend.

Spend 150$ on a controller just to change deadzones on a 60$ game.

DrExtrem
04-11-2017, 03:04 PM
Spend 150$ on a controller just to change deadzones on a 60$ game.

And hundreds more on a big computer monitor for your console to deal with input lag.

Drachdhar
04-11-2017, 03:43 PM
And hundreds more on a big computer monitor for your console to deal with input lag.

Wondering if they should do something about the input lagg on console... Most console players play with a TV after all...

But yeh, PC all the way for this game.

Capoupacap
04-11-2017, 03:47 PM
The way you see PC player parrying all attack is just a joke for console player. The game is way much more difficult :)

Basically any light spam attack is very difficult to block on console, you have to guess. If you wait for the indicator, you need like God reflex to be able to block it :p

May be it's latency of controller for console that is the more problematic ??? What do you think ? I set my controller to have almost no dead zone but if it kinda help, it doesn't change how tricky it is to block light spam :p

Dizzy4213
04-11-2017, 03:59 PM
The way you see PC player parrying all attack is just a joke for console player. The game is way much more difficult :)

Basically any light spam attack is very difficult to block on console, you have to guess. If you wait for the indicator, you need like God reflex to be able to block it :p

May be it's latency of controller for console that is the more problematic ??? What do you think ? I set my controller to have almost no dead zone but if it kinda help, it doesn't change how tricky it is to block light spam :p

For me, it's definitely the controller deadzones. So many times I thought I've blocked an attack, but because I didn't push the stick to the very edge it doesn't register and I get hit. It's insanely frustrating. 30 fps isn't too much of an issue as the difference between the attack indicator showing up on PC compared to console is only a single frame. Although of course, a higher framerate would be better.

Unless you're willing to spend $150 on a controller to adjust the deadzones there's nothing you can do. I'm pretty confident I could parry the crap out of a light attack spamming PK with my Lawbringer if the deadzones weren't so big.

Captain-Courage
04-11-2017, 04:32 PM
Hard to say to be honest.
I have it on PC but also played it with a friend on his PS4 (not pro)

Game runs far better on PC, where consoles must give all they have to barely maintain 30 fps, no contest.
But it's also far easier to cheat and mess with the game on PC (even if it's possible on consoles too), even more since the host can actually view all other players IP in a game and a lot of things seems to be on client trust mode.

So .... choose your pain : plague or cholera ?

Prophit618
04-11-2017, 06:26 PM
The 60 FPS vs 30 FPS says PC all day to me.

However, consoles have the higher population numbers by a good bit I believe, and if you're a hyper-aggressive player, the framerate drop works in your favor on console, whereas you have to play with some mind to defense on PC.

Some assumptions being made, as I've only played on PC, but based on what I've heard people say who I know have played on console, and on these forums.

DrExtrem
04-11-2017, 06:44 PM
Light spam just f**kd you on console.

I just got beaten to pulp by a perfectly playing level two bot. Guess what it did? It spammed light chains exclusively and added a bit of cc. No chance on console to beat that. And of course they have perfect guard and perfect counter guard breaks. Since they read your controller I put, they perfectly counter you if they want - and since the last server sided update, they want blood.

But only the bots on the other team. The bots on my beam are not only borderline ******ed.

The game is on sale on xbox right now and I feel robbed.

Rikuto01.tv
04-11-2017, 07:11 PM
Console is more technically balanced because offense is actually viable and getting within a certain distance is rewarded with unreactable guessing situations. (ie good fighting game design).

PC feels better because its much more responsive, but that results in defensive players who are extremely empowered.

It's a joke of a situation. You can have a well balanced game that runs kinda poorly, or a super responsive game with the worst kind of meta.

Assuming of course we're taking PK out of the equation for consoles. She's banned off MLG for a reason lol

DrExtrem
04-11-2017, 07:19 PM
Console is more technically balanced because offense is actually viable and getting within a certain distance is rewarded with unreactable guessing situations. (ie good fighting game design).

PC feels better because its much more responsive, but that results in defensive players who are extremely empowered.

It's a joke of a situation. You can have a well balanced game that runs kinda poorly, or a super responsive game with the worst kind of meta.

Assuming of course we're taking PK out of the equation for consoles. She's banned off MLG for a reason lol

Its not balanced, if the fastest move wins. You don't need to faint on console, because spamming light attacks is easier and less risky.

Offense is stronger - sure. But at what price?

Manlorey
04-11-2017, 08:44 PM
Its not balanced, if the fastest move wins. You don't need to faint on console, because spamming light attacks is easier and less risky.
There are a lot people who can feint on a console, also many who can parry. Do not say that its less difficult because of that, it is more difficult than on PC, that's for sure. But still, playing on console has its merits, far more people who play and less defensive gameplay? I, for me, am glad to play on PS4.

DrExtrem
04-11-2017, 08:53 PM
Sure.

But light spam is far more effective and easy to pull off. I fought a nobushi not long ago and this fight was this games equivalent to cancer. Only light spam - he could kill everybody by using one guard direction only, while spamming one f****g button. The guard us nit back up fast enough, so he got three successive hits every time. He ran and spammed again. Off course, the player was ganging up on others as well, while spamming the other I-win button - zone attack.

One button - highest possible effect. The nuclear bomb of this game.

Why faint a heavy attack? Its risky and every same opponent would use a light attack to break your attack.

Gemini-Iceland
04-11-2017, 10:12 PM
On PC parry is a real problem. There are so few moves you can make that are safe that making no moves is usually the best tactic... unless you have a move that i unpunishable like Vortex moves.

davidanderson88
06-12-2018, 10:34 AM
This dispute is eternal, and I've read a lot of information, weigh all the pros and cons. Thatís true Ė some wonderful games are console exclusives, and you just canít play them on PC. However, there are actually many more PC-only games than console exclusives; theyíre just not marketed as something exclusive to the PC.
I would like to share some infographics I've recently found on https://dmarket.com/blog/pc-vs-console-what-to-choose-in-2018/. It helps you to choose a right platform.

https://dmarket.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/games-comparison.jpg
https://dmarket.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/games-comparison-2.jpg

DrinkinMehStella
06-12-2018, 10:45 AM
im a console player and a lot of defence against light spam and GB is not about reaction but about prediction, my brain can't react to CGB quick enough and like orochi light spam at least 2 lights will hit before I see the third one in enough time. Also on console when you parry you have to start the parry at least 200-300ms before you should have to, so let alone parrying lights thats normally by accident. I want to go PC but have too much dedication and games and content on my ps4.

Alustar.
06-12-2018, 11:43 AM
Pc is more difficult, in that the competitive crowd is higher in skill. I have an easier time snagging kills and mixing up on console.

DrinkinMehStella
06-12-2018, 11:49 AM
Pc is more difficult, in that the competitive crowd is higher in skill. I have an easier time snagging kills and mixing up on console.

maybe its because who's left on pc is just high skill level where as on console your more likely face new players or lower skill players as the population is higher? that seems more the case.

Camemberto
06-14-2018, 11:44 AM
30fps vs. 60fps is WAY more than just a "one frame difference" in terms of reaction time. What it is, is at least TWICE as much information for your brain to process for each attack, which is a HUGE difference! You might not be able to tell consciously, but your brain is doing SO MUCH stuff in the background without even telling you. Trust me, if you processed everything consciously, time would seem to move in super slow-mo.

Add input lag from both and TV and you have yourself a whole other universe balancing-wise... unfortunately none of the devs ever seem to realize, let alone consider it.

Vakris_One
06-14-2018, 11:53 AM
Which is an easier platform to play on?

PC or Console?

For example which is easier to have faster reaction times on, which is easier for attack inputs etc...

What do you think is easier(if you played both), if you don't have both then what do you feel would be easier and why?

And what do you play on?

I'm just curious is all.

I'm on Xbox One only.
Mobile is easiest followed by the Wii NoU ;)

DrinkinMehStella
06-14-2018, 01:13 PM
https://i.imgur.com/HF9FmkL.jpg

I might just have to get one of these instead, I heard there is next to nothing better. ;)

CandleInTheDark
06-14-2018, 01:23 PM
30fps vs. 60fps is WAY more than just a "one frame difference" in terms of reaction time. What it is, is at least TWICE as much information for your brain to process for each attack, which is a HUGE difference! You might not be able to tell consciously, but your brain is doing SO MUCH stuff in the background without even telling you. Trust me, if you processed everything consciously, time would seem to move in super slow-mo.

Add input lag from both and TV and you have yourself a whole other universe balancing-wise... unfortunately none of the devs ever seem to realize, let alone consider it.

30fps compared to 60fps is at most a difference of 33ms and not even always 33ms as it depends on when the last frame passed. The rest of any difference is in the hands of the player.

Wireless controller or router, each 50ms and as you said tv can be up to 150ms. Here is the thing though, people are under the illusion that the console is a fair competitive gaming utopia, we all pay the same and we all have the same chance. It isn't, like PC it is an arms race to who has the best setup.

Here is the thing people arguing that the devs should balance for some people not having otpimal setups don't get, any changes made would also affect those who currently have the advantage of having an optimal setup, you will still be losing to the people you are losing to now because they will go from being good players to pretty much godly as they already have a setup that allows them to handle the current balancing well. At most there should be that 33ms difference, but the devs cannot and should not balance for some people have poor televisions for gaming.

Alustar.
06-14-2018, 02:00 PM
As someone who plays on PC now and hard to play on console, FPS is not the issue. It has everything to do with your network. What kind of hardware you run to link up to the internet and interface with your machine is what's killing most players on console. Everything from your controller, to television, to your internet network are all going to make the difference. More or less fps is not going to make you suddenly better.

DrinkinMehStella
06-14-2018, 02:13 PM
As someone who plays on PC now and hard to play on console, FPS is not the issue. It has everything to do with your network. What kind of hardware you run to link up to the internet and interface with your machine is what's killing most players on console. Everything from your controller, to television, to your internet network are all going to make the difference. More or less fps is not going to make you suddenly better.

but saying that I read an article about 'does FPS affect input lag' and 30fps over 60fps nearly doubles the input lag, most games running at 60fps have an input lag of around 30ms-60ms depending on the game and a game running 30fps was around 110ms so from what I read playing a game on console at 30fps will make the input lag higher and in turn causing a delay from the game to ubi servers to my opponents game, i'm not super computer literate but I know what I need to know about console and how to make the most from my experience.

Camemberto
06-14-2018, 02:48 PM
30Here is the thing people arguing that the devs should balance for some people not having otpimal setups don't get, any changes made would also affect those who currently have the advantage of having an optimal setup, you will still be losing to the people you are losing to now because they will go from being good players to pretty much godly as they already have a setup that allows them to handle the current balancing well. At most there should be that 33ms difference, but the devs cannot and should not balance for some people have poor televisions for gaming.

I disagree.

There is a difference between hard and impossible to react to. For those who already have the perfect setup that allows them to have a "flawless" experience, the game won't change that much. People with suboptimal setups that are now completely locked out of defense simply because of the speed of some attacks would see a huge difference if things were slowed down.

And YES, you can indeed balance the game for people with suboptimal setups, without breaking it for the rest of the community. The key is NOT balancing the game based on attack TIMING, which is a very sensitive topic in terms of setup. If your setup is "too slow", you are just out of luck. What they could/should have done is find other means to achieve balance across the platforms. I actually made a thread a little while ago about how they could have achieved it. In essence: Slow down fast attacks + nerf defense. You should definitely give it a read!

https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1883651-Defense-Overhaul

CandleInTheDark
06-14-2018, 03:12 PM
I disagree.

There is a difference between hard and impossible to react to. For those who already have the perfect setup that allows them to have a "flawless" experience, the game won't change that much. People with suboptimal setups that are now completely locked out of defense simply because of the speed of some attacks would see a huge difference if things were slowed down.

And YES, you can indeed balance the game for people with suboptimal setups, without breaking it for the rest of the community. The key is NOT balancing the game based on attack TIMING, which is a very sensitive topic in terms of setup. If your setup is "too slow", you are just out of luck. What they could/should have done is find other means to achieve balance across the platforms. I actually made a thread a little while ago about how they could have achieved it. In essence: Slow down fast attacks + nerf defense. You should definitely give it a read!

https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1883651-Defense-Overhaul

Ok here is the thing, whether on xbox or PC I can block 400 ms lights most of the time, I can parry most heavies that are not soft feinted and I can parry the occasional light, and bear in mind I am not high tier at all. I believe that those who can do at least what I can do and have optimal setups are at the point where it is hard rather than impossible. If that 33ms for console being on 30fps really is a difference maker then maybe there is something Ubisoft can do with the lag compensation, but I think changing things because some people are 150ms behind will put even most lights in parryable range only they cannot be feinted and get a heavy punish, that to me is game breaking.

On the other hand, I do get that 400ms lights is an issue and it is why I asked yesterday if maybe instead of faster lights it might be worth going the attack on block route Centurion has already and that we know Tiandi and Nuxia will have, I have also in the past floated the idea of lights being feintable and there being more soft feints in order to slow them down and introduce mindgames but, in the current state, slowing things down as much as would be needed to balance some people having non gaming televisions and changing nothing else is something that would feed right back into the defensive meta where throwing an attack first is suicidal..

Sintax.nolife
06-14-2018, 05:38 PM
Idk, but to me it seems like blocking on gamepad is easier. I mean when I have to block top attack, I constantly miss it. Maybe my mouse movement to top is too much to the left and it doesn't get registered as top zone or I don't move enough mouse. I am playing using claw grip, those why my mouse movement to top is kinda weird.

Camemberto
06-15-2018, 11:54 AM
Candle, maybe it would have helped, had you actually read my suggestion on the defense overhaul. I am very aware that JUST slowing down lights will break the game. That's why I made this thread explaining in detail the things that would have to happen alongside it to make it balanced again.

One of which is getting rid of heavy punishes on light parries. And all punishes on heavy(blockable) parries. And more. Read it properly and thoroughly before commenting on it please.

It would really help if people actually READ stuff instead of just jumping to conclusions 2 sentences into every comment.

Alustar.
06-15-2018, 12:07 PM
Candle, maybe it would have helped, had you actually read my suggestion on the defense overhaul. I am very aware that JUST slowing down lights will break the game. That's why I made this thread explaining in detail the things that would have to happen alongside it to make it balanced again.

One of which is getting rid of heavy punishes on light parries. And all punishes on heavy(blockable) parries. And more. Read it properly and thoroughly before commenting on it please.

It would really help if people actually READ stuff instead of just jumping to conclusions 2 sentences into every comment.

That's a big assumption on your post I read the whole thing myself and, frankly, it's a crap idea. I don't like light spam anyhow than the next guy, but those changes sounds like a revisit back to the defensive meta.

Camemberto
06-15-2018, 12:12 PM
Why would it enforce defensive meta? Defensive meta was a thing because punishes were too powerful, parries were too powerful. Defense alone would grant you more save damage than attacking THAT was the problem.

My suggestion nerfes blocking and parrying to a point were heavy parries are essentially useless in terms of getting damage in. So please explain how that would enforce defensive play?

Alustar.
06-15-2018, 12:36 PM
If you can't see how that's not only game destroying, but enforces only defensive play styles, I can't help you, and have neither the time, patience, nor the crayons to explain it.

Camemberto
06-15-2018, 01:02 PM
Try me.
Or I am lead to believe you lack the tools to.

Helnekromancer
06-15-2018, 03:47 PM
All I can say is that on Console, if a Lawbringer block shoves you, his light after the shove is a guaranteed hit, but on PC you can dodge that light and punish it.

Ugh it sucks that my Laptop can't run For Honor. And even if I did had a strong enough Laptop I would have to start from scratch. :(

KiahsRevenge
06-17-2018, 05:26 AM
So .... choose your pain : plague or cholera ?

Haha!!

MuscleTech12018
06-17-2018, 02:00 PM
definitely harder on PC. You need skills to beat someone who can parry all your light/heavy. On Pc you can even turtle with almost 100% success.

If you play warden for example on PC you have far, far less options : if you click a side-light attack or even top one you have 99% chance to be parried.

On console everything is more human, mistakes are common and adds some reality to the game.

Camemberto
06-18-2018, 08:30 AM
@Alustar24

I'm still waiting for you to bring some substance to your claims. Arguments, you know. But apparently arguing in a well mannered way is not your strong suit, is it?

DrinkinMehStella
06-18-2018, 08:56 AM
definitely harder on PC. You need skills to beat someone who can parry all your light/heavy. On Pc you can even turtle with almost 100% success.

If you play warden for example on PC you have far, far less options : if you click a side-light attack or even top one you have 99% chance to be parried.

On console everything is more human, mistakes are common and adds some reality to the game.

do you know why mistakes are more common? not because that was purposely made to make it realistic, its because of latency, input delay, fps all theses things make attacks have a delay by upto 200ms so lights rather than feeling like they should on PC 400ms they feel like 200-300ms which in some cases are too quick to react to. Lights are parried most by guessing or accident, I cant see the light till its too late to block let alone parry. PC is easier more reactable.

ChampionRuby50g
06-18-2018, 10:16 AM
All I can say is that on Console, if a Lawbringer block shoves you, his light after the shove is a guaranteed hit, but on PC you can dodge that light and punish it.

Ugh it sucks that my Laptop can't run For Honor. And even if I did had a strong enough Laptop I would have to start from scratch. :(

Why lie? Thatís simply not true, itís not even close to guaranteed on block shove. If your always hit by it, thatís either on your internet or your skill.

DrinkinMehStella
06-18-2018, 10:23 AM
Why lie? That’s simply not true, it’s not even close to guaranteed on block shove. If your always hit by it, that’s either on your internet or your skill.

he's not lying simply because he obviously he does not know any better if he can never dodge it. In my experience of playing on console I can't dodge that light follow up which I assumed was due to input lag caused by many of the things that console players complain about. My latency always hovers around 15ms - 35ms so its not internet that the problem and ive tested this with a friend, I know when the attacks coming and i'm tapping dodge continuously but I still got hit and that was with an assassin so I assumed that it was guaranteed as well until I saw PC youtubers dodging this. On console you don't see the attack until you have no time to react where as on PC I can see the attacks with enough time to dodge. This is my experience as a console player, maybe im getting old and my reactions and brain don't work together lol but I cant dodge it either.

ChampionRuby50g
06-18-2018, 11:16 AM
he's not lying simply because he obviously he does not know any better if he can never dodge it. In my experience of playing on console I can't dodge that light follow up which I assumed was due to input lag caused by many of the things that console players complain about. My latency always hovers around 15ms - 35ms so its not internet that the problem and ive tested this with a friend, I know when the attacks coming and i'm tapping dodge continuously but I still got hit and that was with an assassin so I assumed that it was guaranteed as well until I saw PC youtubers dodging this. On console you don't see the attack until you have no time to react where as on PC I can see the attacks with enough time to dodge. This is my experience as a console player, maybe im getting old and my reactions and brain don't work together lol but I cant dodge it either.

Iím a rep 50 LB, probably got one of the worst internet speeds on this forum and faced many players in Oceania whom also have similar internet speeds (Australiaís internet network is one of the worst in the world, worse than many 3rd world countries for reference) and I play on Xbox. I canít count how many times someoneís dodged my light after I shove on block, gotten a free GB on me at times, dodge attacked me as I light and just dodged the light and blocked my follow up heavy. Iíve also done this to many other LBs, while playing as a wide variety of the roster. I canít say why you canít dodge it, but itís a fact that it isnít guaranteed after block shove.

Alustar.
06-18-2018, 01:53 PM
@Alustar24

I'm still waiting for you to bring some substance to your claims. Arguments, you know. But apparently arguing in a well mannered way is not your strong suit, is it?

You're going to be waiting a while, as I don't care to engage in that told right now, as that's not what this posting is about. You want to have that argument, go make your own thread instead of high jacking someone else's. Not to mention it's not going to be very effective. Neither of us are going to change tube others mind on you wanting to change the entire foundation of this game. Instead how about you stay on topic?

Camemberto
06-19-2018, 08:46 AM
You're going to be waiting a while, as I don't care to engage in that told right now, as that's not what this posting is about. You want to have that argument, go make your own thread instead of high jacking someone else's. Not to mention it's not going to be very effective. Neither of us are going to change tube others mind on you wanting to change the entire foundation of this game. Instead how about you stay on topic?

I have an original thread about just that. We can continue this discussion there, since I would really like to hear some proper arguments from your standpoint. As far as I can see, you have only made claims, without backing up any of them.

I know, the devs will NEVER consider my suggestion and the game will 100% continue on its current path to self destruction, but at least one can dream. I also know, that the game would be in a completely different (better) spot right now, had they gone that route, instead of what they did. A spot where the question if PC or console is easier would be obsolete, so in a sense, it is very much on topic.

MumfordDaHound
06-20-2018, 05:11 AM
So I've been playing on PS4 since it came out. Game was free last week so I downloaded it on my CPU. Problem is I have a GTX 560, so I'm running it on low quality etc. There are times when I can fight ppl at say A or C without minions and I'll get close 60 fps, it'll stutter some etc BUT when it's at 60 the game honestly feels like the other player is OOS throwing heavies. Lights are still quick but noticably easier to at least block and parry better/easier than on PS4. I get a GTX 1050 tomorrow so I'm really curious how it's gonna play and if the game will feel slow.

Erhanninja
06-20-2018, 09:57 AM
If you have both options definitely go for PC. If you have a good graphic cards you get better graphics. This is cosmetic side of it.

I have like a 20 year old PC. I tried to play on it when I went back to my hometown. I played in lowest resolution with lowest setting it was still better than console. Iím not even joking. I canít block light spam on the console. It takes extreme effort. On PC itís a breeze. Beyond all that input lag etc. Sliding a mouse to one side 1mm is definitely easier than trying to push a stick to one way.

Also forget about even input delay on console. Sometimes input doesnít even register. This happens so many times. A simple wallsplat into heavy. Nope heavy doesnít come out. Or input I pressed 2 seconds ago comes out for some reason.

So definitely go for PC.

Alustar.
06-20-2018, 01:04 PM
I want to try mouse and keyboard, but I need to wait until I get a good wired set. I just dead having to retrain middle memory

BirdDogInc
06-20-2018, 10:47 PM
Doesn't really matter, the game is so unbalanced don't waste youre time on the game. There is no PvP balance whatsoever. You play against already twinked already skilled players and have to play catch up for months. Great playing game and graphics are superb, too bad the PvP sucks ***

Alustar.
06-21-2018, 03:47 AM
Doesn't really matter, the game is so unbalanced don't waste youre time on the game. There is no PvP balance whatsoever. You play against already twinked already skilled players and have to play catch up for months. Great playing game and graphics are superb, too bad the PvP sucks ***

Characters are pretty well balanced, trust me. It's just that there is a steep learning curve. If taking time to learn fight mechanics bothers you, this probably isn't your type of game.

Sneakly20
06-21-2018, 04:03 AM
Characters are pretty well balanced, trust me. It's just that there is a steep learning curve. If taking time to learn fight mechanics bothers you, this probably isn't your type of game.

I would .. say that more for duel. Anything outside of 2s is a mess. Thereís plenty of threads for 4v4 balancing and stuff so I wonít start here but the learning and actual balanced fighting is mostly duals. Thatís just my two cents.

BirdDogInc
06-21-2018, 04:53 AM
Characters are not well balanced, and stepping into PvP against players with already high level gear is a pathetic way to have PvP matches. Its absurd. And what do you consider an acceptable time to learn mechanics? The last time I played I lost 17 games and won 2. I had between 600 and 900 points, PvP balance is ridiculous, and so is gear for PvP if your new. Great way to get new players into the game.

Alustar.
06-21-2018, 05:48 AM
Characters are not well balanced, and stepping into PvP against players with already high level gear is a pathetic way to have PvP matches. Its absurd. And what do you consider an acceptable time to learn mechanics? The last time I played I lost 17 games and won 2. I had between 600 and 900 points, PvP balance is ridiculous, and so is gear for PvP if your new. Great way to get new players into the game.

Gear stats aren't really as big a bonus as you think, plus it didn't take long to get into legendary gear which start showing up around rep 5/6 by that time you should have a decent understanding about your class. That's where you will notice a difference. 4v4 is pretty well balanced. Most of what plagues the matchmaking is dominion matches where a team can deathball effectively and just run the map.
I would say, if you haven't been playing for longer than a couple of months, you are at a massive disadvantage, skill wise.
I've been playing for over a year on console and switched to PC recently. Because of a lamp of account binding I had to start over, so I'll fighting pretty new players regularly till I rep up. I very rarely ever get parried or even have someone CGB me unless it's from neutral, and I don't really ever feint unlockables till they get parried a few times.
New players need to understand there is work involved in learning this game.

ChampionRuby50g
06-21-2018, 06:20 AM
Gear stats aren't really as big a bonus as you think, plus it didn't take long to get into legendary gear which start showing up around rep 5/6 by that time you should have a decent understanding about your class. .

For pretty much all stats, I agree. Except the Revenge gain and defence penetration stats. Without those, the difference is night and day.

Veldaz
09-03-2018, 03:31 PM
PC is great if you can get the hang of keyboard and mouse. AND you can plug in a gamepad if that's your preferred form of control.

Only someone that is a console fan would overlook the simple and clear cut fact that a PC will always surpass in terms of control options.

However, if you're better with a GAMEPAD (key word. Gamepad. NOT console) then a console can be useful. But then you'd never practice and improve with a keyboard and mouse (or just keyboard, depending).

No one can answer for you. And it can always change. I'm currently unsure if you can bind block with movement (for assassin classes) and am using the mouse. I tend to dodge more then block though. Can't really test it right now. If I can use both for once it MIGHT be easier. Or it might not be.