PDA

View Full Version : Valkyrie, you're so skilled.

RoosterIlluzion
04-10-2017, 02:55 PM
Valkyrie players only moves now: jumping light, shield bash, sweep, heavy.
Or,
Shield bash, heavy, shield bash, heavy, shield bash, heavy, etc.

Gray360UK
04-10-2017, 02:59 PM
Or,

Someone got owned by a Valkyrie? :rolleyes:

cragar212
04-10-2017, 03:02 PM
Or,

Sounds pretty easy to defend against o.O

Ps block something or dodge something and you get a free GB

TheLastPandaa
04-10-2017, 03:06 PM
Or,

I will correct something on your sentence:

BAD "Valkyrie players only moves now: jumping light, shield bash, sweep, heavy.
Or, Shield bash, heavy, shield bash, heavy, shield bash, heavy, etc".

Those are the easyest to beat.

Do not commit the mistake of thinking all valkire players are spammers. Some of them are VERY VERY SKILLED and good players.

brainfrog.345
04-10-2017, 03:06 PM
Or,

valk is probably the most balanced hero in the game. Yes, she is strong as hell, but everything she does can be punished. (...unlike some others...)

corazondedelfin
04-10-2017, 04:32 PM
Or,

Sum it to the other VORTEXs combinations like Warden's one, Warlord's one,even Lawbringer one so common to see...

Super cheesy game...

xLeapingLizardx
04-10-2017, 06:53 PM
Sum it to the other VORTEXs combinations like Warden's one, Warlord's one,even Lawbringer one so common to see...

Super cheesy game...
I am trying to understand what everyone is referring to when they talk about "Lawbringer vortex/spam"? you mean the shove that does 0 damage and has 0 follow-ups??

corazondedelfin
04-10-2017, 06:55 PM
I am trying to understand what everyone is referring to when they talk about "Lawbringer vortex/spam"? you mean the shove that does 0 damage and has 0 follow-ups??

No, I mean the one where you end without stamina, without being able to see the screen, and you are thrown to the ground, you are hit and then rinse and repeat. If you have bad luck and you face a Lawbringer vortex against a wall, then you pretty much died. My english is not so good to describe the Lawbringer Vortex better, but go to duel right now and if you find a Lawbringer, there is a huge chance he does it against you and then you know what we mean by Lawbringer Vortex.

I dont know much about it as I dont play the character, but as hell exists the only times I get killed by a Lawbringer is either being thrown, or by this Vortex.

Edit: The guy under me is wrong, dont listen to him.

MrForz
04-10-2017, 06:59 PM

Yeah, precisely. The one combo that never pulls through if you stand perfectly still so long as you look out for the pancake flip.

RoosterIlluzion
04-10-2017, 10:36 PM
Curious. Look at the damage differences. Plus, you could say the same thing about warden. Dodge. Parry. Git gud.
Plus, warden can only do his "spam" 3 times before he's out of stamina, (if people let him do it), yet Valkyrie can do it until you're dead.
I have linked a video to prove that you CAN NOT escape this spam.

https://youtu.be/mcXq9IO_8wI

Bob__Gnarly
04-10-2017, 11:07 PM
Or,

Lucky that all those moves are easy to avoid and punish.

Blocking a lunging thrust gives you a free GB... Shield bash and leg sweep can be dodged and give you a free GB...

L2P issue.

secrecy274
04-10-2017, 11:32 PM

Super cheesy game...

Wait, what? What "vortex"? Lawbringer doesn't have a "vortex". At most he can Impaling Charge you into a wall, Top Heavy then follow that up with either a combo or a Shove -> GB -> Side Heavy -> Shove (now he's out of stamina) or Shove -> Long Arm -> Light (now he's out of stamina)... and guess what, he's easily stopped at any point (except between "IC - Wall - Top Heavy" or "GB -> Side Heavy") in this "vortex".

Yokonato
04-11-2017, 12:22 AM
Wait, what? What "vortex"? Lawbringer doesn't have a "vortex". At most he can Impaling Charge you into a wall, Top Heavy then follow that up with either a combo or a Shove -> GB -> Side Heavy -> Shove (now he's out of stamina) or Shove -> Long Arm -> Light (now he's out of stamina)... and guess what, he's easily stopped at any point (except between "IC - Wall - Top Heavy" or "GB -> Side Heavy") in this "vortex".

Yea Lawbringer has like no Stam it relies on a small combo retreating than going for a parry and hoping you can slam them against another wall

bananaflow2017
04-11-2017, 07:35 AM
Guys just dodge the sweep. Its not that hard. Dont go to places where u cant Dodge and its gg.
It also fells like i run into a "wall of skill" with my valk if the player hits a point of skill.
The Problem is that ur sweep or shoulder bash doesnt work like a wl headbutt or the conq shieldbash.
It is because the sweep and the bash are both Part of a combo und you cant just do it. You have to hit 2 of anything...
And if the player is Really skilled you just dont hit 2 lights no matter where u hit the second one. You also dont just gb cuz it is allways a counter gb.
The shield bash is not an atack option too. Soll you can do in lategame is a dodge fallowed by a gb. Otherwise you will never sweep against your oponent.

FightingFerrets
04-11-2017, 02:11 PM
I get trounced by Valk's all the time...its a L2P issue on my end. Yes it's a brutal spammable combo but it's up to me to break it. Sometimes I can, most I don't. Still makes it my issue...

SlashingElbow
04-11-2017, 04:02 PM
side step vs the valkyrie works for me. Then spam the **** out of them with the warlord for revenge.

MrForz
04-12-2017, 02:11 AM
No, I mean the one where you end without stamina, without being able to see the screen, and you are thrown to the ground, you are hit and then rinse and repeat. If you have bad luck and you face a Lawbringer vortex against a wall, then you pretty much died. My english is not so good to describe the Lawbringer Vortex better, but go to duel right now and if you find a Lawbringer, there is a huge chance he does it against you and then you know what we mean by Lawbringer Vortex.

I dont know much about it as I dont play the character, but as hell exists the only times I get killed by a Lawbringer is either being thrown, or by this Vortex.

Edit: The guy under me is wrong, dont listen to him.

A combo called a vortex means that you need to make the right guess to get out of it or be sucked into another combo if you guess wrong.. Only the Warden has such a thing due to having a versatile and chainable CC into followups, the Valkyrie is close to having one. Lawbringer only has one combo going for him and it's GB>Side Heavy>Shove>Overhead Light. And in some cases the over-head light doesn't even go through. The pancake flip can be dodged even after a Shove which ensures that you don't get stamina drained. And if you do get stamina drained, the shove is dodgeable and doesn't guarantee a GB anyways. And that you miraculously manage to get GB'd during this state, well, you pretty much more than deserved the damage that comes out of it. O_o