PDA

View Full Version : Award final stats before disconnect!!

Godlymuppet
04-10-2017, 02:11 PM
Disconnecting is annoying, no doubt about it. But for me, the most annoying thing is being stripped of you progress, be it by a true disconnect or a rage quitter.

Why cant the game upon receiving an error screen (or saved into its online statistics for any games that disconnect, so you cant pull the net plug, to keep your stats), check what its last statistics for you were? If you were winning, you get a win, if you were in Elimination, you get an Elimination completed. If you had 10 kills, you get those 10 kills.

The game clearly had this information just mere seconds ago, so why cant it be programmed to award game completion based on those stats.

Do you imagine you would still see rage quitting, if quitting still counted as a loss?

If you check any stats you'll see that a 50%+ win rate is held by about 65% of the player base, how is that even possible? unless people are deliberately quitting to try to protect their stats.

Yeah there are connection issues, but its funny how it normally seems to be players on the loosing team that leave most frequently.

UBI don't need to punish rage quitters, they just need to make sure that those quits count as a loss (assuming they were loosing) for them and a victory for the other player, not no awards at all for either.

I'm actually pretty sure that P2P is not as bad as people think. I'm actually quite convinced that rage quitters are responsible for the majority of it. I find that I barely disconnect in games V AI, with other players on my team.

McRae89
04-10-2017, 02:24 PM
I am hardly convinced that rage quitting is the only thing that breaks the connection. My wife and I tried to play for 2 hours yesterday and only successfully completed 2 matches during that time. I would say about 80% of the matches that disconnected happened within the first 5 minutes of play (4v4 Dominion).

Godlymuppet
04-10-2017, 02:37 PM
I am hardly convinced that rage quitting is the only thing that breaks the connection. My wife and I tried to play for 2 hours yesterday and only successfully completed 2 matches during that time. I would say about 80% of the matches that disconnected happened within the first 5 minutes of play (4v4 Dominion).

Was it yesterday that one of the orders was hit 350 renown? Its quite possible that people quit the game when they realise they cant do the order in that current game, or maybe the game was clearly lost in the first 5 minutes. Just thinking of the possibilities. Could be genuine disconnects, they do seem to happen in fits and starts.

If just half the disconnects are player caused, stopping them happening would halve the problem.

I don't think that some of the orders help. They actively encourage not playing to win in some cases. Don't die more than 5 times, oh right I see people leaving after a 6th death, or worse, just avoiding respawning till the game forces them to. Get 8 game kill streak, great you just encouraged kill stealing and not reviving your team. Get 5 revives, oh right ill let this guy die then revive him. Really? Who lets those orders go live?

Also what I'm suggesting is not just about rage quitters, if that had been genuine disconnects, you'd still have got awarded for what you did in game, rather than the sod all you got.

Gray360UK
04-10-2017, 02:44 PM
Not sure this system would work, in Skirmish and Elimination at least, who is winning is hard to define, and awarding a win to whoever was ahead when the game crashed isn't going to be fair at all.

The thing is, people would be able to quit all day long without it effecting you or your stats or your rewards if the P2P system was stable enough to withstand a rage quit. If that was the case, everything else becomes a non issue, apart from it sucking a bit to play against Bots for the last few minutes.

That is where the priority needs to be, making things stable enough that one rage quitter doesn't destroy the game for everyone else. People have rage quitted since PvP began, very rarely does that do anything but make you pause briefly to laugh at them before happily carrying on with the match.