PDA

View Full Version : How long must we endure the state of connectivity?

Parabolic5
04-10-2017, 01:32 PM
Can we get some sorta update as to a time frame or what you guys are doing to fix the constant disconnections? Sure I've seen you guys admit to the problem on the live stream but apart from that nothing else. I have literally disconnected from every elimination / skirmish match I've attempted to play today, can't even get 1/5 hybrid elimination matches done lol. I love this game but it seriously is becoming a major joke.
That's my rant thx for listening

teksuo1
04-10-2017, 01:34 PM
until another title steals the show, imo.

(we're doomed)

Dark.Knights
04-10-2017, 03:18 PM
Ubi always ignore to answer this...

vgrimr_J
04-10-2017, 07:20 PM
ive been trying to do those elimination and skirmish orders today for 4 hours straight and those things are still undone because i cant find games because of error codes or i fly out mid games.GG UBI

Gemini-Iceland
04-10-2017, 08:04 PM
This honestly sounds like you guys have the problem on your end. Try redoing the port openings and such. Green NAT in game is not often enough. You need to have EAC.exe also open and I even open uplay.exe just to be safe.

Pope138
04-10-2017, 08:13 PM
This honestly sounds like you guys have the problem on your end. Try redoing the port openings and such. Green NAT in game is not often enough. You need to have EAC.exe also open and I even open uplay.exe just to be safe.

I would argue that because this isn't needed on all my other games that it is absolutely a problem on Ubisoft's end.

Gemini-Iceland
04-10-2017, 08:27 PM
I would argue that because this isn't needed on all my other games that it is absolutely a problem on Ubisoft's end.

That assumption is sadly wrong. This game uses a network model that NEEDS port forwarding and such done right. Most other games can handle you not doing that or trusting in upnp.

SlashingElbow
04-10-2017, 08:28 PM
All ports open. Xbox in DMZ mode. Green OPEN NAT. Still cant connect after the last ''fix''. No answers from ubisoft either except a mod that threathen to ban me over my posts. So annoyng. One of my favourite games ever and the WORST WORST GAMING EXPERIENCE AND WORST SUPPORT IN ANY GAME EVER. UBISOFT are extremely close to being scam artists in my opinion

OnEKillerForCe
04-10-2017, 08:41 PM
WORST SUPPORT IN ANY GAME EVER.
If you want to talk about bad support look at Gears Of War. They don't have a number to call, you cant chat with them for any problems you have, and the only way to reach them is by posting a forum page and hoping they will answer it. At least with this game you can contact them even if you get no where with them. and as to opening ports as said above I wouldn't open ports for anything just because if their not open in the first place then there's no reason I should open them and I shouldn't have to do something like that on my end when I bought your game. There should be a disclaimer about it somewhere then.

Gemini-Iceland
04-10-2017, 09:09 PM
All ports open. Xbox in DMZ mode. Green OPEN NAT. Still cant connect after the last ''fix''. No answers from ubisoft either except a mod that threathen to ban me over my posts. So annoyng. One of my favourite games ever and the WORST WORST GAMING EXPERIENCE AND WORST SUPPORT IN ANY GAME EVER. UBISOFT are extremely close to being scam artists in my opinion

One thing I can think of is that you have the xbox DMZed on the router but the router might have a firewall as well that still blocks stuff. Port forwarding is one thing but you also need to make sure the firewall isn't in the way. If there is one on the router you could try disabling it for a test.

WoodDaGawd
04-10-2017, 09:21 PM
One thing I can think of is that you have the xbox DMZed on the router but the router might have a firewall as well that still blocks stuff. Port forwarding is one thing but you also need to make sure the firewall isn't in the way. If there is one on the router you could try disabling it for a test.

There is no firewall if your device is in the DMZ. However, if they have a modem plus router, there may be a firewall on either device. They should try a direct connection, bypassing the router, instead of wireless and also try manually opening ports instead of placing the Xbox in the DMZ.

iAlwaysL0se
04-10-2017, 09:22 PM
Hi! I'm Mr. Meseeks! Look at meeeeeee!

There's an old saying that goes "Patience is a virtue" but if can feel like Ubi is making us wait an eternity for a fix to this network issue. I can understand how hard it must be to narrow it down and nip it completely in the butt.. BUT, can we get more updates or something? Updates in the form of community contact IE say something more than "We hear you, we're working on it" we want to SEE and HEAR about the progress being made. Who cares if you use technical jargin, for a Meseeks we gotta be all up our summoners butts! Can't you brown your noses to us just a tad with progress updates? I think it would help a great deal in regaining customer trust and keeping us vested in the future of For Honor! If you do something remotely close to this I can finally cease to exist! Being around this long is... is making things get weeeeiiirrrrd!

Roses are red, this life is a lie, existence is pain, I just wanna die.. :D

Gemini-Iceland
04-10-2017, 09:37 PM
I think what Ubisoft is trying to fix is the disconnects you get once in a while. If you can't play 4v4 modes at all because of constant errors then there is probably nothing Ubisoft can do on their end to help you. Your internet setup isn't working as needed for the game.

Pope138
04-10-2017, 09:46 PM
That assumption is sadly wrong. This game uses a network model that NEEDS port forwarding and such done right. Most other games can handle you not doing that or trusting in upnp.

This isn't expected by any console gamer. It has never been required for any other games I have played and I have never heard of these additional steps being required to play PS/Xbox games. But suddenly, and without any warning to the consumer before they make their purchase, this one game requires it?
Riiiight...

ValdyKawaii
04-10-2017, 09:50 PM
inb4

"our data shows that only a small part of the players are experiencing connection issues".

Mean while.. a player disconnects.. game has to syncronize, a player enters the game.. game has to syncronize,, one player has horrible connection.. game has to recover connection.. and finally... finish a dominion match only for the game to crash after is over.

I would be rep 100 if I had all that lost xp given back from game freezes. Its getting out of control. It happens every 5 or 6 games now.

escacleo
04-10-2017, 09:56 PM
Some modems have their own firewall. Some ISPs have certain ports blocked. Some routers are inferior for the traffic type.

Forwarded ports. Make sure MODEM doesn't have a firewall. You can log into the MODEM the same way you do the ROUTER its just a different IP address you type.

HARD CABLE. HARD CABLE. HARD CABLE. This cannot be said enough. WIFI doesn't cut it for this game.

tbtsrjc
04-10-2017, 11:08 PM

I did of all of this, my NAT type is green and things have a improved, but the game is still far from stable. And this lingering problem is from Ubisoft's end, not the players. Even if they didn't reconfigure their NAT, the backbone that this game is running on is 100% Ubisoft's doing.

UbiJurassic
04-11-2017, 01:00 AM
We still don't have an ETA on when all of the issues with connectivity are going to be fixed. There are various issues that are impacting in-game connectivity and the development team is addressing them as their highest priority. We are looking to finalize a patch aimed at resolving a large portion of these issues as soon as possible.

AncientReaper20
04-11-2017, 02:04 AM
We still don't have an ETA on when all of the issues with connectivity are going to be fixed. There are various issues that are impacting in-game connectivity and the development team is addressing them as their highest priority. We are looking to finalize a patch aimed at resolving a large portion of these issues as soon as possible.

Yay! They are fixing it! It's not like anybody told you IN BETA that this was an issue.....

Egotistic_Ez
04-11-2017, 02:15 AM

With respect, it should have been fixed in beta. Everyone was reporting it, but it was just ignored. In one of the recent warriors dens one of the devs even said it didn't exist in beta.

When he straight up lies like that you still expect us to believe you're actually working on it?

p00k.
04-11-2017, 03:57 AM
There are various issues that are impacting in-game connectivity.

no, just 1 issue, lack of dedicated servers.
fixed.
you're welcome ubisoft

RatedChaotic
04-11-2017, 05:29 AM
I leave if I dont connect to my region. I have not had a bad experience with connectivity.