PDA

View Full Version : Exhausted Strikes

Helnekromancer
04-10-2017, 01:11 PM
In very intense duels where both players aren't letting up and attacking have any of you guys decided when you exhausted to throw out a light? It's pretty obvious that when your oomed that they want to gb so throwing out a light gets you a free hit and sometimes even a kill. Has anyone else has success doing that?

And on that note have you guys ever considered buffing exhausted strikes so players can be more aggressive and take risks instead of playing super safe and predictable?Because I'm finding more and more success playing like this, doing the unexpected and catching a lot of people off guard, usually getting 1 or 2 lights in even kills while still being exhausted.

Gray360UK
04-10-2017, 01:23 PM
In very intense duels where both players aren't letting up and attacking have any of you guys decided when you exhausted to throw out a light? It's pretty obvious that when your oomed that they want to gb so throwing out a light gets you a free hit and sometimes even a kill. Has anyone else has success doing that?

And on that note have you guys ever considered buffing exhausted strikes so players can be more aggressive and take risks instead of playing super safe and predictable?Because I'm finding more and more success playing like this, doing the unexpected and catching a lot of people off guard, usually getting 1 or 2 lights in even kills while still being exhausted.

I've killed people with a light while exhausted, but it relies heavily on them being a bit stupid, I think. If you have an exhausted character in front of you are very low on health and so are they, that is not the time to go for a heavy attack, that is the time you either play defensively or you switch to lights. Just last night I killed a Warden while exhausted by flicking out a quick light as he tried to top Heavy me. His mistake ;)

I don't think they need to change anything though, it's already working perfectly and it's based on your combat awareness and intelligence vs theirs, as it should be :)

Hillbill79
04-10-2017, 01:26 PM
Heavies while exhausted are sometimes effective as the parry timing is well out compared to a normal heavy so they often miss it and it gets through.

Helnekromancer
04-10-2017, 01:28 PM
I've killed people with a light while exhausted, but it relies heavily on them being a bit stupid, I think. If you have an exhausted character in front of you are very low on health and so are they, that is not the time to go for a heavy attack, that is the time you either play defensively or you switch to lights. Just last night I killed a Warden while exhausted by flicking out a quick light as he tried to top Heavy me. His mistake ;)

I don't think they need to change anything though, it's already working perfectly and it's based on your combat awareness and intelligence vs theirs, as it should be :)

I guess I understand your point but I just want more aggressive gameplay. I think players are just so used to people balling up when drained that they just go on instinct like out of combat run at you so getting lights on them wakes them up abit and now they missed their chance to punish because you did something they aren't conditioned to.

Helnekromancer
04-10-2017, 01:29 PM
Heavies while exhausted are sometimes effective as the parry timing is well out compared to a normal heavy so they often miss it and it gets through.

Yes I've gotten a heavy on a Warlord before, it came down so slow he missed his parry timing. :)

High risk High reward combat is fun.