PDA

View Full Version : Nerf Raider!!

razabak10mm
04-10-2017, 03:29 AM
As a raider main I waited with bated breath as we started hearing about balance changes. A warriors den was coming and we were finally going get a payoff for sticking with this bottom tier character. Surely the raider problems would be addressed this time. Then...nothing.

Huh.

In fact, the list of characters we have trouble with actually got longer. I was irritated. I guess the devs just forgot about the slow shirtless behemoth this time around along with the connectivity issues.

What to do? Maybe I'll switch and play my warlord. I do reasonably well with him, and he's still a pretty cool Viking. Maybe if ya can't beat em join em is the way to go and I should just start playing a PK.

Nah. I've stuck with it for this long, might as well keep plodding along this long and lonely road frought with light spams. I'm probably the only one still playing a raider anyway. I'll keep the dream alive. Maybe someday we'll get some love, but today is not that day. (Wipes tear).

Then I saw this:
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1627149-To-the-Raider-mains?

And in there this:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0p83F7NU6mI

By Odin I'm not the only one!!! There are others trudging the uphill battle of the raider!! To Valhalla!!

I'm not going to quit playing raider, but I do need alter my play style a bit. I thought I was incorporating it enough in my rotation, but I realized I haven't been using it near as often as I should. I need moar ax humps!!! MOAR AX HUMPS!!!

I'm gonna play this mother f****** underdog and ax hump till I can't stand the splinters. In fact that's the fun of it, I hope you nerf the everliving s*** out of him. Come at me bro. Let the raiders die at a 10:1 ratio. Slow down the guard switches even more! Raiders need a nerf!!! AX HUMP IS OP!!!

Its so much sweeter to finally get a kill after being light spammed 50 times then come up behind you with a finishing raider fury while you're in a heated battle with some other OP class. Or come in out if no where with a reaping charge and stick you to the wall or see how high you bounce from the cliff fall. I'm gonna take every kill I can get and ax hump in victory for every one!

And to anyone that gets killed by a raider, especially after the patch. Seriously, just give up. You should be embarrassed. Go down to the local GameStop and see what they'll give you for the game.

Dirteh Raider for life!

BeefMan_
04-10-2017, 04:46 AM
So do you want him buffed or nerfed?

Eddeh07
04-10-2017, 05:46 AM
Honestly mate, if I didn't know any better, I would have thought you were being sarcastic....

BigBadDogIV
04-10-2017, 06:23 AM
This thread is Win.

nagya12356
04-10-2017, 08:34 AM
I belive that the title was sarcasm right?

WheepingSong
04-10-2017, 10:22 AM
If you want to play Raider at high level you need to learn to parry light attacks. This is kinda hard on consol. If you're on PC it just takes practice. I play Raider and if you can't parry light attacks that 50-60% damage missing. Also, therese ground game combo which takes 90% of a players health.

I admit though, Raider seems to be way more difficult than other classes.

SlashingElbow
04-10-2017, 01:03 PM
Feels like battlefront all over again. Bunch of newbs that can use the characters for what it is and have to cry to get things nerfed so they can survive. Wow.. Another game getting killed by the fans and the devs

razabak10mm
04-10-2017, 02:03 PM
If you want to play Raider at high level you need to learn to parry light attacks. This is kinda hard on consol. If you're on PC it just takes practice. I play Raider and if you can't parry light attacks that 50-60% damage missing. Also, therese ground game combo which takes 90% of a players health.

I admit though, Raider seems to be way more difficult than other classes.

Yes I play on consol. And it's basically a twitch fest. Even when you know a light is coming, you have a 33% chance of guessing right and when you miss you are punished HARD.

No worries! Just played last night and ax hump is working as intended!!! I upped my ax hump rate by about 65% and am loving this game more than ever!