PDA

View Full Version : If this game was an open world MMO...

Mikky_W
04-10-2017, 02:07 AM
...I would probably never leave my house ever again! (sarcasm, but you get the idea)

Anyone know of one with similar combat mechanics and aesthetics? Either released or in active developement
Otherwise there might be fertile ground for one. *hint* *hint* *wink*

:p

Titanodragon
04-10-2017, 03:37 AM
That would be awesome. But hopefully Ubisoft does not make that. It would be in beta for 10 years.
I still love for honor though lol

Dr-KaBoom
04-10-2017, 04:39 AM
All I know is the next Elder Scrolls game needs to use these melee mechanics.

Bob__Gnarly
04-10-2017, 04:52 AM
Bannerlord.

It's no MMO, but it's going to be epic. I wasted so much of my life playing Warband and all it's community mods.

Eddeh07
04-10-2017, 05:39 AM
I adore the mechanics in this game, the pre-release claim was that they "cracked the swordplay mechanic" (that's from memory, wish I had the source), and I couldn't agree more with that statement. For however many complaints get thrown the way of this game, they've clocked onto something that I think is going to be borrowed and developed for many years to come.

I also agree that I would love to see these mechanics folded over into other type of game; something witcher-esque, something dark souls-esque (never got into them, but could imagine myself doing so if this was the basis), and (only because it would be a personal favourite) something Star Wars based like a Dark forces remake with proper lightsaber fights (Disney, if you're listening...!)

An MMO would also be interesting to see. What I wouldn't be interested in though, is the countless forum threads complaining about ganking. God, if 4 people is enough to set everyone off, can you imagine what it would be like if you opened that up to an entire world of players?! It would be back to back posts about the need for revenge mode to have the ability to set off a nuclear bomb, followed by a maelstrom of braggers claiming their unwavering capacity to fight the army of hades one handed whilst simultaneously solving the world's hunger and ordering a domino's pizza! There would have to be an actual "git gud" button built into the thing for all the crappiness it could generate...

...starting to feel like some of this community has made me sour!

In any regard, tl:dr, yes, cool idea, I agree I would love to see how these mechanics can be taken further into other games styles!

Dude_of_Valor
04-10-2017, 10:08 AM
It would be very cool, even if we just had a social hub like you have in Destiny.

To avoid ganking probably would make it so it is P v AI though. Would have made the story mode more enjoyable than what it is. Just can't bring myself to complete it.

Manlorey
04-10-2017, 10:22 AM
It would be very cool, even if we just had a social hub like you have in Destiny.
That actually is a very good idea, however it was already mentioned on the forum. Sadly, no response from the developers regarding it. I for myself would simply love a social hub in form of a medieval city with different sections each belonging to each faction. This would be a very nice addition for the game athmosphere.

Alustar.
04-10-2017, 11:07 AM
The closest I have found to this game is Tera, which coincidentally is coming to consoles soon.

Egotistic_Ez
04-10-2017, 11:17 AM
I actually had the same thought. The mechanics of this game are great (mostly) it's just everything else that's ****. Make an mmo or a destiny hub style game and it would own.

It's probably a little out of the skill range of the devs though sadly.

CaynAldan
04-10-2017, 11:32 AM
U can try Vindictus Online, bless online or black desert. They are the most similar to this. Conan too, but i think it has been closed a pair of years ago

Mikky_W
04-10-2017, 01:53 PM
Thank you for the suggested titles! I haven't played an MMO in many many years.
This game made that particular itch reappear ;)

An MMO would also be interesting to see. What I wouldn't be interested in though, is the countless forum threads complaining about ganking. God, if 4 people is enough to set everyone off, can you imagine what it would be like if you opened that up to an entire world of players?! It would be back to back posts about the need for revenge mode to have the ability to set off a nuclear bomb, followed by a maelstrom of braggers claiming their unwavering capacity to fight the army of hades one handed whilst simultaneously solving the world's hunger and ordering a domino's pizza! There would have to be an actual "git gud" button built into the thing for all the crappiness it could generate...

Some of my best and most memorable MMO moments took place in a simple but notoriously ruthless game called Tibia. If you died there you didn't just respawn at some hub. You would loose a bunch of experience (including loosing levels) and even equipped items and loot. Ganking and being an ******* in that game had real consequences. Meeting a higher lvl player in the wilderness was always a tense moment. Sure, ganking was a possibility, but he couldnt know if I had a higher lvl friend who would retaliate. If you killed someone you risked being hunted or starting a war. I will never forget the edgy politics and all out wars that game generated. That's how you deal with ganking in my opinion!

Then again I also enjoy playing hardcore in Path of Exile, so maybe I'm more masochistic than most. I just want things to have consequences dammit! :p

The game of my dreams would have the PvP mechanics of Tibia 7.6, PvE raids of vanilla WoW, open world content of GW2, and combat mechanics of this game ;)
Someone make that plx!!!11!

Gray360UK
04-10-2017, 01:56 PM
I would love it if this game went more in that direction. When you are playing some of the campaign missions, the Samurai one on the way to Apollyons Castle for example, where you take out the patrols and capture a small fort, I thought ... why can't this be a PvP mode?

We can dream :)

teksuo1
04-10-2017, 01:56 PM
i'm hoping Mordhau (https://mordhau.com/) will bring me that feeling.

If it ever does come out.

Bob__Gnarly
04-10-2017, 10:15 PM

Well the kickstarter is going gangbusters, they already smashed their target goal.

I already donated, I'm big on supporting small and passionate devs like this. Looking forward to the alpha in August.

Vingrask
04-10-2017, 10:28 PM
I was playing Skyrim and noted a lot of similarities with For Honor. I was even trying moves from here, totally confused, haha.

Now I wish so much a "For Honor: Skyrim". Really, would be something epic!

Imagine parry/deflect a dragon's claw attack! Roll over the map trying find cover against the fire! Fight multiples enemies in a tumb!

Ah, man... Imagination is a damn unfair thing.

Edit 1

I just... can't like the animation. Reason why I never player Chivalry or Mortal Online. Damn bland and ugly and give you no feedback at all.

Edit 2

There is Gloria Victis too. They are aiming something similar.