PDA

View Full Version : OPINION POLL: Is champion status worth the steel?

Extropy
04-09-2017, 12:07 PM
Pretty much the title. I've saved up 65k steel and I'm thinking if it's worth it to buy a year of champion status or no. The buffs are nice but not really that great, I was wondering what the community thought about it.

Also if you don't think it's worth it, maybe write a suggestion for some extra benefits you'd like to get from champ status.

Personally I'd like to also get a bonus to steel gain after games and maybe a bigger xp boost instead of the boost for other players.

CandleInTheDark
04-09-2017, 12:13 PM
I've not answered the poll because for me it depends. If you want to level a character to rep 3 for gear, it is useful, if you want to level every character to rep 3 for gear (or more realistically a few) it will save you a lot of time because that is 63 levels a character, I bought the gold edition so I never had to make that choice and I only wanted to get my main there quickly, I'm not really worried about the rest. If you're happy to take your time without the xp boost, then I'd probably say save your steel for a cosmetic item, taunt, effect or an execution you want or if you want gear for levelling it when you get it given I went through eleven crates and a lot of premium packs to do that as I had saved the steel for that.

Captain-Courage
04-09-2017, 12:14 PM
I said no, since the entire gear system is a bad idea to begin with

Oh and by the way, the most important thing : you won't play anymore in a year.

cragar212
04-09-2017, 12:15 PM
I think it depends how much you play really.

I play alot so it's worth it for me. I have 4 characters with 108 gear and have never bought a crate. At the end of R3 you start getting purple gear with champ status. By rank 5 I'm usually full purple.

CoyoteXStarrk
04-09-2017, 12:16 PM
Not even close.

Anyone who says different is a moron.

DrExtrem
04-09-2017, 12:20 PM
NopeNopeNopeNopeNope ...

The droprate increase is laughable. The extra xp a joke. Salvage? Who needs salvage?

corazondedelfin
04-09-2017, 12:40 PM
Of course not HAHAHAHHAA

Who the **** is going to pay so much for such a ****ty reward? xD hahahaha

corazondedelfin
04-09-2017, 12:41 PM
Of course not HAHAHAHHAA

Who the hell is going to pay so much for such a ****ty reward? xD hahahaha

Manlorey
04-09-2017, 02:04 PM
It is worth it if you want to level a char as quick as possible, as it gives you more xp from your games (though I think if it was a bit more xp, no one would complain). In that case, yes. Otherwise, not so much.

Dizzy4213
04-09-2017, 02:36 PM
NopeNopeNopeNopeNope ...

The droprate increase is laughable. The extra xp a joke. Salvage? Who needs salvage?

Pretty much this lol. Only if it gave you a Steel increase would it be worth it.

RatedChaotic
04-09-2017, 02:45 PM
I bounce between a few games so its not worth it for me.

Karma_Ghost
04-09-2017, 04:20 PM
I was about to make this exact same post. I'm finding it very difficult to justify as the only practical advantage it provides is a faster grind to rep 3. After that the bonuses are mostly useless. Bonus loot seems uncommon, the salvage is completely useless it's your first warrior in the faction, and the cosmetic differences from higher reputation colors and patterns are barely noticeable.

Violinja
12-21-2017, 03:47 AM
since this is a poll you have no right to say that the 11% that said yes are morons, that is there opinion

Helnekromancer
12-21-2017, 04:01 AM
If you really wanted to power grind on a new Hero yea maybe. If you play alot there's always steel in your pocket so a quick 2k steel for 3 days is fine.
Anything over that is really questionable. But for those x2 exp events they usually have that last about 3 days is the perfect time to use champion status.

Alustar.
12-21-2017, 07:31 AM
A someone who had the season pass is not a bad perk, but if you aren't active frequently AND leveling characters three really isn't much reason to have it.

The reason is that the big itself is nice, but where it shines is when stand in a group. I usually buy a week are a time just to keep it active. If you run your orders to completion you will make more than enough weekly to justify having it, and as mentioned by Helnekro, the bonus events make having that a true boon.
To summarize, if you are casually in and out of the game, don't worry about it, you aren't missing it.

CandleInTheDark
12-21-2017, 12:36 PM
Necromancy! Burn the witch! >.>

On a more serious note I bought a year worth when it was half price, before that I was buying it every week so I figured long run I was saving steel. I'm not a one character to 40 player, I work on a bunch at once to 7, so for me it is worth it.

bob333e
12-21-2017, 03:30 PM
I voted no.

For starters, I'll admit I originally had the desire to get a 1-year Champion Status and then just forget about Champion Status and leave it running for a year. But then realized, it's a lot more waste of Steel than you'd expect.

You might not play everyday, you might not finish every match, you might spend time in Custom Match or Practice Mode, and most of all, you'll likely be going through 2 seasonal events at least (Halloween and New Year) where they add new content which needs Steel.

On top of that, if you focus mostly on one character, it's not really worth it. When you hit Legendary Tier (Rep7) the bonuses from Champion Status are rather small and not really worth all that Steel investment.

If you want to quickly rep several heroes to rep3 or rep4, then yeah, Champion Status will help, and even then, get the 6month package, not 1year package. You won't be spending 6 months leveling heroes to rep4.

The extra loot is fine if you're looking to invest into specific fashions. The extra Salvage, as of now, is still useless.

Let's not forget you still have emotes, effects, executions, outfits, etc down the road. Better save that Steel for those.