PDA

View Full Version : I still hate how the dodge attack mechanic works in this game.

Oakleaf__Ranger
04-09-2017, 08:58 AM
I am speaking as console player fyi, so this may not apply to pc players.

I thought dodge side attacks were intended to be used as a way to punish a player when you have read but instead its just something people can spam because its dodge property is sums up the move as I get to hit you but you can't hit me. It works as just a better version of regular dodging that anyone who has this ability has no reason to even use normal dodge in the first place when within striking distance.

I wanted to see it changed so that either the dodge property on it doesn't work if the dodge was in the same direction of the attack its trying to dodge and/or make it unique for some heroes that the dodge property only works if you dodge in the direction of the attack (which is how to valks works I believe). This change would give different strengths and weakness to dodging and side dodge attacks instead of one being a better version of the other.

Herbstlicht
04-09-2017, 09:20 AM
It is an easy and guaranteed punish that works if you succesfully dodge an attack, what is way easier then parry, but harder then block. Ubi already realized it was too strong on PK. But all in all, i think the intention is not wrong.

Dodge light side = low reward (low risk)
deflect = low reward (thats bad! high risk))
counter with attack = low reward (highest risk)
block = mostly no reward (no risk)
parry = max reward (higher risk)

When i was allowed to change stuff, i would change those things: push deflect. Push the usage of attacks to cancel out other attacks. Increase dodge attack damage. Make dodge interruptable by quick attack (and with this side attack). Because, you know, "dodge" would never save you in a real fight

But that would only be my amateur take on breaking the turtling and defensive meta. By incorporating attacks into your defence, you could chain into combos and gain more dynamic.
With this, the only issue would be those "too fast to react"-thingies. Slowing this **** down to the fastest lights in game at least would make for a real enjoyable game without any stupid "tech" or 2-button-fights.

Hope devs do something there :)
Because this game really has become my favorite one on a pretty grand scale -.- Never would have thought this might happen ...

nagya12356
04-09-2017, 09:40 AM
Well I cant speak for console players cause I play on pc but in high level 1v1-s people dont use doge attacks cause they are free parry. If he does that attack he cant feint it so you just have to parry it. Only Nobushi uses her side heavy attack cause after parry only Orochi, berserker and kensei can ounish her for that with high damage. PK and warden can also punish her with a zone attack but that is not high damage. When you realize that your opponent goes for doge attacks try to bait him with feints. Just a tip. I have faced PK who only waited form my attack then she doge attacked, so I realized that i should use feints to bait her and it worked. You just have to figure out your opponent game style

Kaijudub
04-09-2017, 10:39 AM
Well I cant speak for console players cause I play on pc but in high level 1v1-s people dont use doge attacks cause they are free parry. If he does that attack he cant feint it so you just have to parry it. Only Nobushi uses her side heavy attack cause after parry only Orochi, berserker and kensei can ounish her for that with high damage. PK and warden can also punish her with a zone attack but that is not high damage. When you realize that your opponent goes for doge attacks try to bait him with feints. Just a tip. I have faced PK who only waited form my attack then she doge attacked, so I realized that i should use feints to bait her and it worked. You just have to figure out your opponent game style

pretty much the same in high level console play tbh