PDA

View Full Version : Reasons this game will be dead in a month or two.

Delectable_Sin
04-09-2017, 01:04 AM
This game has a clear and utter lack of longevity, that much is clear. Why is that? Well, if you're like me and want this game to succeed, I think it's a good idea to list the reasons you're losing interest in this, hopefully Ubi will address those reasons.

It would have been nice if they actually collected player feedback during the beta, so that the polished version would actually be, well... polished. But hey, it's Ubi, and this is our fault for continuing to buy their games.

Anyway, here are the reasons I feel this game is dying so fast, and you guys should list your reasons as well.

1. Lack of variance in game play. This is a huge one, since most people will get sick and tired of seeing the exact same stuff over and over, but that is exactly what happens in this game. Each character has a laughably tiny pool of moves, and only 1-2 of them actually work at high level play. Each character basically has 1 tactic that consists of 1 or 2 moves being spammed. Not only does this create a game that is boring and stupid to watch (killing its e-sport potential in the process), but it just isn't fun to play now that everyone plays the exact same way.

2. Defense is king. Before everyone started playing the same way, I actually defended Ubi's decisions with the game. However, after about a week of solid play, I realized I was wrong all along. There is just no way for some characters to open people up in this game. The hilarious thing about it? Because of the fact that it's so easy to just turtle up, the game is horridly boring to watch, and you only have one tactic per character that is even viable. Most characters only have a handful of moves anyway(which is hilarious), but most of them don't even get used.

3. Lack of balance. The best characters in the game are able to open others up to damage. It really is that simple, since defense is so strong. Because of that, there is a huge gap between the viable characters in the game, and the rest of the roster. They didn't design all characters to open up the other player across from them, and those characters that weren't designed that way just suck in comparison.

4. Connection issues. The connection issues wouldn't even be that big of a deal if 1-3 didn't exist. Players are willing to forgive the game for things like connection issues and bugs, as long as the gameplay is amazing, but that isn't the case here. With For Honor, the connection issues just had to a pile of frustrations with this game.

5. Inconsistent mechanics. I listed this last because it's something that most players wouldn't care about, or even acknowledge to a great extent, if everything else about the game was acceptable, but that isn't the case. Sometimes your weapon will pass through other players without dealing damage, sometimes your character will freeze up and sit there until it dies, other times the enemy's weapon will just pass through your block and hit, etc, etc.. This still wouldn't be fun if the other parts of the game were up to par, but with everything else that is wrong with this game, the inconsistent mechanics really make you wonder what in the hell Ubi was even doing during the beta.

6. Matchmaking. There is nothing more frustrating than destroying someone, getting them down to that last point of HP, then getting two shot. You've managed to play a perfect game, until one mistake, and because of the massive difference in gear level, they nearly one shot you.

The players that are still playing have experienced the part of the game that got us all hooked -- that time period before everyone figured out how to play optimally, which is nothing but spam fights and turtling. The closed beta and open beta was a ton of fun, and so was the first few days after release. But we are far past that now, and I'm afraid that the player base will keep declining by thousands every week. Will Ubi fix this game? I'm sure they'll get it as balanced as they're capable of, but I do not think they'll weaken defense so much that you can actually attack effectively, and I don't think they'll ever fix the networking issues. In short, the major factors as to why this game is dying will always persist in this game, until it dies out completely.

Update:

http://steamcharts.com/app/304390 https://www.pcgamesn.com/for-honor/for-honor-steam-player-base-uplay

Event details count total unique players, rather than an average, so take that number and spread it over the course of that event, and you have an accurate number of the average player base for that platform.

Or you can just do it the easy way and use Google: Steam users account for over 50% of the entire player base for this game, so let's be nice and do our math with the 50% multiplier. That means that the average player base (total, across all platforms) was 10k players for the last month. The 24 hour low was 2k on Steam, so 4k on all platforms. That's all according to the amount of sales on Steam, Uplay, and the current Steam-charts.

Ladies and gentleman, there are currently 4k people playing this game (across all platforms), and there will be around 6k for a peak today...

That's 6,000 for a 24 hour peak when the game sold 700,000 copies in February alone. So even if the game hasn't sold anything since then (completely unrealistic, but I'll be nice for the math) you're looking at less than 1% of the players that purchased this game, still playing it regularly.

Source: http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2017/03/28/february-2017-digital-sales-report-honor-sells-700000-copies-places-7th/

I missed the fact that Steam accounted for over half of the total sales for For Honor earlier, but it's obvious now, this game is already dead.

SerArthur-Dayne
04-09-2017, 01:08 AM
Err... its dead now because of number 4.

Herbstlicht
04-09-2017, 01:17 AM
Hmm, many points. Well, starting with connection: i have had 2 days with around 50 games without 1 single canceled game. Leavers? Yes. But for me, it worked perfect since friday. So i guess it isnt working that bad actually ...

Balancing:
100% agreed. Add to "open up" the "too fast fo react" category, and we got everything that is wrong. If a strong defence meant incorporating offence - guess that would be fun. Actually, a lot of ideas would come to my mind that might help solving this problem. Good thing for me: I am on console. Guess still way more players. And the worse response time makes for a stronger offence. Furthermore: i am still too bad for those top players, so i don't play against them.

The other things ... well, guess bugs get fixed and stuff.
Wish this game to go well. Looking forward to finally hear their take on console issues one day :/

Patrys_
04-09-2017, 01:20 AM
I want just say GJ ubisoft!! keep going with ur peer to peer. Superb balanced characters... and this SPAM of 1 combo (should be some cooldown for this ********)
Anyway today was my last day when i turn on that **** game!
Thank you very much for waste my time and money.

ps. last update was perfect BRAVO

ValarMorghuli.s
04-09-2017, 01:27 AM
I am out.... never again

EDG_Avocado
04-09-2017, 01:39 AM
I don't even have this game but i love this game since beta. I waited a few days to buy it but reviews told me a clear no. This game had a lot of potential. Maybe it just was in the wrong hands.

JediGamerFurius
04-09-2017, 01:46 AM
I don't even have this game but i love this game since beta. I waited a few days to buy it but reviews told me a clear no. This game had a lot of potential. Maybe it just was in the wrong hands.

I doubt that any other company would be diferent. They all have theirs CEO s.hits, take for example EA. I can tell, it could get even worse.

EDG_Avocado
04-09-2017, 01:50 AM
that's not true... different companies have different developers and that is what makes a game different. Blizzard would have made this game to an esports in 3 months or so.

Delectable_Sin
04-09-2017, 02:02 AM
that's not true... different companies have different developers and that is what makes a game different. Blizzard would have made this game to an esports in 3 months or so.

Totally agree.

If Blizz made this game it would have had no blood, cartoony graphics, rock solid mechanics, twice as many characters, no connection issues at all, and great match making.

kweassa1917
04-09-2017, 02:10 AM
Totally agree.

If Blizz made this game it would have had no blood, cartoony graphics, rock solid mechanics, twice as many characters, no connection issues at all, and great match making.

...and it will still have people running tantrums and threatening to quit, whining excessively about 'balance', and doomsayers talking of how the game will be ended.

Whiners are simply a fact of (PvP) life. This may be all new and fresh to maybe some younger folk, but 21 years of experience in the 'business' usually teaches you that the Earth didn't end in 1999, and games don't end because people whine. ;)

M0nty_1
04-09-2017, 02:24 AM
Err... its dead now because of number 4.

Agreed. No other games I play crash out multiple times per play session. I played for a few hours yesterday and still getting multiple disconnection issues. This game shouldn't have gone into beta being this flakey.

Also both Elimination vs AI and Dominion vs AI had AFK *****s stuck in them rendering them unplayable - I'd complete the game, quit to get rematched, and be matched with the same 2 AFK *******s. I reported them both, but they were left there and were still there when I came back after half an hour or so.

Egotistic_Ez
04-09-2017, 02:53 AM
Also both Elimination vs AI and Dominion vs AI had AFK *****s stuck in them rendering them unplayable - I'd complete the game, quit to get rematched, and be matched with the same 2 AFK *******s. I reported them both, but they were left there and were still there when I came back after half an hour or so.

AFK leachers aren't actually being dealt with. That's just a PR line. One of my friends quit playing a week or so ago and decided to leave his account afk leaching to see how long it took to get banned. It's still going.

Flello
04-09-2017, 03:03 AM
What baffles me the most is the decision to have a P2P (peer to peer) network on a game where the developers had visions of an e-sport/competitive play.

This isn't 2007, peer to peer shouldn't be a thing in online competitive multiplayer AAA titles. Imagine if ranked matchmaking was actually introduced, after the quit penalty of course. People would lose silly amounts of 'ranking points' just because a player/host got salty and screwed the whole lobby with a DC.

Many people including myself have found great difficulty completing matches without some sort of connection issue, usually resulting in being kicked from the session. Out of the 15 matches I've played today I was kicked from 6 of those sessions.

What online competitive game doesn't use dedicated servers in today's gaming? It's so important for these competitive games to have a fair balance in connection with the use of dedicated servers. Overwatch, Gears of War, Smite, along with others, I only have a fraction of connection issues with these in comparison. It just isn't acceptable in today's gaming industry to use a peer to peer network in a 'competitive' game.

Emotionkid
04-09-2017, 03:09 AM
The problem is that we have been asking for better servers and balance since beta and they have delivered nothing on those requests. So *** em! They have made a choice and next time they release a game I will make mine. I will also extend that choice to every single one of my gamer friends as well. Maybe my 60 isn't worth something but 5 or 6 copies of friends will begin to speak for itself.

I think its not only outrageous, but quite honestly disappointing that a company will not right its wrongs for a customer base. The fact that they wont even acknowledge that their servers are bad or respond to every single post made on this issue speaks to their greed and poor business practices.

They had a real opportunity to create a game with potential and a great community and instead decided to waste that chance.

Flello
04-09-2017, 03:31 AM
The problem is that we have been asking for better servers and balance since beta and they have delivered nothing on those requests. So *** em! They have made a choice and next time they release a game I will make mine. I will also extend that choice to every single one of my gamer friends as well. Maybe my 60 isn't worth something but 5 or 6 copies of friends will begin to speak for itself.

I think its not only outrageous, but quite honestly disappointing that a company will not right its wrongs for a customer base. The fact that they wont even acknowledge that their servers are bad or respond to every single post made on this issue speaks to their greed and poor business practices.

They had a real opportunity to create a game with potential and a great community and instead decided to waste that chance.

I completely agree. It's such a shame because I absolutely love this game, it's just plagued with connection issues. I have no idea what the actual reasons were on the decision but if I were to guess, it would be to save money on server upkeep? I don't think it'll ever be solved IMHO unless dedicated servers are added.

This title has definitely influenced my purchase decisions on all future Ubisoft games.

Zellion
04-09-2017, 04:26 AM
Every Ubisoft game recently has been trash and had major issues, in my entire gaming community only 2 other guys bought for honor after their experience.

I made a decision to give ubisoft 1 more go as I liked the for honor concept.... What a mistake that was, the 2 other guys have already quit because of the connection issues and I am very very close to quiting myself however Im no going to waste my $60 in the future.

Ubisoft reputation of making good games has been replaced with releasing trash thats half finished to make a quick buck.

tbtsrjc
04-09-2017, 04:41 AM
Agreed, all 5 of my real life friends gave it up but it's also the community of children that have ruined it for me. I've played multiplayer games for decades and For Honor has by far the most immature following I have ever witnessed. They're not the main reason I'm thinking about hanging it up, but they're definitely the excess mayo on this poop sandwich. Overall the gameplay can be fun so I'll trudge through it for now and see what patch 1.5 brings us.

Drekle
04-09-2017, 05:10 AM
4k players on Saturday night.... It's not dying its dead. Brawlhalla has more on ATM.

Specialkha
04-09-2017, 06:57 AM
Fot the last time, p2p is the obvious choice for fighting games. Dedicated server would have been worse. They just need to work on their code for a better stability. Quite some games are using p2p these days and it works well.

Bob__Gnarly
04-09-2017, 07:10 AM
Fot the last time, p2p is the obvious choice for fighting games. Dedicated server would have been worse. They just need to work on their code for a better stability. Quite some games are using p2p these days and it works well.

1v1 fighting games, yeah I agree. It doesn't look like the best choice for 4v4 though.

Specialkha
04-09-2017, 07:16 AM
THere is 1v1 and 2v2 in this game as well. And others games (like elite dangerous) where there is pvp with more than 2 ppl at the same time use p2p. They just need to work on their code to get a better stability, because even in 1v1, we get DC.

JediGamerFurius
04-09-2017, 03:58 PM

I'm not talking about devs but CEOs these are the real trouble makers.

cragar212
04-09-2017, 04:03 PM
Yall need some better crystal balls.

Seen a whole bunch of these the game will be dead in a month or two threads a month or two ago. Yet here we are.

Not sure why the this game is dead crowd can't seem to leave /shrug

teksuo1
04-09-2017, 04:09 PM
the flicker bugs will kill this game.

it actually punishes fast reflexes.

fu wardens.

RatedChaotic
04-09-2017, 04:40 PM
Yeah they also said the game would die in a few months a few months ago and guess what........We are still here. I've seen the This game is dieing threads in every title released in the past 5 years or more. Yet not one of them died like the threads claim.

AKDagriZ
04-09-2017, 04:42 PM
5. Inconsistent mechanics I listed this last because it's something that most players wouldn't care about, or even acknowledge to a great extent, if everything else about the game was acceptable, but that isn't the case. Sometimes your weapon will pass through other players without dealing damage, sometimes your character will freeze up and sit there until it dies, other times the enemy's weapon will just pass through your block and hit, etc, etc.. This still wouldn't be fun if the other parts of the game were up to par, but with everything else that is wrong with this game, the inconsistent mechanics really make you wonder what in the hell Ubi was even doing during the beta.

I would add on top : how stupid you feel when whwn you nailed someone to the floor , you try to strike him and he get up on his feet guardbreak you and throw you off in the pit.Simple has that

Manlorey
04-09-2017, 04:46 PM
Game is far from dying.

There are people leaving, yes, and it has been said why before - For Honor is not for everyone. There are people who either do not like the intensity of the battles and wish something more casual, or simply do not have the reaction it takes to play a fighting game.

Issues with connectivity also play a role, apparently, but as a console player I must tell you that I experience less and less d/c each day, they are almost non-existent, so I do not know how it fares on PC.

TheLastPandaa
04-09-2017, 06:35 PM
I will try to explain point by point why i do not agree with the author of this post:

1. Lack of variance in game play.
---- Like in any other fighting game, the moveset of each hero is limited but the possibilities FH gives to the player are inmense. The depth of the mechanics make each match unique with its own dynamics.

2. Defense is king.
---- I understand it might be a pain to fight vs some heroes, but defence has been allways the first thing a sensei teaches when someone starta to learn any martial art. Defense (In any of its variations) has allways been the best tool a warrior has. Why should not be like that on For Honor? I agree that FH is a game and, as a game, all is about having fun so ubi could make more rewarding the ofensive playstile, but if they do it too rewarding, in my opinion, FH would lost its esence.

3. Lack of balance.
---- (Here we must separate between medium level and competitive level.
*Mediul level:
Some heroes have definitely more tools than others, but the diference is not as big as you pretend. You can still face a Conqueror with a Kensei and still win if you are a better player. The hero you choose gives you or takes you some advantage over your oponent in part due to the defensive meta (as you well sayed) but doesnt grant you to win, specially on 4vs4 where there are some many variables.
*Competitive level:
I agree with you here. At competitive level (were are so few ppl that is not worth to have it on consideration comparing it with the amount of ppl on medium lv) some heroes have really broken mechanics that REALLY need to get fixed if this game looks for a very competitive comunity on Esport. But even though, all those broken mechanics can be easily countered. The problem is that is not fun to play that way.

4. Connection issues.
---- At this point it has not pass even 2 months since its release date. Some weeks ago i agree that the conexion was horrible, but now im very happy to admit that i almost never get DC. From my personal point of view, Ubi is making huge improvement on this regard.

5. Inconsistent mechanics.
---- I talked about this on previous points.

6. Matchmaking.
The gear only makes a huge diference due to revange and it has been hugely nerfed with the last patch.

This sayed, i do not think this game is perfect. I am (and most people here as well) very aware of its weak points that need to be fixed, but the is a huge gap between admiting that the game has weaknesses and to declare that it will be death in one or two months since today.

This is just my opinion though.

Rikuto01.tv
04-09-2017, 06:42 PM
This game has a clear and utter lack of longevity, that much is clear. Why is that? Well, if you're like me and want this game to succeed, I think it's a good idea to list the reasons you're losing interest in this, hopefully Ubi will address those reasons.

It would have been nice if they actually collected player feedback during the beta, so that the polished version would actually be, well... polished. But hey, it's Ubi, and this is our fault for continuing to buy their games.

Anyway, here are the reasons I feel this game is dying so fast, and you guys should list your reasons as well.

1. Lack of variance in game play. This is a huge one, since most people will get sick and tired of seeing the exact same stuff over and over, but that is exactly what happens in this game. Each character has a laughably tiny pool of moves, and only 1-2 of them actually work at high level play. Each character basically has 1 tactic that consists of 1 or 2 moves being spammed. Not only does this create a game that is boring and stupid to watch (killing its e-sport potential in the process), but it just isn't fun to play now that everyone plays the exact same way.

2. Defense is king. Before everyone started playing the same way, I actually defended Ubi's decisions with the game. However, after about a week of solid play, I realized I was wrong all along. There is just no way for some characters to open people up in this game. The hilarious thing about it? Because of the fact that it's so easy to just turtle up, the game is horridly boring to watch, and you only have one tactic per character that is even viable. Most characters only have a handful of moves anyway(which is hilarious), but most of them don't even get used.

3. Lack of balance. The best characters in the game are able to open others up to damage. It really is that simple, since defense is so strong. Because of that, there is a huge gap between the viable characters in the game, and the rest of the roster. They didn't design all characters to open up the other player across from them, and those characters that weren't designed that way just suck in comparison.

4. Connection issues. The connection issues wouldn't even be that big of a deal if 1-3 didn't exist. Players are willing to forgive the game for things like connection issues and bugs, as long as the gameplay is amazing, but that isn't the case here. With For Honor, the connection issues just had to a pile of frustrations with this game.

5. Inconsistent mechanics. I listed this last because it's something that most players wouldn't care about, or even acknowledge to a great extent, if everything else about the game was acceptable, but that isn't the case. Sometimes your weapon will pass through other players without dealing damage, sometimes your character will freeze up and sit there until it dies, other times the enemy's weapon will just pass through your block and hit, etc, etc.. This still wouldn't be fun if the other parts of the game were up to par, but with everything else that is wrong with this game, the inconsistent mechanics really make you wonder what in the hell Ubi was even doing during the beta.

6. Matchmaking. There is nothing more frustrating than destroying someone, getting them down to that last point of HP, then getting two shot. You've managed to play a perfect game, until one mistake, and because of the massive difference in gear level, they nearly one shot you.

The players that are still playing have experienced the part of the game that got us all hooked -- that time period before everyone figured out how to play optimally, which is nothing but spam fights and turtling. The closed beta and open beta was a ton of fun, and so was the first few days after release. But we are far past that now, and I'm afraid that the player base will keep declining by thousands every week. Will Ubi fix this game? I'm sure they'll get it as balanced as they're capable of, but I do not think they'll weaken defense so much that you can actually attack effectively, and I don't think they'll ever fix the networking issues. In short, the major factors as to why this game is dying will always persist in this game, until it dies out completely.

Hysterical doomsayers drive away just as many people as actual game issues do.

Please add yourself to your list.

Delectable_Sin
04-12-2017, 05:33 PM
...and it will still have people running tantrums and threatening to quit, whining excessively about 'balance', and doomsayers talking of how the game will be ended.

Whiners are simply a fact of (PvP) life. This may be all new and fresh to maybe some younger folk, but 21 years of experience in the 'business' usually teaches you that the Earth didn't end in 1999, and games don't end because people whine. ;)

Wrong. Go to the forums of good games, and the whining is far less. In fact, good games have people praising the game. People like you (bootlickers) just pretend like all games suck and people complaining is natural, but you're entirely wrong.

Go to the Witcher 3 forums and take a look. It has nothing to do with pvp either. LoL is the most played video game in the world, and the forums are usually full of positivity.

If Blizz made this game, it would have sold 3 million copies the first day as well. The fact that it didn't even sell a million just goes to show how people are actually catching on when it comes to Ubi.

When you search for game news related to FH, what pops up? The community's backlash, the blackout that happened on the 3rd, and all of the other negativity around this game.

Sorry but this game will certainly die, and well before it's even out for a year, if they don't fix the points in the OP.

http://steamcharts.com/app/304390 -- Every couple of days the game loses a substantial chunk of its base. The only mode that has high activity any more is Dominion. Soon that will dwindle to medium, and the other modes won't have anyone.

psyminion
04-12-2017, 05:43 PM
as long as 1 person exists on ps4 to duel me, I will keep playing every day.

why?

because I have fun.

also as a member of the greater GTA Online Community, I can say that in my experience, people will complain about anything.
ESPECIALLY things about the game that others adore...

(30+ years of gaming experience)

corazondedelfin
04-12-2017, 05:46 PM

why?

because I have fun.

also as a member of the greater GTA Online Community, I can say that in my experience, people will complain about anything.

Yes yes yes, but now tell me: Why does your helmet looks so noob? :rolleyes: I cant stand about that, I just cant, I had to tell you.

Delectable_Sin
04-12-2017, 05:50 PM

why?

because I have fun.

Good for you?

People complain about things they don't enjoy -- it's that simple. If you play games that have alot to complain about, people will complain alot. http://forums.cdprojektred.com/forum/en/the-witcher-series/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt -- As of right now, not a single complaint on the first page. I'm sorry but the idea that all games get trashed on is just a misconception perpetuated by people that fall in love with crappy games, and that happens a ton since most games suck now days.

Delectable_Sin
04-12-2017, 06:02 PM
I completely agree. It's such a shame because I absolutely love this game, it's just plagued with connection issues. I have no idea what the actual reasons were on the decision but if I were to guess, it would be to save money on server upkeep? I don't think it'll ever be solved IMHO unless dedicated servers are added.

This title has definitely influenced my purchase decisions on all future Ubisoft games.

Same. My two main gaming buddies didn't buy FH because they hate Ubi. I didn't really understand before, but I certainly do now.

4k players on Saturday night.... It's not dying its dead. Brawlhalla has more on ATM.

Ark has about 20 times the average number of players (a game that is still in beta and had no marketing money put into it at all) and B games that are Steam exclusives have similar numbers as FH. It's crazy man, but I think it's basically dead at this point...

vgrimr_J
04-12-2017, 06:05 PM
this game crashes wayy more than it should. most of the times my game crashes to the multiplayers screen is because either the host left, someone uses feats yes just last game someone threw pungo mortis and i flew out it seems these connections cant handle multiple things going at the same time

RatedChaotic
04-12-2017, 06:07 PM
Well I will comment my last time in this thread on 6/9/2017 with a.......Ha Ha I told you so and then I'll log in and play For Honor. Be looking for it.

psyminion
04-12-2017, 06:23 PM
Yes yes yes, but now tell me: Why does your helmet looks so noob? :rolleyes: I cant stand about that, I just cant, I had to tell you.
cause it was my noob helm!

http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u417/n0-f34r/PS_Messages_20170410_102601_zps6tysv6mz.jpg (http://s1066.photobucket.com/user/n0-f34r/media/PS_Messages_20170410_102601_zps6tysv6mz.jpg.html)

corazondedelfin
04-12-2017, 06:32 PM
cause it was my noob helm!

http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u417/n0-f34r/PS_Messages_20170410_102601_zps6tysv6mz.jpg (http://s1066.photobucket.com/user/n0-f34r/media/PS_Messages_20170410_102601_zps6tysv6mz.jpg.html)

Ohhhh, the creature in your helmet looks like from Jax and Daxter or something like that, a very old playstation game or a game like that, I dont remember exactly. Its like a Gremlin or something xD

I have a dragon, my dragon eats your little creature xD

PD: Nice look, you have horns, like a samurai spanish bull, makes sense lol

corazondedelfin
04-12-2017, 06:34 PM
Well I will comment my last time in this thread on 6/9/2017 with a.......Ha Ha I told you so and then I'll log in and play For Honor. Be looking for it.

Ok, but your son has to comment. :p

RatedChaotic
04-12-2017, 06:38 PM
Ok, but your son has to comment. :p

He will log in and comment.....My dad and myself just for you........;) Tho you harassing me about my son in every comment I make. Finally hit a nerve and I will be reporting this harassment for now on.

psyminion
04-12-2017, 07:47 PM
Ohhhh, the creature in your helmet looks like from Jax and Daxter or something like that, a very old playstation game or a game like that, I dont remember exactly. Its like a Gremlin or something xD

I have a dragon, my dragon eats your little creature xD

PD: Nice look, you have horns, like a samurai spanish bull, makes sense lol

I'm a happy little demon on the field of battle.
(and I have a similar tattoo irl)

Thief183
04-12-2017, 08:28 PM
The game now as a constant 7k online ppl (4.5k on steam and another 30% from uplay player...don't remember where I readed that... btw I only know ppl that have the game on uplay). constant 7k means around 15k player total, on PC

According to the event target xboxone has around the same players and PS4 around 30% more so:

15k + 15k + 20k = 50k (these are not accurate ofc.

The game is not dead and is not going anywhere (in the short run at least). This is the type of game that you need to like. If you are not good you get crushed and ppl don't like to loose.

Quake, SF5 and Unreal are ather example of this, every game with huge skill gap is gonna encounter a huge drop of player in the first 1/2 months. and then it is up to the devs to keep the remaining players.

The game is here to stay, and actually I'm quite confident that they will manage to keep it alive.

..actually.....where is the Warrior's den!?!? UBI!! You need to be always present not only when you get a huge backlash!

...btw... I'm quite pissed at the game right now too.

P.S. don't forget that the issues with balancing are different between platforms. (console paesants...)

Joseph_2017
04-12-2017, 09:22 PM
I'll still be here, I play games with worse exploits like Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3. No other game can compare in their speed and combos. Besides the game is still new and will only get better. I just appreciate Ubisoft for an awesome game and will continue to support it.

Illyrian_King
04-12-2017, 11:51 PM

To me it's just point 1!

Things are more or less boring meanwhile ... indeed there is really a huge lack in variety in this game!

That_guy44
04-13-2017, 01:40 AM
Add lack of leader boards and ranked matches to the list.

SplugeKing
04-13-2017, 05:35 PM

I have been screaming this since release especially 1. All ive gotten from other community members is get gud, this isn't mortal kombat, live with what ubi gave you for moves. I say no, i completely agree. There are only 2 maybe 3 viable moves at higher levels the rest is mind games and that gets really boring aka watching/ playing a feint match for three minutes

DrExtrem
04-13-2017, 06:16 PM
Is matchmaking already on the list?

Because its basically "first in, first out" and "we struggle to get full and balanced parties together"

A multiplayer experience is utter crap, if the matchmaker produces unbalanced teams, with players from different continents.

Delectable_Sin
04-13-2017, 06:22 PM
The game now as a constant 7k online ppl (4.5k on steam and another 30% from uplay player...don't remember where I readed that... btw I only know ppl that have the game on uplay). constant 7k means around 15k player total, on PC

According to the event target xboxone has around the same players and PS4 around 30% more so:

15k + 15k + 20k = 50k (these are not accurate ofc.

The game is not dead and is not going anywhere (in the short run at least). This is the type of game that you need to like. If you are not good you get crushed and ppl don't like to loose.

Quake, SF5 and Unreal are ather example of this, every game with huge skill gap is gonna encounter a huge drop of player in the first 1/2 months. and then it is up to the devs to keep the remaining players.

The game is here to stay, and actually I'm quite confident that they will manage to keep it alive.

..actually.....where is the Warrior's den!?!? UBI!! You need to be always present not only when you get a huge backlash!

...btw... I'm quite pissed at the game right now too.

P.S. don't forget that the issues with balancing are different between platforms. (console paesants...)

http://steamcharts.com/app/304390 https://www.pcgamesn.com/for-honor/for-honor-steam-player-base-uplay

Your numbers are way off, where did you even get them? Trying to use event details isn't the least bit accurate because they're counting total unique players, rather than an average. Take that number (15k) and spread it over the course of that event, and you have an accurate number.

Or you can just do it the easy way and use Google: Steam users account for over 50% of the entire player base for this game. That means that the average player base (total, across all platforms) was 10k players for the last month. The 24 hour low was 2k, so 4k on all platforms. That's all according to the amount of sales on Steam, Uplay, and the current Steam-charts.

Ladies and gentleman, there are currently 4k people playing this game (across all platforms), and there will be around 6k for a peak today...

I missed the fact that Steam accounted for over half of the total sales for For Honor earlier, but it's obvious now, this game is already dead. I honestly don't think that Ubi cares. They clearly aren't in it for longevity.

EDG_Avocado
04-13-2017, 06:22 PM
Please save this game Ubisoft, the only way is to get rid of connection issues , get rid of cheap p2p and implement some servers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Captain-Courage
04-14-2017, 09:49 AM

Your numbers are way off, where did you even get them? Trying to use event details isn't the least bit accurate because they're counting total unique players, rather than an average. Take that number (15k) and spread it over the course of that event, and you have an accurate number.

Or you can just do it the easy way and use Google: Steam users account for over 50% of the entire player base for this game. That means that the average player base (total, across all platforms) was 10k players for the last month. The 24 hour low was 2k, so 4k on all platforms. That's all according to the amount of sales on Steam, Uplay, and the current Steam-charts.

I missed the fact that Steam accounted for over half of the total sales for For Honor earlier, but it's obvious now, this game is already dead. I honestly don't think that Ubi cares. They clearly aren't in it for longevity.

The numbers are really bad indeed but don't spread false information, Steam stands for more than 50 % of the PC playerbase, which was the lowest of the 3, not the total playerbase, since it's a console game first and the PC version is an afterthought, like always with Uibsoft (besides Nadeo, nobody at Ubi knows how to develop and exploit a game for the PC market in the long term).

But still, the numbers are terrible, and follow the exact same pattern as the Division, which is not a success by any means contrary to what one might believe, even if the game improved throughout the months, regarding the sheer and massive investment and production costs of said game.

Teh1one
04-14-2017, 11:02 AM
agree!

ViciousOphidian
04-14-2017, 02:02 PM

I have played other MOBAs (Dota 2, LoL, SMITE and Paragon) and even if people "whine", it's definitely not 95% of all forum posts and they haven't lost more than 60% of their active players in less than 2 months after release.

The game now as a constant 7k online ppl ...
The game is not dead and is not going anywhere (in the short run at least...

I want to believe.