PDA

View Full Version : Chat on consoles

Yokonato
04-09-2017, 12:49 AM
text chat to consoles, will consoles ever get the ability to use their plug in keyboards to type?

Herbstlicht
04-09-2017, 01:05 AM
Please, please, never do this ...
People rage enough as is, we needn't all the hate in the chat too. Since i started playing this game, i blocked almost 10 players that went from more harmless verbal attacks to "i will come and kill you". I don't even play Warlord or PK (the worst was a warlord btw ), so dunno what kinda messages these guys are getting ...
They have their wow and their stupid emote spam. Shouldn't this suffice to tell others you disliked the loss?

XImohtephXX
04-09-2017, 01:09 AM
Im not one to get pissy so I would love this. Much easier to give a GG or ask questions to how I can improve. I for one welcome the salt that would flow from this open communication.

RatedChaotic
04-09-2017, 01:31 AM
Never add this please. I dont pvp that much as it is because of the rage quitters(why I mostly custom match among other reasons) add text raging on top of that NO WAY! Unless I can turn it off.

FYI remember the players GT send them a msg to learn from them, Oddgirl does so do I and many other people I know. From the crap I see posted from the PC players I'm happy with what we got.

UbiJurassic
04-09-2017, 01:35 AM
To my knowledge, this is not something that is in the works. Our current focus is resolving the connection issues. Some players have asked for this and we have forwarded the feedback to the development team.

Gray360UK
04-09-2017, 01:45 AM
As others have said, never do this, please.

Yokonato
04-09-2017, 02:15 AM
*sigh* I forget the salt that comes with free speech, just kinda wish i had more communication other than OK!. Good Fight!, and Sorry! When on my Xbox

Butonfly
04-09-2017, 02:45 AM
To my knowledge, this is not something that is in the works. Our current focus is resolving the connection issues. Some players have asked for this and we have forwarded the feedback to the development team.

All we need is some variety in chat messages. Maybe make the chat slots selectable from the menus (like with taunts).

So instead of "Wow" we can pick from "I hate myself' or "I want to die."

And instead of "Good Fight" we can slot in "Get rekt" or "I wish I could spam lights as good as you!"

You know, just some solid ways to truly express yourself. I can tell you right now people would spend steel on these additional chat options if you wanted to justify it to your Director. Honest XD

Flello
04-09-2017, 03:20 AM
How is there a downside to this? If a player is going to go out of their way to send a direct salt message through Xbox live or PSN then this will not make much of a difference anyway. If someone wants to spread their toxicity then they'll do it with or without an in-game text chat system.

Most players on consoles don't use their mic, and at least you can get across simple strategies and more variety of communication to promote teamwork. Gears of War 4 introduced this on consoles and it makes so much of a difference being able to communicate with players not using a mic.

I'd definitely suggest at least looking into this as a possible option in a future update.