PDA

View Full Version : Revenge & MatchMaking Suggestions! Please Read

HoC_Erebos.tv
04-08-2017, 06:49 PM
Hello to everyone that reads ;) this its not very often I decide to post something.

Anyways my suggestion to Revenge is sort of change it back to the way that it was but make this change. Make the revenge scale off of how many enemies are within "X" Proximity. If it is a 1v1 leave it at half as it is now but if it becomes a 1v2, 1v3, scale it a bit higher and if it is a full blown 1v4 beef it back up to where it was originally. This would encourage more honorable fighting as well that power surge that feels empty now.

Do NOT take this the wrong way I agreed that Revenged needed something done but I feel like this would be a better alternative considering Revenge was created for Gank situations to give a PLAYER a chance to fend off multiple attackers and maybe get a couple down before being slain.

Perhaps it wasn't Revenge that needed to be Nerfed but possibly a different matchmaking formula that based you on Overall K/D, Or Choose a Character to Queue Up as and have the Matchmaking be Based 1st on Gear, 2nd on Rep, 3rd ALL. I mean pretty much most people know what it is they are going to choose when they join the match its not like we can see opponent choices with gear scores so we can counter pick or possibly play another class to level if the enemy team is all Rep 2<

My opinion is that this Patch feels more geared to people that do not like Gear Scores either because they prefer to have a 4v4 game mode with no gear scores and no buffs or because the Matchmaking as it is currently is just finding people to fill the slots rather than match them up to an opponent that has put equally or close to equally as much time on a class. Imagine if the Revenge Scaled as I suggested and you choose your class to play then matchmaking attempted to pair you up Gear Score/Rep/ALL and maybe had a lobby of all Rep 2 or less and lobbies that would scale Rep 3 and up.

SevalGod
04-08-2017, 08:39 PM
Your right, im full your opinion, now you cant win a 2 vs 1! Exepct the opponents are low, or bad!:mad:

HoC_Erebos.tv
04-09-2017, 08:20 AM
Thank you for taking the time to read this

kweassa1917
04-09-2017, 08:38 AM
Hello to everyone that reads ;) this its not very often I decide to post something.

Anyways my suggestion to Revenge is sort of change it back to the way that it was but make this change. Make the revenge scale off of how many enemies are within "X" Proximity. If it is a 1v1 leave it at half as it is now but if it becomes a 1v2, 1v3, scale it a bit higher and if it is a full blown 1v4 beef it back up to where it was originally. This would encourage more honorable fighting as well that power surge that feels empty now.

Do NOT take this the wrong way I agreed that Revenged needed something done but I feel like this would be a better alternative considering Revenge was created for Gank situations to give a PLAYER a chance to fend off multiple attackers and maybe get a couple down before being slain.

I admit its an interesting idea, but there is still the problem in regards to principle in that it REWARDS piss-poor situational awareness and stupid, arrogant gameplay. In whatever the case, when you face twice, three times the numbers on your own, its the difficulty of fighting and surviving bad odds that must increase proportionately, not the other way around. In other words it punishes smarter players with better teamplay, and rewards idiots with target fixation and battlefield blindness.

Revenge is fine the way it is.

Perhaps it wasn't Revenge that needed to be Nerfed but possibly a different matchmaking formula that based you on Overall K/D, Or Choose a Character to Queue Up as and have the Matchmaking be Based 1st on Gear, 2nd on Rep, 3rd ALL. I mean pretty much most people know what it is they are going to choose when they join the match its not like we can see opponent choices with gear scores so we can counter pick or possibly play another class to level if the enemy team is all Rep 2<

I'd first like to know just what method the game is currently using for matchmaking, and how it prioritizes which stats over others. It would help if the devs could explain why things happen in the way it does -- like a team of 4 people with a total sum of item levels under 200, having to fight with 4 opponents with a total sum of gearscore of over 400.

My opinion is that this Patch feels more geared to people that do not like Gear Scores either because they prefer to have a 4v4 game mode with no gear scores and no buffs or because the Matchmaking as it is currently is just finding people to fill the slots rather than match them up to an opponent that has put equally or close to equally as much time on a class. Imagine if the Revenge Scaled as I suggested and you choose your class to play then matchmaking attempted to pair you up Gear Score/Rep/ALL and maybe had a lobby of all Rep 2 or less and lobbies that would scale Rep 3 and up.

Like said, its hard to comment on that unless we have an idea of just how and what the current matchmaking is based on.

Herbstlicht
04-09-2017, 09:08 AM
Well, my humble opinion on this topic:
Revenge still does help the defensive player to survive. Knockdown on activation stays strong, same goes for the almost guaranteed za when succeeding with this. Thats a good part btw, it rewards timing and skill. Now, stuff is a little more Nobushi specific: when i got a little space and use my dodge after block, my enemies continue hitting themselves,mwhile i can throw out an occasional poke to the front and continue retreating. If i am even luckier or later in the game, I put my fire trap in front of me after a block dodge, that's fun too
Of course, in tighter spaces, i get obliterated.
Right now, in preparation for the patch, i play with 0 revenge gear to learn alternate methods in dealing with the pressure. I realize block damage does hurt somewhat, maybe i will improve my resistance to this in the future.

Concerning matchmaking: didn't nerfing gear already help? It isn't perfect - sometimes in duel modes I play people that feel way out of my league, but thats not too often. The 4on4 modes house many players, some playing seriously, some just trying out stuff. So it's always somewhat quirky in there. But will need and see until the patch heads to console