PDA

View Full Version : Some of the new emotes need to be removed!!!

cane2simons
04-08-2017, 12:10 AM
Some of the new emotes need to be removed, specifically emotes that represent current day actions.
A GREAT example of what needs to be removed is the shugoki's new "Heck Yes!" emote. It simulates him having a microphone, which nowhere NEAR existed in medieval times.
Just my thoughts on the matter. Please remove the emotes that do not fit the game!
______
Post Edit: It seems not many people care that some of the new emotes don't fit the timeline. And they reply by saying "Oh so no fun is allowed?"
My answer to this is emotes can still be fun in the games timeline, it doesn't have to have microphones that never existed back then, or god forbid releasing an emote that shows you fake texting on a cell phone......my goodness that would be catastrophic......

Varakharne
04-08-2017, 12:15 AM
That bothers you but not the entire premise of the game ?

Gray360UK
04-08-2017, 12:36 AM
Think you might be missing the fun part of emotes .... :rolleyes:

Mia.Nora
04-08-2017, 02:13 AM
Before it comes to this, they need to prevent teabagging and pelvic trust spams.

Shugoki's new emote fits way better than those teabaggings.

MrForz
04-08-2017, 02:38 AM
It looks bait shaped but....

Herbstlicht
04-08-2017, 09:41 AM
Before it comes to this, they need to prevent teabagging and pelvic trust spams.

Shugoki's new emote fits way better than those teabaggings.

Exactly this. We play a brawler where after each round you or your opponent looses his head but continues to dight you next round. So much for realism. A few fun emotes are all right. I personally love the bow emote of Nobushi too, very much so, would love something like it as free roam emote too.

But I so much hate those idiots spamming their teabagging stuff and the like :/
But guess that's the generational difference.

CoyoteXStarrk
04-08-2017, 09:43 AM
no fun allowed

get out devs wtf were you thinking

DrExtrem
04-08-2017, 10:18 AM
Pelvic thrusts are fun and ok.

Hell ... its the only things, raiders and conquerors excel at

Teabagging on the other hand. Well ... we all know what kind of players do it. Its the same kind if players, who abuse glitches to make their heavy blows non-parryable or who choose to light spam with heroes, while abusing knockdown immunity bug.

SlashingElbow
04-08-2017, 02:03 PM
What a bunch of weak hillary supprting bunch of guys playing this game. No fun is allowed anymore. Should just go full islami mode and disallow anything remotely entertaining

Alustar.
04-08-2017, 02:12 PM
What a bunch of weak hillary supprting bunch of guys playing this game. No fun is allowed anymore. Should just go full islami mode and disallow anything remotely entertaining

I find your poor attempt at troll bait disturbing..

Alustar.
04-08-2017, 02:13 PM
Lol PKs don't get any good emotes. So I just change stance and "dance" over my enemies. Lol

Reign
04-08-2017, 02:22 PM
I don't always RAH but when I do its because I met another Conquerer. Seriously it's funny as hell going into battle, ready to smite your foe with unyielding aggression, only to see an all too familiar shape on the opposing side of the battlefield. And then hear the cries of war "RAH, RAH, RAH, RAH".

If Ubisoft would listen and deliver on this NERF I'm pretty sure you would see a tear and hear sobbing echoing from under the helmet of Conquers everywhere. Just think of all of us who use this emote properly celebrate with our fellow Conquerors (sometimes even LB, and Raiders).

Burn-The-Sinner
04-08-2017, 02:49 PM
this game is not reality, man

CandleInTheDark
04-08-2017, 02:57 PM
Given there has already been copious time travel to get them all on one battlefied, eh I'm not so worried about emotes, I already suspended my disbelief over time before that point.

Gray360UK
04-08-2017, 05:14 PM
Lol PKs don't get any good emotes. So I just change stance and "dance" over my enemies. Lol

PK's 'The Best' Emote is fantastic, it even has two variations.

In one she goes 'Mmm mmm mmm, ha ha ha'

And in the other version it's just constant laughter ...

She finishes both by snapping her head in the direction of her opponent while doing a little rar! bark, like she's a dangerous dog you don't want to come near.

Love it ;)

CandleInTheDark
04-08-2017, 05:29 PM
PK's 'The Best' Emote is fantastic, it even has two variations.

In one she goes 'Mmm mmm mmm, ha ha ha'

And in the other version it's just constant laughter ...

She finishes both by snapping her head in the direction of her opponent while doing a little rar! bark, like she's a dangerous dog you don't want to come near.

Love it ;)

Ooh I need to get that,I spent a lot of steel brute forcing her to108, won't do that with any other but it was always my intention with my main,so I will look into doing orders. I also need her execution when it comes so I have steel to earn lol.

psyminion
04-08-2017, 05:29 PM
I don't always RAH but when I do its because I met another Conquerer. Seriously it's funny as hell going into battle, ready to smite your foe with unyielding aggression, only to see an all too familiar shape on the opposing side of the battlefield. And then hear the cries of war "RAH, RAH, RAH, RAH".

If Ubisoft would listen and deliver on this NERF I'm pretty sure you would see a tear and hear sobbing echoing from under the helmet of Conquers everywhere. Just think of all of us who use this emote properly celebrate with our fellow Conquerors (sometimes even LB, and Raiders).

as an orochi I too would shed a tear if I couldn't communicate in battle like this...
http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u417/n0-f34r/Jan%20-%20Feb%202017/ezgif.com-add-text_zpsm9n2qmo5.gif (http://s1066.photobucket.com/user/n0-f34r/media/Jan%20-%20Feb%202017/ezgif.com-add-text_zpsm9n2qmo5.gif.html)
(ps4-made-gifs suck, sorry for the quality)

buhahh125
04-08-2017, 05:30 PM
Is it a crime to have fun on video games? I may have missed the memo? I quite enjoy a good laugh when I see some of the stuff they do. Heck I'll partake in it when I get the chance. I don't think someone is really picturing themselves being sexual with you when they think "hey let me do my pelvic thrust". Well maybe not always. Lol. ;)

cane2simons
04-08-2017, 05:49 PM
this game is not reality, man

We can all agree this game is on the more serious side of gaming. LMAO
On a further note taunt spamming is totally fine imo

Gray360UK
04-08-2017, 06:06 PM
I was playing my Raider once and a Conqueror started spamming his emote while we were both trying to capture Zone A in a Dominion match. So I started spamming mine next to him. 3 minutes later we were both still doing it and I was in tears of laughter, then I stopped, said Wow! and he stopped and said 'Good Fight!' and we both went our seperate ways.

Funniest moment in For Honor so far ;)

Fun is allowed, fun is good :)

CandleInTheDark
04-08-2017, 06:37 PM
I was playing my Raider once and a Conqueror started spamming his emote while we were both trying to capture Zone A in a Dominion match. So I started spamming mine next to him. 3 minutes later we were both still doing it and I was in tears of laughter, then I stopped, said Wow! and he stopped and said 'Good Fight!' and we both went our seperate ways.

Funniest moment in For Honor so far ;)

Fun is allowed, fun is good :)

LOL! Had a shouting match, decided go find someone else to kill. Well played.

CandleInTheDark
04-08-2017, 08:33 PM
I got the 'The Best' emote, wasn't that far off, and I love it, especially when I have faced opponents who decide they are running over to bridges as soon as a duel starts and find that it cuts both ways when a cgb kicks in.

Gray360UK
04-08-2017, 09:08 PM
I got the 'The Best' emote, wasn't that far off, and I love it, especially when I have faced opponents who decide they are running over to bridges as soon as a duel starts and find that it cuts both ways when a cgb kicks in.

It's just the perfect Peacekeeper emote isn't it though, just so right for the image she has, haha ;)

Kinda sad I haven't received any hate mate after using it while standing over the corpses of various players this evening :p

CandleInTheDark
04-08-2017, 10:36 PM
It really is a prefect emote for her, like you said the other day, cocky, self confident and giving not a damn what anyone else thinks of that. And the little bark at the end, loving it.

I am sure there will be hatemail enough, though people seem to have moved onto new hate trains since the last patch lol.

escacleo
04-08-2017, 10:41 PM
Remove Dominion too. I'm sure in those days they never killed each other playing capture the flag. Also respawning, nope can't happen. And once your character is killed. Permanent. You still can play that class but rep 0 all over again.

:( lol

UbiJurassic
04-09-2017, 01:57 AM
Thanks for the feedback, Warlord_Z7X. While most concerns that the community has shown have centered around balance and connection issues, we also appreciate feedback on our newly released content, such as the emotes.

no fun allowed

get out devs wtf were you thinking

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/9b/c5/86/9bc5863691433fb547f367594a6ada23.jpg

DrExtrem
04-09-2017, 08:01 AM
Whole goofy emotes and executions are not a bad idea, I guess most of us prefer to bath in the blood of our enemies.

That's why I really like the new wardens execution - it is new, close and personal and different from the old ones. Btw. the wardens spinning decapitation could use a rework and a real spin. Half the time you use it, you are running into a wall. Look at the wardens spinning the blade when killing mooks with vanguard's advance.

Captain-Courage
04-09-2017, 12:25 PM
Some of the new emotes need to be removed, specifically emotes that represent current day actions.
A GREAT example of what needs to be removed is the shugoki's new "Heck Yes!" emote. It simulates him having a microphone, which nowhere NEAR existed in medieval times.
Just my thoughts on the matter. Please remove the emotes that do not fit the game!
______
Post Edit: It seems not many people care that some of the new emotes don't fit the timeline. And they reply by saying "Oh so no fun is allowed?"
My answer to this is emotes can still be fun in the games timeline, it doesn't have to have microphones that never existed back then, or god forbid releasing an emote that shows you fake texting on a cell phone......my goodness that would be catastrophic......

The game has nothing realistic to begin with.
Have you seen how the "Vikings" look ? Nothing like vikings, except maybe their helmets (and even that, not really in fact), and that's it. Same with samurai by the way.
Have you seen the Orochi or PK moveset which look like anything but fencing, and how most of the classes fight to be honest (hello twirling, stage choregraphy and dance moves) ?
It's purely fantasy. There's nothing realistic

CoyoteXStarrk
04-09-2017, 12:34 PM
Thanks for the feedback, Warlord_Z7X. While most concerns that the community has shown have centered around balance and connection issues, we also appreciate feedback on our newly released content, such as the emotes.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/9b/c5/86/9bc5863691433fb547f367594a6ada23.jpg

Jurassic I swear to god 40% of my support for this game comes from how you handle yourself on the forums lol

Maaci
04-09-2017, 01:10 PM
Felt like i needed to chim in here.
If what OP says is true, that they try and mimick a cellphone then THATS REALLY BAD.

The feel of the game, the theme, the atmosphere all adds up and its important to follow that.
IF YOU DONT FOLLOW IT, then you break those things and then the feeling of the game goes downhill.

So i completely agree with OP. Now, the thing is, if the devs didnt see this earlier or they dont care then its kinda doomed anyway.
They might change this emote but in the future, they might mess up anyway. Its not our job, the players to tell the devs what theme their game is supposed to be, they should know that from the start.

I give the devs minus here. You should know better!

DrExtrem
04-09-2017, 01:14 PM
Jurassic I swear to god 40% of my support for this game comes from how you handle yourself on the forums lol

That's true ... without his humor, thus forum would be even worse.

And it is not the community reps fault, if the game is faulty.

CandleInTheDark
04-09-2017, 01:30 PM
And it is not the community reps fault, if the game is faulty.

Exactly this, I tried saying that a while ago that hey these reps likely didn't have much to do with the game and there are people on the other side of the internet so it would be nice if we can stop with the capital letter words and cussing and the answer I got was (and I wish I was making this up) if I buy a car and it is faulty I have a right to complain.

DrExtrem
04-09-2017, 01:35 PM
Exactly this, I tried saying that a while ago that hey these reps likely didn't have much to do with the game and there are people on the other side of the internet and the answer I got was (and I wish I was making this up) if I buy a car and it is faulty I have a right to complain.

You sure have the right to complain but the guy in the call center, is not the one to blame for bad craftsmanship.

This game is a good example for bad craftsmanship but at least, my problems gets passed on - thanks to people like ubijurassic.

CandleInTheDark
04-09-2017, 01:40 PM
You sure have the right to complain but the guy in the call center, is not the one to blame for bad craftsmanship.

This game is a good example for bad craftsmanship but at least, my problems gets passed on - thanks to people like ubijurassic.

Yeah certainly there is a right to complain, it was more the call center thing I meant and had said at the time.

UbiJurassic
04-10-2017, 01:01 AM

The community team as a whole works to make sure everyone's opinions, feedback and issues are heard and voiced over to the development team. :)

SAVAGE_CABBAGE1
04-10-2017, 01:08 AM

Agreed