PDA

View Full Version : Fighting Valk with LB

The_B0G_
04-07-2017, 07:49 PM
Does anyone else find this extremely difficult compared to all other classes? Looking for LB opinions here, I just find her lights so fast, that one combo with the leg sweep is so hard to counter, I can avoid it half the time but if she gets it once and I get knocked on my back I find it so hard to get out of it, by the time I get up I have no time to actually switch guard to defend against the next light and the start up of the leg sweep combo again.

I only have trouble with my LB, I can beat them with my Berserker fairly consistently because his dodge is fast and covers lots of ground but I'm having a lot of trouble with my LB.

Anyone else notice this with LB or is it just me? Any tips?

Edit: This is on PS4 so I don't have the PC patch with balances yet FYI

zide-
04-07-2017, 08:00 PM
Valkyrie is one of the OP classes since it got buffed. Basically what you should do against her is keep parrying and dodging those attacks, unless you are playing as one of the slower classes in which case you can't do much other than guess and parry. Once Valkyrie goes into revenge mode, she can spam light combo and leg sweep until you are dead so nothing you can do there.

RLTygurr
04-07-2017, 08:09 PM
Just hold out until the balance patch hits for you guys, it makes it much easier in general as a LB.

Although it doesn't exactly help with the problem against Valk, who has a great mixup as well as a perma-combo in revenge mode. Best thing you can do is parry her light attacks and dodge roll backwards when you think she's going to do the leg sweep combo. Even though you can dodge it to the side your dodge distance isn't always enough to cover the ground needed unless you have godlike reflexes or just predict it.

The balance patch just massively increases your damage output and ability to harass people, especially the shove>light attack. It's insanely fast and sometimes it goes through block, which could be a bug on PC. It's too fast to parry if you get hit by shove. Period. On top of that, parrying any attack (not just a light attack) nets you a free impaling riposte, which can allow you to do more damage than a blind justice (overhead unblockable) if you run them into a wall since you can use a top heavy>shove>light attack combo and it's almost all guaranteed.

Hold on buddy!

secrecy274
04-07-2017, 08:12 PM
Hard to say.
A bad spamming Valk often use the exact same combo, for example Leg Sweep -> Top heavy -> Side Light -> Leg Sweep, so if you're prepared for it you can parry that Side Light since they often prefer one side. However an average Valk will switch up with the Shieldbash into a new Leg Sweep, so yeah...

The best tactic I've found so far is when they start their spam, simple disengage with a Backroll as soon as you can and put some distance between you and her. I've noticed many Valk overestimate their range so I often get a free hit that way.

After a few parries they're often a little hesitant to start spamming Lights again too.

FLASHFLUSH1
04-07-2017, 08:43 PM
Good luck parrying lights on console.