PDA

View Full Version : Ubisoft....can we please get an answer on the new characters?

AncientReaper20
04-07-2017, 02:40 PM
It's almost season end, and the only info has been a few leaked images. My questions:

1.- Will these new characters be released at the end of Season 1?

2.- When can we expect to see gameplay videos?

3.- Are you releasing 2 at first or 3 (one for each faction, hopefully this)?

4.- Will the new characters have the same amount of executions/emotes, etc as the existing characters (since we are getting new executions)?

I understand if you cannot respond to any of the above, but I'm sure you can answer one or two of these.....please respond Ubi. Thanks!

CandleInTheDark
04-07-2017, 02:49 PM
I can answer three, two new heroes and two new maps at the end of every season has long been what they have stated and I have had a rep quote my post and confirm when I have said as much.

AncientReaper20
04-07-2017, 02:51 PM
I can answer three, two new heroes and two new maps at the end of every season has long been what they have stated and I have had a rep quote my post and confirm when I have said as much.

Ok. Thanks for taking the time to reply. I'm a bit bummed out though, really wanted to play as the Highlander.

Hillbill79
04-07-2017, 03:22 PM
They should al least make it balanced and a new guy for each faction.

AncientReaper20
04-07-2017, 03:30 PM
They should al least make it balanced and a new guy for each faction.

I whole-heartedly agree.

CandleInTheDark
04-07-2017, 03:49 PM
Yeah, I can see your point, I can also see why it is this way, they have six new heroes and three changes between season. Simple answer is maybe add more heroes, but looking at the matchup charts the devs had in warrior's den, they will be busy a while trying to get the matchups balanced in regular play and high play. They aren't far off in regular, but they need to figure how to close the gap in high play without destabilising it further down the rankings and adding too many more at once will add to more of a headache in the short term at least.

jshears18
04-07-2017, 03:53 PM
Ok. Thanks for taking the time to reply. I'm a bit bummed out though, really wanted to play as the Highlander.

There's no guarantee that both the new hero's will be Centurion and Ninja. I can see them throwing a curve ball in there since everyone is expecting these two. We'll see.

CandleInTheDark
04-07-2017, 04:03 PM
I honestly don't know but how solid are the centurian and ninja leaks?

kabal_ua
04-07-2017, 04:16 PM
It will be 100% Centurion and Ninja, guaranteed ! To chek this out, u just need to go in to the Season Pass market page, and look at first to characters with dark siluets. GG :p
And im sure, that its just cant be some casual random :)
So we can just imagine wich abilities and playstyles those heroes will have... i bet Centurion will be based on movements, sidesteps ect, with hes short sword, mb leg punch into chest :D Moblie character, almost like warlord, but more agile and less deffence.
And Ninja can throw those sickle on a long distance and return them with the chains. Also probably try to evade from the straight fight, and doing some traps and trics :o

AncientReaper20
04-07-2017, 05:31 PM
I wish a Community Representative or Ubisoft employee would respond.

Hillbill79
04-07-2017, 05:53 PM
I wish a Community Representative or Ubisoft employee would respond.

They probably cant..

CandleInTheDark
04-07-2017, 05:54 PM
They're usually on around 6-8 eastern (if my quick mental math is right, I am five hours ahead)

AncientReaper20
04-07-2017, 06:20 PM
They're usually on around 6-8 eastern (if my quick mental math is right, I am five hours ahead)

Well, lets keep this post bumped up, and hopefully we will get a response! Any type of response.

AncientReaper20
04-07-2017, 11:28 PM
Would someone official like to comment?

UbiNoty
04-08-2017, 12:37 AM
We haven't yet publicly announced yet when the first DLC is going to drop. Sorry! Shouldn't be too long now though. :D
Its gonna be https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/c2/e0/f9/c2e0f9e5e4386072d85e837a61fc654e.gif

AncientReaper20
04-08-2017, 01:45 AM
We haven't yet publicly announced yet when the first DLC is going to drop. Sorry! Shouldn't be too long now though. :D
Its gonna be https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/c2/e0/f9/c2e0f9e5e4386072d85e837a61fc654e.gif

Obviously it hasn't been formally announced yet (or else I wouldn't be asking), but can you answer ANY of the questions I posted in my original message? Is it 2 or 3 characters? Will they have 4 or 5 executions each? etc.....

UbiNoty
04-08-2017, 01:57 AM
Oh, sorry. Candle already answered most of the questions so I didn't think it needed to be restated. Most of the answers you're looking for can be found here (http://blog.ubi.com/honor-season-pass-free-post-launch-content-revealed/)

1. Two new heroes at the start of each new season of the faction war for a total of 6.
2. Gameplay videos will more than likely be released when the heroes are made available.
3. 2 each season, 6 total
4. I don't have any information about the available emotes/executions for the new heroes (but I'd also guess that we won't release them with a matching number of emotes/executions as the original heroes - but just a guess!)

Bob__Gnarly
04-08-2017, 02:59 AM
Only two new heroes?

Damn i was expecting one for each faction... One faction misses out, which kinda sucks.

bmason1000
04-08-2017, 03:07 AM
My guess is two factions will miss out. 2 heroes for one faction each season.

AncientReaper20
04-08-2017, 04:08 AM
Oh, sorry. Candle already answered most of the questions so I didn't think it needed to be restated. Most of the answers you're looking for can be found here (http://blog.ubi.com/honor-season-pass-free-post-launch-content-revealed/)

1. Two new heroes at the start of each new season of the faction war for a total of 6.
2. Gameplay videos will more than likely be released when the heroes are made available.
3. 2 each season, 6 total
4. I don't have any information about the available emotes/executions for the new heroes (but I'd also guess that we won't release them with a matching number of emotes/executions as the original heroes - but just a guess!)

Thank you for taking the time to answer! Too bad it's only 2 per season...so one faction will always be left out =(

And, as far as the gameplay videos....I was hoping they'd be released soon, so that people like me who are on the fence of buying the season pass, could see them in action. The season is almost over....

pancakerz
04-08-2017, 04:25 AM
I've heard the dlc characters will cost steel to unlock, is this beyond the base recruitment cost?
And if so, can we get a ballpark estimate so that we kind of know what to grind/save for? I feel like the cost is kind of a pointless secret to keep, since once they're out, we'll all know what the future heroes will cost and will be able to plan accordingly. Why make this cost a secret? Unless they're hoping for microtransactions I guess...

kanuzira
04-08-2017, 04:05 PM
I've heard the dlc characters will cost steel to unlock, is this beyond the base recruitment cost?
And if so, can we get a ballpark estimate so that we kind of know what to grind/save for? I feel like the cost is kind of a pointless secret to keep, since once they're out, we'll all know what the future heroes will cost and will be able to plan accordingly. Why make this cost a secret? Unless they're hoping for microtransactions I guess...

I think they would be around 10k each but this is just my guess. (I based my guess on the rainbow six siege model)

AncientReaper20
04-08-2017, 04:41 PM
I think they would be around 10k each but this is just my guess. (I based my guess on the rainbow six siege model)

Geez....so, the season pass is kinda worth it I guess? Grinding 20k JUST for the characters is a pretty large time commitment each season. Not to mention having to gear them up and possible purchase executions and emotes (if you're into that).

pancakerz
04-08-2017, 08:49 PM

My assumptions is that they would be in the 30-50k range in order to validate those who purchased the season pass. Also because I like to plan for the worst and hope for the best. Which is why I've saved up pretty much all of my steel thus far and have about 35k. I want to immediately be able to purchase at least one of the new heroes, plus probably an emote and/or execution.
Though now that I think about it, that is quite expensive. maybe 20-30k.

SteampunkJester
04-08-2017, 09:35 PM
My assumptions is that they would be in the 30-50k range in order to validate those who purchased the season pass. Also because I like to plan for the worst and hope for the best. Which is why I've saved up pretty much all of my steel thus far and have about 35k. I want to immediately be able to purchase at least one of the new heroes, plus probably an emote and/or execution.
Though now that I think about it, that is quite expensive. maybe 20-30k.

I'm also following this mindset, obviously they need to validate the season pass, but as far as I'm concerned if they cost more than 25,000. Then I'm gonna wait until all the characters are out then buy the one I like the most (better than wasting that amount of steel on a character I don't like playing as).