PDA

View Full Version : Do not start punishing players for leaving games until you fix game breaking issue

End_My_Life12
04-07-2017, 07:07 AM
I'm sure everyone on this forum has run into people playing the game who say they are "playing with honor". This basically means they go into 4v4 modes, and refuse to help their team in any way at all, and will happily watch you get executed, or refuse to revive you all in the name of "honor".

Of course some people, like myself, absolutely hate having teammates who actively hurt the team by playing by special rules. I quit every single game I get into where a teammate won't revive teammates, or will just stand back and watch them die when they could have easily prevented the death with a single GB.

You can't punish people for leaving matches while still doing nothing about players who are actively pushing me to leave, because why on earth would I want to stay with a teammate who makes it clear they don't care about playing as a team? I don't know what the solution would be, but find one, because this is game breaking in team modes

CoyoteXStarrk
04-07-2017, 07:42 AM
I'm sure everyone on this forum has run into people playing the game who say they are "playing with honor". This basically means they go into 4v4 modes, and refuse to help their team in any way at all, and will happily watch you get executed, or refuse to revive you all in the name of "honor".

Of course some people, like myself, absolutely hate having teammates who actively hurt the team by playing by special rules. I quit every single game I get into where a teammate won't revive teammates, or will just stand back and watch them die when they could have easily prevented the death with a single GB.

You can't punish people for leaving matches while still doing nothing about players who are actively pushing me to leave, because why on earth would I want to stay with a teammate who makes it clear they don't care about playing as a team? I don't know what the solution would be, but find one, because this is game breaking in team modes

Yeah.

How DARE those people play the game THEY payed for however they want and not play how you want them to play.

What jerks *smh*

RunnerRunner22
04-07-2017, 07:52 AM

No one is pushing you to leave, you're just being childish. I hope this kind of behavior gets punished soon.

The_B0G_
04-07-2017, 07:53 AM
You both have your points, but I more so agree with the OP, it's pretty frustrating when you rush in to help a teammate who's getting beat, who then sits off to the side and watches you getting beat down by the enemies revenge mode, waits until you die, then gets killed too.

If you want to 1v1 every person I just don't know why you don't play Duels... even Brawls usually are fought "honorably".

All it does is hurt the team in 4v4.

Not saying you should leave every time, I just agree about the play style being borderline reportable, it can definitely ruin matches, most of the time these 1v1 honor guys aren't very good and lose most of the fights, otherwise it wouldn't be a problem.

End_My_Life12
04-07-2017, 07:59 AM
Go to duels if you want to play the way you want. Is it such a shocker that TEAM based modes don't want you on their TEAM if you refuse to use TEAMwork?

bmason1000
04-07-2017, 07:59 AM
I don't understand how people doing that even enjoy dominion. If i backed out of every fight that turned in to a 2v1 or more, I'd barely be playing at all.

The_B0G_
04-07-2017, 08:00 AM
I think a bigger issue about these "ragequit" penalties is when one of your party members gets kicked at the start of a match, the others in the party get punished for joining him and quitting due to server stability? That doesn't seem very... honorable lol

CoyoteXStarrk
04-07-2017, 08:09 AM
Go to duels if you want to play the way you want. Is it such a shocker that TEAM based modes don't want you on their TEAM if you refuse to use TEAMwork?

Nope.

I payed for my game and I will play however I want :)

End_My_Life12
04-07-2017, 08:15 AM
No one is pushing you to leave, you're just being childish. I hope this kind of behavior gets punished soon.

Yes, they are. Why on earth would I want to stay with teammates who are refusing to actually work as a team, and actively making us lose because of it?

End_My_Life12
04-07-2017, 08:24 AM
Nope.

I payed for my game and I will play however I want :)

I also payed for my game, and I'll keep leaving when I get matched with people like you who contribute nothing to the team

CoyoteXStarrk
04-07-2017, 08:34 AM
I also payed for my game, and I'll keep leaving when I get matched with people like you who contribute nothing to the team

Then you will be punished for ragequitting when they get around to implementing the punishments.

End_My_Life12
04-07-2017, 08:36 AM
Then you will be punished for ragequitting when they get around to implementing the punishments.

Enjoy being punished for griefing then, because not helping your teammates is griefing

CoyoteXStarrk
04-07-2017, 08:56 AM
Enjoy being punished for griefing then, because not helping your teammates is griefing

You do realize that by not jumping into fights we actually help by not instantly giving the enemy Revenge.

Under the new patch it might be different, but pre patch if you were getting your butt kicked and I dove it to try and help not only would you still probably die. But then I am stuck fighting a pissed off and revenged enemy.

Not to mention the numerous other issues that arise from jumping into other peoples fights

- Getting my combos consistently interrupted because my teammate keeps wildly swing for the fences

- My teammate then leaving ME behind as a decoy once the enemy pops revenge.

- If I jump in and lose then we are down TWO people instead of just one.

Yeah no thanks. My time would be better spent capping another objective or waiting to eliminate the enemy when they are NOT wildly buffed up with revenge stats. You dying and waiting 13-15secs is not worth me handing the enemy a possible double kill.

I get that you are butthurt that some people play For Honor with ACTUAL HONOR, but don't confuse Honor with playing smart.

So you can call it "griefing" if you want I call it you being mad you can't 1v1 without help and you are shifting the blame.

End_My_Life12
04-07-2017, 09:15 AM
You do realize that by not jumping into fights we actually help by not instantly giving the enemy Revenge.

Under the new patch it might be different, but pre patch if you were getting your butt kicked and I dove it to try and help not only would you still probably die. But then I am stuck fighting a pissed off and revenged enemy.

Not to mention the numerous other issues that arise from jumping into other peoples fights

- Getting my combos consistently interrupted because my teammate keeps wildly swing for the fences

- My teammate then leaving ME behind as a decoy once the enemy pops revenge.

- If I jump in and lose then we are down TWO people instead of just one.

Yeah no thanks. My time would be better spent capping another objective or waiting to eliminate the enemy when they are NOT wildly buffed up with revenge stats. You dying and waiting 13-15secs is not worth me handing the enemy a possible double kill.

I get that you are butthurt that some people play For Honor with ACTUAL HONOR, but don't confuse Honor with playing smart.

So you can call it "griefing" if you want I call it you being mad you can't 1v1 without help and you are shifting the blame.

There's nothing wrong with not wanting to feed revenge. There's everything wrong with watching the enemy get revenge and then doing nothing to help.

If we're playing elimination and you just stand back and watch me fight someone with both an attack and shield buff you're not watching some honorable 1v1, you're watching me fight an uphill battle that my team should be trying to help.

You genuinely have something wrong with you if you think you need to play the game by special rules because it has honor in the title, it's beyond stupid that you think like this

RunnerRunner22
04-07-2017, 09:18 AM
I am not debating if not interfering in a fight is right or wrong. Both sides have good points. However, quitting is never justified. You are ruining the match for 7 players, just because 1 or 2 don't play the way you want them to. That is incredibly selfish and should be punished.

End_My_Life12
04-07-2017, 09:27 AM
I am not debating if not interfering in a fight is right or wrong. Both sides have good points. However, quitting is never justified. You are ruining the match for 7 players, just because 1 or 2 don't play the way you want them to. That is incredibly selfish and should be punished.

Why should I stay on a team that will not revive me if I die, will not help me if I'm losing a fight, and will not contribute anything to the team because they want to duel in 4v4 modes? I revive my teammates, if I see a teammate is about to die I throw the enemy away and tell my teammate to go get health. If a teammate is being executed I interrupt it so I can revive them. Basically I do everything that should be common sense for a teammate to do.

So again, why on earth should I stay with a team that will not actually cooperate as a team? I'm leaving because one or two players are ruining the match for me. I have no reason to play with someone who is happy letting the team lose because they want to treat 4v4 modes as duels

CoyoteXStarrk
04-07-2017, 09:30 AM
There's nothing wrong with not wanting to feed revenge. There's everything wrong with watching the enemy get revenge and then doing nothing to help.

If we're playing elimination and you just stand back and watch me fight someone with both an attack and shield buff you're not watching some honorable 1v1, you're watching me fight an uphill battle that my team should be trying to help.

You genuinely have something wrong with you if you think you need to play the game by special rules because it has honor in the title, it's beyond stupid that you think like this

You play how you wanna play.

I will play how I wanna play.

:)

End_My_Life12
04-07-2017, 09:31 AM
You play how you wanna play.

I will play how I wanna play.

:)

Go play duels if you want 1v1s. You clearly are not interested in team play, so go to duels, it's literally the mode for you

CoyoteXStarrk
04-07-2017, 09:34 AM
Go play duels if you want 1v1s. You clearly are not interested in team play, so go to duels, it's literally the mode for you

No thanks.

I bought the game I will play any game mode I want however I want.

End_My_Life12
04-07-2017, 09:39 AM
No thanks.

I bought the game I will play any game mode I want however I want.

Then I'll just keep quitting, punishment or not. There's always someone on the spectrum having to ruin online games I suppose

CoyoteXStarrk
04-07-2017, 09:44 AM
Then I'll just keep quitting, punishment or not. There's always someone on the spectrum having to ruin online games I suppose

In your opinion lol

Not everyone see it your way believe it or not

RunnerRunner22
04-07-2017, 09:48 AM
I'm leaving because one or two players are ruining the match for me. I have no reason to play with someone who is happy letting the team lose because they want to treat 4v4 modes as duels

Exactly, you're acting very selfish. What about the others? It is not okay when you destabilize the match, maybe even crash it, just because you don't agree with the behavior of some. Guess what, I am annoyed by my teammates all the time. But I don't quit, I try to make the best out of it. You cannot play with randoms and expect teamwork or even reasonable behavior. That's just how things are when playing online. Man up and deal with it.

End_My_Life12
04-07-2017, 09:52 AM
Exactly, you're acting very selfish. What about the others? It is not okay when you destabilize the match, maybe even crash it, just because you don't agree with the behavior of some. Guess what, I am annoyed by my teammates all the time. But I don't quit, I try to make the best out of it. You cannot play with randoms and expect teamwork or even reasonable behavior. That's just how things are when playing online. Man up and deal with it.

Why is it that I'm selfish for wanting a team that will actually play as a team? Also blame ubisoft for the match destabilizing, that's on their end, not mine.
You keep saying that I'm selfish for wanting to quit, but you completely give a free pass to others for being selfish by going into team based games and refusing to act as a team. Guess what, I would not quit if my teammates weren't going into team based modes to try to duel

CoyoteXStarrk
04-07-2017, 10:01 AM
Why is it that I'm selfish for wanting a team that will actually play as a team? Also blame ubisoft for the match destabilizing, that's on their end, not mine.
You keep saying that I'm selfish for wanting to quit, but you completely give a free pass to others for being selfish by going into team based games and refusing to act as a team. Guess what, I would not quit if my teammates weren't going into team based modes to try to duel

Because thats how you wanna play.

Not everyone has to play your way.

You ARE being selfish for thinking that

End_My_Life12
04-07-2017, 10:03 AM
Because thats how you wanna play.

Not everyone has to play your way.

You ARE being selfish for thinking that

Oh but you're not being selfish for thinking you have a right to go into team modes, not play as a team, and make me deal with it? Do you not see the irony at all?

CoyoteXStarrk
04-07-2017, 10:16 AM
Oh but you're not being selfish for thinking you have a right to go into team modes, not play as a team, and make me deal with it? Do you not see the irony at all?

I have said it like 4 times now.

You play how you wanna play and I will play how I wanna play.

I could care less how you wanna play.

End_My_Life12
04-07-2017, 10:21 AM
I have said it like 4 times now.

You play how you wanna play and I will play how I wanna play.

I could care less how you wanna play.

You care enough to act as if I'm the selfish one when you're literally destroying team based modes by refusing to play as a team.

Also you totally don't care about anything mr "I'll quit if people hit me while I bow". Seems like you're selfish for that huh?

CoyoteXStarrk
04-07-2017, 10:24 AM
You care enough to act as if I'm the selfish one when you're literally destroying team based modes by refusing to play as a team.

Also you totally don't care about anything mr "I'll quit if people hit me while I bow". Seems like you're selfish for that huh?

I honestly can't believe people took that thread that serious lol

I leave VERY rarely.

You leave when you think people aren't playing the way you wanna play ANYTIME they do it. You are the worse here.

RunnerRunner22
04-07-2017, 10:29 AM

Yes, it could be argued that they are being selfish, too. But again, what about the others? You don't seem to care about them at all. That's being selfish.

End_My_Life12
04-07-2017, 10:29 AM
I honestly can't believe people took that thread that serious lol

I leave VERY rarely.

You leave when you think people aren't playing the way you wanna play ANYTIME they do it. You are the worse here.

I leave when teammates actually show they aren't interested in playing as a team. If I'm fighting someone and they get revenge and my teammate does nothing but emote as they kill and execute me, of course I'm leaving because there's no reason to stay on a team that won't play as a team. The same goes for if someone refuses to revive teammates even though they have the time and are not already fighting someone.

You get to play how you want, there are specific modes for playing how you want. Want to play duels with no helping teammates? Go into duels or 2v2. There's no reason for you to try enforcing 1v1s in a 4v4 mode.

CoyoteXStarrk
04-07-2017, 10:33 AM
I leave when teammates actually show they aren't interested in playing as a team. If I'm fighting someone and they get revenge and my teammate does nothing but emote as they kill and execute me, of course I'm leaving because there's no reason to stay on a team that won't play as a team. The same goes for if someone refuses to revive teammates even though they have the time and are not already fighting someone.

You get to play how you want, there are specific modes for playing how you want. Want to play duels with no helping teammates? Go into duels or 2v2. There's no reason for you to try enforcing 1v1s in a 4v4 mode.

No thanks.

I bought the game I will play how I want. Deal with it.

End_My_Life12
04-07-2017, 10:34 AM
Yes, it could be argued that they are being selfish, too. But again, what about the others? You don't seem to care about them at all. That's being selfish.

I couldn't help but notice your Siege profile pic. Want to play a game together? I hope you don't mind, but my personal play style is I won't armor the objective room, I'll roam two floors above the room, and I'll only fight people who come to me. If you go down and want me to revive you you're out of luck, that's not my play style. Yes I'll pick doc and could revive you easily, but I save those darts for me, because it's the way I want to play. Also I pick thermite because I love his gun, but I don't like using his charges, so it's someone else's responsibility to breach an armored wall, not mine. And I don't play the objective, I strictly run and gun, yes I could grab the hostage and win, but I'd rather strictly play for kills.

So are you telling me that you would like to play with someone like this in siege, over and over and over again, and never quit even though they are costing you the game? You don't want to quit in siege when you see you're paired with a teammate who is actively ruining the game for your entire team? You think they people should be free to just ruin the game because it's "the way they wanna play"?

End_My_Life12
04-07-2017, 10:36 AM
No thanks.

I bought the game I will play how I want. Deal with it.

I'll just keep quitting. Deal with it and enjoy the bot, and or the game crashing because of it.

CoyoteXStarrk
04-07-2017, 10:38 AM
I'll just keep quitting. Deal with it and enjoy the bot, and or the game crashing because of it.

Enjoy the punishment when it comes then lol