PDA

View Full Version : So WTF is revenge still a thing in 1v1?

Vrbas1
04-07-2017, 05:15 AM
... there's no way they could have missed this.

**EDIT**
I mean Duel Mode, not any type of 4v4 or 2v2.

Gray360UK
04-07-2017, 12:50 PM

Realistically they did nothing to change Revenge Gain assuming you are injuring your enemy or he is defending and has both of those Revenge Gain stats maxed on his Gear. Of course the resulting Revenge is now weaker, but that doesn't make it okay. Next patch maybe.

Prophit618
04-07-2017, 03:09 PM
Realistically they did nothing to change Revenge Gain assuming you are injuring your enemy or he is defending and has both of those Revenge Gain stats maxed on his Gear. Of course the resulting Revenge is now weaker, but that doesn't make it okay. Next patch maybe.

One small change that will help in 1v1s. They've made it so that Revenge Gain By Defense only gives you revenge when you block, and Revenge Gain By Injury only gives you revenge when you get outright hit.

Previously, By Defense would give you revenge meter when you got hit flat out. And By Injury would give you some for damage you take while blocking. It should result in slower revenge gains in 1v1, even if it won't eliminate them.

Gray360UK
04-07-2017, 03:25 PM
One small change that will help in 1v1s. They've made it so that Revenge Gain By Defense only gives you revenge when you block, and Revenge Gain By Injury only gives you revenge when you get outright hit.

Previously, By Defense would give you revenge meter when you got hit flat out. And By Injury would give you some for damage you take while blocking. It should result in slower revenge gains in 1v1, even if it won't eliminate them.

Yep thats why I added the "assuming you are injuring your enemy or he is defending" part :)

In some 1 vs 1 situations, where your opponent is evading rather than blocking for example, things will improve. In a situation where your opponent is particularly good at blocking or takes several hits from you, then you're just as likely to find them gaining Revenge as before.

They still should really make it so that it's not a thing in 1 vs 1 imho. Should require at least 2 people to attack you. Even their own tooltip which I have quoted many times to explain to people that Revenge is a CHANCE to SURVIVE contains the words WHEN OUTNUMBERED.

Yarzahn
04-07-2017, 03:31 PM

They mostly nerfed the scaling on gear. Revenge is still a thing, obviously.It shoul, however, activate less often in 1v1, since the double-dipping bonus from blocked attacks chip damage was taken away.

Although I agree revenge as a mechanic should not ever have a place in 1v1.
If I had my way, I would make it so the meter stops filling at about 80% revenge, unless a second enemy joins in. So if you are in a long fight and a second enemy appears, you can still activate it quick enough to defend yourself (chances are you are low on health).

Prophit618
04-07-2017, 04:08 PM
Yep thats why I added the "assuming you are injuring your enemy or he is defending" part :)

They still should really make it so that it's not a thing in 1 vs 1 imho. Should require at least 2 people to attack you. Even their own tooltip which I have quoted many times to explain to people that Revenge is a CHANCE to SURVIVE contains the words WHEN OUTNUMBERED.

It's early still and I played too late last night and didn't get enough sleep. My reading comprehension isn't ideal I guess :)

Absolutely agreed on your 1v1 point though. I've been saying it ever since I hit 108gs and saw how easy it was to 1v1 Revenge.

Gray360UK
04-07-2017, 04:22 PM
It's early still and I played too late last night and didn't get enough sleep. My reading comprehension isn't ideal I guess :).

No worries, I am the same in the morning when I haven't had enough coffee.

You can't tell of course ... you will never know how much time I spend editing my posts and deleting mistakes when I have just woken up ;)

Blasto95
04-07-2017, 05:00 PM
I still dont understand why Revenge is on in the first place in 1v1s. In 2v2s completely understandable. But in 1v1 you're never at an unfair advantage unless you put yourself in one.

Vrbas1
04-07-2017, 07:22 PM
I should have clarified: Why is it still a thing in Duel mode?