PDA

View Full Version : 1v1 Split Screen

ceaser64
04-06-2017, 11:19 PM
I know this is just a pipe dream, but I think it'd be appropriate for a fighting game to have some kind of 1v1 split screen. No gear or feats of course. I would love to be able to sit around with my buddies and play some friendly matches. I know the gaming industry is pushing for everyone to buy their own copy/console etc. just my 2 cents

pure_energist
04-06-2017, 11:24 PM
I know this is just a pipe dream, but I think it'd be appropriate for a fighting game to have some kind of 1v1 split screen. No gear or feats of course. I would love to be able to sit around with my buddies and play some friendly matches. I know the gaming industry is pushing for everyone to buy their own copy/console etc. just my 2 cents

Member Split Screens??? I member!! Member Nintendo!!? I MEMBER NINTENDO! MEMBER ATARI!!? It is a pipe dream.. Split screen arn't due to companies wanting everyone to have their own copy but because today's games are using too much power to allow dual rendering anymore..

ceaser64
04-06-2017, 11:44 PM
Ok bud. Was just saying I think it'd be cool to be able to fight my buddies in the same room. Wasn't trying to be all nostalgic. Glad you took it personally

pure_energist
04-06-2017, 11:54 PM
I didn't take is personally at all... I was showing it being nostalgic because in split screen we used to play on different platforms with different hardware and much more simple games. What did annoy me though was your assumption the reason we don't have split screens anymore was due to corporate greed.. when it is actually due to technical limitations.

pancakerz
04-07-2017, 01:46 AM
Member Split Screens??? I member!! Member Nintendo!!? I MEMBER NINTENDO! MEMBER ATARI!!? It is a pipe dream.. Split screen arn't due to companies wanting everyone to have their own copy but because today's games are using too much power to allow dual rendering anymore..

Not true at all, VR requires 2 high res, high refresh rate screens to run at the same time. One of the main reasons I think split screen is dying is because every stupid game these days has to have their stupid currency for stupid microtransactions, which means you always have to be stupidly connected to the internet and deal with the developers stupid servers (Thank you Gears of War 4 for making horde mode require us to connect to a dedicated server, which will AFK kick us from private matches!).

Also, regarding your comment on "too much power," Gears 4 was split screen on the xbone. And that's a pretty demanding game.