PDA

View Full Version : New revenge is a bad idea

A4einboy
04-06-2017, 09:20 PM
it was very rare to see one hero takedown 3 or 4 guys becuase of the old revenge and if your team lost to 1 guy then maybe you where the one with no skill. so now if you are the only one left in a 1v4 just run. hahaha will this get any worse .. the old revenge just gave you a chance now there is no chance at all ...dont come to this fourm talking about skill because its impossible now

Desperaato
04-06-2017, 09:38 PM
They needed to nefr revives this same patch but nope.

Desperaato
04-06-2017, 10:12 PM
Now that revenge is almoust non existent they really need to make the change where if revenge activated at right time it protects the user from longarm and bashes and shugoki hugs. its completely useless in 3vs1 situations

kweassa1917
04-06-2017, 10:14 PM
Want more cheese with the whine?

Desperaato
04-06-2017, 10:26 PM
whine cheese? whos whining the no play situation was bad before the nerf now its even worse.

Getting shoulder bashed from 2 diferent direction's or longarmed while the rest of the team whails on you. That was bad now its instant death.
Since bashes and certain moves ignore revenge activation.

kweassa1917
04-06-2017, 10:36 PM
whine cheese? whos whining the no play situation was bad before the nerf now its even worse.

Getting shoulder bashed from 2 diferent direction's or longarmed while the rest of the team whails on you. That was bad now its instant death.
Since bashes and certain moves ignore revenge activation.

Learn teamwork. L2P issue.

No brains = death.

Simple.

MumfordDaHound
04-06-2017, 11:01 PM
Learn teamwork. L2P issue.

No brains = death.

Simple.

Funny, cause you can say the exact same thing to the ppl that have the numbers... L2P... no brains = death...

Gray360UK
04-06-2017, 11:42 PM
Funny, cause you can say the exact same thing to the ppl that have the numbers... L2P... no brains = death...

Only you can't because apparently they know how to play better than you / your team because you are alone and they are not, either because they killed everyone else in your team or because they had the sense to team up while you ran off alone. Neither of those things make them the ones with the L2P issue.

MumfordDaHound
04-07-2017, 12:08 AM
Only you can't because apparently they know how to play better than you / your team because you are alone and they are not, either because they killed everyone else in your team or because they had the sense to team up while you ran off alone. Neither of those things make them the ones with the L2P issue.

How do ppl that are so skilled get beat when they are up 3v1 or 4v1?? Makes zero sense.. a good grp doesn't... it takes no skill foe 3 or 4 ppl to run to a spot and start to gank one person for example.

Bob__Gnarly
04-07-2017, 12:10 AM
it was very rare to see one hero takedown 3 or 4 guys becuase of the old revenge and if your team lost to 1 guy then maybe you where the one with no skill. so now if you are the only one left in a 1v4 just run. hahaha will this get any worse .. the old revenge just gave you a chance now there is no chance at all ...dont come to this fourm talking about skill because its impossible now

Very rare?

Mate it was common AF for me to take on whole teams with my Warlord without breaking a sweat. Even though I main Warlord, this patch was the best thing to happen to this game since release.

MumfordDaHound
04-07-2017, 12:14 AM
Actually if they buffed revenge, a good grp would say whatever who cares. Duels/brawls etc are different. 3v1or 4v1 a good could care less.

LastMoh1can
04-07-2017, 12:38 AM
They needed to nefr revives this same patch but nope.

Yep, Reviving someone should work side-by-side with its Revive Timer. Like i said a long time ago, during the beta even...

1st - The revive timer should deplete faster, cutting it by half.

2nd - The health of someone who has been revived works directly with its bleed-out timer. For EX: If you revive someone with only 25% time remaining, then he wil be revived at 25% health

Sounds like reasonable to me, dont know why nobody agreed at the time...

SendRickPics
04-07-2017, 12:43 AM
Very rare?

Mate it was common AF for me to take on whole teams with my Warlord without breaking a sweat. Even though I main Warlord, this patch was the best thing to happen to this game since release.

That's a problem with the Warlord, not the Revenge Mode function.

I'd attempt the same with a Peacekeeper, it was hit or miss. Sometimes I pulled off epic victories, other times I'd lose or eek out a tie.

Bob__Gnarly
04-07-2017, 12:59 AM
That's a problem with the Warlord, not the Revenge Mode function.

I'd attempt the same with a Peacekeeper, it was hit or miss. Sometimes I pulled off epic victories, other times I'd lose or eek out a tie.

Actually I fought a few really good PKs that dominate with revenge builds. Just yesterday for example I fought a rep 20 PK in Skirmish, he was the only remaining dude left alive with myself and 3 random team mates trying to finish him off. It took like 5 mins, because he kept getting revenge and wrecking my team mates. He was tanky AF, even without revenge. He definitely knew how to play his class well in 4v4 modes no doubt, but this patch will weaken him and myself, which is better for the game at the end of the day. Revenge builds were too strong.

Danioku
04-07-2017, 01:04 AM
In the last Dominions that i played today, i felt like the meta has changed very hard.

Now that revenge has been nerfed badly going 2vs1 it's worth most of the times. I also saw in a couple of games 4 men gank squad roaming together like in a Skirmish match. Not sure if it will be the next way of playing Dominion but we got hard rekt... (i dont lose many Dominions game).

Still need time to see how it goes but for sure the change is BIG

SendRickPics
04-07-2017, 01:07 AM
Actually I fought a few really good PKs that dominate with revenge builds. Just yesterday for example I fought a rep 20 PK in Skirmish, he was the only remaining dude left alive with myself and 3 random team mates trying to finish him off. It took like 5 mins, because he kept getting revenge and wrecking my team mates. He was tanky AF, even without revenge. He definitely knew how to play his class well in 4v4 modes no doubt, but this patch will weaken him and myself, which is better for the game at the end of the day. Revenge builds were too strong.

I'm a Rep 11 PK, I know what I'm capable of and have won many 3v1 and 4v1 fights as clutch victories, that said I disagree wholeheartedly with the assertion that revenge builds were too strong.

They were too strong on certain characters, like the Warlord, the Conq, and shield classes in general., but the weren't obnoxious on PK's, Raiders, Wardens... etc.

Besides, Revenge Builds were doing exactly what they were intended to do, promote more duels and 1v1 fights over dishonorable ganking that we saw in Beta.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNhGo4QDSG4