PDA

View Full Version : New single-player missions to introduce new heroes?

Pope138
04-06-2017, 05:39 PM
If the rumors are true we're getting ninja, centurion, and highlander. I don't see how these latter 2 fit in with any of the factions and without an explanation it's just going to feel shoehorned in.

Do the samurais turn to an ancient and mysterious order of ninja's to assassinate and destabilize enemy command?

Do the knights hire the expert military of a once great empire to fortify their ranks on the battlefield?

Do the vikings pay the mercenary clans of the north to launch an assault that attracts enemy forces exposing the southern territories?

I had pretty low expectations for the campaign but ended up enjoying it a great deal. It was like medieval fantasy, but instead of orcs and elves we have vikings and samurai (respectively imo). There was also a fairy tale quality to the story that I didn't expect, but appreciated. It would be great if we got some single player missions that not only introduced these new heroes but put them in context with the world that the game takes place in.

I don't know, anyone else feel the same?

SAVAGE_CABBAGE1
04-06-2017, 05:41 PM
I would like to see this as well, seeing as the campaign ended on a cliffhanger. It would be nice to see some more campaign.

Jobsalot
04-06-2017, 05:43 PM
I would not mind that, would not mind that at all. The story mode concluded with an open end, which means it did not conclude at all other than Holden Cross (DAUBENY!) and the others "trying" to fix an age of war. Which isn't happening anytime soon. I would not mind for conflict to flare up again, only in a different fashion. Some new chapters for each of the new heroes would be appreciated but I don't think they are going to do it. I think we will at best get another render intro which introduces the class and that's about it.

Yarzahn
04-06-2017, 05:50 PM
"...highlander...

"...highlander...

"...highlander...

Yes please!
Lets get this
http://www.geek.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/scotsman.jpg

Jobsalot
04-06-2017, 05:55 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-LyFMCIpok

Pope138
04-06-2017, 08:09 PM
I would like to see this as well, seeing as the campaign ended on a cliffhanger. It would be nice to see some more campaign.

And it wouldn'r even need to pick up where the game ended. They could be side missions to each chapter. Not a main part to the story, just a companion to each chapter.

Varakharne
04-06-2017, 08:17 PM
I will literally eat everyone's morning dump if they add anything to the SP. I have never seen a MP focused game do anything with their SP portion in my entire life. I hope they do as always but like I said I am so confident that I made such a boasting bet. I mean ,we ant even change the gender of our characters in the SP, that is pure BS! I couldnt even tell the difference between a female and male with the Vikings of course you find out too late, also the Japanese fighters are also hard to tell who is man or woman.

Pope138
04-06-2017, 09:58 PM
I will literally eat everyone's morning dump if they add anything to the SP. I have never seen a MP focused game do anything with their SP portion in my entire life. I hope they do as always but like I said I am so confident that I made such a boasting bet. I mean ,we ant even change the gender of our characters in the SP, that is pure BS! I couldnt even tell the difference between a female and male with the Vikings of course you find out too late, also the Japanese fighters are also hard to tell who is man or woman.

I agree, chances are almost nil. I'll keep dreaming.

Oh, also: gross.

DrExtrem
04-06-2017, 10:28 PM
Yes please!
Lets get this
http://www.geek.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/scotsman.jpg

There can be only one!

*frisks the record collection and puts queens "a kind of magic" on the turn table* .... good times ...

Pope138
04-07-2017, 02:45 PM
There can be only one!

*frisks the record collection and puts queens "a kind of magic" on the turn table* .... good times ...

Princes of the Universe!
Takes me back. Man I miss the 80's.

Vingrask
04-07-2017, 07:06 PM
They will probably be mercenaries.

It's like I imagine myself why another Viking is fighting under a Knight flag... In this milenia war, things get really messed up. So nothing wrong with mercenaries or people from far away picking a side.

Pope138
04-07-2017, 08:07 PM
They will probably be mercenaries.

It's like I imagine myself why another Viking is fighting under a Knight flag... In this milenia war, things get really messed up. So nothing wrong with mercenaries or people from far away picking a side.

Yeah, in the examples I gave in the OP I tried to describe them as mercenaries. I just think it would be cool if we had some context of how they exist in the game's world beyond a paragraph of explanation. Like one mission for each would be cool.

Sploogy99
04-07-2017, 09:27 PM
Maybe they can have their own faction. Like a Mercenary faction or a Banished faction (As in they were thrown out from their factions because of crimes or something else.)

SerArthur-Dayne
04-07-2017, 10:20 PM
Well considering the premise of this game is that an earth-equivalent land, somehow fractured and all three factions just geographically emalgomated into one area and started swinging swords at each other for a thousand years, just so there was some wildly far fetched way to pit samurai, knights & vikings against each other that didnt involve a time machine or a space-portal.

I just dont think moving forward we should drastically limit the vast majority of fighting styles that dont exclusively fit these 3 factions, solely based off of the equivalent of a swirling fairytale.

I think this game should primarily pick all of the most interesting fighting styles that people have wanted to pit against each other since everyone was a kid, lore be damned, and just shoehorn them in there with a breif explanation (or not), or as a mercenary faction, or as a faction of crest-fallen, space travelling, time hoppers, hand picked from the past but sent by people from the future whos intrests will be to thwart apollyons dastardly plans, and therefore stop the creation of thousands of years of military advancements that led to a race of cybornectic androids build by the samurai that ended up enslaving all humanity in an attemt to end war itself.

pancakerz
04-07-2017, 10:54 PM
...and therefore stop the creation of thousands of years of military advancements that led to a race of cybornectic androids build by the samurai that ended up enslaving all humanity in an attemt to end war itself.

With some slight alterations to your idea, Wolfenstein: The New Order could be an unofficial sequel to this game.