PDA

View Full Version : Are we a generation of cry babies?

AmericanNinja3
04-06-2017, 05:35 PM
Now i've been playing this game since the second closed beta. I love the game and have from the very beginning. Now my question is, what do we expect from a newly launched title, with a completely new fighting system?
By no means can their team put as much of a strenuous test on the game as can we. We out number them in quantity, as well as time playing the game. So, of course, we are going to find bugs that they never experienced or thought of trying.

The connection issues i just don't quite understand. Yes i get kicked from some games seldomly, most of the time due to a team rage quiting. I've experienced the game on a lower connection internet and maybe that's truley why many of you are getting kicked so much. If you don't have a decently stable connection then you will experience connection issues. I see people post on getting kicked every five minutes or so and i personally just haven't experienced this at all. I can play for an hour or two before i get kicked or lose connection. Which even still this isn't the most terrible thing in the world.

People like to argue the balancing of characters. Guess what, in any fighting game there is gonna be some stronger characters than others. I find that certain characters have counters to that character, which makes it harder to win. Don't get me wrong i understand PK can be ridiculous BUT she is still beatable. Even with the cheesy zone and speed spam. My point primarily is we need to allow Ubi to get the fixes right. They are responding, you may want exact dates but if they give you one and something happens where they can't meet it now it's another issue. This game has been out for not even two months and people are bashing them like it should be perfect with no errors, no bugs, and all balanced.

Suck it up, go get better at the actual game and take the cheesers as a personal challenge to beat and laugh at because the cheese eventually gets moldy and rots away, so it won't be around once patched. I'm wanting to hear comments on these connection issues and discuss with each other ways we could see the game improved. Versus bashing a company for not having it the way EVERYONE wants YESTERDAY.

Danioku
04-06-2017, 05:36 PM
BabyRage Wall of text BabyRage

Jobsalot
04-06-2017, 05:37 PM
I thank For Honor for both exposing the best and worst in players, ever since this game it is so much easier to identify who is not even worth talking to and who is blessed with dignity and smarts.

ArlianDeBias
04-06-2017, 05:38 PM
I think you'll find the majority of people posting here aren't legally allowed to be, OP.

CandleInTheDark
04-06-2017, 05:41 PM
I think you'll find the majority of people posting here aren't legally allowed to be, OP.

I have had that suspicion over some for a while, especially the mess yesterday over the reporting people for cheating because they beat the OP constantly thread.

secrecy274
04-06-2017, 05:45 PM
I got yelled at over mic by a couple of pre-pubescent kids yesterday, so yeah.

AmericanNinja3
04-06-2017, 05:48 PM
I've never played a game with so many rage quitters and maybe i'm so new to forums that all the complaining is the norm, but it still just baffles me and i still enjoy the game no matter how much it is exploited. i take cheese as a challenge

AmericanNinja3
04-06-2017, 05:50 PM
I always figured the game would be for an older crowd. So for the young ones to be weeded out I don't mind. We will experience a lot better gameplay from fighting skilled players and deal with less rage quitting because they can't deal with their little hearts being shattered.

psyminion
04-06-2017, 05:59 PM
feels good to be in my late 30s right now.

and yes. too many babies are allowed to play videogames and express themselves on the internet.

this game isn't for people who can't handle seeing their character lose his head or fall off a cliff. i think they should stick to minecraft or pokemons or whatever else the kids are into these days.

AmericanNinja3
04-06-2017, 06:00 PM
feels good to be in my late 30s right now.

and yes. too many babies are allowed to play videogames and express themselves on the internet.

this game isn't for people who can't handle seeing their character lose his head or fall off a cliff. i think they should stick to minecraft or pokemons or whatever else the kids are into these days.

hahaha you killed me with that one

Specialkha
04-06-2017, 06:02 PM
I love those smartass. Pk was banned from MLG tourney where players far better than you are.

Hillbill79
04-06-2017, 06:04 PM
I've been dc'd more from anti cheat this last 3 or 4 days than anything else. Its a new one on me, not seen it before this week.

Hope those plebs are getting banned.

Ubi are doing ok, Rome wasn't built in a day.

They still need to unbug Zerker though :p

http://i446.photobucket.com/albums/qq186/markhill1608/Cheater....._zpsfbsh1pqd.jpg (http://s446.photobucket.com/user/markhill1608/media/Cheater....._zpsfbsh1pqd.jpg.html)

CandleInTheDark
04-06-2017, 06:07 PM
I love those smartass. Pk was banned from MLG tourney where players far better than you are.

I am struggling to see where peacekeepers were mentioned in this thread. Is the peacekeeper delete bandwagon now so mindless they aren't even looking for threads with peacekeeper in the title to not read before posting to?

Same advice I gave to someone else, before you look silly saying I am only defending my main, look at my post history.

#freeadvice

AmericanNinja3
04-06-2017, 06:12 PM

you don't know me nor how good I am. Quit crying and get better. This Thread has nothing to do with PK at all. It really has to do with people crying and needing to grow a pair

Specialkha
04-06-2017, 06:13 PM
Just refering to op post where it states that pk are beatable thus need no nerf, and all that cries about pk are babies. Just so you know.

AmericanNinja3
04-06-2017, 06:14 PM
I've been dc'd more from anti cheat this last 3 or 4 days than anything else. Its a new one on me, not seen it before this week.

Hope those plebs are getting banned.

Ubi are doing ok, Rome wasn't built in a day.

They still need to unbug Zerker though :p

http://i446.photobucket.com/albums/qq186/markhill1608/Cheater....._zpsfbsh1pqd.jpg (http://s446.photobucket.com/user/markhill1608/media/Cheater....._zpsfbsh1pqd.jpg.html)

It all boils down to people not being able to lose. So many people want success to come instantly versus working to become a great player. It's become really pitiful

AmericanNinja3
04-06-2017, 06:16 PM
Just refering to op post where it states that pk are beatable thus need no nerf, and all that cries about pk are babies. Just so you know.

They are beatable. I play plenty of great PK's. some use cheese tactics, some don't. But in any fighting game, there are going to be stronger characters than others. The only thing I think the PK needs is more of a stamina reduction to certain moves

Specialkha
04-06-2017, 06:24 PM
No, there should not be stronger hero than others. And why is that? Tell us.

AmericanNinja3
04-06-2017, 06:31 PM
Why do you think every fighting game has a tier list? Some characters are just better than other based on their moves, strength, or speed. It's like life, no every warrior was equal. Some would be better than others and to expect everyone to be in the same playing field is setting yourself up for failure in life as well. Nothing is perfect, how do expect each character to be the same with then are completely different? There will never be a truely level playing field in characters only people who get great with good characters as well as the not so good characters

The_B0G_
04-06-2017, 06:45 PM
Makes complain post about people complaining too much.

+1

RatedChaotic
04-06-2017, 06:57 PM
I point the finger at the millennials. Not the index one either lol.

Specialkha
04-06-2017, 07:03 PM
Why do you think every fighting game has a tier list? Some characters are just better than other based on their moves, strength, or speed. It's like life, no every warrior was equal. Some would be better than others and to expect everyone to be in the same playing field is setting yourself up for failure in life as well. Nothing is perfect, how do expect each character to be the same with then are completely different? There will never be a truely level playing field in characters only people who get great with good characters as well as the not so good characters

Dude, it is not because some heroes or characters are better than it SHOULD be like that, and we are right to complain about that.

AmericanNinja3
04-06-2017, 07:08 PM
Dude, it is not because some heroes or characters are better than it SHOULD be like that, and we are right to complain about that.

name one thing perfect in life??????? There isn't. Nobody is equal..... Quit your complaints and git gud. GG man, PK must have your ******** burning from all that salt you are carrying around in between those cheeks

AmericanNinja3
04-06-2017, 07:10 PM
Makes complain post about people complaining too much.

+1

If you read the end i would like to discuss the complaints versus bashing the company. You confuse the context. It's ok i expect that much from some people

Specialkha
04-06-2017, 07:11 PM
name one thing perfect in life??????? There isn't. Nobody is equal..... Quit your complaints and git gud. GG man, PK must have your ******** burning from all that salt you are carrying around in between those cheeks

Hopefully you do not run a video game company, and I hope you do not run any company at all.

The_B0G_
04-06-2017, 07:16 PM
If you read the end i would like to discuss the complaints versus bashing the company. You confuse the context. It's ok i expect that much from some people

The end of your massive wall of text with no paragraphs? Sorry, I read the first little bit and got lost in there so I didn't read the end.

AmericanNinja3
04-06-2017, 07:16 PM
Hopefully you do not run a video game company, and I hope you do not run any company at all.

It's ok deflect from the question. Each fighting game has stronger characters than others. That will never change. I'm glad you have presented your opinion and set a even greater example for my post. Thank you kind sir

Specialkha
04-06-2017, 07:18 PM
Even each game hasve stronger faction/race/characters etc... and each time, the company that runs the game tries to balance it. So, why can't players complain about stuff op?

AmericanNinja3
04-06-2017, 07:19 PM
The end of your massive wall of text with no paragraphs? Sorry, I read the first little bit and got lost in there so I didn't read the end.

I'm sorry i could have approached it as an english composition class. I will take the advice into account next time good sir. Should i construct a blueprint and thesis for you as well?

AmericanNinja3
04-06-2017, 07:23 PM
Even each game hasve stronger faction/race/characters etc... and each time, the company that runs the game tries to balance it. So, why can't players complain about stuff op?

My point entirely was at that end of the game guess what, some character will end up better than another. I also address people complaining about connectivity issues. Which I explain i don't experience so i was asking opinions on that. As well as the amount of rage quiting that is going on. My finger pointing to the "cry baby" aspect is jumping on a company that has just realesed a game less than two months ago and acting as if it should all have been fixed already. My end point was give the company time to fix these issues. At the end of the day you are still giving them your time regardless by commenting on my post or playing the game. So enjoy yourself more.

The_B0G_
04-06-2017, 07:24 PM
I'm sorry i could have approached it as an english composition class. I will take the advice into account next time good sir. Should i construct a blueprint and thesis for you as well?

No just a paragraph every 3-4 sentences would be fine, pretty much writing 101. Maybe try to separate topics in there too, not just 20 sentences packed into one massive paragraph, that makes it hard to follow.

Specialkha
04-06-2017, 07:26 PM
You do realize that 2 months is a very long time to fix, at least connectivity issues? They already lost a good chunk of their playerbase.

And yes, DC happens, and it happens a lot, and it happens only with this game, while others game (some use p2p as well) works well.

AmericanNinja3
No just a paragraph every 3-4 sentences would be fine, pretty much writing 101. Maybe try to separate topics in there too, not just 20 sentences packed into one massive paragraph, that makes it hard to follow.

Whenever I started the post I never intended it to be so long. I have discussed with other friends who play this game about these topics without being on the forums, so whenever i started talking on the subjects and all just came out. I will think about the structure more for the pleasure of your eyes and brain next time.

secrecy274
I've received so much hatemail in this game... I love receiving them, so so far so good, however it's starting to grow old.

The_B0G_
04-06-2017, 07:31 PM
Whenever I started the post I never intended it to be so long. I have discussed with other friends who play this game about these topics without being on the forums, so whenever i started talking on the subjects and all just came out. I will think about the structure more for the pleasure of your eyes and brain next time.

A lot of people tend to skip over a lot of sentences in massive text walls, not just me and there is an edit button, you could throw some spacing in there now. I am bringing this off topic though, by all means, go back to complaining about people complaining too much.

AmericanNinja3
04-06-2017, 07:31 PM
You do realize that 2 months is a very long time to fix, at least connectivity issues? They already lost a good chunk of their playerbase.

And yes, DC happens, and it happens a lot, and it happens only with this game, while others game (some use p2p as well) works well.

My question would be do they have a good internet connection? Why do they experience this so much more than i do then? That's why i clearly say, i don't understand that aspect because i don't experience it.
They are balancing characters, as was released today, as you have stated you want. They are fixing bugs, trying to make sure they balance the dlc characters correctly and maps. Two months is not that long. All video games find more bugs when the mass gets it's hands on it because we play it a lot more than they do. I agree connectivity should have been number one if it is that big of an issue for some of you. I wouldn't know. I pay for decent enough internet speed to not experience this.

Hillbill79
04-06-2017, 07:34 PM
A lot of DC's are through rage quitters or Anti cheat soft ware these days

Specialkha
04-06-2017, 07:34 PM
It is not the connection of ppl the issue. It works with every other game perfectly but not with FH. And 2 months is far too long with the kiind of offer we have in video game nowaday.

AmericanNinja3
04-06-2017, 07:35 PM
A lot of people tend to skip over a lot of sentences in massive text walls, not just me and there is an edit button, you could throw some spacing in there now. I am bringing this off topic though, by all means, go back to complaining about people complaining too much.

Thank you i will complain about the complaints now

AmericanNinja3
04-06-2017, 07:39 PM
It is not the connection of ppl the issue. It works with every other game perfectly but not with FH. And 2 months is far too long with the kiind of offer we have in video game nowaday.

Then why are you still playing? Why are you still on the forums? If you have such more viable options, why aren't you playing them instead? Everybody is entitled to their own opinion and they are like a$$ holes everybody has one. Mine is people cry to much these days and have unreal expectations. You are entitled to yours as well and i respect that

AmericanNinja3
04-06-2017, 07:43 PM
A lot of DC's are through rage quitters or Anti cheat soft ware these days

That is exactly where i experience mine. Rage quitters who want to keep their KD's and win ratio pretty.

FirestormX5
04-06-2017, 08:03 PM
apart from connection issues, I have no big con in this game, the cosmetic stuff I can ignore...happy to be one that has stuck with it, its a lovely experience..

AmericanNinja3
04-06-2017, 08:05 PM
apart from connection issues, I have no big con in this game, the cosmetic stuff I can ignore...happy to be one that has stuck with it, its a lovely experience..

Me too, I still look forward to coming home from work and getting some time in on the game. I can't wait for DLC and future updates to truly make it polished.

Yarzahn
04-06-2017, 09:14 PM
Are we a genertion of crybabies?
I guess not. From your post, I'd say we are a generation of ***-kissing yes-men with no critical thinking thinking sense.

(...)what do we expect from a newly launched title, with a completely new fighting system?

I expect balance issues. You see balance issues, I can forgive, as long as they are acknowledged, addressed and fixed. Balance problems are the least of my grievances about this game. Patches have been terribly slow to address balance problems, but in all honesty, they have been having worse problems.

1) The BIG ONE. Releasing an 8 player multiplayer online game in 2017 with a Peer-to-peer system. I can't accept a broke indie company doing this, much less a gaming giant like Ubisoft. It shows one of 2 things: either complete ignorance about online gaming and its most basic requirements or overwhelming greed and disrespect for the player base by releasing a multiplayer game with no means to enjoy it. This was made worse by the claim that microtransaction system was necessary to "support online game". There are no dedicated servers, there are barely any costs to support.

The connection issues i just don't quite understand.

If you haven't had many connection issues, good for you. They exist. If you don't believe me, go read what the devs said about it, every warrior's den they mention connectivity about 5 times. They aren't making sh*t up, it's not all our imagination, despite your delusional denial state or whatever. There's plenty of proof of the problem for 2 months now, so if you still can't "quite understand" it, nothing more I can do for you. I think the problem might be you.

2) - Released an AAA title, for a full cost of 70€, with such a greedy obvious microtransaction progression system. This was addressed last week, to an extent, with improvements to steel availability.
The simple fact a pointless system like "champion status" exists is a testament to Ubisofts greed. It shouldn't be needed and it shouldn't exist.

3) - Extreme grind-depend progression system with overtuned gear stats. 30 hours in a single hero to get to the good gear. This is a fighting game. Not an RPG. Incidentally I can finish some actual RPGs like witcher 3 and dragon's age in 30 hours. I have fun doing it. I do not have fun spending 30 hours on the same hero before I can gear him. It discourages people from trying multiple heroes, which was pretty f**k**g stupid on Ubisofts part, as it kills the game longevity and promotes stagnation.
Long progression grinds have no place in this game. How would you feel if you had to play a champion for 30 hours in LoL or DotA2 before you could access the tier 3 items? Would you even play multiple characters? How would you feel in overwatch if your hero only dealt 70% damage and took 150% until you spend 30 hours on him? Would you play multiple characters?
They're not the same game, but the exact same principle applies. Diversity keeps the player happy, and locking it behind 30 hour grinds is moronic. Yes, it gives Ubisoft a chance to sell some of those "champion status" to desperate addicts, but at the cost of driving away many players.

4) - The faction war. Yes, I coulld pretend it didn't exist. It's a pointless system with absolutely no thought but into it. I wonder how many weeks of pay some lucky bastard received to come up with this system. I mean he probably designed it on the back of a napkin during lunchbreak. It's offense that something so shallow and all around bad made it into the game.

bashing a company for not having it the way EVERYONE wants YESTERDAY.
These are GLARING CORE PROBLEMS WITH the game that go back to it's basic design. The main problem isn't gameplay or even balance. The game was released February 14th. Today is ABRIL 06th. Most of the playerbase is gone. metacritic and steam reviews dropped to negative. It's not a vocal minority, it's a flop, a big one after a lot of hype and big sales in the first couple of weeks. Which hurts more than simply releasing a bad game that goes unnoticed,

It's pretty much set in stone at this point, google "for honor" and it will be the first result.

I actually pity you for being so narrow minded and so anxious to be licking Ubisoft's boots. Anyone with a shred of common sense can notice the problems with this game after only a few hours of multiplayer.