PDA

View Full Version : How to parry an unblockable attack?

DrinkinMyStella
04-06-2017, 03:53 PM
Im pretty good at parring most attacks thrown at me but the one thing i never know how to parry is the unblockable, i normally roll out the way.

guffffff
04-06-2017, 03:58 PM
don't you just parry it? when its fiery its unblockable so just parry it like normal, when it flashes

secrecy274
04-06-2017, 03:58 PM
Just like a normal attack, use a heavy when the bar flashes.
Some Unblockable are really slow though, aka Raider and Shugoki, which usually throws me off when I try to parry them.

DrinkinMyStella
04-06-2017, 04:18 PM
Just like a normal attack, use a heavy when the bar flashes.
Some Unblockable are really slow though, aka Raider and Shugoki, which usually throws me off when I try to parry them.

ahh ok my timing must have been off before because i always treated them like a normal heavy parry but i must have just missed. Thanks

Halvtand
04-06-2017, 04:20 PM
ahh ok my timing must have been off before because i always treated them like a normal heavy parry but i must have just missed. Thanks

As stated, their slow speed means that the timing will be a bit off. But the principle is the same as for any attack.

Verdican85
04-06-2017, 04:30 PM
Or you where faceing people useing unlocking their unblockable wich makes it unparryable aswell

kweassa1917
04-06-2017, 04:47 PM
LOL! Like others have said, some unblockables are so slow that its actually difficult to time it right. Like when you get used to trying to parry PK light spams or try to keep yourself alert for the Shugoki fast swipe-headbutt, when they suddenly mix in a slow unblockable you really begin to understand why baseball players on bat fall for changeups after a fastball!

GeekAndProud
04-06-2017, 05:18 PM
I ignore the UI and focus on the actual in game animations, you need to swing your heavy so it connects about the same time as theirs would with you, so you need to time it for different situations, way easier than trying to intently focus on the UI