PDA

View Full Version : The Cold Hard Truth

IAmOddGirl
04-06-2017, 02:05 AM
I really do not understand the Ban. Peacekeeper is fast yes however it is your responsibility as an above average player to adapt and overcome that challenge. otherwise you are not an above average player and no longer have the right to claim you are good. I main Lawbringer and have my own method specifically for fighting Peacekeepers. Wanna know how to learn to be good at facing a peacekeeper? Go online and play until you meet a good peacekeeper..I'm talking the most annoying hard to kill one you can find. Then make friends with said person and ask them to duel you in custom matches..I did that for literally 10hrs in one sitting..I lost a lot..and learned what works. that is how you do it. You take the beating until you learn how to beat a playstyle. That is a skill gap. Skill gaps are required in competitive fields in order for the Best of the Best to stand out. Otherwise it is just a bunch of noobs having a game they can all feel awesome with. Do we as a community of gamers not see the flaw in this crap. Back in the old Halo days..Halo being the Godfather of MLG in the beginning. You knew who was good or not, because your skill was forged out of pure beatings. That is how champions in competitions are made.

You do not baby a pro player or someone wishing to be known as such. You put them up against anything and everything you can muster and their real measure will be known after. After reading someone admit they cannot handle a character I deduce that is a very bad player who can only win if the circumstances meet their skill level...meaning it is an average player who is still on a long road to being considered Good at the game.

-with respect
,OddGirl.

kweassa1917
04-06-2017, 02:15 AM
Your "it's your responsibility to L2P" argument only applies when the grounds are reasonably even amongst all classes. When you're forced to iceskate uphill, whereas your opponent enjoys the leisure of a downhill slalom, the responsibility to level the playing field comes before individual responsibility to adapt.

If you honestly think the PK is in the exact same playing field as any other class, and does not have its every move just haywire in an insane risk-reward ratio, then I guess there's no way to convince you otherwise.

All I can say is the simpler, colder, harder truth is that absolute majority of the people disagree with your assessment, and there does exist a problem with balance in regards to PK. Accept that as a "cold, hard truth," friend.

katarzyna1974
04-06-2017, 02:24 AM
That was probably the most intelligent opinion I've ever read about people fighting peacekeepers. Peacekeeper is actually a bad class in reality, people just cant comprehend how to fight her.

IAmOddGirl
04-06-2017, 02:24 AM
kweassa1917 ) and I do accept it. You must have missed the part about playing against the peacekeeper in a 1v1 custom match for 10hrs. You really think i didn't lose? I said I lost...I only got the hang of Lawbringer being so slow vs the annoying harassment a peacekeeper can dish out after 7hrs..I got close alot to beating the player but ended up getting light spammed until I died. It is easier for the peacekeeper, but it is still your responsibility to learn how to beat a PK if you are claiming to be on the road of a Pro For Honor player. I am not..just meaning for the MLG tournies

Yokonato
04-06-2017, 02:29 AM
kweassa1917 ) and I do accept it. You must have missed the part about playing against the peacekeeper in a 1v1 custom match for 10hrs. You really think i didn't lose? I said I lost...I only got the hang of Lawbringer being so slow vs the annoying harassment a peacekeeper can dish out after 7hrs..I got close alot to beating the player but ended up getting light spammed until I died. It is easier for the peacekeeper, but it is still your responsibility to learn how to beat a PK if you are claiming to be on the road of a Pro For Honor player. I am not..just meaning for the MLG tournies

Honestly neither can you sit here and tell others how to fight a peace keeper consistently until you show me proof where you beat 80 percent of the world population of PK players therefor dealing with several people strategies

IAmOddGirl
04-06-2017, 02:31 AM
When I watch an MLG match I don't want to see two average babied players go at it. I want to see Gods vs Titans in a neck and neck battle. I crave to see that so that I can learn from Legends of the game.

IAmOddGirl
04-06-2017, 02:36 AM
watch at 0:45 for my easiest method

https://youtu.be/NjsceV7MlM4?t=45

kweassa1917
04-06-2017, 02:37 AM

Excellent argument. I bet you use that one on all problems concerning poverty.

"The rich may cut their own expenses, politicians may be in cahoots with big business, they may elect corrupt officials, fraud runs malevolently, recession may hit hard, and executives will probably fire you for their own mistakes and then give themselves a raise -- but hey, it's still on you to pick yourself up and get rich. So don't go listening to them union guys or activists. They all commies.

In the end, its you who needs to overcome all of those obstacles. Don't mind the fact that some don't need to overcome anything in the first place. That's just how it is. Don't blame others. You succeed on your own."

Unfortunately, that used to work in the 19th century. Nowadays, people are lil' bit smarter than that. :p

IAmOddGirl
04-06-2017, 02:39 AM
thats my here and now...but I will meet the statement you just asked for. I will befriend every single peacekeeper main I know and 1v1 them one..by one.

IAmOddGirl
04-06-2017, 02:41 AM
Excellent argument. I bet you use that one on all problems concerning poverty.

"The rich may cut their own expenses, politicians may be in cahoots with big business, they may elect corrupt officials, fraud runs malevolently, recession may hit hard, and executives will probably fire you for their own mistakes and then give themselves a raise -- but hey, it's still on you to pick yourself up and get rich. So don't go listening to them union guys or activists. They all commies.

In the end, its you who needs to overcome all of those obstacles. Don't mind the fact that some don't need to overcome anything in the first place. That's just how it is. Don't blame others. You succeed on your own."

Unfortunately, that used to work in the 19th century. Nowadays, people are lil' bit smarter than that. :p

DID YOU JUST PUT POLITICS IN A VIDEO GAME DEBATE..OMG!!!!..HAHAHAHAHAHA I can't even...please stay silent from now on. Your intelligence or ability to comprehend is way too lackluster for me.

LordKracen
04-06-2017, 02:42 AM
watch at 0:45 for my easiest method

https://youtu.be/NjsceV7MlM4?t=45

Playing against a bad PK in a gear mode battle is in fact a very easy way to kill one, yes.

IAmOddGirl
04-06-2017, 02:44 AM
Im pretty sure in the 19th century Xbox one for sure had the same player to player matchmaking issues...right on the money wise one.

IAmOddGirl
04-06-2017, 02:46 AM
Playing against a bad PK in a gear mode battle is in fact a very easy way to kill one, yes.

yeah i actually made it clear I was going to now be 1v1ing PKs for footage. Since the request was made in this post I'd say i need just alittle bit more time for that, but please feel free to continue not reading before commenting...I am surly entertained thus far.

LordKracen
04-06-2017, 02:56 AM
yeah i actually made it clear I was going to now be 1v1ing PKs for footage. Since the request was made in this post I'd say i need just alittle bit more time for that, but please feel free to continue not reading before commenting...I am surly entertained thus far.

Pointing out the flaws of that example does not mean I didn't read the rest... Simply dismissing the one example you provided, when the next example comes I'm sure the same thing will happen then... Just because someone disagrees with you, doesn't mean they ignored what you said.

Unless you can provide 1v1 footage of you playing as every class against PKs against the highest performing players then any evidence you provide is purely anecdotal, now, looking at actual tournament matches, you problem with PKs becomes very apparent... I play Nobushi, one of the classes directly hard countered by Assassins, and I still am capable of killing PKs now and then... Doesn't mean there isn't an issue with light spam... Though frankly I sit in the position that the problem isn't the light spam itself but the guard change speed of classes... Warlords with the fastest guard change in the game (4x faster than Lawbringer to put it into perspective) probably don't have as many issues with PK light spam as say a raider who has the slowest guard change.

IAmOddGirl
04-06-2017, 03:02 AM
Pointing out the flaws of that example does not mean I didn't read the rest... Simply dismissing the one example you provided, when the next example comes I'm sure the same thing will happen then... Just because someone disagrees with you, doesn't mean they ignored what you said.

Unless you can provide 1v1 footage of you playing as every class against PKs against the highest performing players then any evidence you provide is purely anecdotal, now, looking at actual tournament matches, you problem with PKs becomes very apparent... I play Nobushi, one of the classes directly hard countered by Assassins, and I still am capable of killing PKs now and then... Doesn't mean their isn't an issue with light spam... Though frankly I sit in the position that the problem isn't the light spam itself but the guard change speed of classes... Warlords with the fastest guard change in the game (4x faster than Lawbringer to put it into perspective) probably don't have as many issues with PK light spam as say a raider who has the slowest guard change.

The slow character will be harder to fight PKs with..unless you turtle and parry light.

Yokonato
04-06-2017, 03:05 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BC8EvxaDeVQ I could use a clip and say valks are easy peezy as well ;)

IAmOddGirl
04-06-2017, 03:09 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BC8EvxaDeVQ I could use a clip and say valks are easy peezy as well ;)

not one character is unbeatable.

Fenrirwolf24
04-06-2017, 03:12 AM
Pk aren't really all that hard to fight for the simple fact that they are so predictible. Lunge, light side, light side, heavy/light top, or gb. Best way to beat a PK is figure out the patteren and exploit the openings and once you have an opening keep on the offensive.

Yokonato
04-06-2017, 03:14 AM
I agree not all are unbeatable but in all fighting games there are characters that regardless of skill windows its a easier fight than other characters

PK was banned because spam was being abused its not a matter of MLG being babies its about a abuse of a gimmick

Bob__Gnarly
04-06-2017, 03:15 AM
So are you arguing against a level playing field? Shouldn't every class have equal chance at defeating each other?

WTF am i reading here?

kweassa1917
04-06-2017, 03:21 AM
not one character is unbeatable.

Oh, for sure. No one is unbeatable.

It's just that for most people, it takes on average higher skill level, faster reflexes, more experience, more precise control, more effort, more risks taken, more dangers faced to achieve as much result as a PK player that just one-button spams with his/her right hand while picking his/her nose with the other, yawning in boredom of how 'weak' his/her opponent is.

Hence, "risk-reward ration is BONKERS", remember?

Like, let's switch the game around, shall we? I'll give you an example of why your view on balance is skewed:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"...Give my class a gun. When I shoot your PK with this gun, you have 0.15 seconds to react and dodge out of the way. If you fail to dodge, it kills you on torso/head shot, cripples you on limb shot. I also get 6 shots off my gun with 0.5 seconds between shots, and then a 1.5 second reload time. My gun will have 20m range. Yeah, sounds like a real fair fight.

But of course, I'm not "unbeatable", am I. Hey, it's up to you to make around 6 successful dodges that require 0.15s reaction time to reach my position and stab me. (Btw, did I mention that even if you close in, I can whack you with my gun and then roll away for more distance?)

Yeah, the game may be "slanted" towards my advantage a little bit unfairly, but according to your logic, its still your own fault for not being able to beat me with a gun. I mean, if you were a better player, you'd clearly be able to beat me.

So, balance would still be fine even if I bring a gun to a swordfight -- under your line of reasoning. Anyone who complains about me having a gun, are in serious need of L2P. You cannot say the game is unbalanced because some good players actually can beat my gunslinger samurai with just a sword. If they can do it, it means there's no balance problem at all.

If you know the timing, you can dodge my shots. Of course you should assume that I'm a nitwit and will always fire at the same timing. Honest. I'll always fire at same intervals. Besides, may be able to oneshot you, my attacks cannot be guarded or parried, attacks are faster than yours, attacks hit further away from yours, but you still know what I'm gonna do. I'm gonna point my gun and pull the trigger. Wow, so predictable! It means you can easily beat me holding a gun to your PK's face from 20m out! "
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is basically what you're endorsing.

PK's not unbeatable. A lot of experienced players learn how to deal with them. But none of that changes the fact that PKs are inherently advantaged in around almost every area of performance in the game. Heck, even range, their dash-lunge reachers further and hits faster than a Nobushi spear.

It's not about individual people learning to adapt. It's about systematic balance and reasonably equal playgrounds on spec/stat level.

Yokonato
04-06-2017, 03:33 AM
Oh, for sure. No one is unbeatable.

It's just that for most people, it takes on average higher skill level, faster reflexes, more experience, more precise control, more effort, more risks taken, more dangers faced to achieve as much result as a PK player that just one-button spams with his/her right hand while picking his/her nose with the other, yawning in boredom of how 'weak' his/her opponent is.

Hence, "risk-reward ration is BONKERS", remember?

Like, let's switch the game around, shall we?

"...Give my class a gun. When I shoot your PK with this gun, you have 0.15 seconds to react and dodge out of the way. If you fail to dodge, it kills you on torso/head shot, cripples you on limb shot. I also get 6 shots off my gun with 0.5 seconds between shots, and then a 1.5 second reload time. My gun will have 20m range. Yeah, sounds like a real fair fight.

But of course, I'm not "unbeatable", am I. Hey, it's up to you to make around 6 successful dodges that require 0.15s reaction time to reach my position and stab me. (Btw, did I mention that even if you close in, I can whack you with my gun and then roll away for more distance?)

Yeah, the game may be "slanted" towards my advantage a little bit unfairly, but according to your logic, its still your own fault for not being able to beat me with a gun. I mean, if you were a better player, you'd clearly be able to beat me.

So, balance would still be fine even if I bring a gun to a swordfight -- under your line of reasoning. Anyone who complains about me having a gun, are in serious need of L2P. You cannot say the game is unbalanced because some good players actually can beat my gunslinger samurai with just a sword. If they can do it, it means there's no balance problem at all. ..."

There. That's what you're basically endorsing. Good example, IMO.

9/10 IGN "Like skyrim with Guns"

LordKracen
04-06-2017, 03:35 AM
The main problem with the PK is the guard change speed of some classes... Pure and simple, I think she could do with a slight damage nerf, but that is another discussion...
Lets put it into perspective using frames (PC 60FPS);
Peacekeeper light attacks are 31 frames each from all directions, as is the case with most characters, but the second swing being 25 frames for her, to top it off she can repeat this combination of her double light combo with very little recovery time in between, hence why it is called light spam.
So, keeping in mind her attack speeds of 31 and 25 frames we then look at guard change speeds.
Using the slowest guard change of the Raider with 22 frames, they have a total of 9 frames (roughly 160ms) to react to block the first attack and 3 frames (roughly 50ms) to block the second should they miss the first.
Compare that to the Warlord of a 5 frame guard change, has 26 frames (roughly 400ms) to react to the first attack and 20 frames (333ms) to react to the second should they miss the first.

Now, should we bring her zone attack into this which is 18 frames, a Raider has literally 0 ability to defend against this attack unless he already blocking the right... Therefore, any class which has a guard change speed slower than her zone attack (Lawbringer, Nobushi, Shugoki and Raider) must always have their guard on the right hand side of a Peacekeeper to ensure this doesn't happen. Meanwhile the Peacekeeper can comfortable spin their guard around freely and swing at any random direction so long as it isn't the right hand side (their left), forcing classes like these to have reaction times of 160-200ms for every other possible attack.

Which leads me to my point, certain classes have legitimate reasons to complain about Peacekeepers, and the problem is the zone attack speed and their guard change speed.
Now, you can use the argument about zone attacks for any class as they can be activated from any location, but only the Peacekeepers is physically faster than some people can change their guard even if they reacted instantly.

RoosterIlluzion
04-06-2017, 03:35 AM
So you admit yourself that PK uses nothing but light spam that's too fast to block. I say, keep everyone's speed where it's at and increase the slow hero block speed.

cragar212
04-06-2017, 04:49 AM
Hmm unless you are actively competing in these tournaments it doesn't affect you anyways. These tournaments have an entry fee and the majority of competitors preferred it this way /shrug. Plenty of tournaments running that haven't banned pk.

Raven-Mad
04-06-2017, 05:04 AM
The main problem with the PK is the guard change speed of some classes... Pure and simple, I think she could do with a slight damage nerf, but that is another discussion...

I disagree it's the main problem, it's a problem possibly, but not the main problem. The main problem is one of effort vs effort, the balance of how hard it is for one class to fight a PK. Sure, any class nearly can beat a PK if they get their prediction down by reading their opponent. The issue is the PK can do the same to them, but more than that the PK is the one that demands you get a hard/fast read on them in order to be able to fight them. To ever punish a zone attack you must accurately predict when it will occur and get the parry. Many pks are obvious, but this is because they're bad or are doing something bad, not because the class is not op. Many Wardens are obvious with their SB vortex and always just guard break soft cancel, doesn't mean the SB vortex isn't really strong, and of course you can avoid it completely multiple different ways. The issue is effort vs effort. The effort a Warden even, as unquestionably one of the top 5 (even if he's considered the weakest/2nd weakest in 1v1 along with Shugoki), has to put in to beat a PK is enormous.

Let me put it this way: fought a rep 25 pk for like 5 matches a few days ago, fairly strong PK (I'm a fairly strong rep 11 warden), lost every match only winning a few of the rounds. Fought a rep 30 LB with insanely strong feint game, amazing prediction, near master of his class: won every match lost only a couple rounds.

The issue is the PK can punish any minor slip up, has the absolute best neutral game around, has unpunishable zone, has the best dodges by far (very hard to catch her in recovery frames where she can't tech), can't be punished when out of stam, has exceedingly high dps, insanely strong wall gb, and oh yeah has a very simple and easy to understand moveset.

escacleo
04-06-2017, 06:59 AM
So Ban PK for light spam but Shugoki oni charge spam to side heavy is ok? So what ban Shugoki and peacekeeper. Very few classes have some kind of exploit that the tournaments exhibit. If Ubisoft does watch tournaments I'm sure that's where they get their main ideas for nerfing OP abilities

CoyoteXStarrk
04-06-2017, 07:40 AM
I thank god people like you don't run this game OP lol

SendRickPics
04-06-2017, 07:52 AM
Your "it's your responsibility to L2P" argument only applies when the grounds are reasonably even amongst all classes. When you're forced to iceskate uphill, whereas your opponent enjoys the leisure of a downhill slalom, the responsibility to level the playing field comes before individual responsibility to adapt.

If you honestly think the PK is in the exact same playing field as any other class, and does not have its every move just haywire in an insane risk-reward ratio, then I guess there's no way to convince you otherwise.

All I can say is the simpler, colder, harder truth is that absolute majority of the people disagree with your assessment, and there does exist a problem with balance in regards to PK. Accept that as a "cold, hard truth," friend.

Argumentum ad Populum. The logical fallacy that just because a (perceived) majority of people say something, that it must obviously be true, is not actually the case.

DrinkinMyStella
04-06-2017, 10:20 AM
PK level 2 and 3 bot = Getting destroyed

End_My_Life12
04-06-2017, 10:40 AM
I really do not understand the Ban. Peacekeeper is fast yes however it is your responsibility as an above average player to adapt and overcome that challenge. otherwise you are not an above average player and no longer have the right to claim you are good. I main Lawbringer and have my own method specifically for fighting Peacekeepers. Wanna know how to learn to be good at facing a peacekeeper? Go online and play until you meet a good peacekeeper..I'm talking the most annoying hard to kill one you can find. Then make friends with said person and ask them to duel you in custom matches..I did that for literally 10hrs in one sitting..I lost a lot..and learned what works. that is how you do it. You take the beating until you learn how to beat a playstyle. That is a skill gap. Skill gaps are required in competitive fields in order for the Best of the Best to stand out. Otherwise it is just a bunch of noobs having a game they can all feel awesome with. Do we as a community of gamers not see the flaw in this crap. Back in the old Halo days..Halo being the Godfather of MLG in the beginning. You knew who was good or not, because your skill was forged out of pure beatings. That is how champions in competitions are made.

You do not baby a pro player or someone wishing to be known as such. You put them up against anything and everything you can muster and their real measure will be known after. After reading someone admit they cannot handle a character I deduce that is a very bad player who can only win if the circumstances meet their skill level...meaning it is an average player who is still on a long road to being considered Good at the game.

-with respect
,OddGirl.

You know Peacekeeper is broken when a Peacekeeper main is pretending to use another character and claiming she's balanced lol. Caught you in a game, and I was sure to take screenshots!

http://imgur.com/3dmgxhF

http://imgur.com/3dmgxhFhttp://i.imgur.com/3dmgxhF.png

lDelicious
04-06-2017, 11:03 AM
The Peacekeeper only became OP when the so called "pro" players started discovering "tech". The specific "tech" that made her OP was the indicator bug, and lo and behold, this was not mentioned in the dev stream.

Amazing isn't it? Everyone complains about the PK, but no one has a problem with the Wardens 25/25/25/25 SB.

End_My_Life12
04-06-2017, 11:05 AM
http://i.imgur.com/6ODRSlH.png

IAmOddGirl
04-06-2017, 11:18 AM
You know Peacekeeper is broken when a Peacekeeper main is pretending to use another character and claiming she's balanced lol. Caught you in a game, and I was sure to take screenshots!

http://imgur.com/3dmgxhF

http://imgur.com/3dmgxhFhttp://i.imgur.com/3dmgxhF.png

http://thumbnails101.imagebam.com/54211/0587a6542101384.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/0587a6542101384)

IAmOddGirl
04-06-2017, 11:19 AM
http://thumbnails101.imagebam.com/54211/722689542101394.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/722689542101394)

As I said..Lawbringer Main. Now i want someone to give their opinion on why would a Lawbringer main want to master a Peacekeeper?

Yokonato
04-06-2017, 11:23 AM
http://thumbnails101.imagebam.com/54211/722689542101394.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/722689542101394)

Now i want someone to give their opinion on why would a Lawbringer main want to master a Peacekeeper?

They were improving their KD til lawbringer buff arrives Deus Vult:p

vgrimr_J
04-06-2017, 11:25 AM
people just cry out for nerfs beacause they cant fight against pk thats sad. only thing in pk needs to be nerfed is the ZA speed

CoyoteXStarrk
04-06-2017, 11:26 AM
This thread just keep getting better lol

*Popcorn gif*

IAmOddGirl
04-06-2017, 11:29 AM
They were improving their KD til lawbringer buff arrives Deus Vult:p

I do just fine with Lawbringer. Noobs will always attempt to gank a 108 Lawbringer without any fears lol. 4 morons ganking me = good KD potential there

SuperJoule
04-06-2017, 11:32 AM
I really do not understand the Ban. Peacekeeper is fast yes however it is your responsibility as an above average player to adapt and overcome that challenge. otherwise you are not an above average player and no longer have the right to claim you are good. I main Lawbringer and have my own method specifically for fighting Peacekeepers. Wanna know how to learn to be good at facing a peacekeeper? Go online and play until you meet a good peacekeeper..

Someone said this was intelligent, I'm claiming bias on that one.
You're basically copy+pasting normal lackluster internet arguements.

What i've heard about tournaments is that it's a scene filled with like 3 characters, warlord, peacekeeper & conqueror.
If in a game that has now 12 heroes, and only 3-4 of them are being played competetive, because of the balance being completely broken.
Then, it stops being a L2P issue, and starts becoming an abuse issue, like anabolic steroids.

Your arguement is as silly as this:
"You weight lift less than someone who use anabolic steroids, you need to git gud"

It just doesn't make sense, you can't just not acknowledge that the other guy is "cheating"

IAmOddGirl
04-06-2017, 11:32 AM
Just so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KI2T6hdMFg0

End_My_Life12
04-06-2017, 11:36 AM
http://thumbnails101.imagebam.com/54211/0587a6542101384.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/0587a6542101384)

Awfully convinent how in your whole "Peacekeeper totally isn't OP" thread you never once mentioned that you regularly play PK and have her up to rep 9. If you were really trying to convince people she isn't you probably would have mentioned that on your own.

Also your playstyle as PK was so great, I enjoyed watching you spam lights nonstop, very skillfull!

IAmOddGirl
04-06-2017, 11:44 AM
Awfully convinent how in your whole "Peacekeeper totally isn't OP" thread you never once mentioned that you regularly play PK and have her up to rep 9. If you were really trying to convince people she isn't you probably would have mentioned that on your own.

Also your playstyle as PK was so great, I enjoyed watching you spam lights nonstop, very skillfull!

if its a matter of living or dying if I don't get some health right now then that's your bad for not releasing the lock on to toggle release the stun lock. Also i said I main a Lawbringer because I do. I've always enjoyed being a tanky character. I'm not the best with either, but i do use Honor in fights if it's able. 2v1 3v1 or 4v1 hell no..I'll do whatever it takes. I still might die but I'll try my best not to. I have done plenty of 1 on 1 scenarios where it's like we signed a contract mentally not to use revenge on each other or feats. I love those fights the most to be honest. I keep a decent crew most of the time but like...say you have a fire flask or catapult and revenge and it is a 3v1..game is on the line..if you accept the death and not do whatever it takes right there to get the win or at least try to..then ur worthless space and wont be in the lobby next round for sure.

IAmOddGirl
04-06-2017, 11:46 AM
Just like if it's an edge of a cliff or some spikes..I'll walk by it if thats where they wanna fight..it's my fault for not counter guard breaking if I end up taking the short end of that stick, Although i do detest throw offs more than anything in For Honor..it is a part of the game and some players give no SH** about Fa AnnaH!!

Aarpian
04-06-2017, 11:47 AM
if its a matter of living or dying if I don't get some health right now then that's your bad for not releasing the lock on to toggle release the stun lock. Also i said I main a Lawbringer because I do. I've always enjoyed being a tanky character. I'm not the best with either, but i do use Honor in fights if it's able. 2v1 3v1 or 4v1 hell no..I'll do whatever it takes. I still might die but I'll try my best not to. I have done plenty of 1 on 1 scenarios where it's like we signed a contract mentally not to use revenge on each other or feats. I love those fights the most to be honest. I keep a decent crew most of the time but like...say you have a fire flask or catapult and revenge and it is a 3v1..game is on the line..if you accept the death and not do whatever it takes right there to get the win or at least try to..then ur worthless space and wont be in the lobby next round for sure.

That's a lot of irrelevant information there.

For the record, PK was banned for the sake of fun/diversity. It's awfully boring watching the same class make up the vast majority of the top spots every time - and make no mistake, it's because she's wildly overpowered that this is happening.

If you want to see the same thing every time, well, I'm afraid you're in the minority.

End_My_Life12
04-06-2017, 11:48 AM

And what does this have to do with you claiming PK isn't overpowered, all the while not mentioning that you have her up to rep 9, almost as high as your main? And you do realize that on console the frame rate is lower so there's actually not enough time to properly react to PKs lights right?

Gray360UK
04-06-2017, 11:49 AM

Wow! Congratulations, you win sheep of the day award for outstanding contribution in the field of not using your own brain. Well done!

http://cdn.images.express.co.uk/img/dynamic/109/590x/Lamb-in-the-grass-567099.jpg

Did you happen to notice that multiple PKs died to the Lawbringer? Soooo ... apparently those ones weren't very OP.

Did you also happen to notice the PK killed by her PK? Soooo .... apparently that one wasn't very OP either.

Lastly, but probably most importantly of all, there wasn't any PK light spam in the video. You don't even know what it is you are supposed to dislike about PKs do you? At least if you are going to jump on the hate bandwagon try to have a basic understanding of what it is you are hating. :rolleyes:

IAmOddGirl
04-06-2017, 11:52 AM
I did get more encouragement to up my Lawbringer game so I'll be on that more now. I tried out for a Good Team and it was a 1v1 twice against their best and then a 2v1. I got MAN HANDLED. So I have much more to learn. I was on PK and they were Warden, Lawbringer, and Conqueror. I didn't win at all. So don't tell me it's not possible..I fancy myself ok at PK..I can clutch it 8/10 games for sure..and actually have alot of high KD matches..alot!! and these guys had no problem from me..I still made it on the team because they saw potential but man I was sure shown my spot to sit.

End_My_Life12
04-06-2017, 11:53 AM
Wow! Congratulations, you win sheep of the day award for outstanding contribution in the field of not using your own brain. Well done!

http://cdn.images.express.co.uk/img/dynamic/109/590x/Lamb-in-the-grass-567099.jpg

Did you happen to notice that multiple PKs died to the Lawbringer? Soooo ... apparently those ones weren't very OP.

Did you also happen to notice the PK killed by her PK? Soooo .... apparently that one wasn't very OP either.

Lastly, but probably most importantly of all, there wasn't any PK light spam in the video. You don't even know what it is you are supposed to dislike about PKs do you? At least if you are going to jump on the hate bandwagon try to have a basic understanding of what it is you are hating. :rolleyes:

Woah.....it's almost as if......not everyone who picks PK is good. This is just mindblowing stuff!

IAmOddGirl
04-06-2017, 11:56 AM
I didn't find out until after who ATK Mang0 was either lol..Number 1 lawbringer across every platform currently...should've done my homework beforehand.

Yokonato
04-06-2017, 11:58 AM
And what does this have to do with you claiming PK isn't overpowered, all the while not mentioning that you have her up to rep 9, almost as high as your main? And you do realize that on console the frame rate is lower so there's actually not enough time to properly react to PKs lights right?

Wont lie console makes blocking PK a pain in the holy lands, but that wasnt light spam, lots of revenge in dem vids of lawbringer play though :p, I wish I got them matchups that one pk didnt seem to know how to dodge or parry!

End_My_Life12
04-06-2017, 12:01 PM
Wont lie console makes blocking PK a pain in the holy lands, but that wasnt light spam, lots of revenge in dem vids of lawbringer play though :p, I wish I got them matchups that one pk didnt seem to know how to dodge or parry!

When I said I enjoyed watching her light spam I was referring to the game we were in when I took those screenshots, not the video they posted

IAmOddGirl
04-06-2017, 12:01 PM
It's all just mind games homie..any player can best a more skillfully superior player if they feel pressured or panic for any amounts of time. Momentum.

IAmOddGirl
04-06-2017, 12:05 PM
although that most likely was a great NOOB. It's just thats what i was meaning lol..I don't need KD help..I am just a very huge 1v1 fan..I love duels more than anything..and PK is hard to handle if the player has any sense and can at least read and comprehend the moveset screen lol. So best way to learn how to beat something is to become one..see what they do..what makes them tick. That and the 10hour 1v1 session I did against a master PK helps me out. Next in line is Berserker for me. I hate to face a good Berserker.

Yokonato
04-06-2017, 12:15 PM
When I said I enjoyed watching her light spam I was referring to the game we were in when I took those screenshots, not the video they posted

O OK, From the dominion clips i saw everything goes from bombs to ********s, I reserve judgement til Odd uploads some duel clips though so we can see dem skillz:cool:

Yokonato
04-06-2017, 12:16 PM
although that most likely was a great NOOB. It's just thats what i was meaning lol..I don't need KD help..I am just a very huge 1v1 fan..I love duels more than anything..and PK is hard to handle if the player has any sense and can at least read and comprehend the moveset screen lol. So best way to learn how to beat something is to become one..see what they do..what makes them tick. That and the 10hour 1v1 session I did against a master PK helps me out. Next in line is Berserker for me. I hate to face a good Berserker.

We need to see some of your latest pvp so this thread can be put to rest

IAmOddGirl
04-06-2017, 12:18 PM
also I have to recommend Sypher PK. He is a youtuber..and he is a GOD among men at ESO and now also For Honor..he has some very very good guides..like he kills assassins like PK with his Raider with little effort.

IAmOddGirl
04-06-2017, 12:20 PM
I have a Lawbringer elimination clutch if that counts for now..I'll have to get some duel footage though..if that is actually something ppl dig watching I'll for sure do it

IAmOddGirl
04-06-2017, 12:21 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWhGC0v3RVk

IAmOddGirl
04-06-2017, 12:29 PM
I am gonna work on that today..until then here is some Raw footage from my stream..so its not only the flashy fights..it's duels and brawls..

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/122210009

IAmOddGirl
04-06-2017, 12:33 PM
Also for the people saying how overpowered the PK zone attack is...that must make Sypher a god among men because Raider is one of the slower guards..and well..just watch.

1:27 is his fight against a PK

https://youtu.be/ypHP_jAkO8U?t=89

Yokonato
04-06-2017, 12:40 PM
Also for the people saying how overpowered the PK zone attack is...that must make Sypher a god among men because Raider is one of the slower guards..and well..just watch.

not bad raider clips kind of on the ropes on that ZA parry seemed kinda right time right place moment, thought dat second fight Idont think i ever seen a pk run of stamina and think its a good idea to keep trying to hit someone who who parried you once than twice

End_My_Life12
04-06-2017, 12:41 PM

"PK isn't overpowered because this guy beat a few"

You keep ignoring the fact that you literally do not have enough time on console to reliably keep up with PK light spam because of the frame rate.

Gray360UK
04-06-2017, 12:44 PM
Also for the people saying how overpowered the PK zone attack is...that must make Sypher a god among men because Raider is one of the slower guards..and well..just watch

It's almost as if PK isn't OP ... ;)

Gray360UK
04-06-2017, 12:48 PM
"PK isn't overpowered because this guy beat a few".

Or "PK is overpowered because this guy didn't beat a few" :rolleyes:

As someone who has demonstrated clearly he doesn't even know what light spam is, you are not one to judge.

End_My_Life12
04-06-2017, 12:51 PM
Or "PK is overpowered because this guy didn't beat a few" :rolleyes:

As someone who has demonstrated clearly he doesn't even know what light spam is, you are not one to judge.

You're claiming PK is not overpowered because of videos where someone beats a PK, who is not using light spam. Do you have any idea how stupid that is? Yes a PK who does not abuse light spam is not nearly as big of a problem as one who does abuse light spam, and again, the frame rate on console is lower than pc, making PKs light spam too fast to reliably react too.

Gray360UK
04-06-2017, 01:02 PM
You're claiming PK is not overpowered because of videos where someone beats a PK, who is not using light spam. Do you have any idea how stupid that is? Yes a PK who does not abuse light spam is not nearly as big of a problem as one who does abuse light spam, and again, the frame rate on console is lower than pc, making PKs light spam too fast to reliably react too.

No I'm claiming you are not worth listening to because, as you now admit apparently (see bolded) the video on which you commented "Also your playstyle as PK was so great, I enjoyed watching you spam lights nonstop, very skillfull!" didn't actually have any light spam in it.

Just a few comments later we have a total reversal of your opinion about that video and what's in it because someone else pointed out to you that what you claim you hate seeing is not actually there. It's an epic facepalm. After demonstrating that level of ignorance, what you have to say about PKs is irrelevant to me. You are just a sheep jumping on the hate bandwagon. That is what I am claiming.

Point being, if I'm going to talk about what's wrong with light spam with anyone, I'd rather talk to someone who actually knows what it is ;)

cragar212
04-06-2017, 01:06 PM
Uhh what platform does the OP play on? If he plays pc im gonna facepalm extra.

Linking vids of people killing random pks on pc has made me even more skeptical of the OPs reasoning

Yokonato
04-06-2017, 01:09 PM
Uhh what platform does the OP play on? If he plays pc im gonna facepalm extra.

Linking vids of people killing random pks on pc has made me even more skeptical of the OPs reasoning

The raider is pc I . Odd is on console not sure if thats their only main though ,havent sat through Odd twitch clip yet to see if they fought any worthwhile PK though

ItsHolyman666
04-06-2017, 01:13 PM
...so the whole premise of your post was that because you spent 10 HOURS learning how to play against a parcitular class, and still by your own admission barely managed to beat it, it's perfectly fine. Sorry but no lol.

Sounds like you discovered your own cold, hard truth but are just too blind to see. I'll not be stupid and say you can't play or are bad, obviously anyone who will sink the time into it that you have is decent or at the very least has the capability to become decent, but why can you not see that 10 hours of practice still not leading to victory is a problem inherent with the character? No other class in the game requires 10 hours of experience just to be able to not get slaughtered. The class is broken. Cold, hard, truth.

Also, what happens when they do change the character and what you spent 10 hours learning no longer applies? This is why it's better to have all heroes on a more even footing from the start

kweassa1917
04-06-2017, 01:14 PM

What the "see the PK is not OP, because you can counter THIS with THAT crowd is missing, is that they see the tree but not the forest. How the individual, advantageous traits all come together within a single class to synergize. and provide an overall advantage that may overwhelm the enemy. One of its traits may be blocked off, countered, dealt with, but what about the next one? And the next? And the next?

Light spam is bad, but is that the only weapon in the arsenal? Anyone can block some light spam if the PK just merrily walks on over and starts swinging like an idiot Bot, but people don't do that. They move, dodge, lure, bait. When you're faster and have better dodge momentum, your overall likelihood of being counter-attacked and interrupt goes down. The chances of your own light attack just cutting off everything the other guy attempts goes way higher, and then from that point on, when things fail like that the other guy is pressured and becomes passive. Then you gain more freedom to set the opponent up to your liking.

This is what the PK players don't get. It's the overall package, the combined result of individual different traits that synergize into one heckuva monster of a class that is very difficult to counter.

They think people complain about the warden because people don't know how to set their guard left to block incoming warden ZA, and then manually react to top lights. They think people complain about his shoulder charge/cancel-GB 50:50 because people don't know how to keep distance. They think people complain about the PK because they don't know how block light spams or revenge-ZA spam.

No, people know how to counter those stuff individually. It's when they have ALL OF THAT ARSENAL at their disposal and are free to mix it up, which then becomes difficult to counter because the small, individual differences in performance are stacked one on top of the other.

It's this the PK players don't get.

brainfrog.345
04-06-2017, 01:14 PM

-with respect
,OddGirl.

by this logic you would also allow a motorcycle to take part in a bicycle race.
playing vs PK is like bringing a knive to a gunfight. Yes, it is possible to win. But how is it a fair competition when one has to put much less effort into the fight in order to win, than the other?

End_My_Life12
04-06-2017, 01:16 PM
No I'm claiming you are not worth listening to because, as you now admit apparently (see bolded) the video on which you commented "Also your playstyle as PK was so great, I enjoyed watching you spam lights nonstop, very skillfull!" didn't actually have any light spam in it.

Just a few comments later we have a total reversal of your opinion about that video and what's in it because someone else pointed out to you that what you claim you hate seeing is not actually there. It's an epic facepalm. After demonstrating that level of ignorance, what you have to say about PKs is irrelevant to me. You are just a sheep jumping on the hate bandwagon. That is what I am claiming.

Point being, if I'm going to talk about what's wrong with light spam with anyone, I'd rather talk to someone who actually knows what it is ;)

Do you have zero reading comprehension? I already stated that the light spam I saw her do was in the game I took screenshots of her playing her rep 9 Peacekeeper. Nowhere did I say this was a video she posted, this was in the game I played with her. I already stated this, but I guess being an idiot is easier than admitting that Peacekeeper is overpowered

Yokonato
04-06-2017, 01:32 PM
this whole thread is elaborate trap to destabilize the For Honor community and unleash the wolves . Apollyon !

Gray360UK
04-06-2017, 01:36 PM
It's this the PK players don't get.

I actually really do get that, and I can be found elsewhere arguing that this is why the nerfs the Devs are proposing have completely missed the mark.

They looked at 'where the damage comes' from and that has allowed light attacks to slip under the radar. The damage is not coming from light attacks. Like you said, it is the fact that they can be used as a finisher / surprise attack as part of a suite of moves that makes them so dangerous. If 70% of the damage comes from Sidesteps / Bleeds / Heavies that is all they will see using damage done. But it's the 30% at the end from 3 lights you can't react to that is the issue. For me it's very sad to see them nerfing moves that require timing and skill, while leaving lights untouched. This actually makes using lights more attractive and is looking for solutions in all the wrong places.

The 'OMG NERF LIGHT SPAM PK OP' crowd are just clouding the issue with their ignorance. If you cannot beat a PK that presses one button the PK is not the problem. I regularly face low level PKs who obviously thought they could roll a level 1 PK and Light Spam their way to victory. They are hilarious. They die very quickly with a confused look on their face. Too many sheep are jumping on the light spam bandwagon with no idea of what they are talking about, even commenting on or linking videos that don't have any light spam in them in order to show how OP the PK is because of light spam. :rolleyes:

Ubisoft have a bit of a problem on their hands because they want her to keep her prime advantage, being fast. It says FAST on her description in game when you select her. They probably will end up breaking the class altogether because they're nerfing all the wrong things first, and will then nerf the right things until the only weapon she has left in her arsenal is harsh language.

Plutonium Bug
04-06-2017, 01:39 PM
Just have a compare here ---> https://fhtracker.com/profile/xbox/I%20Am%20OddGirl/heroes
33% less playtime but only 10% less kills with PK
Oh and the difference in K/D is quite there as well.
So tell me how PK is not OP.
Same player 2 different classes completely different stats.

peace...

IAmOddGirl
04-06-2017, 04:07 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKL-mMmXoP8

Yarzahn
04-06-2017, 04:30 PM
I really do not understand the Ban. Peacekeeper is fast yes however it is your responsibility as an above average player to adapt and overcome

Are you assuming the enemy that plays the PK is not also an above average player that adapts and overcomes? Because he started the duel with a broadsword and I started it with a butter knife.
Yes, if I am really much better than him, I can kill him with the butterknife, but if his skill is close to mine, I'm in for a ****ty ride.

But if you
really do not understand the Ban then I guess common sense flies over your head.

https://media.giphy.com/media/vkbfsVHULOyR2/giphy.gif

RatedChaotic
04-06-2017, 04:46 PM
Sorry you can argue about everything til your blue in the face.........The only ones here with the real statistics are the Developers.....Not stat tracker sites or anyones personal videos.

SAVAGE_CABBAGE1
04-06-2017, 04:51 PM

You said it was easier for the PK in relation to the Lawbringer, you must have missed what that person said in that it was supposed to be a level playing field.
Furthermore, what you admitted to yourself is that the PK can achieve the same results as a Lawbringer with less work. At that point it's not skillful, it's unbalanced.

Yarzahn
04-06-2017, 04:58 PM

Posting a video of you beating a bad peacekeeper does not validade anything.

You have 51% Win Rate on your Rep 13 Lawbringer
You have 65% Win Rate on your Rep 9 PeaceKeeper
Your K/D ratio on your Lawbringer is 1.23 and on Peacekeeper is 2.16.

I mean how much of an hypocrit can you be to come on the forums and spew this trash with a personal record like that.
It's your highest win rate hero and your second most played hero. By a longshot.

You must have missed the part about playing against the peacekeeper in a 1v1 custom match for 10hrs

What happens when the enemy puts in an equal amount of effort and spends 10 hours playing his peace keeper against lawbringer? You gonna train for 200 more hours until you have a chance again?

People better at this game than you have banned her for a reason. Don't like it? Too bad.

I like this link
https://fhtracker.com/profile/xbox/I...OddGirl/heroes

SAVAGE_CABBAGE1
04-06-2017, 05:11 PM

Lol, this is hilarious. The PK you played was so one dimensional anyone could beat her.
The only time she light spammed, you were able to do nothing about for about 7 seconds.

GeekAndProud
04-06-2017, 05:15 PM
Doesn't matter what people think, huge pk nerf is now live.

Gray360UK
04-06-2017, 05:20 PM
Doesn't matter what people think, huge pk nerf is now live.

:rolleyes:

secrecy274
04-06-2017, 05:22 PM
Posting a video of you beating a bad peacekeeper does not validade anything.

You have 51% Win Rate on your Rep 13 Lawbringer
You have 65% Win Rate on your Rep 9 PeaceKeeper
Your K/D ratio on your Lawbringer is 1.23 and on Peacekeeper is 2.16.

I mean how much of an hypocrit can you be to come on the forums and spew this trash with a personal record like that.
It's your highest win rate hero and your second most played hero. By a longshot.

What happens when the enemy puts in an equal amount of effort and spends 10 hours playing his peace keeper against lawbringer? You gonna train for 200 more hours until you have a chance again?

People better at this game than you have banned her for a reason. Don't like it? Too bad.

I like this link
https://fhtracker.com/profile/xbox/I...OddGirl/heroes

I just have to cut in here.

Differences in stats between two characters may vary because of more reasons that one is more powerful. I main Lawbringer, and despite being decent in a 1v1, my Duel stats are crap. Why? Because duel was my go-to mode at the beginning, so I learned my character there. I'm currently fighting to raise my Win/loss and K/D in that mode to a decent lvl, I'm currently at 1.47 K/D (were negative before) and 66% Win/loss (would be higher if people didn't ragequit all the time). What I'm saying is that if he/she learned the game as a Lawbringer, but then moved on to Peacekeeper s/he will have an advantage with that character.

But as for the video... seriously, I can post multiple videos of me defeating Shugoki's, does that mean the Lawbringer is better than the Shugoki? No, not really. One video of one guy/girl defeating another guy/girl doesn't prove anything.