PDA

View Full Version : Convert salvage to steel

Mudflaaaps
04-06-2017, 01:20 AM
Currently, salvage is totally pointless once you've hit rep 3-4.
How about you make it possible to convert it to steel?

Obviously you want to protect your micro transactions, so I suggest 10,000 salvage to 1000 steel. Nothing major, less than you can get from a days orders. But something to actually make all that useless loot a bit more worth it.

cragar212
04-06-2017, 04:44 AM
Yes. I have over 150,000 salvage it's kinda silly. Lack of foresight on Ubis part

pancakerz
04-06-2017, 04:56 AM
"oh, we're not getting enough steel. It will take far too long for us to unlock EVERY SINGLE ITEM IN THE GAME."

"oh, we're getting too much salvage and there's nothing for us to spend it on. Please give us something else to spend it on."

There is no pleasing this community. $20 says that if equipment upgrades cost more, people would complain about them being too expensive, and it taking too long to max out your gear on all 4 heroes per faction, despite only actually using 1 hero per faction.

cragar212
04-06-2017, 05:05 AM
"oh, we're not getting enough steel. It will take far too long for us to unlock EVERY SINGLE ITEM IN THE GAME."

"oh, we're getting too much salvage and there's nothing for us to spend it on. Please give us something else to spend it on."

There is no pleasing this community. $20 says that if equipment upgrades cost more, people would complain about them being too expensive, and it taking too long to max out your gear on all 4 heroes per faction, despite only actually using 1 hero per faction.

Hmm you seem angry...

I think the point of this is salvage is a completely worthless currency and currently there is no reason for it to be in the game. The OPs suggestion would atleast give it a purpose.

CoyoteXStarrk
04-06-2017, 06:16 AM
I have a better Idea.

Let us convert salvage into pieces of armor we want for transmog.

escacleo
04-06-2017, 06:50 AM
Salvage should be used for upgrading armor and transmogrification. Not sure why it costs steel other than "Hey people will buy steel if we sink it into everything." Sitting on 32k salvage and it's something you will never run out of.

The_B0G_
04-06-2017, 06:57 AM
After this season is over and the first dlc hits and they add new armor and raise the gear score I'm sure it's going to cost a ton of it to get max upgrade.

If not, I still can't see them giving us another way to get steel other than micro transactions. You don't even get extra steel for winning a match, loser and winner get the same, the're being pretty tight with how much steel they give out.

ninjacut
04-06-2017, 07:09 AM
After this season is over and the first dlc hits and they add new armor and raise the gear score I'm sure it's going to cost a ton of it to get max upgrade.

If not, I still can't see them giving us another way to get steel other than micro transactions. You don't even get extra steel for winning a match, loser and winner get the same, the're being pretty tight with how much steel they give out.

Yeah, I think with the next season there will be a use for savage again. Also to the new equipment there are 2 new heroes who have to be upgraded if you want to use them.

FirestormX5
04-06-2017, 07:16 AM
Currently, salvage is totally pointless once you've hit rep 3-4.
How about you make it possible to convert it to steel?

Obviously you want to protect your micro transactions, so I suggest 10,000 salvage to 1000 steel. Nothing major, less than you can get from a days orders. But something to actually make all that useless loot a bit more worth it.

its funny I said this about 3 weeks ago, I am sitting on over 100k salvage between my heroes..who in their right mind keeps unwanted resources? ideally in a real world you would trade it...so its a reasonable thing to be done in game

The_B0G_
04-06-2017, 07:19 AM
Yeah, I think with the next season there will be a use for savage again. Also to the new equipment there are 2 new heroes who have to be upgraded if you want to use them.

I wonder if the new heroes can use any factions salvage or are they kind of in the DLC faction group. I'm pretty sure the 3 factions all have their own salvage pool to draw from.

Hillbill79
04-06-2017, 10:39 AM
You should be allowed to use spare salvage to purchase "appearances"......By that I mean.... on my zerker I have a zaback left head, but haven't found a right head yet, but I want one.... so they should have an option I could buy, with salvage, the appearance for the right head I want.... no stats on it, just an appearance so I can get the look I want.

Steel would be good too.... Say trade in 1000 salvage for 100 steel or something like that.

Perhaps even trade in salvage for XP...

Or be able to craft something, like the division....Take these axe handles, and these heads, combine them with these handles and these heads, plus a certain amount of salvage will give me a new set of axes.... that kind of thing.... make the craftable items unique, make it so that's the only possible way to get them.... gives you something to do when your presige is at a higher level and you're already maxed out. More incentives.

Plutonium Bug
04-06-2017, 11:13 AM
And then you have me sitting here with hardly any salvage materials lol.
Got my Warden to 105 and Conq to 88 and the both use the same pile.
The Sam have enough only got nobushi and she is 108 already

ninjacut
04-06-2017, 01:12 PM
I wonder if the new heroes can use any factions salvage or are they kind of in the DLC faction group. I'm pretty sure the 3 factions all have their own salvage pool to draw from.

I think they gonne be directed to the factions, so the ninja is going to need samurai savage and the centurio the savage from the knights.

Mudflaaaps
04-06-2017, 01:47 PM
Where did I say anything even similar to that? Stop raging over non existent problems and go outside idiot.

Mudflaaaps
04-06-2017, 01:50 PM
Those suggesting turning salvage into new gear, yeah cool I'd be on board. But I don't see it happening. It would involve a lot of new items, something they won't likely do. Turning into current gear would do nothing, as all that useless salvage comes from useless gear. Steel is the only use I see salvage having, although I think they'd have to delete of your current salvage, because as someone said up above he has 150k. I have a good 100k too, that would be a lot of steel to just give away (because micro transactions give them more money)

Mudflaaaps
04-06-2017, 01:52 PM
Whoever suggested turning steel into xp, nah man. People would just get every character in each salvage pool to ridiculous levels really easily. High levels=high revenge builds=even more broken game. Nice idea in theory though

RatedChaotic
04-06-2017, 02:41 PM
And then you have me sitting here with hardly any salvage materials lol.
Got my Warden to 105 and Conq to 88 and the both use the same pile.
The Sam have enough only got nobushi and she is 108 already

Same loads of steel and no salvage. hmmmmm Tho I am still sitting on a boat load of crates.

Nxtgen_Soco
04-06-2017, 02:44 PM
sitting on 4k steal 66k salvage I think this a good idea to have some conversion for this even if its drastic like 1000 salvage = 100 steal