PDA

View Full Version : For Honor is Broken

FHisBroken666
04-05-2017, 08:03 PM
Let's take a minute so I can go through all the ******** For Honor has in it's game. Take note I have NEVER ranted about a game on their forums EVER. This game has tried my patience so much that it has made me go out of my way to make an account on here so these devs can maybe do something to fix their broken *** game.

Conqueror:
All anyone EVER does with this class is shield bash spam and heavy hit. SOME classes can some how get out of this, but for classes like mine (Lawbringer) it's impossible. I've tried everything. I've tried dodging, rolling away, blocking, GB, CGB(?). Everything. The only way out is when he runs out of stamina and by that time you're practically dead. There is no skill in this and no matter how much skill you have, you won't be able to get out. It's impossible.

Valkyrie:
Until I met the Valkyrie, I thought peacekeeper was the cheapest most abused character, until I started to come across a lot of Valkyries. This character is the cheapest, most abused, annoying character to face in the game, which makes it the most broken. All she does is shield bash (and if that doesn't work she'll GB, there's multiple ways), sweeps you off your feet, heavy hit, shield bash, heavy hit, shield bash, etc. Maybe you can get out on agile characters. I doubt it. But you can NOT get out on heavy characters. It's even more cheap than the Conqueror because she kills you before she runs out of stamina. It's cheap as hell. And as if that wasn't enough, she has lightning fast strikes that drop players in seconds. And as if THAT wasn't enough, she can ALSO sweep the fkn SHUGOKI off his feet with her little stick. HOW TF DO YOU SWEEP A 500 POUND MAN OFF HIS FEET LIKE THAT WITH A TINY STICK?! He's supposed to be the "unbashable" one or whatever but his demise can be from a tiny stick that can sweep him off his feet some how. This character needs a serious overhaul.

Peacekeeper:
This character is fine as long as you make her stamina run out more quickly and her bleed effect not do as much. She goes in for a relentless assault an it's over because she can just attack forever. You can retreat sorta easy, but it's a lot more difficult for heavy characters.

Warlord:
Nerf the damn headbutt. I had some guy today headbutt me all the way across the platform and off the ledge. You try getting out, you can't. You're stuck.

And last but not least, the attack cancel function. All too much people go to do a move, then they cancel it, and they get a hit in because you have a millisecond to react. So people would abuse this. Kenseis do this and turn it into an unblockable overhead strike, then others like Valkyrie use this to sneak in a GB and to their never ending leg sweep heavy attack "combo". This needs to be fixed.

Straying away from the characters, lets talk about that season pass. This game is $60 and you're charging people $40 for 6 characters, a sunbeam emote, and 30 day champion status. Please tell me how this is worth it? In RS:S, they give you a year long VIP status with 10% off everything in the store. You're charging WAY too much for too little content. RS:S brings 8 character, yearlong VIP status which means more renown and 10% off all store items and more for only $30. Your season pass is a huge scam.

To wrap up this rant, I just want to say that I don't need people to reply to this saying that "you just suck at this game" or "you're not playing it right" or whatever. Obviously people who are active on here are just fanboys and they'll defend their precious game. If you're not like that though, that's great. Overall, this game needs to be fixed from cheap *** players who abuse the moves in this game.

psyminion
04-05-2017, 08:15 PM
hey OP, what is your main?
rep score?
who do you find easy to kill?

Pope138
04-05-2017, 08:17 PM
Posted this in another thread, pasting it here.

OP start a 1v1 duel custom game against a level 3 bot of any of the classes you think are overpowered. Set it for 99 rounds. By the end of the duel you'll be so much better at countering these classes and maybe understand that they weren't overpowered, you just didn't have the patience to learn how to fight them effectively. It's a common problem and practice is the best solution.

BTW, I'm not saying this game doesn't need balance tweaks, just saying that a lot of people are too quick to label something "imbalanced" when it's actually just "unfamiliar."

FHisBroken666
04-05-2017, 11:06 PM
hey OP, what is your main?
rep score?
who do you find easy to kill?

My main is Lawbringer rep 2. Raider and Shugoki are pretty easy for me. Though they could be good and/or do cheap moves listed above that make them difficult. I switch between characters a lot though so I can learn and play every character.

Bob__Gnarly
04-06-2017, 12:19 AM
My main is Lawbringer rep 2.

Well there's your problem. Unless you're really attached to him, then I suggest you try another class. Lawbringer is getting some buffs next balance patch, come back to him then.

Reign
04-06-2017, 12:27 AM
As a Conqueror main I ran into a Lawby the other day who absolutely wrecked me. I had to work my a$$ off just to drop him below half health and while Im not the best, I'm no slouch either. But by your logic I could have just rolled my face across my controller and beat him. This is not so, while some characters do need balance if you're good, you're good no matter who the opponent is.

VraguVrag
04-06-2017, 01:54 AM
Well there's your problem. Unless you're really attached to him, then I suggest you try another class. Lawbringer is getting some buffs next balance patch, come back to him then.

Or just stick with it, master it and when they buff it you will do even better!

kweassa1917
04-06-2017, 02:17 AM
Heh... another EVERYONE ELSE IS BROKEN EXCEPT MY CLASS argument.

Nothing to see here, folks, move along. :nonchalance:

katarzyna1974
04-06-2017, 02:25 AM
You know you can easily dodge Conq shield bash chain by double dodging backwards.

yorgos.protje
04-06-2017, 02:44 AM
Let's take a minute so I can go through all the ******** For Honor has in it's game. Take note I have NEVER ranted about a game on their forums EVER. This game has tried my patience so much that it has made me go out of my way to make an account on here so these devs can maybe do something to fix their broken *** game.

Conqueror:
All anyone EVER does with this class is shield bash spam and heavy hit. SOME classes can some how get out of this, but for classes like mine (Lawbringer) it's impossible. I've tried everything. I've tried dodging, rolling away, blocking, GB, CGB(?). Everything. The only way out is when he runs out of stamina and by that time you're practically dead. There is no skill in this and no matter how much skill you have, you won't be able to get out. It's impossible.

Valkyrie:
Until I met the Valkyrie, I thought peacekeeper was the cheapest most abused character, until I started to come across a lot of Valkyries. This character is the cheapest, most abused, annoying character to face in the game, which makes it the most broken. All she does is shield bash (and if that doesn't work she'll GB, there's multiple ways), sweeps you off your feet, heavy hit, shield bash, heavy hit, shield bash, etc. Maybe you can get out on agile characters. I doubt it. But you can NOT get out on heavy characters. It's even more cheap than the Conqueror because she kills you before she runs out of stamina. It's cheap as hell. And as if that wasn't enough, she has lightning fast strikes that drop players in seconds. And as if THAT wasn't enough, she can ALSO sweep the fkn SHUGOKI off his feet with her little stick. HOW TF DO YOU SWEEP A 500 POUND MAN OFF HIS FEET LIKE THAT WITH A TINY STICK?! He's supposed to be the "unbashable" one or whatever but his demise can be from a tiny stick that can sweep him off his feet some how. This character needs a serious overhaul.

Peacekeeper:
This character is fine as long as you make her stamina run out more quickly and her bleed effect not do as much. She goes in for a relentless assault an it's over because she can just attack forever. You can retreat sorta easy, but it's a lot more difficult for heavy characters.

Warlord:
Nerf the damn headbutt. I had some guy today headbutt me all the way across the platform and off the ledge. You try getting out, you can't. You're stuck.

And last but not least, the attack cancel function. All too much people go to do a move, then they cancel it, and they get a hit in because you have a millisecond to react. So people would abuse this. Kenseis do this and turn it into an unblockable overhead strike, then others like Valkyrie use this to sneak in a GB and to their never ending leg sweep heavy attack "combo". This needs to be fixed.

Straying away from the characters, lets talk about that season pass. This game is $60 and you're charging people $40 for 6 characters, a sunbeam emote, and 30 day champion status. Please tell me how this is worth it? In RS:S, they give you a year long VIP status with 10% off everything in the store. You're charging WAY too much for too little content. RS:S brings 8 character, yearlong VIP status which means more renown and 10% off all store items and more for only $30. Your season pass is a huge scam.

To wrap up this rant, I just want to say that I don't need people to reply to this saying that "you just suck at this game" or "you're not playing it right" or whatever. Obviously people who are active on here are just fanboys and they'll defend their precious game. If you're not like that though, that's great. Overall, this game needs to be fixed from cheap *** players who abuse the moves in this game.

you are right. Game is broken. Valkyre is too lame, they should fix this ASAP.

AKDagriZ
04-06-2017, 02:47 AM
i am a valkyrie main and some Lawbringer out there make me respect the law very well .It is true i don't abuse the speer sweep , first 8 prestige level sweeping was fun but not anymore i prefer to use her heavy attack cancel into side dash attack or a GB just like the OP call us out
some shugoki really make me reconsider about my skill level
as for the warlord and peacekeeper they are not that hard to beat ...they give you a lot of easy revenge by constantly attacking you if not spamming
Conqueror doesnt have any feint or combo or any dash attack , leave him alone
Kensei is a badass who will keep you on your toe until his last breath !

I get beat by any other hero in this game , and other day i have a k.d ration of 10.00 . So to me every characters seems legit with theirs pro and cons

Fenrirwolf24
04-06-2017, 03:18 AM
I main Valk and she really isnt all that good. Her lights do hardly any damage thats why her attacks are so quick. And the spear sweep is easy to dodge, just dodge back then punish her.

RoosterIlluzion
04-06-2017, 03:43 AM
You might be one of the conqueror players that doesn't spam shield & side heavy. Hence, your level playing against slower Hero's.

Ghost2173
04-06-2017, 04:15 AM
I agree with everything you said. MAJOR hero imbalances with attack speed, dodging, guard switching, etc. You forgot ****ty connections, rage quitters, and lobbies and matches that don't refill after people leave. This game sucks if I could I'd get my $100+ back. I have never gotten on forums or anything and I too have gone out of my way to complain to everyone i know about how bad this game is! Its not about skill either. There are certain things in a game like this that are at the core of gameplay blocking and dodging for instance I get there are more agile hero's but when the heavy ones can't dodge a move that is ONLY countered by dodging that's an issue.

bananaflow2017
04-06-2017, 06:29 AM
I really dont understand some of your statement. I msin valk and i can say to you: even a conq can dodge the sweep....

And if she would be as op as you das, Why does no one pick her in tournsments?
I can tell you. The trick is: just block the second light atack... or just dodge the sweep if you cant manage the block.
And thats it only a gb or a feint are my atack options.
Ok you can turn your heavy into a shoulder bash, but that is dodged really easy, also the shield bash...

CoyoteXStarrk
04-06-2017, 06:34 AM
Jesus and I thought I was salty about this game lol

AKDagriZ
04-06-2017, 02:10 PM
I really dont understand some of your statement. I msin valk and i can say to you: even a conq can dodge the sweep....

And if she would be as op as you das, Why does no one pick her in tournsments?
I can tell you. The trick is: just block the second light atack... or just dodge the sweep if you cant manage the block.
And thats it only a gb or a feint are my atack options.
Ok you can turn your heavy into a shoulder bash, but that is dodged really easy, also the shield bash...

no one pick her in tournament because if you get a light attack block you get free GB on you . I don,t think pros would look fooled like this in a tournament lol .
I will give you a good example : last night played my last game on sanctuary bridge enemy was camping C . A berzerker was waiting for me on the bridge.I was kind of cornered there.So id gave it a try feint a side heavy and go for a poucing thrust .Guess what he simply block top and free GB me and throw me off the bridge,shut the game go to bed enough for the day

Gray360UK
04-06-2017, 02:48 PM
Jesus and I thought I was salty about this game lol

Lot of people making you look reasonable this week, you gotta try harder mate, you are in danger of losing your crown ;)

Vrho_Si
04-06-2017, 02:57 PM
I loved it at first when it came out, was it just me or there were fewer connection issues than now. Even in the Betas i had fewer problems with the connection than now. Last time i was playing a dominion match i really had a good game, but just before we won i was disconnected. same happened twice in a row, then i tried Brawls, and started recording it. Me and my teammate were down 1-0, came back to 1-2, then it disconnected... again! I won't even go in the characters being unbalanced.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYne0bQSRLg

RatedChaotic
04-06-2017, 03:06 PM
I love seeing these threads by noobs. Claiming the game is broken. Your highest is rep 2 and you truly believe you have the game all figured out huh? Right.

2 posts only....Which both are here in this thread. Your highest is rep 2. Honestly it just looks like you pasted other peoples comments to your opening and called them your own.

I just find it funny how people think things are broken when its clear they havent tried everything in the game. btw dont put words in my mouth. I not once said there isnt problems with this game. Just saying by only being rep2 you haven't played the game long enough to know everything about the game.

WheepingSong
04-06-2017, 03:10 PM
Valkyrie:

Sorry, but this gave away that you sir need to learn to play the gamer properly first before complaining. If you don't parry the heavy after the shieldbash, then it's not the classes fault but your inability to punish fast classes with low hp.

FHisBroken666
04-24-2017, 04:27 AM
I love seeing these threads by noobs. Claiming the game is broken. Your highest is rep 2 and you truly believe you have the game all figured out huh? Right.

2 posts only....Which both are here in this thread. Your highest is rep 2. Honestly it just looks like you pasted other peoples comments to your opening and called them your own.

I just find it funny how people think things are broken when its clear they havent tried everything in the game. btw dont put words in my mouth. I not once said there isnt problems with this game. Just saying by only being rep2 you haven't played the game long enough to know everything about the game.

I don't see how the amount of posts I have is relevant? And my highest is rep 2 because I dont play lawbringer every single match. I switch between characters a lot, so no sir, I'm not a noob. There are things wrong with the game, it's hard to say there's not. And maybe not EVERYTHING I mentioned here is a huge problem, but a lot of it is.

FHisBroken666
04-24-2017, 04:31 AM
Sorry, but this gave away that you sir need to learn to play the gamer properly first before complaining. If you don't parry the heavy after the shieldbash, then it's not the classes fault but your inability to punish fast classes with low hp.

Lol so you're saying the reason it's my fault is because I didn't parry the very first attack? They heavy hit you while you're on the ground so you can't do anything. Agile characters can dodge the shield bash but slow characters can't.

MonkeyKing3733
10-03-2018, 03:49 AM
And I say to thee yee men and women of combat, I The Ungankable god can no longer parry while being ganked. The fakeouts "faint attacks" sre impossible to parry in 4v4 while your getting jumped by for people. Balance has gone out the window at this point and so has my love for this game. Its like Ubisoft makes these amazing games and just BREAK EM #HammerDown .

Rhyza.
10-03-2018, 07:50 AM
I'm sorry, but did you really put Valk and WL over the likes of Cent, Orochi, Warden, and Zerker?

Corentin10111
10-03-2018, 08:42 AM
I'm sorry, but did you really put Valk and WL over the likes of Cent, Orochi, Warden, and Zerker?

Valk is stronger than orochi and cent.
WL is stronger than cent.

Card1acArrest
10-03-2018, 10:34 AM
Play to rep 50, then come back and see if you still agree with yourself.
This game is not easy before you have put hundreds of hours into it.