PDA

View Full Version : So Ubisoft, you fight AFK farmers?

AnorLondetty
04-05-2017, 01:54 PM
Just joined Player VS AI Dominion and saw this as dozen of times before: https://youtu.be/S9tjU9SMcak

Question:
- Do you really fight AFK farmers?

I think it would be quite reasonable to cancel all previous fraction war results because there is no sense in fighting when there are hundreds of AFK farmers online.

OneTrueAlca
04-05-2017, 01:58 PM
You need to report them to get them banned, they dont get banned automatically without reports

AnorLondetty
04-05-2017, 02:03 PM
I did but I see this in each 2nd match..
I just wonder what action Ubisoft do for detecting AFK on a "server side" so to say.

Nephertaris
04-05-2017, 02:05 PM
2 AFK in one game... that's gross! TakunDes is right you should report them. I do so. Everytime I have a AFK in a match (mostly in dominion) I write them that I will report them if they stay AFK. Some leave the match, some don't. If they stay I leave the match and report them immediately to the support. In one case it took less then 24 hours to get a reply from the support.

WoodDaGawd
04-05-2017, 03:04 PM
They're not farming. They're just AFK. The system will boot them for inactivity.

I sometimes finish a game, walk off, thinking I'll be right back and forget its going. Not that im trying to get over on the game. I just sincerely got busy doing something else and forgot to exit the existing match.

Nephertaris
04-05-2017, 04:00 PM
They're not farming. They're just AFK. The system will boot them for inactivity.

I sometimes finish a game, walk off, thinking I'll be right back and forget its going. Not that im trying to get over on the game. I just sincerely got busy doing something else and forgot to exit the existing match.

If you know you go away from the game then you should quit the match. It is really annoying to play with others that are AFK (no matter for what reason, I don't assume that all AFKs do it on purpose) and you lose the match because of this. In this case it is better to play with bots than with players that do nothing. And by the way: if a player runs in circles he is not AFK by definition but he/she is also doing nothing for the team. This is on purpose. And I have seen that a lot.

WoodDaGawd
04-05-2017, 06:02 PM
If you know you go away from the game then you should quit the match. It is really annoying to play with others that are AFK (no matter for what reason, I don't assume that all AFKs do it on purpose) and you lose the match because of this. In this case it is better to play with bots than with players that do nothing. And by the way: if a player runs in circles he is not AFK by definition but he/she is also doing nothing for the team. This is on purpose. And I have seen that a lot.

Like I said, its not my intention to leave and not come back. Hard to quit when load times are sooo long and nature is calling NOW. Sometimes you want to grab a drink or run to the bathroom really quick while waiting for rewards or waiting on other people to go to ready status. Then one thing leads to another. What I usually come back to is "you have been kicked due to inactivity." Ive only done it a couple of times with this game but Its not only this game this has happened with.

As far as the AFK farmers. I agree they need to be punished. But the examples don't seem to be farmers. Just AFK. I could be wrong. But usually 97.5% of the time im not:)

NeoStyle1337
04-05-2017, 08:02 PM
Today 8/10 matches 2 guys afk if thats not alarming dont kbow what ia

Skarik-
04-05-2017, 08:14 PM
Just joined Player VS AI Dominion and saw this as dozen of times before: https://youtu.be/S9tjU9SMcak

Question:
- Do you really fight AFK farmers?

I think it would be quite reasonable to cancel all previous fraction war results because there is no sense in fighting when there are hundreds of AFK farmers online.

Apparently you dont read any gaming news since you missed the Scandal on how ubisoft banned over 30.000 people from the game for afk gaming permanently which was 1/3 of its community.

NeoStyle1337
04-06-2017, 01:28 AM
Apparently you dont read any gaming news since you missed the Scandal on how ubisoft banned over 30.000 people from the game for afk gaming permanently which was 1/3 of its community.
Looks like you are the one who doesnt read. They only banned players for cupple days

UbiNoty
04-06-2017, 01:55 AM
Please report them here (https://support.ubi.com/en-US/Cases/new?template=FHReportACheater).
Our AFK sanction process (https://forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-US/news-community/152-286175-16/how-were-fighting-afk-farming)
Actions we've taken against AFK farming. (http://ubi.li/qj7ec)

RoosterIlluzion
04-06-2017, 03:51 AM
Ubisoft does nothing about AFK players. They say that they do because it's a scare tactic in hopes that people will stop doing it, with the threat of a ban. Yet all you hear about are players that were mistakenly banned.

Or ubisoft is just really slow &/or selective about who they ban.