PDA

View Full Version : Banning players to not get rematched?

Casper5632
04-05-2017, 01:55 AM
I keep getting matched vs the same people over and over again. I did 4 duel matches in a row and got matched with the same enemy that crushed me the first time 3 out of the 4 times (The random player actually was third on this list).

Am I going to get in trouble for reporting players so it wont queue me back with them? I cant finish the duel order if it keeps putting me up against the same players I go 0/3 against.

UPDATE: I made this post between matches to get a new player and it made me wait to get the same player, so that was 4 out of 5 duels I was queued with the exact same player. I had to ALT+F4 twice just to avoid the insane load times and inability to leave a match until you get in the game.

Herbstlicht
04-05-2017, 02:01 AM
This would be abuse of the system. I would vote to really ban you for doing so. For reporting innocents, i mean .. c'mon! In most of the world there are even laws that prohibit this case of talk. Ok, the Americans now even got a president that doesn't care whom he accuses about what without any evidence or even if it is totally false. But hey, even then this should not be accepted behavior.

Just wait a bit or play a brawl in between.

Bah, how low some people get at times ...

Casper5632
04-05-2017, 02:05 AM
The only problem is the game only really rewards you for doing orders, and I dont have any brawl orders today. Every time there is a duel order I notice an extreme difference in the skill levels between the non gear gamemodes and geared gamemodes. Even though its showing a high player count in duel it feels the need to switch to "All Skill Levels" and queue me up with the same gut 4/6 of the matches I have played in the same hour, leading to me just leaving half of the matches I queue into in the period of an hour.

You cant just get CRUSHED and then think yeah im gonna stick around to see if I can win one more takedown while I give another 9 away. At that rate I would be spending literally like 8 hours for a single order.

I'm literally typing this out to waste time while I get requeued.

secrecy274
04-05-2017, 02:10 AM
As much as I can relate to your problem, I can't justify doing something like that. You're not only reporting a honest player for no legit reason at all, you're also cloging up the support with false cases, meaning it'll take longer until an actual cheater/hacker will get punished.

Casper5632
04-05-2017, 02:33 AM
But without any way to limit how wide of a net matchmaking will try to cast, no common sense as to comparing past player performance history in previous matches of the same type, and a reward system that grants the largest reward in the game for playing a specific match type I never do, I feel like I am playing a beta and just using a loophole to get around an issue until its actually patched. I mean TECHNICALLY I am considering they already said they havent made the system matchmake based on gear at all yet, so who is to say how long we will be waiting until matchmaking actually gets tuned for more practical means?

Egotistic_Ez
04-05-2017, 02:40 AM
Reporting someone doesn't stop you being matched with them. There was a PK a few weeks ago I reported because she was so laggy her dodges were teleporting her. I reported her (both in game and via the xbox live), requeued, and was promptly put into another game with her.

Casper5632
04-05-2017, 02:45 AM
I only do it in extreme situations when I will rage if I got matched with them again and its always worked, but I do it so rarely that I have never seen it not work.

Gray360UK
04-05-2017, 03:58 AM
This is disgusting and you should be ashamed of yourself.

Probably the saddest thing I have seen anyone admit to doing so far since the game came out.

Casper5632
04-05-2017, 04:10 AM
I have seen people admit to lag switching on the steam forums, use rubber bands to get steel and XP for being AFK, and drawing ****s as their emblem. You really need to look literally anywhere to see people ACTUALLY cheating, instead of putting in fake report requests just to compensate for a failed system. Its not hurting anyone to have someone see a random report that doesnt have any merit to it, and have a UBI customer support employee take 5 seconds to look at and turn down instead of me sitting in loading screens for the better part of a half hour because I need to keep leaving the match when it repeatedly queued me vs the same opponent.

SAVAGE_CABBAGE1
04-05-2017, 04:22 AM
I keep getting matched vs the same people over and over again. I did 4 duel matches in a row and got matched with the same enemy that crushed me the first time 3 out of the 4 times (The random player actually was third on this list).

Am I going to get in trouble for reporting players so it wont queue me back with them? I cant finish the duel order if it keeps putting me up against the same players I go 0/3 against.

UPDATE: I made this post between matches to get a new player and it made me wait to get the same player, so that was 4 out of 5 duels I was queued with the exact same player. I had to ALT+F4 twice just to avoid the insane load times and inability to leave a match until you get in the game.

How can you justify this? You want to stop a player from playing the game because you're not skilled enough to counter him. You should be ashamed for even considering this.

Casper5632
04-05-2017, 05:04 AM
How can you justify this? You want to stop a player from playing the game because you're not skilled enough to counter him. You should be ashamed for even considering this.

You think they would ban a player because one other player reported him for griefing when nobody actually said anything in said match? If they actually banned people without actually looking at the chat logs or combat logs I would have been banned dozens of times by all the people who rage on me for "spamming the same attack" or "cheap environmental kills"

The report system is just a means for us to point them in the direction of cheaters and people who ruin the game. We arent the judge and jury for these things, and its pretty funny you think UBI gave you that kind of power.

SAVAGE_CABBAGE1
04-05-2017, 05:40 AM
You think they would ban a player because one other player reported him for griefing when nobody actually said anything in said match? If they actually banned people without actually looking at the chat logs or combat logs I would have been banned dozens of times by all the people who rage on me for "spamming the same attack" or "cheap environmental kills"

The report system is just a means for us to point them in the direction of cheaters and people who ruin the game. We arent the judge and jury for these things, and its pretty funny you think UBI gave you that kind of power.

You screwed your own logic on this one. You are abusing a system that is meant to find cheaters, which I think is also a bannable offence on its own. You could always wait for about 5 minutes and find a fight then, but no, you just want to abuse the system.

CoyoteXStarrk
04-05-2017, 05:46 AM
This is disgusting and you should be ashamed of yourself.

Probably the saddest thing I have seen anyone admit to doing so far since the game came out.

Gray that hurts man.

And after all of the ridiculous things I have said.

How could you betray me like this......

FledgeSRondo
04-05-2017, 05:48 AM
Just exit the mode and take a break from contract orders for 10 minutes. There are plenty of things you can do in the game besides: gear up or customize your hero, play other game modes to get the experience (you still win gear, exp and steel you know), practice in custom match mode to test out different heroes movesets and combos, retool your emblem, watch guide videos on youtube for improving your skills, etc. All far more productive ways to kill a little time while you wait for the system to cycle in new players, and far less horrible than falsely reporting innocent people for crimes they haven't committed.

Gray360UK
04-05-2017, 11:48 AM
Gray that hurts man.

And after all of the ridiculous things I have said.

How could you betray me like this......

lol Sorry ;)

... but you are reasonable compared to this guy, I mean, you don't try to get the guys who attack you while you are bowing in a Duel banned, do you? :)

Gray360UK
04-05-2017, 11:55 AM
I have seen people admit to lag switching on the steam forums, use rubber bands to get steel and XP for being AFK, and drawing ****s as their emblem. You really need to look literally anywhere to see people ACTUALLY cheating, instead of putting in fake report requests just to compensate for a failed system. Its not hurting anyone to have someone see a random report that doesnt have any merit to it, and have a UBI customer support employee take 5 seconds to look at and turn down instead of me sitting in loading screens for the better part of a half hour because I need to keep leaving the match when it repeatedly queued me vs the same opponent.

Don't try to justify it.

If you think I need a history lesson on what's been posted on these forums you are very mistaken. The problem here is simply the extreme polar opposites in terms of the problem - you lose to a better player - and your solution - get an innocent good player who's only crime is being better than you banned from playing so you don't have to face him again.

It is in a totally different league from not wanting to actually play so going AFK.

What you are doing is malicious and self centred on a level that having an offensive symbol doesn't even come close to.

The complete absense of any shame over it at all is staggering. You are truly repulsive.

Nxtgen_Soco
04-05-2017, 12:45 PM
Am I missing the point in just waiting 2 mins and then starting match making?

Supercool5150
04-05-2017, 08:21 PM
Hey! There's this Ahole I work with that just bought the game and I don't even want him playing the same game as me. Can I get a ban button for that?

Casper5632
04-05-2017, 09:53 PM
A lot of people keep suggesting that I am banning people. The ONLY way a UBIsoft employee would even look at a case with a single report is if multiple people reported him for the same offense. In that case the employee would look at the data and see that it was false, wasting that employees time to allowing me to not get queued vs the same enemy multiple times in a row.

And just to make this clear that I DID take a break. I matched against one guy, and he crushed me because the match drifted to "All Skill Levels". Second time I queued it went there again and dropped me in the same match with him. I took a break for a minute, and came back and got a new player. The forth match I got was with the first guy again, and then the fifth match after that. In that entire hour it drifted to "All Skill Levels" 100% of my matches and made me wait for him so it would queue me back with the same guy that played the same class as me with more experience.

Don't try to justify it.

If you think I need a history lesson on what's been posted on these forums you are very mistaken. The problem here is simply the extreme polar opposites in terms of the problem - you lose to a better player - and your solution - get an innocent good player who's only crime is being better than you banned from playing so you don't have to face him again.

It is in a totally different league from not wanting to actually play so going AFK.

What you are doing is malicious and self centred on a level that having an offensive symbol doesn't even come close to.

The complete absense of any shame over it at all is staggering. You are truly repulsive.

You're using the term "Repulsive" because of a videogame, which already validated your argument. Again I am not banning anyone, because I do not work for UBISoft, and I trust that at the very least they dont ban people for X amount of reports in a single category. A report is a "Report" that goes up to the support agents who then investigate the incident. The fact you aren't even responding to this statement and anyone who is actually trying to make a point is just repeating the same thing is just attracting the people who are mad about a specific aspect of the game and came to the forums to rage, which I cant say I am completely innocent from.

Using the term ban in the subject line was a bad idea in hindsight, but that should have been fairly obvious without clarifying

AKDagriZ
04-05-2017, 10:10 PM
i understand your problem .but what you should have ask instead is a non-grata list of player you don't want to fight agaisn't inside your own game . But with evrything still need to be done it is probably a suggestion that will be very very very far on their to do list

Gray360UK
04-05-2017, 10:11 PM
A lot of people keep suggesting that I am banning people. The ONLY way a UBIsoft employee would even look at a case with a single report is if multiple people reported him for the same offense. In that case the employee would look at the data and see that it was false, wasting that employees time to allowing me to not get queued vs the same enemy multiple times in a row.

And just to make this clear that I DID take a break. I matched against one guy, and he crushed me because the match drifted to "All Skill Levels". Second time I queued it went there again and dropped me in the same match with him. I took a break for a minute, and came back and got a new player. The forth match I got was with the first guy again, and then the fifth match after that. In that entire hour it drifted to "All Skill Levels" 100% of my matches and made me wait for him so it would queue me back with the same guy that played the same class as me with more experience.

You're using the term "Repulsive" because of a videogame, which already validated your argument. Again I am not banning anyone, because I do not work for UBISoft, and I trust that at the very least they dont ban people for X amount of reports in a single category. A report is a "Report" that goes up to the support agents who then investigate the incident. The fact you aren't even responding to this statement and anyone who is actually trying to make a point is just repeating the same thing is just attracting the people who are mad about a specific aspect of the game and came to the forums to rage, which I cant say I am completely innocent from.

You are sick in the head, sorry, simple as that.

What you are doing is the equivalent of a bad football player submitting a false malicious report about a good football player on the opposing team to FIFA in the hope that they will ban him from the next match so that the bad player doesn't have to play against him.

And then, the icing on the cake, suggesting that because you are not FIFA, none of it is your responsibility, and if they banned him based on your malicious lie, that would not be your fault.

Totally messed up in the head. Truly the sickest, saddest logic I have ever seen in 30+ years of gaming. What makes it so sad is how you can see no wrong in it, defend it and shift the blame to the people who might do the banning based on your deceit.

And all this because you don't want to lose a match to a better player? So essentially your win / loss % and your K/D would mean nothing because you aren't facing any opponents you can't beat. All this is so that you can live in a safe space where no one gets to beat you?

But unlike others who can't just suck it up, you don't even have the decency to rage quit and suck up a 2 minute queue for another game. You actually concocted a scheme whereby you would attempt to get anyone better than you banned so you never have to face them again.

I used to play WoW for 4 years, PvPed every day, and there were some Horde teams we could never beat, highly coordinated teams with max level raid gear who would farm us. We all knew when they showed up we would lose. Not once, ever, did it even slightly cross my mind in that entire 4 years, that I should try to get these people banned from the game.

You are totally disgusting, and if there is any justice in the world I hope Ubisoft see this thread or get sick of your fake reports and ban you instead, for life.

Casper5632
04-05-2017, 10:18 PM
Wow man you are really heated on this topic. I really wanted to read all of that but after like the 3rd line it seemed like it was just one continuous insult so I feel like I have gotten the entire experience from just that part.

I am guessing you were reported for rubber band AFKing and insist you didnt do anything and got banned anyway, blaming it on people who do what I do to play ignorant.

psyminion
04-05-2017, 10:24 PM
https://i.imgflip.com/cxk9k.jpg

Reign
04-05-2017, 10:25 PM
I agree with Gray, and I've been gaming about the same amount of time 30+ years or so. The things I would like to say to describe you and your behavior would get me banned so I will keep my mouth shut. What I can say is suck it up buttercup everyone gets our number from time to time. If you can't play the game without falsely reporting good players you should just take a baseball bat to your PC/Xbox/PS4 because we would all be better off without you. So sorry you suck that much but either grow a pair or get out.

Herbstlicht
04-05-2017, 10:32 PM
I pray for Ubi employees to see this. He even admits stealing their time knowingly.
This community might be salty, whiny, aggressive, unreasonable at times and what else, but most want to have fun without ruining the fun of others.

You, OP, are real different and like other said before me, likely messed up in your head. To get you straight: try this stuff in rl and see the consequences.

Darn, people like him make me wondern how good net anonymity really is.

Casper5632
04-05-2017, 10:34 PM
Between disconnects, game bugs, missing maps that were included in the BETA, obviously intentionally leaked classes, and microtransactions in a pay to play game, I would say that much time is already wasted.

It just tossed me into a dominion match where the players on my team were 14/12/4, 1/2/7, 1/0/9, 1/0/7, and its not hard to guess which one I was, and the sad part is we almost won too. Needless to say it tried tossing me back into the same group the next match, so in the spirit of the post I just cant play dominion right now, or it will try and put me back into the match I left.

M0nty_1
04-05-2017, 11:38 PM
OK, I think it is clear that reporting people isn't an appropriate way to stop being matched with them in duels, and you might get yourself banned for misusing reporting. I think you really knew this already.
I agree it would be good if there was an option to request not to be matched against someone again. But I expect this is way down Ubi's priority list of enhancements, and certainly after fixing their unfit for purpose server stability.

I was in the same situation yesterday - duelling and kept getting rematched to the same person who had defeated me 10 times before. I went off and did some Story mode for a while... I'll try duelling again today, maybe..

UbiNoty
04-05-2017, 11:58 PM
Hi all,
Just popping in to provide you all with some insight on our sanctioning process.
1. A single report won't ban anybody - when reports come in we evaluate all the reports issued to a specific player/account before determining if we will issue a sanction or not.
2. As far was I'm aware, at this point, reporting another player will not prevent you from being matched up against them - so my suggestion would be to try switching to another game mode or taking a 10 minute stretch break.
3. Reporting players without reasonable cause is not something we take lightly either. If we discover that a player has been consistently issuing false reports, we will investigate their account as well and determine the proper course of action based on the severity of their behavior.

I get that it might be frustrating, and we're looking to tweak the way matchmaking works soon so this will hopefully be less of an issue in the future - but I'd strongly discourage you from reporting a player without any basis. Take 15 to get a snack instead.

Sanctioning in FH (https://support.ubi.com/en-us/faqs/000026239/For-Honor-Sanctions-Warnings-Suspensions-and-Bans-FH-PC-XB1-PS4)
Friendly reminder - We reserve the right to sanction any account that we find to be in violation of our Code of Conduct. (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1571524-Code-of-Conduct)

Good luck, have fun, play with honor.

Bob__Gnarly
04-06-2017, 12:05 AM
I can't believe this thread made it to 3 pages...

It should be obvious to anyone that reporting a player just because matchmaking keeps throwing you into the same match is wrong and stupid.

/thread

pancakerz
04-06-2017, 12:30 AM
This thread was over before it began, but I would still like to give my 2cents, because I feel it's worth mentioning.

First off: git gud. Don't stop reading there, because I have a point. This is one of the things that annoys me tremendously in this game, and that is that people absolutely HATE to lose for some reason. They lose and rage quit, or they ditch the lobby so we all have to go through the egregiously long matchmaking process again (just to get matched up with the same players). You don't "git gud" by beating up noobs. You learn by playing against opponents who are more skilled than you are and losing. Losing over and over and over. The reason you lose is because they play smarter and better than you. And the only way that YOU can get better, is by playing against people who are, get this, smarter and better than you. And checking your ego at the door so that you can learn.
Be friendly, ask for advice, have some fun with the duel, instead of making a big deal out of just winning and losing.

The second thing is: who cares about orders? I'll complete the pvp daily order, but that's about it. I won't go out of my way for most orders because I would rather enjoy my time playing than grind and hate it. For real dude, take a break, make a sandwich, calm down, and then come back to the game. It's not that important.

But falsely reporting is disgusting, and should have consequences imo, if the reported party is found to be completely innocent. That's just wasting the CSR's time.

Casper5632
04-06-2017, 01:08 AM
Its not really that I hate to lose. If I never lost that would defeat the purpose of a competitive game and devalue the thrill of winning. The main issue I have been having is when you know the outcome of the match before the match even starts. This can only dependably happen when there is an extreme difference in the experience and gear between teams, or if the game matches you up in a group exactly the same as the last match, where the last match was extremely one sided.

I care about my orders because you need to be prestige 5 to get good gear, and the difference between ilvl 1 and ilvl 108 could mean the difference between struggling in a 1v1, and spamming revenge and taking on 3 guys at once in the current build of the game.

The community representative clearly just spoke and verified my claim. No one player has almighty power to ban at their will, and if someone literally part of UBIsoft admitted it doesnt work anyway I must have just gotten lucky the few times I tried it.

pancakerz
04-06-2017, 01:23 AM
Its not really that I hate to lose. If I never lost that would defeat the purpose of a competitive game and devalue the thrill of winning. The main issue I have been having is when you know the outcome of the match before the match even starts. This can only dependably happen when there is an extreme difference in the experience and gear between teams, or if the game matches you up in a group exactly the same as the last match, where the last match was extremely one sided.

I care about my orders because you need to be prestige 5 to get good gear, and the difference between ilvl 1 and ilvl 108 could mean the difference between struggling in a 1v1, and spamming revenge and taking on 3 guys at once in the current build of the game.

The community representative clearly just spoke and verified my claim. No one player has almighty power to ban at their will, and if someone literally part of UBIsoft admitted it doesnt work anyway I must have just gotten lucky the few times I tried it.

I must have just gotten lucky the few times I tried it.

so you just admitted to falsely reporting people? Is that a reportable offense? I sure hope it is because that's disdainful.
Also, reppin the rep4/gear 0 over here. git gud and you can fight naked.

Casper5632
04-06-2017, 01:38 AM
The last person that said git gud and fight naked in game with me in the room went 1/9 and quit 3/4 of the way through the match, because someone was revenge spamming them and they raged. Gear isnt that amazing, but if you never get exhausted you are just wasting exhaustion recovery when it could make you get more revenge.

You can try and report me for reporting but there arent many options when it comes to reporting people. Only choices we get are cheating, griefing, and AFK I believe, and unfortunately griefing only applies to game chat or gameplay.

VraguVrag
04-06-2017, 01:40 AM

As most agreed, don't do that man, its bad for your karma.
How about you hop in some practice matches as me, (I can now beat LVL2 flawless, still struggling a lot with LVL3).
As guys told me, once you are comfortable with bots LVL3, you will experience better results.

Cheers,

VV

Casper5632
04-06-2017, 01:46 AM
The only time I have died to a bot is when they are valkaries, or I am outnumbered.

My 4th match to continue my previous post was 1000-200 and we literally stomped them. Its a pattern that when the match goes to all skill levels you can throw competition out the window.