PDA

View Full Version : Sleeping Brawl Players..

pure_energist
04-04-2017, 10:52 PM
Frequently I'll be in Brawl Matches and the Match Starts yet my opponent appears to not be active yet..for up to 10 seconds. This so far has been a test of my Honor as I'm unsure to what is occurring. Or they lagging?? Or they just not paying attention?? Do I wait patiently for them to show life or do I have to b*** slap them awake??! . Is there actually this much lag occurring allowing me free hits if I choose to do so..or is it players not paying attention? Mostly I have been Honorable but I admit to a few impatient moments in which I felt like my free hits were appropriate punishment for them not paying attention. .. I wouldn't even bring it up except my conscious wants to know if this is the game's "severs" fault or my opponents... Anyone else seen this delay to action?

AKDagriZ
04-04-2017, 11:27 PM
no. hes probably only afk . How you deal with it is up to you . slay him or quit and find a new opponent or be patient he might be a good fellow and had a little delay in his real life

pure_energist
04-05-2017, 01:30 AM
no. hes probably only afk . How you deal with it is up to you . slay him or quit and find a new opponent or be patient he might be a good fellow and had a little delay in his real life

This hasn't happened with a person being truly AFK.. just the beginning of the match when If I want I could land a couple free heavies. They usually become active after a couple seconds after I've approached and patiently waited. So.. If this is just players being AFK and not paying attention to the start then is it Honorable to wait?? The bell has rung... fight or die!

secrecy274
04-05-2017, 01:47 AM
I bet he's only AFK.
As for if you should wait... in my opinion, it's more "honorable" to wait, however the round has started, if he's not prepared, that's his fault, not yours, so do whatever you wish.

pure_energist
04-05-2017, 01:59 AM
I bet he's only AFK.
As for if you should wait... in my opinion, it's more "honorable" to wait, however the round has started, if he's not prepared, that's his fault, not yours, so do whatever you wish.

Yeah, I generally want to play Honorable HOWEVER, the one thing that changes my mind is that this is a Brawl Match. Meaning, If I don't dispatch this opponent in a timely manner I may be facing 2 if his partner isn't honorable. Since no one has claimed this is due to lag and is only AFK players then I must attack without mercy. I wish I could assume his partner will be honorable and just wait out whatever is keeping him AFK. These sleepy players happen in Death matches as well which are very time sensitive. The battle has began with reinforcements potentially on their way, I'm being Dishonorable to my team if I were to be merciful and wait.,.... ( EDIT) My honor conscious says I have to give this post more time to see IF anyone has evidence There really is LAG involved in this Delay before being merciless.... :/ damn conscious.....

M0nty_1
04-05-2017, 05:51 AM
I've only had this happen once or twice & I assume that the person momentarily distracted or drinking/eating something). They have always woken up after a second or two. Matchmaking takes so damn long and there is enough warning from the game going into the fight that I figure they should be ready.

xmelesiox
04-05-2017, 10:32 AM
This is me and I apologize. I casually duel between Dota 2 Games. I tend to tell people what I'm doing but the game may pop, which still gives me time to do the duel, right as the duel starts. In which I apologize and explain why then go about our business.

CoyoteXStarrk
04-05-2017, 10:41 AM
I do this all the time.

I need to pee or grab a drink.

Not much I can do if the game loads faster than I expect sorry

chiller2k3
04-05-2017, 10:54 AM
Coyote, because you did not bow right away, your opponent should leave the match!!

CoyoteXStarrk
04-05-2017, 10:57 AM
Coyote, because you did not bow right away, your opponent should leave the match!!

Nah.

If they they don't bow during a duel its no big deal. If they attack me while I am trying to show respect thats different.

Though I do find your attempt to insult me hilarious lol