PDA

View Full Version : Zone Attack , problem or all good?

LuckyStrikerLHP
04-04-2017, 06:23 PM
Ok so I am tired of being told that orochis zone is a "big problem" coz I have seen players dodge it, block and also parry it with ease without whine about it, Orochi have 5 freaking attacks, 2 defensive & 3 offensive - 1 is 2 freaking offensive attacks and that really sucks playing without zone, is flickering SO MUCH OF AN PROBLEM?? Coz Orochis zone is always my left ALWAYS and coz of that Im not gona stop using it coz it puts me in a disadvantage , I do not see the difference between mindlessly changing guard stance and attack(Vid 1) which is "acceptable" to zone whiners) and a flicker(vid 2) i literaly typed "For honor flicker" and this guy explains it very well what is going on ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQDh-KRi2uA ) but I do like to hear opinions of others so Im making a poll

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bq-Be0zGcUk&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0NRNbdekmQ&feature=youtu.be

Prophit618
04-04-2017, 06:32 PM
I didn't even know this was a thing people were complaining about. Orochi ZA gets me more often than I'd like, but that's a personal problem, not a problem with Orochi.

Now Peacekeeper's ZA cancel is a problem worth complaining about.

Herbstlicht
04-04-2017, 06:50 PM
Flickering is a problem and a bug. I want to be able to react to what readings i get. I don't want some specific classes to mean: hey, here it first flickers on this position, then on that - stupid pattern. Besides, i don't like zone attack usage for player vs player. With nerfing revenge, zone attack scaling like 40% damage vs 1 player, 100% vs 2 players, 125% vs 3 players, 150% vs 4 players with a guaranteed knockdown. Because, come on, when you start hitting your teammates just to get some hit on this poor guy while he is on revenge, you deserve to die regardless ^^

Anyway, Orochi needs some love. I mean, how cheap is this? High lvl Orochi play is almost exclusively about za and top fast attack with the occasional proof of skill when some less used moves connect. Ah forgot his side attack, that's nice too. But besides those .. he doesn't have much. A damn shame for such a lovely choreographed Hero.

LuckyStrikerLHP
04-04-2017, 07:22 PM
Ok for scaling i didnt know it exists XD but siriusly thats really hard to remember up & right for zone attack and u need to press dodge(to dodge) or right to block... Really hard (sarcasm) I am for change if thats what will devs do, ok fine with me but whining about and not willing to learn? rly dude? o.0?? is it hard? maybe for someone is but thats not an argument for calling it a bug This will be my reply for whiners - go to my thread on FH and ignor the request for not using ZA XD ooor counter request opponent not using a gb button XD

cragar212
04-04-2017, 07:33 PM
So this poll is wether or not flicker is an exploit? It is according to Ubisoft.

So that about wraps this thread up...

Blasto95
04-04-2017, 07:54 PM
Its in the game, and I think its an exploit. To each their own. It needs to be fixed, not just for Orochi but for any hero that can exploit it.
However Ubisoft is so slow on fixing anything (Shugoki...) that it has been accepted. Ive nearly accepted it and I hate it.
Now I play on console, so if youre sitting on your PC clamoring on about how easy it is to spot, just go ahead and give console a try. There's a reason people are STILL complaining about PK on consoles...The game moves fast, sometimes to fast for consoles. Throw in a little flicker exploit and its near impossible to see a top attack and then have enough time to switch guards while they switch to ZA. The GB feint is annoying as hell to. Had one Orochi mix up GB or GB Feint to top light when I first started playing. Ill never forget how stupid and cheap it looked. That was almost 2 months ago.

Nothing gets done around here. At least done right.

LuckyStrikerLHP
04-04-2017, 08:01 PM
Again is it unblockable? Is it undodgable? No its not, u can block it and dodge it so.. Even if u can adopt, block, dodge it, its still an exploit? Hmm.. Wonder what is definition of exploit..... coz to me it smells like inconvenience rather than exploit... 2nd thing, lets do the math, whiners want that I do not use that move and thats less move for me oppose that I use this move which is blockable/dodgable but a bit annoying, hmm yep the value is obvious....

LuckyStrikerLHP
04-04-2017, 08:19 PM
Ok I agree that it needs to be fixed but to me its a minor inconvenience not an deal breaker for players to demand that i dont use a whole move and dont say its hard on consoles plz, I play with one hand on PC (coz Im disabled) and dont complain about things except when I play against shugoki than I start cursing but at my monitor not in chat XD

Herbstlicht
04-04-2017, 08:26 PM
Again is it unblockable? Is it undodgable? No its not, u can block it and dodge it so.. Even if u can adopt, block, dodge it, its still an exploit? Hmm.. Wonder what is definition of exploit..... coz to me it smells like inconvenience rather than exploit... 2nd thing, lets do the math, whiners want that I do not use that move and thats less move for me oppose that I use this move which is blockable/dodgable but a bit annoying, hmm yep the value is obvious....

Oh my. You created a poll. People say they dislike the flicker bug. Is it hard to memorize something about a special pattern? No, of course not. But it is completely stupid. Of course, your za will get parried blocked dodged etc. waay more often after a fix. But they do look at Orochi. So guess some reworking is in the line. So don't call others whiners when the one shedding tears is you about something you created: a poll that is telling you that you're not right.

Blasto95
04-04-2017, 08:31 PM
I applaud you for playing this game with one hand and sticking to what you love no matter how challenging. But my point still stands, it is harder on console. Its not a matter of ease to block or parry or just recognize these attacks...its about actually visually seeing them when you are supposed to be able to see and react to them.

And an exploit is still an exploit even if you consider it a bad one. It is something clearly not intended to happen. If it was, why is there not a single mention anywhere in game, on the forums, through interviews, streams, anything on how ZA flicker is intended. Please, I am just asking to be shown one instance where a game developer acknowledged, and accepted ZA flicker. As far as I know they haven't. That would lead me to believe that it is not intended. I could be wrong, It could be unintentional but Ubisoft likes how it has changed gameplay. But until they publicly acknowledge and accept ZA flicker as a legitimate move, I will consider it an exploit.

LuckyStrikerLHP
04-04-2017, 09:14 PM
Herbstlicht yes ur right on that one I should have asked a question "what is appropriate thing to do as Orochi, use or not use the ZA?" or something in that manner or "what majority of orochis do (sportish ones not the ones who are *******es XD)" Coz the value doesnt add up, if I dont use it than its freakingly hard to play coz its not like Soul Calibur, like 60 moves per character and its not a big deal for one move to not use... And yes I should put a " blowing steam warning" XD I could whine also about let see, the ppl who are just defending coz deffence is op, shugoki, wardens MIZARU! ect ect so I have now a privilage to whine and demand things now? Yes?... XD For me its more annoying to see ppl demand this and that in chat than to be raped by a bug (any sort)....Coz If I would be bothered by a bug I would report it here in forums and not be redonkulous and demand things or I would simply stop playing the game....