PDA

View Full Version : Conqueror Block with Shield Bash

PathlessMoss
04-04-2017, 01:01 PM
When a Conqueror Shield Bashes, players like Orochi, Zerker, etc that have a side attack will try and punish the charge with their side attack.

The thing is the Conqueror can still block the attack in the charge animation. I have been able to duplicate this as a Conqueror but not consistently.

I can not find any videos on this. Is there a way to conistently block a counter side attack when bashing?

Thanks for anyone who can give me insight on this mechanic.

Halvtand
04-04-2017, 03:16 PM
I used to have Conq as my main, and this has happened a few times. Most of the time though, the attacks hit and disrupt the move. I think it has something to do with which direction the guard was in as the move is initiated, and when during the move the attack comes (at a certain point the guard is removed). I don't think it's the sort of thing that can be done consistently, but each time it happens it's pretty nice :)

PathlessMoss
04-04-2017, 03:51 PM
Thanks for the reply. That would make a lot of sense. I will have to test it when I get time. If it works you can guarantee a 50% block by switching to left or right before the bash.