PDA

View Full Version : When someone says group up? GROUP THE HECK UP!!!!!!

CoyoteXStarrk
04-04-2017, 11:40 AM
Morons: DUUUUUUUUUH PARDON ME WHILE I RUN INTO THIS 3V1 AND IGNORE YOU BRUUUUUUUH

Me: No seriously we just need to put 2 of us on each objective and make them choose where to fight! :D

Morons: NAAAAAAAAAH BRUUUUUUUUUUUH I NEED TO CHARGE INTO THIS UNWINNABLE 2V1 CUZ REASONS DUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHH

Me: No seriously look at how they are playing. All we have to do is group up and we got this. I promise just group up. *Violently spams group up option*

Moronos: NAH EFFFFFF THAT BRUUUUUUUUUUUUH WE ARE TOO BUSY BEING SCRUBS RUNNING INTO MEAT GRINDERS TO BE ABLE TO PLAY PROPERLY

Seriously. Why the hell give us a "Group up" option when 90% of the playerbase is apparently too ignorant/stubborn/stupid to understand what "Group Up" means.

I mean come on :nonchalance:

CandleInTheDark
04-04-2017, 11:43 AM
Or we could go hold zone and earn an extra bunch of points a minute rather than get into mass 4v4 fights when they have two zones putting us quickly at 700-50 down any time they get the middle?

CoyoteXStarrk
04-04-2017, 11:44 AM
Or we could go hold zone and earn an extra bunch of points a minute rather than get into mass 4v4 fights when they have two zones putting us quickly at 700-50 down any time they get the middle?

That only works if you have more points than them and one person stays on A or C

Other than that sitting on a point when you only have one objective is basically useless.

Also unless you utterly ignored the OP you would realize that I am mainly talking about the absolute sack of crap morons who dive into 2v1s and 3v1 for absolutely no reason and ignore the objectives.

CandleInTheDark
04-04-2017, 11:47 AM
I pretty much kept our team on terms with the other once because I held zone as we had one boosted zone to their middle one and a neutral that was still earning the other team points because everyone thought mass battle rather than playing the objectives was a good idea.

CoyoteXStarrk
04-04-2017, 11:49 AM
I pretty much kept our team on terms with the other once because I held zone as we had one boosted zone to their middle one and a neutral that was still earning the other team points because everyone thought mass battle rather than playing the objectives was a good idea.

Congrats on that rarity but that is not the norm.

Gray360UK
04-04-2017, 11:55 AM
I had a guy rage at me for an hour and a half over Xbox Live because I used the Group Up! emote in a Dominion match :rolleyes:

CoyoteXStarrk
04-04-2017, 12:01 PM
I had a guy rage at me for an hour and a half over Xbox Live because I used the Group Up! emote in a Dominion match :rolleyes:

That guy and his entire family can literally die in a fire for all I care.

Group up means "HEY YOU MORONS STOP RUNNING AROUND ON YOUR OWN LIKE CHILDREN. GET TOGETHER AND PLAY SMART"

Anyone who doesn't do that loses the right to live in my opinion.

David_gorda
04-04-2017, 12:03 PM
Group up is only useful in domination when team is breaking, Holding and caping zones is how you win the Game.

CoyoteXStarrk
04-04-2017, 12:05 PM
Group up is only useful in domination when team is breaking, Holding and caping zones is how you win the Game.

Yet if you put 2 on A and 2 on C you have an amazing chance at victory.

I know its hard to imagine but imagine a match where the majority of the match is spent that way and you will win. So long as your team isn't compiled of morons.

David_gorda
04-04-2017, 12:10 PM
Not true, easy to win solo 2 vs 1 Thx to revenge, i Love playing People that attack me 2 vs 1 and Kill them both.

CoyoteXStarrk
04-04-2017, 12:11 PM
Not true, easy to win solo 2 vs 1 Thx to revenge, i Love playing People that attack me 2 vs 1 and Kill them both.

Congrats on missing the entire point of the thread lol

Gray360UK
04-04-2017, 12:12 PM
Mister 'hour and a half of rage over an Emote' spent the whole game on C, which is fair enough I guess. Although he didn't do a very good job of holding it and had a stupidly high death count, which is why I had an Objective count of 4, going to bail him out.

I spent the whole time at B clearing minions but it was the other two I was trying to communicate with really, a Shoguki and Nobushi who had gone into negative K/D because they were constantly flinging themselves into 1 vs 3 situations in the empty ground between B and A. Individually, not together, not helping me at B, not helping Mister Rage at C, just throwing themselves repeatedly into a superior force for no apparent reason, alone.

They did actually need to group up, either with me, at B, or with Mister Rage, at C. We had the match if they would have grouped up. It was Citadel Gate and that map is so small you can't reasonably expect to hold A, B and C unless the other team are afk.

Mister Rage seemed to think I had done nothing, although I had twice his kills and half his deaths, probably because my Objective score was 'only' 4, but then holding B doesn't add to that counter.

Dumb and Dumber on the other hand were at the bottom of the scoreboard with a massive negative K/D and 1 or 0 Objective score

We lost the match in the end and I guess that's what made him so salty, but he was far from the best player on paper or in practice, and I guess rather than rage at Dumb and Dumber, who he couldn't see from his perch at C / the respawn screen, he picked me because of an emote.

/shrug

TL;DR Sometimes you DO need to GROUP UP! :rolleyes:

David_gorda
04-04-2017, 12:14 PM
The point is that at the stupid to group in domination and feed revenge and get yourself killed. Better caping and defending points solo. Lol you missed the point Of domination 😊 Skirmish great to group up, in domination not so much.

CoyoteXStarrk
04-04-2017, 12:14 PM
Mister 'hour and a half of rage over an Emote' spent the whole game on C, which is fair enough I guess. Although he didn't do a very good job of holding it and had a stupidly high death count, which is why I had an Objective count of 4, going to bail him out.

I spent the whole time at B clearing minions but it was the other two I was trying to communicate with really, a Shoguki and Nobushi who had gone into negative K/D because they were constantly flinging themselves into 1 vs 3 situations in the empty ground between B and A. Individually, not together, not helping me at B, not helping Mister Rage at C, just throwing themselves repeatedly into a superior force for no apparent reason, alone.

They did actually need to group up, either with me, at B, or with Mister Rage, at C. We had the match if they would have grouped up. It was Citadel Gate and that map is so small you can't reasonably expect to hold A, B and C unless the other team are afk.

Mister Rage seemed to think I had done nothing, although I had twice his kills and half his deaths, probably because my Objective score was 'only' 4, but then holding B doesn't add to that counter.

Dumb and Dumber on the other hand were at the bottom of the scoreboard with a massive negative K/D and 1 or 0 Objective score

We lost the match in the end and I guess that's what made him so salty, but he was far from the best player on paper or in practice, and I guess rather than rage at Dumb and Dumber, who he couldn't see from his perch at C / the respawn screen, he picked me because of an emote.

/shrug

TL;DR Sometimes you DO need to GROUP UP! :rolleyes:

Use whatever argument you want. When I watch my teammates literally diving into a 2v1 or worse and I say GROUP UP and yet the continue to play like morons?

So sorry I expect cognitive thought from my teammates lol

cragar212
04-04-2017, 12:18 PM
Use whatever argument you want. When I watch my teammates literally diving into a 2v1 or worse and I say GROUP UP and yet the continue to play like morons?

I bet you spam group up if you see an enemy pk or zerker coming for ya :)

Gray360UK
04-04-2017, 12:20 PM

You know I was completely agreeing with you, right?

At least I think I was ...

You having a bad day today or something? :rolleyes:

CoyoteXStarrk
04-04-2017, 12:21 PM
I bet you spam group up if you see an enemy pk or zerker coming for ya :)

Nope I man the hell up and fight so long as the scrub using them doesn't spam R1 like a child.

You know. The same move that has been labeled unfair by MLG themselves lol

:)

Herbstlicht
04-04-2017, 12:27 PM
Morons: DUUUUUUUUUH PARDON ME WHILE I RUN INTO THIS 3V1 AND IGNORE YOU BRUUUUUUUH

Me: No seriously we just need to put 2 of us on each objective and make them choose where to fight! :D

Morons: NAAAAAAAAAH BRUUUUUUUUUUUH I NEED TO CHARGE INTO THIS UNWINNABLE 2V1 CUZ REASONS DUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHH

Me: No seriously look at how they are playing. All we have to do is group up and we got this. I promise just group up. *Violently spams group up option*

Moronos: NAH EFFFFFF THAT BRUUUUUUUUUUUUH WE ARE TOO BUSY BEING SCRUBS RUNNING INTO MEAT GRINDERS TO BE ABLE TO PLAY PROPERLY

Seriously. Why the hell give us a "Group up" option when 90% of the playerbase is apparently too ignorant/stubborn/stupid to understand what "Group Up" means.

Wah, what a bad read. Guess i ignore all chat-stuff in team modes for good reasons. I try to be aware of my teams and the enemy ones positions, try to play as tactically as i can. But honestly. When i jump into the fray with you guys, i feel i am only there to boost your kd. But my death does not count, so please stop hitting me! Even better, if i slip behind the enemy and those guys think: whoa, great, kill it! And i get a revenge knockdown, how much damage are you going to do when you close in?

Doesn't always workmof course. But i don't care. I am just some "moron" for the likes of you. So i best pretend you are no more then a bot and adapt my style approprietly to do my best on ensuring victory without sacrificing myself for this sake.

Because, in the end, i don't care about the victory, only about good fights and the memories of those :)

CoyoteXStarrk
04-04-2017, 12:29 PM
You know I was completely agreeing with you, right?

At least I think I was ...

You having a bad day today or something? :rolleyes:

Might have a slight connection to the fact Its my only day off and I am intoxicated :(

Gray360UK
04-04-2017, 01:53 PM
Might have a slight connection to the fact Its my only day off and I am intoxicated :(

Haha, fair enough ;)

Hillbill79
04-04-2017, 03:29 PM
Nope I man the hell up and fight so long as the scrub using them doesn't spam R1 like a child.
:)

Dude, you rage quit if someone doesn't salute you properly... I cant even envisage you manning up and fighting your way out of a wet paper bag.

Prophit618
04-04-2017, 03:52 PM
To be fair, the toxic community might have something to do with this as well. It's at a point where I turn my chat box off a lot of the time because it's not worth reading the massive mountains of salt coming through. This sadly also means that I miss calls to group up or really any attempts at organization in those instances.

Of course, on the flip side, the reason I leave chat turned off despite that is that the majority of players in this game don't seem to understand teamwork beyond ganking. It's rare that when grouped with randoms you'll find a team that ever works with your efforts to coordinate to get your team out of the dumpster. If I'm going to be ignored when trying to help (or someone else is ignored when trying to take the lead), and way more salt and vitriol is coming through then help anyway, then it's easy to just give up and turn it off.

For a personal example, I had a week where almost every match was in the Overwatch match (with the giant pit-zone on C and A way up off to the side with no accessibility from B). I noticed a trend quickly that all the fighting was constantly on C and that whoever got A first basically won the match since C was perma-contested and B frequently changes hands. Any time I could get a heavy from our team to go camp C and someone to harrass or take B, we won easily. And I spent almost every match trying to get people to help do this. More often than not my whole team continued to just assault C and I end up having to camp A with my PK, when I should be harassing people instead. An easy strategy to guarantee us victory except in the rare times when the other team didn't ignore A, and then saved us from certain defeat in those situations, and hardly anybody ever pays attention.

TL;DR, group coordination seems virtually impossible in this community unless you in with your own team.

EothK
04-04-2017, 04:08 PM
To be fair, the toxic community might have something to do with this as well. It's at a point where I turn my chat box off a lot of the time because it's not worth reading the massive mountains of salt coming through. This sadly also means that I miss calls to group up or really any attempts at organization in those instances.

Of course, on the flip side, the reason I leave chat turned off despite that is that the majority of players in this game don't seem to understand teamwork beyond ganking. It's rare that when grouped with randoms you'll find a team that ever works with your efforts to coordinate to get your team out of the dumpster. If I'm going to be ignored when trying to help (or someone else is ignored when trying to take the lead), and way more salt and vitriol is coming through then help anyway, then it's easy to just give up and turn it off.

For a personal example, I had a week where almost every match was in the Overwatch match (with the giant pit-zone on C and A way up off to the side with no accessibility from B). I noticed a trend quickly that all the fighting was constantly on C and that whoever got A first basically won the match since C was perma-contested and B frequently changes hands. Any time I could get a heavy from our team to go camp C and someone to harrass or take B, we won easily. And I spent almost every match trying to get people to help do this. More often than not my whole team continued to just assault C and I end up having to camp A with my PK, when I should be harassing people instead. An easy strategy to guarantee us victory except in the rare times when the other team didn't ignore A, and then saved us from certain defeat in those situations, and hardly anybody ever pays attention.

TL;DR, group coordination seems virtually impossible in this community unless you in with your own team.

Hopefully the Revenge nerf will change this a bit. Afterall with how Revenge works now having others around isn't helpfull but the opposite almost. With 1VS3 situations Revenge builds so quickly you can just do it all yourself and kill all opponents. Rather than needing someone to help.

Thus people see other coming to help fight as "kill steals" etc. Rather than working as a team. Also the ganking and spamming works counter productive. Opponents actually get harder to kill if someone comes to help out. Hopefully the revenge nerf will change this.

RatedChaotic
04-04-2017, 04:15 PM
I give you props for even attempting to get organization out of a pug. I'd rather duel than try to talk sense into a pug. Majority of the time they do the opposite just because your barking orders.

Supercool5150
04-04-2017, 06:14 PM

I feel your pain. A perfect example is the Citadel map. Game starts...I head straight for A. 90% of the time my 3 team mates head right for the middle (B). C gets taken...As soon as I capture A I used to head to C but then I'm running between A & C all game. . However, what I have found is if I head to B (after taking A) where everyone is, I can get my team to move by simply eliminating any reason to be there. First I "help" kill any opposing heroes whether help is needed or not. Then minions. Then capture B. I then use my help beacon like a trail of bread crumbs all the way to C. If I have to spam the beacon I will. 90% of the time I will get multiple team mates to follow. Once they go to C, I simply leave immediately, leaving the two guys who followed me to deal with whatever happens next. I run back to A (more than likely captured) and take A back now controlling 2 bases. How is this possible? Because the opposing team is doing the same damn thing. As I'm running to A, I pass 3 to 4 of the opposing team sitting in the middle. I hold A as long as I can. By now we've built a lead and now have a fair shot at winning. I should note this tactic does not always work, but most times it does.

NotFourthBro
04-04-2017, 06:53 PM
I'm gonna skip all replies and say my bit.

Just because you said "group up" doesn't mean you're the leader. Nor does it mean you know best.

Not to bring up mobas, but it's like when some idiot says "play safe". It's the most useless call you can make. It just says, "I don't know what I'm doing, but CAN'T LOSE IF YOU DON'T DIE, RIGHT?"

Which is wrong.

They kill your base cuz you're too scared to die for it.

Same with "GROUP UP!"

If everyone is grouped up but all in the wrong place, you lose extra hard.

Usually, when someone calls for a group up, it's just cuz they're some scrub who doesn't wanna die alone.

secrecy274
04-04-2017, 07:11 PM
I'm gonna skip all replies and say my bit.

Just because you said "group up" doesn't mean you're the leader. Nor does it mean you know best.

Not to bring up mobas, but it's like when some idiot says "play safe". It's the most useless call you can make. It just says, "I don't know what I'm doing, but CAN'T LOSE IF YOU DON'T DIE, RIGHT?"

Which is wrong.

They kill your base cuz you're too scared to die for it.

Same with "GROUP UP!"

If everyone is grouped up but all in the wrong place, you lose extra hard.

Usually, when someone calls for a group up, it's just cuz they're some scrub who doesn't wanna die alone.

Well here I were going to say something, and this guy already said it.

You're not the de facto leader, so I'll not blindly follow orders from you.
Especially not if I feel they're the wrong orders at the wrong time.

Prophit618
04-04-2017, 07:43 PM

If nobody else is taking the lead and the team is losing badly because no one is coordinating, then yes, that does make the one person willing to try and organize the de facto leader. By virtue of nobody else trying to lead. 4 people all working independently is barely a team, and when that lack of cohesion is losing the match, you need a leader and the only one stepping up to do so is it at that point.

You may disagree with the suggestions being thrown out, but then you should probably say something as soon as you have a second (pletny of opportunities in most matches to get a quick blurb out on text if you don't use mic. Just continuing to ignore it and not say anything is almost guaranteeing a loss. Make it a team effort, is all I'm saying.

Yokonato
04-04-2017, 08:03 PM

And this is how games are lost, from what Op is saying your down bases already grouping up is the right call to take take a base and than leave it protected, If you sit there ignoring a "suggestion" because Op isnt the "defacto leader" congratulations you are a horrible teammate were 200 points below and about to go into breaking. its always more efficient to take A and C and leave a possible 2 people over at the opposing base since one should be easily defended since your team spawns by it and 1 person can work on B, and too the guy says "I can solo with revenge, so I need only 1 person to cap a base" when warlord chucks you off the castle walls dont complain how you never see teammates help in pugs,and too people who say "people who use group up are spamming it cause they suck or afraid to die alone" nice teamwork...,because if I see someone hit a "HELP!" beacon imma check it out and not automatically assume they are afraid of dying alone

Prophit618
04-04-2017, 08:06 PM
And this is how games are lost, from what Op is saying your down bases already grouping up is the right call to take take a base and than leave it protected, If you sit there ignoring a "suggestion" because Op isnt the "defacto leader" congratulations you are a horrible teammate were 200 points below and about to go into breaking. its always more efficient to take A and C and leave a possible 2 people over at the opposing base since one should be easily defended since your team spawns by it and 1 person can work on B, and too the guy says "I can solo with revenge, so I need only 1 person to cap a base" when warlord chucks you off the castle walls dont complain how you never see teammates help in pugs,and too people who say "people who use group up are spamming it cause they suck or afraid to die alone" nice teamwork...,because if I see someone hit a "HELP!" beacon imma check it out and not automatically assume they are afraid of dying alone

Darn tooting.

And furthermore, if your teammate is crying for help because they're afraid of dying, isn't that a reason to go help so they don't die and feed your opponents point?

If not...why are you in 4v4? The point of having a team is to help each other win, not laugh as your teammates score lower than you.

Addendum: Mind you I do not like being the leader in a group, and will only do so if I see that one is sorely needed, before people start crying out that I have a control complex or something. I will happily let a team do their own thing, unelss something needs to be said before we lose. I'd much rather someone else step up and take the reins, but apparently they're too busy trying to avoid their dying friends.

Varakharne
04-04-2017, 08:58 PM
Moderated

Feel free to throw yourself in too , you little wretch! I dont like you. You come in here ,demanding people play the way you want and you dont even express yourself like a man, but more like a petulant child, My god listen to yourself, you are hysterical and so small in stature, if anyone needs to be done away with its you, Calling for the deaths of people who dont play like you or how you think they should. I cant believe people like you are allowed to roam the streets freely.

If you represent this community then I have no desire to buy the game and play if that means I will be playing with sub humans like you. I really hope you dont represent this community in attitude because WOW ... You are embarrassing beyond belief kid.

Ubi-Gaidheal
04-05-2017, 11:01 AM
Hi everyone,

While I understand the frustration that poor teamwork can cause, I don't see this thread going anywhere constructive.

//Closed