PDA

View Full Version : Public Service Announcement

Viruletic
04-04-2017, 06:17 AM
Dear community,

If you see your teammate with an opponent, pushing him up against the wall with 1 bar left while your teammate is at full health, please, please don't try to "help". 90% of the time you mess up their killing blow.

In fact, if your teammate isn't struggling at all, please don't jump in and try to gank. All that's going to happen is he will revenge, and probably kill you both if you're competent.

This isn't about Honor. This isn't about racking up kills. Even locking on will increase the enemy revenge meter drastically. Spread the word, let's "git gud" as a community and stop getting our teammates killed.

SilentTakeo
04-04-2017, 02:03 PM
Amen.

escacleo
04-04-2017, 02:10 PM
Blindly swing my weapon at my teammates back while locked on to enemy. Got it. :) bahaha

Prophit618
04-04-2017, 02:55 PM
I was unaware that locking on increases the revenge meter gain. I usually stay out of a fight if my teammate is doing fine with it, but i'm usually locked on while I'm watching the fight, so i have a constant view of the enemy health bar and will see the instant he gets revenge and can be ready to leap in and fight. I suppose I'll have to stop doing that.

NeoLocutus
04-04-2017, 03:14 PM
True also for 4vs4 modes. I admit I'm still a sinner on this: at times I can't resist the blood call and I try to gank the hell out of the enemy.
I'm learning though, and much of the times I noticed myself that NOT ganking is the key to win.

I will still try to help my teammate if he is about to die (and I still need to farm a little more to get "I've Got Your Back!" cheevo :D).

Gray360UK
04-04-2017, 03:22 PM
I was unaware that locking on increases the revenge meter gain. I usually stay out of a fight if my teammate is doing fine with it, but i'm usually locked on while I'm watching the fight, so i have a constant view of the enemy health bar and will see the instant he gets revenge and can be ready to leap in and fight. I suppose I'll have to stop doing that.

Are we sure this is a thing? I didn't know this was a thing ... I am always locked on ...

Viruletic
04-05-2017, 03:04 AM
Are we sure this is a thing? I didn't know this was a thing ... I am always locked on ...

Its not verified, but I've seen it around the forums myself, and have had some experience with it, watching guys get almost instant revenge in skirmishes with 4 dudes locked on, but only one hit, where 1v1 it would take ages.

Or fighting solo with guys around me locked on but only one guy attacking me and watching my revenge meter shoot up ridiculously quick.

The_B0G_
04-05-2017, 03:26 AM
This exact thing happened to me a couple days ago, I had about 45% health left, and just GB'd an opponent that had 5% health, it was a done deal, side heavy was on the way and suddenly I get hit in the back with a heavy from a pk on my own team, interrupting my attack and allowing the other guy to recover.

He then blocks the button mash which was the PKs followup attack, gaining his revenge and switched back to me as we traded a side heavy in which he killed me due to revenge dmg bonus/uninteruptable attack. He then kills the PK very quickly after.

Hopefully with time people will learn when and when not to jump in to "help".