PDA

View Full Version : Shugoki B R O K E N

Haemmerst0rm
04-04-2017, 12:38 AM
Dear ubisoft

Are you aware of the cheesing tactic that shugoki's are using at the tournaments? Just by running around and using Oni Charge, followed with a heavy attack.How's that fun to fight when there is literally no counterplay. Can you make the startup of the charge more slower and make the charge drain 90% stamina like with lawbringer shove.

Also, can you remove the health that the shugoki is getting by hugging the ennemies (including the demon embrace). It is totally ridiculous and hes the only class in duel/brawl that can heal by hugs compared to all the other heroes who can heal by feats like body count feat and conqueror shield heal feat.

I'm looking foward to your response. Thanks in advance

Alchemist-21-
04-04-2017, 12:42 AM
http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/53/53077767d20b4adc77a3d8760fb591e410297ae18dbcaedcb6 28f01148d7e148.jpg

Haemmerst0rm
04-04-2017, 12:44 AM
http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/53/53077767d20b4adc77a3d8760fb591e410297ae18dbcaedcb6 28f01148d7e148.jpg

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/133252273

Try dodging this mate rofl. No way to do this with this cheesing.

Herbstlicht
04-04-2017, 12:46 AM
Well, if people really can win tournaments just by utilizing these moves, something is wrong. But i doubt it. For me, usually dodging works fine, though i HATE
shugoki in 4on4's.

By the way, i am not sure about it, but you need only time it right, and don't even get knocked down of narrow bridges by it. Did manage this with Orochi. Not with Nobushi though, yet.

Bob__Gnarly
04-04-2017, 12:49 AM
Well if you stay in the Shugoki's face, he can't get a running start to perform the charge. For demons embrace, it's one of the easiest moves to dodge and if it misses he loses health, so it's risky. Top players will only use it after a wall throw.

Haemmerst0rm
04-04-2017, 12:52 AM
At high level gameplay, there is literally not one hero that can counter this cheesing tactic. Its just cheesy and its a fact. I bet this isn't what ubisoft had in thought when creating this character. The game is about intense fights with skill. Not about running near ppl and falling because of the oni charge AND hitting them. They didn't design this game to be cheesy at all.

palyftw
04-04-2017, 01:11 AM
Well if you stay in the Shugoki's face, he can't get a running start to perform the charge. For demons embrace, it's one of the easiest moves to dodge and if it misses he loses health, so it's risky. Top players will only use it after a wall throw.
You should watch some torneys them, because on the finals im seeing right now (https://www.twitch.tv/dmbrandon) this is the only thing the shugoki does

Egotistic_Ez
04-04-2017, 02:12 AM
You should watch some torneys them, because on the finals im seeing right now (https://www.twitch.tv/dmbrandon) this is the only thing the shugoki does

It's strange how sometimes it seems easily dodgeable and others not. But then I have the same issue using it. Sometimes charges that clearly hit won't, and others that clearly miss will knock the enemy down.

Just another buggy exploitative move in a buggy exploitative game I guess.

kweassa1917
04-04-2017, 02:22 AM
The sprint-unblockables are actually a problem for all classes that have it, actually.

Well, to be fair, its not so much of a problem than annoyance. I don't think its effects are unfair or overpowering or anything, and there are obvious counters to it.

The "annoyance" comes from the fact that those charging skills are quick-firing unblockable attacks that grants you a ton of advantage as an opening move to the fight, and as you can see, people will do the "driving around" as seen in the twitch video. Basically, refusing to start the melee and just "driving around" in sprint in circles and eights until one of the charge attempt hits... and by god, its lame annoying to be on the receiving end even if you know how to not fall for that.

Lawbs, Raiders, Shugokis, Conqs, they all do it. They see you, refuse to close in, start running off in random directions and attempting a charge. If it misses they just run straight in a line away from you, and then start "driving agan," rinse and repeat ad infinitum until one of the charges hit, and they can start off the fight with a clear advantage...

:rolleyes: I'd prefer to have those charging skills tweaked so that any abrupt turn "resets" the conditions for it to fire off -- just like how you can't activate it at the first few starting steps of sprint. As compensation I'd slightly shorten the linear sprint distance/steps required for it to fire off.

Bob__Gnarly
04-04-2017, 04:20 AM

Wow that was painful to watch... Shugoki v Shugoki in the finals too...

Looks like high level play has reached an all time low. And here I thought Conq cheese was bad, Petemoo totally destroyed that Conq in the semi.

CoyoteXStarrk
04-04-2017, 04:55 AM
I always love seeing these threads.

Shugoki has so many weaknesses and things that you can exploit to beat him that its not even funny and yet people STILL complain.

Go to YouTube and watch some videos. Its literally a google click away.

Bob__Gnarly
04-04-2017, 05:00 AM

Shugoki has so many weaknesses and things that you can exploit to beat him that its not even funny and yet people STILL complain.

Did you even watch the tourny video that plyftw posted?

Maybe you should enter these comps since you'd clearly destroy everyone with such knowledge.

cragar212
04-04-2017, 06:32 AM

You realise shugoki has been 1 of the most dominant characters in all of FH competitive tournaments? Season final tourny was 2 shugokis...

Props to sypher for being the first guy to rep the fat man seriously.

The only counter to Shugoki is a shugoki or maybe a pk.

They really need to fix this crap. That conqueror played awesome with like 75% parrys vs PK zone and then get bulldozed by shugokis cheese

CoyoteXStarrk
04-04-2017, 06:41 AM
You realise shugoki has been 1 of the most dominant characters in all of FH competitive tournaments? Season final tourny was 2 shugokis...

Props to sypher for being the first guy to rep the fat man seriously.

The only counter to Shugoki is a shugoki or maybe a pk.

They really need to fix this crap. That conqueror played awesome with like 75% parrys vs PK zone and then get bulldozed by shugokis cheese

Nah the Shugoki is fine.

escacleo
04-04-2017, 07:16 AM
Tournaments are so boring to watch. How they now play with all the running in circles bleh. Show, Road, get to it.

Frappenstain
04-04-2017, 08:28 AM
As a berserker main, i voilate Shugok's personal space. Stay close, parry, spam light to keep him busy. Don't forget to manage stamina. When tired, go back for safe distance than get close again. Every step is risky but every fight had it's own risk. I only once got back broken and it was because i coudn't keep safe distance and deplted my stamina. Yes, his ability is punishing but if you dodge or avoid it, he doesn't have much to do.
Parry- Easy
Dodge- Easy
Also, becareful with your side dodges. Pick your side carefully. His side attack is large wide area and may hit trough dodge. Dodge-parry if you can, it's provdes perfect opputiunity.

Felis_Menari
04-04-2017, 08:44 AM
Wow that was painful to watch... Shugoki v Shugoki in the finals too...

Looks like high level play has reached an all time low. And here I thought Conq cheese was bad, Petemoo totally destroyed that Conq in the semi.

I had a feeling this was going to become a problem after seeing the Shug shenanigans in one of Mege's videos. The Shug meta completely destroys the game. I wonder how long it will take for the devs to address this new (and colossal) problem.

Haemmerst0rm
04-04-2017, 08:53 AM
Nah the Shugoki is fine.

"Shugoki is fine"? This cracks me up omg! It's totally not fine. This game is designed around combat. Not about having an olympic sport with running and cheesing etc!

DrExtrem
04-04-2017, 09:28 AM
I don't play on pro level but if something looks, smells and tastes like cheese, i want to enjoy it with fresh baguette, red wine and an interesting woman by my side ... and not in a game.

The charge is a broken move. Nit because it is effective, but because it is a move, that is uninterruptable (hyper armor) and free of cost. The worst thing that can happen, is that you eat a zone attack and loose hyper armor, before you beat the knocked down enemy to pulp with a heavy strike. This moves main problem is, that it costs no stamina, while its counter does. Imagine, guard breaking would cost no stamina, while counter guard breaking would. You can tire out your opponent, use the uninterruptable light into headbutt to knock down safely and punish with heavy. Rinse and repeat.

You either have to eat the first charge, conserve stamina and try to keep the shugoki in close combat or hope for a mistake.

The kit is simple, yet effective. The passives make the kit safe to use. The high health pool is very useful to cover up mistakes and the heavy strikes and range make him an ugly punisher, that can not even be punished back on a parry. In addition, he has a safe to use, combo breaking disengage, that disorients the opponent.

It is always unnerving and not fun to play vs. shugoki. The AI is one of the harder ones and players often abuse the kit and exploits, that make his demon ball unparryable.

CoyoteXStarrk
04-04-2017, 10:17 AM
"Shugoki is fine"? This cracks me up omg! It's totally not fine. This game is designed around combat. Not about having an olympic sport with running and cheesing etc!

Every. Single. Thing. He does is punishable and avoidable

I hate to be that guy but "Git GUUD"

Danioku
04-04-2017, 10:40 AM
Who watched Panda tourney saw with his eyes how Oni-Charge is an unbalanced, abusale, unrisky and without counterplay move.

It doesnt even matter what champ you gonna play, the window for conterplay is so tight and so risky (GB at start of Oni-charge like Stonehead managed to do sometimes - he still lost even being one of best PK - unbalanced class - in the world) that is so evident how this move doenst belong to this game.

Peetemoo won almost every tourney so far with his WL and he had just no chance vs a cheesy Shugoki other then be forced to play Shugoki as well .........

This make so clear how this move is unblalanced and bad designed, there is no other way to counter it other then play Shugoki as well and use the same cheese.

Oni-charge have to be addressed asap cause not only it breaks the game but it's also pathetic and disgusting to watch and it shows how poor and sometimes dumb it's the desing of some game mechanics, you never want to see this......

I'm sorry for those people that cant see the problem, probably they still need to learn the basics of the game, in the other hand, devs said that they watch tourneys so they probably saw how far the cheese has gone.

I hope they address this asap otherwise there is no point to play anything else then Shugoki in tourneys........

cragar212
04-04-2017, 10:41 AM

Wow this is soooooooo funny. You're the guy constantly making posts about how much you rage quit!!!! You just made a post saying you rage quit if a bezerker spams light attacks on you lololo. How the hell can you tell anyone to git gud???????

CoyoteXStarrk
04-04-2017, 10:49 AM
Wow this is soooooooo funny. You're the guy constantly making posts about how much you rage quit!!!! You just made a post saying you rage quit if a bezerker spams light attacks on you lololo. How the hell can you tell anyone to git gud???????

Um because the R1 spam from the PK and the Zerker are admittedly near impossible to properly block with consistency?

(The PK was banned from the next MLG tourney due to this)

I also love how you say "Consistently" and yet I have made literally 2 lol is 2 a big number to you?

DrinkinMehStella
04-04-2017, 10:50 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_f6iMmxVcQ

Herbstlicht
04-04-2017, 10:52 AM
Just watched the vids. And. Oh my god. Hope this does stay in tournaments. And i am completely honest here: I dislike leaving, but i would leave such a lame match. And i would hate any leaver penalty before thosen glaring flaws are adressed :/

Btw, would be easy to adess anyway. Just multiply recieved damage during charge. So Shugoki can still knock people around or off something. And that should be it. Tactical ability. No spamable cheese.

And for the sake of "real" combat: when u run fullspeed into the tip of a spear or sword. Well. Now that has to hurt. Of course, Shugoki weighs like 200kg, so he doesn't stop. But it should really hurt him.

Nxtgen_Soco
04-04-2017, 11:30 AM
came across 2 shugoki yesterday of picked the single pier bridge map and sat there waiting for people to step onto it and then did their run and knocked us into water this was every round they would just run to bridge and nobody could touch them.

CoyoteXStarrk
04-04-2017, 11:31 AM
came across 2 shugoki yesterday of picked the single pier bridge map and sat there waiting for people to step onto it and then did their run and knocked us into water this was every round they would just run to bridge and nobody could touch them.

All you had to do was ignore them lol

You took the bait.

Never take the Shugoki bait.

Danioku
04-04-2017, 11:49 AM
To the ones who are really interested about this topic/issue, there is a first page Reddit post about it

https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/63asso/oni_charge_need_to_be_reworked/

cragar212
04-04-2017, 12:07 PM
Someone posted this on the reddit thread. This is a 30sec clip of the season 1 tournament final match. The highest skill level on display here

https://clips.twitch.tv/CoweringTallEmuHassaanChop

Specialkha
04-04-2017, 12:19 PM

why you do not go into a tourney and show us your skill?

Haemmerst0rm
04-04-2017, 12:28 PM
Who watched Panda tourney saw with his eyes how Oni-Charge is an unbalanced, abusale, unrisky and without counterplay move.

It doesnt even matter what champ you gonna play, the window for conterplay is so tight and so risky (GB at start of Oni-charge like Stonehead managed to do sometimes - he still lost even being one of best PK - unbalanced class - in the world) that is so evident how this move doenst belong to this game.

Peetemoo won almost every tourney so far with his WL and he had just no chance vs a cheesy Shugoki other then be forced to play Shugoki as well .........

This make so clear how this move is unblalanced and bad designed, there is no other way to counter it other then play Shugoki as well and use the same cheese.

Oni-charge have to be addressed asap cause not only it breaks the game but it's also pathetic and disgusting to watch and it shows how poor and sometimes dumb it's the desing of some game mechanics, you never want to see this......

I'm sorry for those people that cant see the problem, probably they still need to learn the basics of the game, in the other hand, devs said that they watch tourneys so they probably saw how far the cheese has gone.

I hope they address this asap otherwise there is no point to play anything else then Shugoki in tourneys........

This. Ubisoft, look at this answer. He is so right!

Nxtgen_Soco
04-04-2017, 02:15 PM
I didn't take it but other teams always did leaving is 2vs1 in elimtation and if the timer runs out I lose anyways

Oupyz
04-04-2017, 02:25 PM
how hard is it ubisoft to know that the cheese has gone so far , so please fix your game and hotfix shugoki asap

he's so broken that makes an op warlord/conqueror/pk/warden feels underpowered

i hope you are aware of this

thanks

Gray360UK
04-04-2017, 02:43 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_f6iMmxVcQ

Is this what they call 'high level play'? :rolleyes:

I don't get why Mege never attacks? He is so terrified of the enemy Guard Breaking him that he no longer fights / risks anything. So frightened of the consequences that he will not act or push or pressure. He was so passive. He had some great opportunities to attack and all he did was feint, as if he has spent so much time feinting that he's forgotten it doesn't do any damage. Terrible to watch. I don't actually think this makes the Shoguki look bad. He is aggressively using every move in his arsenal without fear. Okay that may be because he is OP ... but that aside ... Mege is so afraid of making a mistake that he does nothing.

Is he considered good?

I guess he had given up and was too busy complaining / no longer trying but damn .... that was sad to watch, and not because of the Shoguki.

atac56
04-04-2017, 02:52 PM
lol that shugoki was giving him the business. dude spent most of the matches not attacking him. shugoki was in his head. how is he playing the kensei and not sidestepping?

DrExtrem
04-04-2017, 03:21 PM
Well ... somehow, I am happy to be a left handed scrub.

We actually use combos.

Nonetheless. The shugokis kit is too good, too forgiving and easy to cheese.

suboptiml
04-04-2017, 03:34 PM
Don't sweat it. In a month or so Warriors Den will mention they are aware of it and are gathering valuable data. A few weeks after that they'll announce that their data is showing Raiders sometimes throw Shugokis off cliffs in 4v4, so Raiders are now also "Shugoki killahs too" and thus its balanced against all classes in all situations.

This will also count as Raider buffs. So take heart Raider mains and all dislikers of Goki cheese charge (ice-skatingly long range on the side heavy working as intended), only a couple short months until balance is achieved by granting Raiders a new, unofficial title!

It's just around the corner!

Danioku
04-04-2017, 03:45 PM
Don't sweat it. In a month or so Warriors Den will mention they are aware of it and are gathering valuable data. A few weeks after that they'll announce that their data is showing Raiders sometimes throw Shugokis off cliffs in 4v4, so Raiders are now also "Shugoki killahs too" and thus its balanced against all classes in all situations.

This will also count as Raider buffs. So take heart Raider mains and all dislikers of Goki cheese charge (ice-skatingly long range on the side heavy working as intended), only a couple short months until balance is achieved by granting Raiders a new, unofficial title!

It's just around the corner!

Mmm where did i already see this ??

Btw Rider is the real Shugoki killer cause ha can "tech" (aahaha) GB while dodging and he can "tech" (ahaaha) unparryables and very painfull ZAs.

So it's an hard fight : BUGS vs CHEESE

Vordred
04-04-2017, 04:01 PM
the Shugoki is really annoying, the Hyper Armor is a real pain for the slower characters.

his running Charge is just cheesey in general.

and his ability to one shot you off a Parry or GB. is just total BS. had it happen a few time where i go to cap a point that a shugoki is guarded, i manage to get him down to almost no health. then he gets a parry or GB. throws me into the wall and boom dead from demons embrace. the fact that it damages you and heals them is more than enough, the whole one shot thing is just total BS.

TL24SS
04-04-2017, 04:06 PM
Half of you would get destroyed by Mege and to those saying Shugoki isn't broken and to get "guuuuuuud" - please just stfu.

He's broken and that stupid AF sprint move he does needs to take more than half of his stamina. What's the point when someone just runs around, rushes you, you fall down and get hit with a heavy. Rinse and repeat, is this skills? No, it's just a broken game being exploited by players and I don't blame them for it.

Gray360UK
04-04-2017, 04:08 PM
Half of you would get destroyed by Mege and to those saying Shugoki isn't broken and to get "guuuuuuud" - please just stfu.

... and maybe Mege would get destroyed by half of us? Careful, your hero worship is showing. Just because someone is on YouTube :rolleyes:

TL24SS
04-04-2017, 04:15 PM
... and maybe Mege would get destroyed by half of us? Careful, your hero worship is showing. Just because someone is on YouTube :rolleyes:

Very true lol... I don't worship him, I just think he's a very very good player and so is TrU3Ta1ent (who I think is the better player).

escacleo
04-04-2017, 04:20 PM
Kensei main.

I want to throw unblockables without a chain too.
IMO Everything could be fixed by making the moves part of a chain that isn't the first attack. This goes for all the spammy unblockables.

The 10k insta kill should go too. What's the point of the class having so much cheese and not being from Wisconsin

suboptiml
04-04-2017, 04:33 PM

Btw Rider is the real Shugoki killer cause ha can "tech" (aahaha) GB while dodging and he can "tech" (ahaaha) unparryables and very painfull ZAs.

Such cynicism. Tsk...

I'll have you know they're considering making these titles official by displaying them on the website AND within Uplay itself. A decision will be made about title officialness sometime soon after the 4th season of the faction war.

No empty gestures or glacially-paced responses here. Games as service. Ubisoft.

cragar212
04-04-2017, 04:56 PM

Just to point out the raiders ability to GB while dodging is part of his kit. It's even in his "how to play" video

Danioku
04-04-2017, 05:04 PM
Just to point out the raiders ability to GB while dodging is part of his kit. It's even in his "how to play" video

Oh, i missed that, you are right

So Rider Shugoki killer confirmed

OneTrueAlca
04-04-2017, 05:12 PM
You can counter a running Shogoki if you played exactly like this -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-rnh19rOvg

Shugoki are technically useless on even grounds without walls since he can't hugwal ppl and can be only trade hits for hits.

If they nerf Shugoki charge i would like to see Warden bash getting nerfed too

OneTrueAlca
04-04-2017, 05:15 PM
At high level gameplay, there is literally not one hero that can counter this cheesing tactic. Its just cheesy and its a fact..

Sorry but obviously you are a *******, Warlord overhead and Zerker can easily counter this with their uninterruptible. the only class not being able to do this is the Conq and is useless vs a Shugoki that spams it.

The only reason Shugoki spams that is because thats the only way they can play at higher level. their gameplay is kinda trash and cant open up any turtles at all hence they resort to this. fighting without oni charge u put urself in a pretty big cap unless there are walls everywhere

Danioku
04-04-2017, 05:31 PM
Sorry but obviously you are a *******, Warlord overhead and Zerker can easily counter this with their uninterruptible. the only class not being able to do this is the Conq and is useless vs a Shugoki that spams it.

JUST LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Do you have ever played For Honor ?

OneTrueAlca
04-04-2017, 05:40 PM
JUST LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Do you have ever played For Honor ?

it sounds like you dont. I probably played more than you lot.

Danioku
04-04-2017, 05:46 PM
it sounds like you dont. I probably played more than you lot.

Nah, you dont even know the basics of this game and you just say BS.

You didnt even chked my ftracker and you say more BS

Btw np, i'm fine with trolls but i'll feed you no more

OneTrueAlca
04-04-2017, 05:47 PM
Nah, you dont even know the basics of this game and you just say BS.

You didnt even chked my ftracker and you say more BS

Btw np, i'm fine with trolls but i'll feed you no more

I had 4 chars with 108 Gear atm and 2 more to go (Shugoki and Warden). do you?

i wont waste time on league of legends kids so dont bother

OneTrueAlca
04-04-2017, 05:53 PM
see your a warden main who only plays one char no wonder you're biased as F

Danioku
04-04-2017, 05:59 PM
I had 4 chars with 108 Gear atm and 2 more to go (Shugoki and Warden). do you?

i wont waste time on league of legends kids so dont bother

You play all this champs and you still don't know how their animations ineract with each other ??

LOL

Nice troll

OneTrueAlca
04-04-2017, 06:01 PM
You play all this champs and you still don't know how their animations ineract with each other ??

LOL

Nice troll

no offence but your the troll. my Warlord with 108 gear score can easily deal with the running shugoki by doing headspliiter once he starts the charge animation, and if he kept doing he will become an easy kill.

u dont even play Warlord so stfu plz. im out

Danioku
04-04-2017, 06:18 PM
no offence but your the troll. my Warlord with 108 gear score can easily deal with the running shugoki by doing headspliiter once he starts the charge animation, and if he kept doing he will become an easy kill.

u dont even play Warlord so stfu plz. im out

The WL in a 1v1 scenario has literally no answers and no chances to win vs a Oni-charge abuser Shugoki.

That's it, sorry.

If you wanna know why, just watch some of the links posted in this 3D, some tourneys footage, some SyperPK clips on Twitch, read this whole 3D or the Reddit ones. I guess that sources where to find infos are enought.

NotFourthBro
04-04-2017, 06:30 PM
I dunno what you two are arguing about, but one of you just said "champs," so I'm gonna have to side with the guy that called you out as a LoL'er.

Danioku
04-04-2017, 06:39 PM
I dunno what you two are arguing about, but one of you just said "champs," so I'm gonna have to side with the guy that called you out as a LoL'er.

:D

Felis_Menari
04-04-2017, 07:08 PM
You can counter a running Shogoki if you played exactly like this -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-rnh19rOvg

Shugoki are technically useless on even grounds without walls since he can't hugwal ppl and can be only trade hits for hits.

If they nerf Shugoki charge i would like to see Warden bash getting nerfed too

Did you not see Truetalent get hit by the charge despite dodging? If a Shug has good aim with it, you're just ******, by the looks of it.

FledgeSRondo
04-04-2017, 08:13 PM
Uhh... Can't you just dodge roll the Shugoki whenever they're running at you? That's what I do whenever I see them running at me, 9 times out of 10 they're aiming to Oni Charge and dodge roll seems like the safest option. I've seen Shugokis spam that on bridges to bait and knock people off, and dodge roll works fine, and you can safely close the distance without losing too much stamina.

DrExtrem
04-04-2017, 08:20 PM
But the dodge roll tires you out - the charge does not.

If you do thus a couple of tines, you are out of stamina.like they say: "don't run away. You'll only die tired."

The headsplitter is a nice idea but it breaks the hyper armor at best. A second strike would be needed, to actually interrupt the charge. The problem us, that you are already sitting in your arse, when the second strike us ready, because he threw you to the ground. That's the beauty of the shugs hyper armor - you always get your current move in.

No chance to open a turtle? What about headbutt? Ok ... it does not work on shield users with superior block but the rest should not be a problem.

Ib4 arsenal flame ... you know where the darkest place of a teddy bear is right?

ValdyKawaii
04-04-2017, 08:33 PM
A few things that I have noticed and do as an Orochi. I know that if I hit a storm rush from the side at least I can connect and the push will throw me off so far away that the shugo's heavy can't connect. It only works in an open field. Also, if I know the train is coming I make sure to land a heavy before I am knocked down. If we are in closer quarters I try to do a top light and the second light stops the train.

As much as I hate going against a good turtle shugo, I love them in 4v4s when they are by my skinny orochi side.

DrExtrem
04-04-2017, 08:41 PM
Its good to have one to hide behind. And you hate fighting them.

He is the mirror universe version of B. A. Baracus ...

secrecy274
04-04-2017, 08:47 PM
As much as I hate spamming the same video over and over, it sums up my feelings for the Shugoki perfectly.
'
https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=UYdKp98KVGs

Oupyz
04-05-2017, 12:43 AM
Ubisoft are you reading ?

nerf that ****ing fat cheese class already

UbiJurassic
04-05-2017, 01:03 AM
We certainly keep a close eye on For Honor tournaments. We haven't announced any changes to Shugoki yet, but if we find that there is a major problem with his style of play, we will be investigating changes for him in the future.

Egotistic_Ez
04-05-2017, 02:36 AM
We certainly keep a close eye on For Honor tournaments. We haven't announced any changes to Shugoki yet, but if we find that there is a major problem with his style of play, we will be investigating changes for him in the future.

Did you watch the tourney linked on page 1? I won't argue balance, but there are obviously serious issues with the playstyle.

Butonfly
04-05-2017, 09:40 AM
Is this what they call 'high level play'? :rolleyes:

I don't get why Mege never attacks? He is so terrified of the enemy Guard Breaking him that he no longer fights / risks anything. So frightened of the consequences that he will not act or push or pressure. He was so passive. He had some great opportunities to attack and all he did was feint, as if he has spent so much time feinting that he's forgotten it doesn't do any damage. Terrible to watch. I don't actually think this makes the Shoguki look bad. He is aggressively using every move in his arsenal without fear. Okay that may be because he is OP ... but that aside ... Mege is so afraid of making a mistake that he does nothing.

Is he considered good?

I guess he had given up and was too busy complaining / no longer trying but damn .... that was sad to watch, and not because of the Shoguki.

It's blatently obvious by what you say that you've never had to fight this type of Shugoki.

Butonfly
04-05-2017, 09:54 AM

I've had to fight this and I can tell you right now, it's broken as fk.

And it's only half of it. The Shugoki already has so much control of your stamina. If you're at all offensive toward him, he'll just start pinning you under headbutts (after he's already forced you to dodge roll, and thrown you around with his free 50/50). At that point he'll keep you on the ground. If you've got your stamina back, he's free to disengage and sprint around until he's charging your *** again. So then you're stuck fighting the Hyper Armor, which he'll disengage to wait to replenish at his leisure. The whole fight is ****ed.

Haemmerst0rm
04-05-2017, 10:04 AM

THere is a major problem. Watch the video i have linked in the first page. It is totally broken! Make oni rush cost more stamina like lawbringer running shove. And make the startup slower!
Also fix shugoki's headbut. It is ridiculous that you lose a lot stamine when he headbuts. You are planning on nerfing warlord headbut (warlord main here), and yet you let shugoki have a more powerful headbut then warlord does.

Felis_Menari
04-05-2017, 10:16 AM
THere is a major problem. Watch the video i have linked in the first page. It is totally broken! Make oni rush cost more stamina like lawbringer running shove. And make the startup slower!
Also fix shugoki's headbut. It is ridiculous that you lose a lot stamine when he headbuts. You are planning on nerfing warlord headbut (warlord main here), and yet you let shugoki have a more powerful headbut then warlord does.

The fact that the Shug is just as good, if not better, than the Lawbringer (ya know, the one said to be *THE* stamina destroyer) with just a quick one-two combo is hilarious. Maybe the headbutt should only take half stamina, instead of 75-80%?

Aarpian
04-05-2017, 11:03 AM

Balanced or not, you can't seriously question whether or not this is a healthy, fun way for Shugoki to be played...

palyftw
04-06-2017, 06:52 PM
Yes!!!! They mentioned the Shukogi Finals on the Warrior's Den today!!!!

Haemmerst0rm
04-06-2017, 07:23 PM
yes!!!! They mentioned the shukogi finals on the warrior's den today!!!!

praise the lord!!!!