PDA

View Full Version : Pick an ancient warrior you'd like to see in for honor.

supermaldo93
04-04-2017, 12:19 AM
Title. Just a fun little waste of time thread to get people's imagination working.

Personally I don't have any type of specific warrior in mind. I just want to see some type of pugilist in the game. Could only imagine what kind of executions they could do with their bare hands.

What you guys think?

PepsiBeastin
04-04-2017, 12:23 AM
Can't wait until the Winged Hussars arrive.

cyberakiba
04-04-2017, 12:26 AM
Personally I think a bare hands mode would be awesome!! But notI'm not convinced on the character though.

supermaldo93
04-04-2017, 12:29 AM
Personally I think a bare hands mode would be awesome!! But notI'm not convinced on the character though.
They would have to use some type of fist weapon to be viable. Not just bare hands. Maybe metal gauntlets or claws or something.

SerArthur-Dayne
04-04-2017, 12:51 AM
1) (above all others!) A ninja class with Claws would have me come back to the game and spend money! Class would have good range closing moves (like PK jump atack), should be a weaker weapon all round for balance, but would have some advanced claw slashes/stabs after special parries like wardens top attack counter. Hard to master class. Ninja stars for throwables/ and smoke? GB should be similar to PK kick, could even use some of the same animation to save dev time.

2) I would also like to see a class that incorporates a shotel and jambiya dagger. The shotel could have special properties to damage opponents with a shield up. Fighting style could incorporate some kicks too.

3) Dual wielding two saber sized kukri. Advanced deflect capabilities. super fast light attack side slashes and combos similar to bezerkers whirlwind~esque attack (dont know the name) . Maybe loses balance when Guardbroken and often falls when thrown regardless of having stam, due two the swords throwing his balance out?

4)Although knights have a char with a greatsword, it would be cool to see another with simply just a longsword in one hand, and the other hand free. Mix of leather and metal armour. (Think Bronn from Game of Thrones)

cyberakiba
04-04-2017, 12:53 AM
They would have to use some type of fist weapon to be viable. Not just bare hands. Maybe metal gauntlets or claws or something.

Yes , add some disarming mechanichs and you have a brand new mode to play! Anyways, not sure Ubidoft would care 'bout this on for honor but who can tell.. While you can take a look at this: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1618962-SUGGESTION-Game-Mode-Siege

Your contribute is welcome

Herbstlicht
04-04-2017, 01:00 AM
Don't think we will see claws. Anyway, it is more fantasy then real weaponry thats useful.
Hmm, Nobushi, Kensei, Orochi, all use weapons i love. I love swords btw :)
So some addition like another longsword or greatsword type would be nice. Personally, i would very much dislike more fast heros at this time. Ubi needs to find out how to deal with fast attack spam first.
But, especially with swords, it isn't solely about the blade, but a lot about the way of fighting. So there are countless possebilities i would enjoy i guess.

Helnekromancer
04-04-2017, 01:03 AM
It would be fun to fight against someone using a whip blade, their parry would be them wrapping the blade around your weapon.

CandleInTheDark
04-04-2017, 01:08 AM
Can't think of any warriors but a war scythe would be a nasty weapon, could fit in just about any faction since it developed from a farmer's tool.

In all honesty, dual wielding assassin knight pretty much already ticked all the boxes for me in what I wanted to play, but yes light spam is an issue..

pancakerz
04-04-2017, 01:21 AM
I know it doesn't really fit the theme of the game, but a shaolin monk character with a pair of hook swords would be rad. I just like them because they're incredibly versatile weapons, for example you can even hook them together for a long range slash.

Barring that, maybe a swashbuckler for the knights. rapier/saber in one hand, buckler in the other, and medium armor. Would probably play like a cross between conq/PK, or warlord/nobushi.

Delectable_Sin
04-04-2017, 01:26 AM
A rapier and gauche wielding duelist/fencer would be amazing.

A spartan class would be cool.

A saber wielding swashbuckler would be super cool.

Pikeman -- yes, that's different than the two polearm classes we already have.

Warhammer class -- the historically accurate war hammer looks like a framing hammer, not a giant steel maul.

UbiJurassic
04-04-2017, 01:31 AM
I love these kinds of threads! Some of the standout suggestions from the community, in the past, have been pirates, Arabian warriors, and even aliens.

I'm still waiting for the hero design team to get back to me on my proposal.

http://i.imgur.com/i70GCyL.jpg

kweassa1917
04-04-2017, 02:05 AM
Since its Medieval themed, I'd love to see warriors from other parts of the world.

-- My no.1 pick has gotta be 9th~15th century warriors of the Middle East, preferrably before the age of 'universal' Janissary reforms

-- 12th~15th century Chinese spearmen would also be cool

-- not an expert of this field, but I'm guessing sub-saharan tribal warriors and north/south american native warriors would be also cool.

STVRSEED
04-04-2017, 02:51 AM
F Yeah pirates!:D:D:D

supermaldo93
04-04-2017, 02:59 AM
I love these kinds of threads! Some of the standout suggestions from the community, in the past, have been pirates, Arabian warriors, and even aliens.

I'm still waiting for the hero design team to get back to me on my proposal.

http://i.imgur.com/i70GCyL.jpg

This... This is a game changer... I like it.

ceaser64
04-04-2017, 03:24 AM
Im probably alone in this, but some kind of like Cro magnum/ Neanderthal type with stone weapons would be an interesting contrast.

CoyoteXStarrk
04-04-2017, 04:59 AM
I would love to see a Roman Gladiator with the classic Trident and Net combo.

Would be an AMAZING loadout for Disabler

Kiiyor
04-04-2017, 05:32 AM
Something with a Rapier, or a Saber. A musketeer would be awesome, but a little out of the time line. If it was implemented, it would have to be drunk all the time and pick fights with the aristocracy.

The Swiss had some pretty badass mercenaries, and were still effective and highly sought after as infantry even after firearms became prominent. Give them a lucerne hammer or a pike! No idea how a pike would work, heh. Stab a PK killing minions in the face all the way from point A.

http://i.imgur.com/sj8RLmt.jpg

Maybe a Doppelsöldner with a Zweihänder!

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/41/84/c5/4184c5a66c9d9e04d35f6d2c62bafb6e.jpg

http://mercury-models.com/assets/images/m1.jpg

The Vikings can mock him for his dress sense, but he would still make the battlefield at least 40% more fabulous.

RODELEROS!(spanish sword and buckler men)

They used a steel buckler and thinner sword (not quite a rapier, more of an arming sword)

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/29/bf/61/29bf616a33b69a63467b956d12195ab7.jpg

massive02
04-04-2017, 05:44 AM
you guys are already half way there, just cover the face with a bandanna and thicker beard. DONE PIRATE! oh by the way there is also a deadliest warriors episode on pirates vs knights, check it out if you haven't already. Anyone against pirates are just lame knights who are afraid of the pirates kicking their butts.
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/a1/67/90/a16790c8f16df1ef0c8459f949c98670.jpg

jeppy83
04-04-2017, 06:14 AM
Later down the track they should make a barbarian faction. This will include warriors from the mongols, Huns, goths or even celts. That will be interesting.

cragar212
04-04-2017, 06:36 AM
Some kind of ancient egyptian warrior could be sick. Sphynx helms etc

supermaldo93
04-04-2017, 07:00 AM
And to add to it, I'd love to see African tribesmen. Shaka Zulu was badass.

teksuo1
04-04-2017, 10:07 AM
pirates, claws (??) , staves (monk), male PK.

Dmochu093
04-04-2017, 10:42 AM
I think tatars and chinese warriors will be fit to the game lore. Also I like to see polish noble man with saber, something like Olgierd von everec from witcher

ninjacut
04-04-2017, 10:46 AM
A spartan warrior like from 300 so it at least would be fun to be kicked off the ledge while be screamed on with the words "This is sparta" xD

Halvtand
04-04-2017, 10:52 AM
Three pages in and no one has even mentioned the warriors of some of the most successful empires on earth for this time period.

The indians of south america and their obsidian-blade-wielding jaguar and eagle warriors.

alfey707
04-04-2017, 10:53 AM
An Apache type warrior.They have good practical wepons,armour and fight style to fit in to the game.He/She can be an assassin/hybrid type of hero using the tomahark as a defence tool in there left/right hand and a jawbone club as an offensive in the other hand.

THEPH0NECOMPANY
04-04-2017, 11:48 AM
Good luck balancing him Ubi
https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11125/111252975/4895273-master-chief-square-542x542-5bff9fc0c96b4f07adbdd3f6d68f84b8.png

Eclipsedmoon86
04-04-2017, 11:53 AM
I'd like to see
1. Shaolin monk
2. Roman gladiator
3. Celtic or (Scottish) highlander
4. Pirate buccaneer

Those are all I can think of off the top of my head I'm sure I can think of more

CoyoteXStarrk
04-04-2017, 12:03 PM
Good luck balancing him Ubi
https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11125/111252975/4895273-master-chief-square-542x542-5bff9fc0c96b4f07adbdd3f6d68f84b8.png

Its pretty easy.

Just hand him to 343 and he instantly becomes a useless sack of scum

:)

TBH_Saeko_Irri
04-04-2017, 12:18 PM
I want to see myrmidons the most fierce of all warriors in ancient Greece

DSxGearshift
04-04-2017, 01:14 PM
An Egyptian warrior with one of those sickle swords.. Cause i can already imagine the cool executions that could happen

CoyoteXStarrk
04-04-2017, 01:20 PM
My Trident + Net Gladiator = Disabler combo is still the best option I have seen.

The rapier/fencer = poke and dance option is the next best thing in my opinion.

Hillbill79
04-04-2017, 03:05 PM
New factions would be good.

Romans,
Greeks
Egyptians
Saracens
Mogols
Aztecs
Lots lots more.....

DrinkinMehStella
04-04-2017, 03:10 PM
as this is an ubisoft game how about Ezio from Assassins creed with his hidden blades?

Gray360UK
04-04-2017, 03:18 PM
as this is an ubisoft game how about Ezio from Assassins creed with his hidden blades?

We already have drop kills from ledges, just need the game to make that eagle sound as he drops and it would be perfect :D

DrinkinMehStella
04-04-2017, 03:30 PM
We already have drop kills from ledges, just need the game to make that eagle sound as he drops and it would be perfect :D

lol that is true, maybe add some haystacks to hide in and cheese the enemy by surprise

Gray360UK
04-04-2017, 03:35 PM
lol that is true, maybe add some haystacks to hide in and cheese the enemy by surprise

Haha, I can hear it now ... NERF HAYSTACKS WHY CAN ONLY ASSASSINS HIDE IN THEM??!!!11 HAYSTACKS ARE OP!

Can we have a feat where we whistle and 4 other assassins leap down from the rooftops and gank our enemy like in Brotherhood?

Ubisoft? Can we? Pleeeeease! ;)

DrinkinMehStella
04-04-2017, 03:43 PM
Haha, I can hear it now ... NERF HAYSTACKS WHY CAN ONLY ASSASSINS HIDE IN THEM??!!!11 HAYSTACKS ARE OP!

Can we have a feat where we whistle and 4 other assassins leap down from the rooftops and gank our enemy like in Brotherhood?

Ubisoft? Can we? Pleeeeease! ;)

haha The forum is toxic enough i'm waiting for someone to take us seriously and write an essay about how were wrong and should go die for suggesting such a thing lmao.

Lilcoorz
04-22-2018, 06:22 AM
I would like to see Myrmidons, The soliders Achilles took to battle at Troy. With a large Shield and a Epic sword. If yall cant make a “Spartan” please make a “Myrmidon” that would be my New main straight up make him a Vanguard please Ubisoft.

Hormly
04-22-2018, 04:41 PM
A rajput type with a scimitar and katar. Heavy armor. Give him to the weebs as a guest character

scardeboii
04-23-2018, 05:48 PM
unlikely to come but I would want to see Winged Hussars (without the horse ofc)

JessCrush
05-14-2018, 12:19 AM
Title. Just a fun little waste of time thread to get people's imagination working.

Personally I don't have any type of specific warrior in mind. I just want to see some type of pugilist in the game. Could only imagine what kind of executions they could do with their bare hands.

What you guys think?
I want 2 see a peasant hero on For Honor they should get credit since they fought in the war they could be a stealth or a hybrid like aramusha for one the peasant is not noticable and let's say the Vikings attacked but then the peasant kills them from behind
And for the hybrid they culd give the peasant more moves but with weaker attack kinda like nobushi with a little bit of bleed I wuld trade my lawbringer for the peasant

Vendelkin
05-16-2018, 11:13 PM
I coulod get behind a swashbuckler/fencer character. Aramusha tho maybe already plays how they would design him. No serious side dodges but quick attacks direct and good ripostes.

Vendelkin
05-16-2018, 11:33 PM
Romans wouldnt work with what we currently see in the nights. Aztecs would end up too similar to current vikings. and the rest just aren't distinct enough from whats already really in place except for maybe Egyptian. Eqyptian could work, but with african tied in. Heavy could be african with shield and Knobkierie (the owoden knobbed beatstick) An Assassin with a whip (would be tricky to avoid shinobi duplication tho) Vanguard could be a classic Medjay. Hybrid could actually use the Eqyptian gun shield and somethign similar to a khopesh or a Shotel which is distinctly eqyptian.
As an alternative hybrid you could hav ea well armored african pugilis using some form of Nyepel, Larim fighting bracelet.

Thing thats hard tho is most weaponry of distinct value in actual combat is either European or Asian. There are unique weapons and fighting styles that came from eqypt and from africa, but due to the lack of metal materials and techniques their weaponry pales in comparison.

Vendelkin
05-16-2018, 11:36 PM
As a fuinal note before i leave, I would also love to see a katar fighter, or a fist fighter, or some other chinese exotic fighter, but.... the big problem with this is most of those weapons were very very very ritualistic and not actually the most viable in war like combat. Katars in particular are a fun idea, but very hard to use iexcept in assassinations. hook swords are also again very "cool" but beside from potential ability to disarm, against an even slightly armored opponent they are extremely useless.
But again yesssss I want to see a marital fist fighter despite this.

Ianoneshot
05-17-2018, 01:56 AM
I kinda want something sorta creative. Unlike actual historical things. I think imagination should be implemented into any new heroes. Sorta like this:
https://i.imgur.com/jPYZhbO.png

Y' see how there is more... imagination in this hero? I would really like to have heroes like that (especially for Knight, because right now we are just getting Romans...).

However, the most wanted historical warrior I want is this:
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/df/f4/cc/dff4cc8d67ee93b69ea454607d44cc2c.jpg

Fuqbois
05-17-2018, 05:30 AM
Spartan with a shield, spear and a sword, with a mechanic like the Highlander, where the Spartan would change from the spear to sword and vice-versa.

Ianoneshot
05-17-2018, 01:10 PM
Spartan with a shield, spear and a sword, with a mechanic like the Highlander, where the Spartan would change from the spear to sword and vice-versa.

Please... No more going into the past. We went from Knights to Romans. NOW GREEKS!? They don't even connect! In fact, the Greeks were trampled by the Romans. Why recruit a person who lost to another person in out faction?

TestO...
05-17-2018, 01:51 PM
@Ianoneshot vikings, samurai and knights connect?
tbh i would like to see leonidas based character in the future, sword and shield.. just imagine 'this is sparta' execution

bannex19
05-17-2018, 02:07 PM
Knights, Inquisitor (a return to actual knights): robed, plated 2 handing a war hammer similar to a lucerne but not a polearm.

Vikings, Godi: Masks, furs wields a spear and no shield, more brutal/crude looking fighting style than nobushi or valk.

Samurai, Byakkotai: shirtless or rags if female (because we can cut off heads but can't see t*ts!) Yakuza style tattoos covering most of the body and wears tengu/oni masks (goofy looking ones not intimidating ones like the shugo). Uses 2 tonfa, more defensive style.

I'm prob the only one that doesn't have a hard on for sparta...

Ianoneshot
05-17-2018, 09:36 PM
@Ianoneshot vikings, samurai and knights connect?
tbh i would like to see leonidas based character in the future, sword and shield.. just imagine 'this is sparta' execution

I didn't say they connected I was talking about the connections of only the Knights faction in this For Honor lore. Also take into account that the game takes place today. Rather than years ago like so many others believe.

ALSO also, the Knights vikings and Samurai stuff was the original premace of the game. I want to try to keep to the original premace as much as possible.

Helnekromancer
05-17-2018, 10:27 PM
Give me a samurai with Tonfas and a Geisha using Steel Fans.

carelessBadger0
05-18-2018, 01:38 AM
egyptian empire warriors would be cool

chairogom
05-24-2018, 12:06 AM
Ancient Persian
Ancient Greek or Macedonian
Ancient Indian (Weapon Chakram)
Ancient Maya or Aztec
Huns or Mongolian