PDA

View Full Version : PK's need to use more light attacks?

Supercool5150
04-03-2017, 06:13 PM
Since UBI didn't nerf the light attacks people that don't play with PK are mad, and the people with PK's are mad also. The people with PK's don't want to use them because they don't want the haters riding their *** or they have a conscience and know the PK is unbalanced. UBI basically said the data wasn't there to fix this, right? They look at where most damage is done from. What if all PK users spammed the crap out of the light attacks for the next week or so and give UBI the data they are needing. A lot of PK users (myself included) try to play the character right rather than take advantage. I don't know...I'm just spit balling here\ but maybe there is something to this.

Gray360UK
04-03-2017, 06:28 PM
Totally agree.

CandleInTheDark
04-03-2017, 06:29 PM
Peacekeepers can't catch a break. I got a message saying cheap as **** because I bled a guy out three times after five long rounds. His feint game was amazing and he barely touched shoulder bash so it was a good fight both sides but wow can't win either way.

Prophit618
04-03-2017, 06:46 PM
The PK hate is so deep at this point that if you win a fight with a PK, no matter what you used, it will be considered a cheap move.

Using light attacks? How cheap.
Dodging into heavies? How cheap
Deflect? Too cheap.
Using revenge? So cheap.

It's kind of an impossible situation.

That being said, I don't abuse ZA because that is too cheap. I don't abuse light attack spam becuase on PC that gets you killed if you're fighting someone with skills. And if you're fighting someone without skills, it's a moot point anyway

CandleInTheDark
04-03-2017, 06:56 PM
Oddly enough, the scrappiest games I had as a warden where nothing worked and it was hack and slash for both of us, I might have ffelt like damn that was a bad fight but got no abuse whereas a skilful win with a pk is cheap because yeah any win is.

SendRickPics
04-03-2017, 07:16 PM
So your "winning idea" is to flood Ubisoft with falsely inflated statistical data?

Just let it go man, the data isn't there to support the claim that PK is light-spam to win. Ubisoft confirms this themselves.

Supercool5150
04-03-2017, 07:21 PM
So your "winning idea" is to flood Ubisoft with falsely inflated statistical data?

Just let it go man, the data isn't there to support the claim that PK is light-spam to win. Ubisoft confirms this themselves.

They are already flooded with false data...If I played to win every game with my PK, I would use light attacks a hell of a lot more than I do now. Sounds like many others would do the same thing.

SendRickPics
04-03-2017, 07:24 PM
They are already flooded with false data...If I played to win every game with my PK, I would use light attacks a hell of a lot more than I do now. Sounds like many others would do the same thing.

So you're saying you don't play to win? Seems stupid to me.

I think more people play to win than come on to the forums to whine about non-issues. I think more people are providing actual statistical data than you're not giving them credit for.

Supercool5150
04-03-2017, 07:33 PM
So you're saying you don't play to win? Seems stupid to me.

I think more people play to win than come on to the forums to whine about non-issues. I think more people are providing actual statistical data than you're not giving them credit for.

I see your point. The whole reason for the post was just to see how people felt. I do play to win, but maybe I don't spam the lights every time i play just to spam lights. There are games / duels I've lost where i thought to myself...I should have light attacked more, but because of the backlash that just using a PK brings made me play different. I hear what your saying though and do appreciate different opinions. This post was intended to create a discussion not whining, so I apologize if it comes off that way.

SendRickPics
04-03-2017, 07:47 PM
I see your point. The whole reason for the post was just to see how people felt. I do play to win, but maybe I don't spam the lights every time i play just to spam lights. There are games / duels I've lost where i thought to myself...I should have light attacked more, but because of the backlash that just using a PK brings made me play different. I hear what your saying though and do appreciate different opinions. This post was intended to create a discussion not whining, so I apologize if it comes off that way.

I'm not trying to come down hard on you, I'm just trying to point out that there's no point in not using every tool to your advantage. Sometimes trying to use every other move-set at my disposal doesn't work. Sometimes the only thing that does work is light-spam, even then that's not always going to work.

All is fair in war though, and you'd be foolish not to use every tool at your disposal to win, I guarantee your opponents will, and they wont feel bad about it. They'll even gloat over your corpse.

Blasto95
04-03-2017, 07:57 PM
As a PK main, I play to win but I try and do as little cheap moves as possible unless my opponent is cheesing. With that said, the top 2 complaints about PK were ZA and Light Attacks. They nerfed ZA, great, fantastic. Everyone should be happy with that change, a step in the right direction. But then you nerf Dodge+Stab? What? Why? I never once heard a complaint about that move...

So ZA is gone, Dodge+stab got a nerf, and Light attacks remain unchanged...How else is PK supposed to play besides the occasional GB+Stab? Deflect+Stab? Nah id rather parry and punish. Raw heavies? I shouldnt even call that a suggestion. Looking at PKs right now...it seems Ubisoft wants us to light attack spam...

ghostirq
04-04-2017, 12:01 AM
PK light attacks are fine. People who complain about them are straight up scrubs. I played many people who had no problem blocking them, and if you can't do that you can dodge or backout.

UbiJurassic
04-04-2017, 12:10 AM
I don't think skewing the data is the best move here. We are interested to hear the feedback regarding the announced changes to peacekeeper and have been forwarding it to the team.

Gammony
04-04-2017, 12:28 AM
I guess you never played Raider or LB and experienced the slow stance change?

SendRickPics
04-04-2017, 01:54 AM
I guess you never played Raider or LB and experienced the slow stance change?

Slow stance change is a myth that's been debunked. What happens is you're screwing around with trying to fast-swap stances and it overwhelms the system, causing it to skip and ignore a stance change command.

Herbstlicht
04-04-2017, 07:29 PM
Well, i play on console. When i have some Assassin orders now, i will play PK. And do nothing but light attacks. If this really wins me games (i cant play pk, don't know her moveset) .. ah well, judge for yourself :)

And it is not that i want to jumble some data. Her side attacks are like hell for my Nobushi. But her swift light spam on console is almost on par with it.

cragar212
04-04-2017, 07:36 PM
Ubi is clueless in regards to balance. Worst part is how long the patchs take.

VillNess
04-04-2017, 07:43 PM
I don't think skewing the data is the best move here. We are interested to hear the feedback regarding the announced changes to peacekeeper and have been forwarding it to the team.

It's not skewing the data he suggestes, it's STOPPING skewing the data... I myself HATE being Peacekeeper main but for me she really is the only character I can play and enjoy but what I do is I keep restricting myself. I don't use light attacks that much, I don't use ZA, I don't basically do anything that I think people will find cheap. I'm 100% sure my KDA/Win ratio/etc would be much higher if I never restricted myself.

I just wish I could use my character's abilities to their fullest without restricting myself at all and still not feel cheap and actually enjoy if I won the battle.

CandleInTheDark
04-04-2017, 07:49 PM
It's not skewing the data he suggestes, it's STOPPING skewing the data... I myself HATE being Peacekeeper main but for me she really is the only character I can play and enjoy but what I do is I keep restricting myself. I don't use light attacks that much, I don't use ZA, I don't basically do anything that I think people will find cheap. I'm 100% sure my KDA/Win ratio/etc would be much higher if I never restricted myself.

I just wish I could use my character's abilities to their fullest without restricting myself at all and still not feel cheap and actually enjoy if I won the battle.

Thing is we can't win either way, I got a salty message from someone I bled to death saying cheap as ****. Peacekeeper needs some attention and then to keep her head low until people start complaining about others. I would take being slightly underpowered at this point even if it means a buff or reworking some of her moves is needed later.

Herbstlicht
04-04-2017, 08:00 PM
Hm, don't know how it must feel to be a PK these days. Knowing the class you love is going to get some nerfs. And maybe, because possibly it is not "enough" yet, another set of nerfs might be incoming. Still, people might hate you just for playing this class since it is considered cheap.

And to be honest, i really hate to be matched against PK, more then against any other class. Not that warlord or conq are so much better. But warlord is rare, and conq .. i dunno, but i often manage to beat them. PK however, i meet them so often and in duel or brawl mode, i die like 90% of matches against her.
Though Valkyrie fast attack spam is hard to manage too, PK really beats this, and no matter how much i train, i don't seem to manage blocking her.

DrExtrem
04-04-2017, 08:08 PM
Slow stance change is a myth that's been debunked. What happens is you're screwing around with trying to fast-swap stances and it overwhelms the system, causing it to skip and ignore a stance change command.

No its not a myth.

I played vs. an orochi a few days ago. I 'xploded his head a few times with my lvl 13 conq. and I had not problem with his attack speed or sudden guard changes.

I thought to myself: "and now for something completely different." And went for my rep 1 lb. Hell ... I got my arse handed without a doubt. He did not even left a note. The first strike is vital - if you can land the first strike, the doors are open for more damage - and the lb leaves the door far open.

CandleInTheDark
04-04-2017, 08:13 PM
Hm, don't know how it must feel to be a PK these days. Knowing the class you love is going to get some nerfs. And maybe, because possibly it is not "enough" yet, another set of nerfs might be incoming. Still, people might hate you just for playing this class since it is considered cheap.

And to be honest, i really hate to be matched against PK, more then against any other class. Not that warlord or conq are so much better. But warlord is rare, and conq .. i dunno, but i often manage to beat them. PK however, i meet them so often and in duel or brawl mode, i die like 90% of matches against her.
Though Valkyrie fast attack spam is hard to manage too, PK really beats this, and no matter how much i train, i don't seem to manage blocking her.

It isn't enough and it isn't in the right area which is the main problem and a bunch of us have been making noise about it hence this thread. And yeah here is the thing, I knew I was going to main peacekeeper before I ever touched her, because dual wielding knight assassin, that was all I had needed to know.

Herbstlicht
04-04-2017, 08:31 PM
It isn't enough and it isn't in the right area which is the main problem and a bunch of us have been making noise about it hence this thread. And yeah here is the thing, I knew I was going to main peacekeeper before I ever touched her, because dual wielding knight assassin, that was all I had needed to know.

Well, when i meet you candle, i will remember you from the Forum and won't care about loosing i guess :) But for the most part, being assured to loose 9 out of 10 matches against one special class really takes some fun out of it. Anyway, for the sake of you and all those PK mains out there, i really hope that when they are done, you still have a competitive character that at this point is accepted again.