PDA

View Full Version : Is Orochi seen as op?

Ratti_Tatti
04-03-2017, 05:08 PM
I've just been told that I'm "cancer" and should "use someone who needs decent skill". I was against a Berserker and was mostly dodging and deflecting their light attack spam. I wasn't spamming the X/R2 attack, and obviously just a sore loser.

It did make me think whether Orochi is seen as an op character though. What do you guys think?

guffffff
04-03-2017, 05:11 PM
As a Warden, Orochi is fast and you have to play properly to compete against a good player. So I tried playing as Orochi and found it really difficult to do well so hats off to Orochi players

zide-
04-03-2017, 05:12 PM
Orochi is fine currently. Only the people who are new and don't know how to block and dodge say Orochi is OP. OP classes are PK, Warlord and Valkyrie due to the fact they are easily exploitable.

Herbstlicht
04-03-2017, 05:14 PM
Na, Orochi is ok. Not his fault to rely on za and top light at some point but more a design flaw. Still guess people hate those dodge side attacks vs lights because you can not really counter them. Only bait for a gb. But there are some people that know the animations too well already i guess, they hardly fell for it.

Besides, maybe you play on console. The faster characters are harder to deal with there.

Alchemist-21-
04-03-2017, 05:15 PM
Orochi is good but he's not OP. Some people are just salty and will call whatever class they lose to an unbalanced character.

Prophit618
04-03-2017, 05:16 PM
A really good Orochi player is an absolute beast of a time. But a just kind of good one is a cakewalk.
Orochi is totally not OP, but it is certainly overrepresented in the game. Half of every match seems to be Orochis for me these days.

And really, with the exception of Raider and Lawbringer, a really good player in any class is a beast of a time.

kweassa1917
04-03-2017, 05:24 PM
I've just been told that I'm "cancer" and should "use someone who needs decent skill". I was against a Berserker and was mostly dodging and deflecting their light attack spam. I wasn't spamming the X/R2 attack, and obviously just a sore loser.

It did make me think whether Orochi is seen as an op character though. What do you guys think?

Initially, yes, but nowadays as ppl become more knowledgeable and a meta has formed, its more of middle-upper middle tier by most standards.

(ps) Of course, there's also a huge gaping gap between the lower tier classes.

CandleInTheDark
04-03-2017, 05:29 PM
It depends on the player, I used to get wrecked by the storm rush, now if an orochi is standing still for two seconds, I am readying a dodge for deflect and bleed. I don't think it is overpowered but then I play the one people get more salty about, I can honestly say I am not good enough with the orochi after using it in story mode but then I haven't put the time in as I have with peacekeeper.

atac56
04-03-2017, 05:35 PM
orochi is my main character and he has nothing going for him outside of his attack speed. he has no bleed damage, no unblockables and his deflect is worthless because he can still get attacked through it. orochi is a noob destroyer plain and simple. anyone who is decent at this game puts up a lengthy fight.

atac56
04-03-2017, 05:38 PM
he's seen as Op simply because hes a popular character. I reckon hes popular cause hes easy to use

Specialkha
04-03-2017, 05:52 PM
he's seen as Op simply because hes a popular character. I reckon hes popular cause hes easy to use

Not really. Just because he looks cool. Besides that, he is nearly the hardest hero to play.

Ratti_Tatti
04-03-2017, 05:53 PM
Have you used him before?

Operch
04-03-2017, 06:02 PM
Not really. Just because he looks cool. Besides that, he is nearly the hardest hero to play.

Whaaaaaaat?!

No. Just no.

Specialkha
04-03-2017, 06:14 PM
Dudes, Orochi has no mixup, no way to open up a turtle, no unblockable as well if his opponent does not attack.
As it stands, while the meta is still defensive, he is one of the hardest to play against decent players. Of course, I am not talking about noobs or beginners like you look like to meet on a regular basis. But at my skill level, I need to work far harder than most of the fotm class.

atac56
04-03-2017, 06:18 PM
he's definitely not hard. the game labeling him as hard is a mistake, hes as basic as it gets. the warlord ought to be considered hard not this jabrone

Specialkha
04-03-2017, 06:26 PM
Basic =/= easy to play.

Since he is so basic, he has nothing ot break up a turle, hence he requires quite a lot of skill against good players. But you would not know that :)

Herbstlicht
04-03-2017, 06:38 PM
Dudes, Orochi has no mixup, no way to open up a turtle, no unblockable as well of his opponent does not attack.
As it stands, while the meta is still defensive, he is one of the hardest to play against devent players. Of course, I am not talking about noobs or beginners like you look like to meet on a regular basis. But at my skill level, I need to work far harder than most of the fotm class.

Well, that applies to a lot of skill levels in fact, as well as it applies to many more classes. However, i doubt this is a place for Orochi tears. I would love some changes and more "real" variety and versatility for him to not rely on top light and zone, but those two tools are incredible strong. Not enough to be top. But he is far from the bottom too.

DrExtrem
04-03-2017, 08:16 PM
On console with last millisecond victor change, he is ugly to fight against. Especially, if you are playing lb or raider. The orochi will just s**t on you.